Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Is vore the new joke?

Postby overnightsnack » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:38 am

Vore as a meme makes me extremely happy. It normalizes my experiences and helps remind me that I'm not alone in my odd little kink - something that I wish I could have known earlier in my life, if I'm being entirely honest. It helps that the vast majority of "mainstream" references to vore I've seen have been totally benign, at worst light teasing. There will always be the people Legitimately Upset about things someone else enjoys, but they will always be the minority. The majority will be people like good old Griffin Mcelroy and his Amiibo Corner. :)
overnightsnack
New to the forum

Postby Jayezox » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:47 am

I'm mostly visiting gaming sites briefly and rarely see a mention of it. The one time I did see a mention, everyone started discussing their fetishes or even acted slightly interested. Gaming websites are normally home to edge lords and trolls who act snarky on a regular basis and are really unpleasant. It's like talking about getting their rocks off brings a hostile community to harmony and not just vore either. Then suddenly, it gets modded.
Jayezox
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:48 am

From my perspective in my little tight-knit nook on tumblr, the people making the vore jokes are to varying degrees into vore themselves. Of course, not everyone in the big world out there's making the jokes, but I'd just recommend considering if any given joke's genuine hate or just and actual fan poking fun at their weird fetish. Makes sense they'd be comfortable with joking about it now that vore's passed the visibility even horizon. We've passed that peak of greatest notice (and coinciding with that, most negative reaction because of course the more eyes on it, the more eyes will not like what they see) and now we're on the long road to public disinterest. Perhaps I speak from a point of too little experience, but we've seen/we're seeing it happen with furries. It's just not a big deal anymore in any moderately progressive circle to be furry. I predict the same'll happen with vore, perhaps even expedited a li'l bit 'cause the scandal attached to furries is so recent in public memory.

As far as any factor of annoyance goes, I wouldn't worry 'bout it clogging up your feeds for too long. Folks'll get bored and move onto something else sooner or later.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:From my perspective in my little tight-knit nook on tumblr, the people making the vore jokes are to varying degrees into vore themselves. Of course, not everyone in the big world out there's making the jokes, but I'd just recommend considering if any given joke's genuine hate or just and actual fan poking fun at their weird fetish. Makes sense they'd be comfortable with joking about it now that vore's passed the visibility even horizon. We've passed that peak of greatest notice (and coinciding with that, most negative reaction because of course the more eyes on it, the more eyes will not like what they see) and now we're on the long road to public disinterest. Perhaps I speak from a point of too little experience, but we've seen/we're seeing it happen with furries. It's just not a big deal anymore in any moderately progressive circle to be furry. I predict the same'll happen with vore, perhaps even expedited a li'l bit 'cause the scandal attached to furries is so recent in public memory.

As far as any factor of annoyance goes, I wouldn't worry 'bout it clogging up your feeds for too long. Folks'll get bored and move onto something else sooner or later.

As a furry, I can corroborate your observations about how the public perception has changed on us, and I agree that it's likely to happen with vore too, and faster.
Humbug
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:59 am

I believe I fall under the category of furry as well, it's just that I was made aware of this aspect of myself so recently that most of my inside perspective comes after the public apathy set in.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Emi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 am

I noticed this, and I'm disappointed. I'm always getting sad and angry seeing how normal people react to leaked fetishes. I feel pity to normal people, they are mostly stupid and agressive to things they don't understand. I know. In the depths of their miserable souls they envy us, people, who have an additional, wonderful source of pleasure and creative inspiration.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby Speedyblupi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:32 am

I don't think we should get defensive about it if people just joke about it. People are going to think vore is weird and/or disgusting, and there's nothing wrong with that. If people are actually attacking each other over it, then it can become a problem, but otherwise we can ignore the trolls or just laugh along with them.

I don't want the vore community to go down the route of BLM and SJWs and develop a persecution complex.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Emi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:46 am

I agree. If people just joke, it's OK:) I just can't get it calm if normal people just show how they are shocked and disgusted and yelling "these crazy fetishists need therapy".
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby FlamingPup » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:55 am

To quote Cards Against Humanity:

"Some people find it weird that I like vore. Some people can go f**k themselves"
FlamingPup
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ritesyder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Vore becoming a meme wouldn't be a bad thing. Probably will just make it more popular. Gotta embrace what's given to us lol
Ritesyder
New to the forum

Postby Merodi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

I think the vore jokes are really funny. People on tumblr tag me in them 'cause they know I like vore, and it's just some friendly teasing. Hell, I joke and make fun of it a lot too. Stuff like "Vore me escalator-kun" and that kinda stuff makes me laugh all the time.
It's mostly harmless fun, really.
Merodi
Participator

Postby Miridium » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Our community is underground, out of the mainstream, and based off what many consider a deviant taste (no pun intended). Of course people are going to tell jokes about it.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:38 pm

"Heeey! Let's all shriek and pretend we're dying of disgust to this bad vore drawing because it's weird but not too weird so we don't feel like we have to take it seriously! Aaaa the humanity!!" :roll:

Think about this. Do you really want the approval of someone who thinks taking the piss out of vore is a riot and a half? Think about what kind of person that probably is. Someone who probably doesn't share much common ground with you, right? So don't care. Let them enjoy their lowbrow humor away from you. There's plenty of people you'd be better off investing your feelings in, especially when you consider that all those "cringe compilations" and the like are just pandering to teenagers.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eyefull » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:51 pm

Artemis wrote:"Heeey! Let's all shriek and pretend we're dying of disgust to this bad vore drawing because it's weird but not too weird so we don't feel like we have to take it seriously! Aaaa the humanity!!" :roll: .

Yeah, that's the most cringe-worthy bit about it. 90% of the time they choose just really bad art when it comes to making their jokes. We have some really good artists! It's like making fun of people who like pizza and choose to point and life at slices sold on the side of the street instead of a good restaurant.

P.S. Artemis, how does your signature keep changing like that? It's different every time I click back.
Sin it to win it!
Eyefull
Participator

Postby Artemis » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 pm

It is sort of a low-hanging fruit deal, yeah. I like to think that maybe one day a lot of the people currently enjoying this brand of humor will get bored of it and seek out a more refined sense of humor, like dick jokes or puns. :u

As for my signature. It's a signature rotator. I don't completely understand the technology behind it, it's a website you sign up to that lets you input your own image links. It then gives you a static .gif link that will randomly redirect to one of those image links when loaded by someone's browser.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:10 am

Many things today fit the bill of "hey there's this thing we find weird, let's laugh at it to prove how smart and special we are". If anyone thinks vore is being unnecessarily bashed on, you might want to take a look at therian / otherkin... I vaguely remember how a long time ago, even someone who claimed to be a member of Eka's Portal sent me a hate message on Youtube over this at some point.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Etron » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

One thing I have noticed is that "normal" people (for lack of a more appropriate word) are increasingly becoming aware of many niche internet things, including vore. As a fur, in the last year or two I've noticed people - even "internet celebrities" - making furry jokes like posting a picture of some object with photoshopped color and saying "this is my fursona" or something dumb like that. Usually don't pay much mind to it so I can't give a better example at the moment unless I come across one.

Recently I've rarely seen jokes about vore in the same way, like someone posting a picture of something that vaguely looks like a mouth along with the text "I'd let that eat me" (again, usually don't pay attention so that's not a good example but you get the picture). Personally I'd rather these things still be underground to be enjoyed better by their enthusiasts, as I hold the unpopular opinion that it's good to take hobbies "seriously" (jokes are one thing but low effort content is another, and that's what they bring IMO), but meh. Can't do anything about it, internets is mainstream now, doggone normies etc etc.
Etron
New to the forum

Postby CherryBlossom » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Off topic ish... But.... 5%!?!? That's 1 in 20 people, way to much. It's more like 0.001%.
CherryBlossom
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Etron wrote:One thing I have noticed is that "normal" people (for lack of a more appropriate word) are increasingly becoming aware of many niche internet things, including vore. As a fur, in the last year or two I've noticed people - even "internet celebrities" - making furry jokes like posting a picture of some object with photoshopped color and saying "this is my fursona" or something dumb like that. Usually don't pay much mind to it so I can't give a better example at the moment unless I come across one.

With the internet starting as "something you're on all the time if you're a computer enthusiast" but in recent years becoming "something you must be on all the time because everyone else is and you aren't cool if not", that comes as no surprise. Definitely foresaw bad things coming a few years back, when on every television channel people started increasingly talking about Facebook and how it's now a must. There's always that someone who needs to take things too far too fast or meddle where they shouldn't, then find some sort of reason to go after others who are minding their own business.

Etron wrote:Recently I've rarely seen jokes about vore in the same way, like someone posting a picture of something that vaguely looks like a mouth along with the text "I'd let that eat me" (again, usually don't pay attention so that's not a good example but you get the picture). Personally I'd rather these things still be underground to be enjoyed better by their enthusiasts, as I hold the unpopular opinion that it's good to take hobbies "seriously" (jokes are one thing but low effort content is another, and that's what they bring IMO), but meh. Can't do anything about it, internets is mainstream now, doggone normies etc etc.

That's actually a harmless kind of thing, it would likely be okay if it was just that. Bigger problem is Neo-Nazis and other psychopaths on one side, who believe people with different likes shouldn't exist and deserve to die (Youtube's full of those)... alongside paranoid lunatics who still think looking a stupid drawing can harm kids, and throw their whole "think of the children" bullshit around to justify yet more calls for censorship. Thankfully vore isn't big enough for most people to know about it let alone important ones, but if that ever changes one can easily imagine the madness to come.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby deadpoolfan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:13 pm

personally, i think there is no way. sure, there may be a few a**holes who stumble across us, and of course they're going to react like that, but were not even close to being close to that mainstream. were small, and more or less unnoticed. thank god for that. (sadly, the same can not be said for furries. sorry you guys, i sympathize)
deadpoolfan
---

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion