Thevoretube down?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Thevoretube down?

Postby DarkSlayer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello fellow eka's members,

I have come across TheVoreTube and it seems to be offline, the domain cannot even resolve the DNS. How long since it was last online?

I considered hosting such a site myself for the (or especially this) community, but I am not a douche (or I would feel like one) if TheVoreTube is still a thing and has supporters etc pp.

Any opinions?
DarkSlayer
Somewhat familiar

Re: Thevoretube down?

Postby Xethoner » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Uh there was a big post that the Voretube will go offline.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47175&p=2507271 Ah more information here!
Well, I would love to have such a site back, but i cannot spend any money. Im a poor Student. Sorry.
Xethoner
Been posting for a bit

Postby MaxTwenty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:22 pm

Wouldn't be more of a douche; it's all stolen content to begin with.
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nerdrarg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

Not to be mean to the other guy, but I don't think it'd be douchey. Unfortunately for him, he was unable to run the website without charging money(or maybe its a scam, who knows?) If you have found a way to deliver most of that content for free, I'm sure many would absolutely FLOCK to your site. So many people were disappointed when thevoretube became paid and I believe people only still pay for it because there's not others like it. I'd say go for it! People want free content any day. At one point, he claimed he needed a certain amount of money each month, and if I recall, he received enough to run the server for a few months, but a few weeks later, he STILL put it behind a permanent pay barrier...
Nerdrarg
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarkSlayer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:54 am

Thanks for the replies.

I could run the website without having people pay for access or anything like that. Sure, I could put up a donation tracker and/or patreon and/or implement google adsense, but in the end it would all remain just free without a paywall or anything. If people would donate (without being forced), then it would be nice, but it would not a requirement.

I have a good server, mostly unused and can pay the monthly fee just fine. (It also has unlimited traffic included in my contract)

Right now I am looking at several web scripts, which already float around and are basically open-source clones of YT.
DarkSlayer
Somewhat familiar

Postby LucifersChef » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 pm

The Vore Tube has always been a bit odd. They got a patreon up and running that claimed it was bringing back the site as it raised like $100 a month. It came back for a few months, and it is now gone again.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby toofarbound » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Too expensive to host videos, for me at least. That's why I run this site: http://www.morvor.com/, I have unlimited traffic too, but it slows down when it gets busy, but that rarely happens.
toofarbound
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nerdrarg » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:40 am

toofarbound wrote:Too expensive to host videos, for me at least. That's why I run this site: http://www.morvor.com/, I have unlimited traffic too, but it slows down when it gets busy, but that rarely happens.

I've noticed your videos springing up on YouTube and thank you SOOO much for this site! You do great service to the vore community, you were the first patreon I subscribed to/clip4sale I have EVER bought :) Unfortunately, I may have to cancel the patreon, cause im a broke mofo, but I hope the money I did give helped! Thanks for your service to our community Too Far Bound!

Maybe multiple sites would be useful, so in case one dies(seems all too common), we still have content?
Nerdrarg
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion