Does Non-fatal bore you?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Does Non-fatal bore you?

Postby Indighost » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Talking in an RP context.

After experimenting with a variety of types of vore RP over the past 8 years, I found that temp fatal vore (duration 1-2 days, while prey player plays another character) is best. Long enough to feel satisfying fullness for the predator, and get the full nutritional value & go through the complete digestion process, not so long as to be annoying for anyone else who wants to play with that prey. Prey re-forms mysteriously and the relationship continues to develop as normal, pred and prey both happy about it :)
Indighost
---

Postby SlitheringSnake » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:14 pm

I don't think it's fair to say that it bores me, but a large part of the fantasy for me is that the predator, well... eats. If one of my characters swallows someone whole and they don't get to digest them, it feels like a hollow experience. I have done non-fatal in the past and I don't dislike it, but it's definitely not my favored way for the scene to end.
Nice open window you have there. It would be a shame if I slithered into it and devoured you.
SlitheringSnake
Been posting for a bit

. Looking most of all for father/ son stories which nonletha

Postby fatherlover » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:45 am

I prefer it.. what I am determined to do and want most of all is to find father/ son stories where the son survives being eaten.
fatherlover
New to the forum

Postby ChibiToy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:58 am

Hmm that's a thoughie too :/

While it isn't exactly boring for me, I like my vore as close to reality as possible. And surviving a trip through a cruel and
airless environment just doesn't fit in. I totally don't mind if my pred regurgitates me before digesting me, but to survive the
entire trip or being reformed afterwards is just a huge killjoy for me. At least the essential part of vore/digestion for me is
when the pred absorbs all somewhat useful parts of their prey, stripping them off their right to exist... --> that's the ultimate form
of domination/submission for me... :oops:
God, please throw brains from the the heavens... or bricks. Doesn't matter as long as you hit! x3
ChibiToy
Participator

Postby DiAnna » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 am

I dislike fatal vore, done to me. I get pleasure in the connection the pred/pray have in the process.. I just want to be as close as possible to the pred..
As a pray i don't view myself as food, but more like a weaker thing in need of a stronger one - i enjoy the view of mouths and throats and bellies and would love to view it more than once.
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth and sense of humiliation if i would to be digested - as if i cost nothing and don't deserve anything.
I want to feel weak and powerless in need of protection and even some form of threats and teasing, domination and control, maybe some damage done .. but not to the point of dying.
Maybe it's weird but i view vore as a more deep, unique even romantic way for a dominating person to treat the submissive one, to have take his fears and make him/her beg for their life.. or experimenting different stuff, or even done for protection and maybe just a temporary hunger satisfaction. For a romantic relationship and feeling of closeness and bond.
I do, however like the idea of a 'hard to convice' pred, who typically doesn't release his victims.. finding the correct path to earning his mercy is something i very much appreciate !
But if other pray find pleasure and arousal with being digested - i don't judge anyone !
DiAnna
New to the forum

Postby dekabreak » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:37 am

I wouldn't say it bores me, i just don't get it i guess.

Mostly because i genuinely can't get what's so good about being inside of a stomach or inside of someone else for the prey, i don't see how being inside of someone would be that much more intimate, i don't want to see the inside of a stomach, vagina or what have you, it would just be cramped(if normal size) and boring.

Even the idea of it being a submission or punishment thing doesn't work for me, because i find regular BDSM alot hotter than non-fatal vore so that doesn't work for me too.

I think the closest i can get to liking non-fatal vore is full tour, particularly if the prey doesn't enjoy the process of coming out.

Otherwise, i am sad to say, but i genuinely don't like any other kind of non-fatal vore, it's just not my thing at all.
dekabreak
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 am

dekabreak wrote:I wouldn't say it bores me, i just don't get it i guess.

Mostly because i genuinely can't get what's so good about being inside of a stomach or inside of someone else for the prey, i don't see how being inside of someone would be that much more intimate, i don't want to see the inside of a stomach, vagina or what have you, it would just be cramped(if normal size) and boring.

Even the idea of it being a submission or punishment thing doesn't work for me, because i find regular BDSM alot hotter than non-fatal vore so that doesn't work for me too.

I think the closest i can get to liking non-fatal vore is full tour, particularly if the prey doesn't enjoy the process of coming out.

Otherwise, i am sad to say, but i genuinely don't like any other kind of non-fatal vore, it's just not my thing at all.

I understand and that's okay to not like it! If you want though I would be happy to try and explain my appeal to it anyway, for you and whoever else may not understand the appeal in it. But really there isn't anything wrong with one or the other, they are just preferences~
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Kirah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Marauder wrote:
Kirah wrote:
Garwood wrote:Yeah, since I heavily prefer fatal vore. Vore for me is more a dominance/submission thing than a romantic thing.

Dominance can also be expressed through non-fatal, though. The dominance/submission part is also part of the appeal for me, I guess.

The posessiveness, finality etc goes out of the window though.

The finality might be out of it, but that doesn't necessarily make it more boring. It opens up a plethora of teasing options, for example.

The possessiveness is still very much in play. Arguably more so. Just because it's non-fatal, doesn't mean the prey can leave whenever they please. :wink:
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Ehhh...

For those who like it, to each their own.

For me, it's a matter of logic.

What is the stomach for? (Or for some predator species, gizzard/whatever the primary digestive organ may be)

If I find myself there, digestion is precisely what I expect. Fact is, I thoroughly enjoy it. I've mentioned this book many more times than I can count on both hands, but in The Teacher From The Black Lagoon, there is the scene in which Doris gets eaten alive, and then later...

"Doris Foodle (lol 'Foodle')...is digesting..."

BOOM Hello, climax. :)

Oh, but believe me, it makes the relationship between lovers even more intimate (especially for me since my preferred predator is one and the same as who I find attraction in - Hello, ladies, transgirls).
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Tastymeat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:29 pm

For me, death aspect is vital. Prey get weaker so Pred gets stronger. Prey dies so Pred lives. Pred eats and prey is then shit and so dead.
Tastymeat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kristoph1344 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:32 am

Not really, nonfatal is a personal preference for main characters is stories for me. . . . . Whereas non-main characters can be digested.
Kristoph1344
Participator

Postby deadpoolfan » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I wrote in this thread earlier, but i've decided to give a different answer. I was almost exclusively fatal, but then i did a public, long term rp and staryed getting really attached to my character. It was very conflicting. Now i don't know what i like...
deadpoolfan
---

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Kirah wrote:Just because it's non-fatal, doesn't mean the prey can leave whenever they please. :wink:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

There's no word that'll turn me into a fidgeting, blushing mess faster than "mine".
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue May 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Speedyblupi » Tue May 02, 2017 2:39 pm

I really like fatal stuff, but I don't think non-fatal is boring. There are situations where it can work - when the predator is the right size, basically. I usually demand a lot of realism, but I'm generally less strict with the survivability of full tour, regurgitation, or AV than with anatomy.

My priority in vore is the relationship between the predator and prey, and full tour can lead to some interesting stuff, even though I usually prefer fatal digestion. I like thinking about a situation where a predator digests one prey and non-fatally vores another, even though I very rarely come across it on this site and have only ever seen it as AV.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Wed May 03, 2017 2:10 am

jaggedjagd wrote:Fatal speaks to my cruel side and non-fatal to my romantic side.

I definitely feel this way. I feel that it's not really sexual unless the pred lets the prey live in there. Otherwise it's a form of torment. Digestion is perfect for destroying an unlikable character.
Jayezox
---

Postby Doku » Wed May 03, 2017 9:13 am

Bore? No.

Trigger? Frequently, yes. Non-fatal (even if only implied with a FTB at the end of the scene) drags the content well outside of my comfort zones 99% of the time, and into territory where it is treated as affectionate, loving, normalized and consenting. Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer, and that's extremely unusual. While a certain "Dark, twisted seduction" is fine (as I do play a succubus character frequently), anything more affectionate than that tends to wig me out almost immediately. I find the notion of "Non-Fatal" play that is intentionally non-fatal to be unpleasant, extremely disconcerting and on frequent occasions very disturbing. I sometimes have to mute participants in open chat if I find it's getting to me.

And, while my issues with AV and CV both eventually faded years and years ago, this preference against non-fatal play has only become more firmly entrenched with me over the last decade. I just am not comfortable playing it out. I'm not bored by it. It freaks me out.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ghrelin » Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 am

Latroma wrote:Bore? No.

Trigger? Frequently, yes. Non-fatal (even if only implied with a FTB at the end of the scene) drags the content well outside of my comfort zones 99% of the time, and into territory where it is treated as affectionate, loving, normalized and consenting. Only in rare cases of non-consented imprisonment do I find myself comfortable enough to play the material out any longer, and that's extremely unusual. While a certain "Dark, twisted seduction" is fine (as I do play a succubus character frequently), anything more affectionate than that tends to wig me out almost immediately. I find the notion of "Non-Fatal" play that is intentionally non-fatal to be unpleasant, extremely disconcerting and on frequent occasions very disturbing. I sometimes have to mute participants in open chat if I find it's getting to me.

And, while my issues with AV and CV both eventually faded years and years ago, this preference against non-fatal play has only become more firmly entrenched with me over the last decade. I just am not comfortable playing it out. I'm not bored by it. It freaks me out.

Now, this is interesting. I have seen people have that kind of response to fatal, which while i don't share that feeling, i was able to understand why because what it involves tends to be (and is portrayed as) very unpleasant for at least one party involved. Nonfatal is usually the opposite. I do see some issues with unwilling nonfatal, depending on how it's portrayed, but I don't think i've ever seen anyone say they were triggered by nonfatal overall, especially willing.
You don't have to explain further if it's uncomfortable, but I am really curious about what makes it upsetting/disturbing to you, since I usually hear it the other way around.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby deadpoolfan » Wed May 03, 2017 9:36 am

Erastus wrote:
Latroma wrote:Bore? No.

Now, this is interesting. I have seen people have that kind of response to fatal, which while i don't share that feeling, i was able to understand why because what it involves tends to be (and is portrayed as) very unpleasant for at least one party involved. Nonfatal is usually the opposite. I do see some issues with unwilling nonfatal, depending on how it's portrayed, but I don't think i've ever seen anyone say they were triggered by nonfatal overall, especially willing.
You don't have to explain further if it's uncomfortable, but I am really curious about what makes it upsetting/disturbing to you, since I usually hear it the other way around.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. Took the words right out of my mouth
deadpoolfan
---

Postby coop500 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:59 am

Same, I wanted to ask as well but not be rude or accidentally biased.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion