Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Is vore the new joke? (Perhaps! Let's laugh along!)

Postby MeTheMe » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 am

The more I hear vore off handedly mentioned by media, youtubers and such, the more I think of other fetishes that get mentioned. Like, I wonder how the BDSM crowd feels that their fetish gets all sorts of mention anytime someone's tied up, and whipped and feels good about it.

I don't know that it's comparable, because vore is a much stranger and rarer fetish than BDSM, but I think it's interesting to think about how other fetishes handle getting mentioned or talked about so much.

To be honest, if vore became one of those jokes that people just bring up anytime someone's eaten in a video or game, I don't think I'd mind too much, it's already a regular thing for other groups and fetishes, and it may even normalize it for people who think it's too weird.
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby FloatyBum » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 am

Or they will continue thinking it's weird and then you'll become a laughing stock for having a certain fetish like those creepy ass daddy dom people everyone hates. Yeah how about we DON'T become that.
FloatyBum
New to the forum

Postby Rendezvore » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:31 am

FloatyBum wrote:Or they will continue thinking it's weird and then you'll become a laughing stock for having a certain fetish like those creepy ass daddy dom people everyone hates. Yeah how about we DON'T become that.

Are you being sarcastic or do you really feel the need to kink shame? Daddy doms are a type of BDSM play where one person plays a parent and the other plays a child---fantasy role play mode between adults, no different than playing pred as dom and prey as sub here on the Portal. If you've only heard of abusive cases, then I am sorry, but that's not at all what it is about and you may be judging things without understanding. Which is exactly what ignorant people do toward vore. :?
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 am

I always did wonder how people into vore could be so judgemental.... but man, we are horrible sometimes. We literally are interested in the consept of something being eaten alive, often digested but not always, by another being. Yet we harshly judge other fetishes/interests and even each OTHER. Facinating... on a disturbing degree.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Mate » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am

Yeah... I've also noticed that a lot of youtuber have noticed that vore exist but I also noticed that a lot of people didin't noticed that they noticed, but in my case I've noticed. :|

At least 3 youtuber that I normally watch have made reference or joke about vore, but none of them have talked about in a negative way. (Edit: No, ^^; most them don't even try to understand >.> )

(Here's the proofs, if you ever wanted them ) :

https://youtu.be/4kYqOdMcISw?t=752 Dick and dines show

https://youtu.be/xMtdhk9quXw?t=671 Same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reY5iHEatoc This Exist

https://youtu.be/6RJbPyXadYk?list=PLOl4 ... kLFO&t=952 Game Theory

https://youtu.be/ZNCYG5YnSEA?t=613 Adam Plaze
being
Hum... So upon rewatching all of those video, I'll say that... Yay it's maybe becoming the "New Joke" (whatever that mean), but personnally that don't bother I laughted along with them. :D
I love to make fun of myself !!! :silly:

The only problem is that they think of us with only fatal vore in mind and believe that we're ready to die/being digested for our fetish.
And that ignorance begin to really bother me, even if that was kinda funny I think that, for example, the dickey dines show needed to search a little more about it before laughing like assholes.

Espacially you Austin !!! :angry: You're angering me !! :angry: (Still Sicks Vocals Dude :P )
Mate
Been posting for a bit

Postby deadpoolfan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Y'know, since i got into the furry fandom (fairly recently, only a few month's ago) I've been surprised at how much the subject of vore has come up. I mean, I knew it was more recognized in the fandom, but i didn't realize it was almost common knowledge. Since joining, I've started watching a large amount of furry youtube channels, and I swear, about half of them have brought it up at east once, and, even if they are consistently making fun of it, they never mention it in bad taste or shed negative light on it (okay, not "never" but, but a lot less than we're used to). idk, just thought it was interesting, and realized this would be a good thread to bring that up in. also, for any other furries, keep in mind that i'm new, but is this correct, or just a coincidence in my case?
deadpoolfan
---

Postby Lightness0001 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm not quite part of the furry fandom (no OCs, just vore stories, etc.) but I've been pretty close for a long time now, and I'm pretty sure vore is one of the more common fetishes in the community. I vaguely recall it being one of the top search terms on FA, for instance.
Feel free to support me on Ko-fi!
Lightness0001
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rendezvore » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:19 pm

Is it any wonder? I would think it would be pretty natural for furries to lean toward a vore fetish. Furries are anthropomorphic animals (and other creatures) and animals tend to, you know, eat each other? Furry characters are often still given animal instincts a lot of the time.

I mean, I love Zootopia and other animal movies for their real life messages toward generalizing groups of people based on ignorant stereotypes, but I can't deny loving them for generalizing those groups in a much more primal fantasy way, as well. As a lover of animals, biology, and vore, that's just how my head works when I see animal people. :wink:
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MeTheMe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:20 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:This just in: Youtuber "Vorethernlion" denies existence of vore as a legit fetish. What a scum.

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/185330247

01:21:50

He really is the only married virgin.

I don't know that I'd consider it that serious, he made a few jokes at the community's expense on a stream where he dicks around a lot, I imagine, and hope, that in a more serious tone he'd be much more understanding. I don't think he meant anything serious or malicious by it. I could be wrong, that was my take.

MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby jaggedjagd » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:44 pm

jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MeTheMe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:
MeTheMe wrote:I don't know that I'd consider it that serious, he made a few jokes at the community's expense on a stream where he dicks around a lot, I imagine, and hope, that in a more serious tone he'd be much more understanding. I don't think he meant anything serious or malicious by it. I could be wrong, that was my take.

Pff no it's not serious at all. If the "scum" thing threw you off, that's an inside gag among Northernlion fans. (Any fellow NLSS circlejerk peeps here? No? Aww.) NL is actually a genuinely chill and tolerant dude. I mean, he's Canadian after all. Just don't talk to him about jaywalkers or bread integrity. They talk about fringe fetishes & sexual practices all the damn time on the show. And never in a malicious tone but more with like naive curiosity. If there's anybody on the entire internet I'm fine with poking fun at vore, it's these knuckleheads. Honestly I hope they bring it up more often. It's excellent banter fodder.

...Am I fangurling too hard? Sorry.

A little. ;p I forgot his friends call him that, I don't watch him very often but he is good. I should have remembered that inside gag, TotalBiscuit uses it when he comes on the Co-Optional podcast. Thanks for clearing that up!

MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby d3fn932bdeleted » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Pssh, as if those people could make good jokes about vore when they're not even voreaphiles themselves. We can monopolize the vore comedy! >:3
d3fn932bdeleted
New to the forum

Postby Tetrahedra » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 pm

IDK vore "jokes" are usually one of two things: "haha attack on titan is a vore anime i bet all of you guys whack off to it" and "haha i'm voring a sandwich right now #vore mention #dont unfollow im just kidding #please dont talk to me about vore #sin" and it's just really boring. Every time I go through the vore tag on tumblr (at this point, why even bother lol) I end up blocking a bunch of blogs because I'm tired of seeing their posts instead of actual content (and if that's their level of comedy I don't really want their other posts either lol). Like I'm not mad or anything, it's just how have ya'll not gotten bored of shitposting about vore when it's been a meme going strong for like 6 months now?
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 am

jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:48 am

jaggedjagd wrote:This just in: Youtuber "Vorethernlion" denies existence of vore as a legit fetish. What a scum.

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/185330247

01:21:50

He really is the only married virgin.

LOL "fetish golf"
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby fieldmousse » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Not sure if this has been posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJpP5ACUczs
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby jaggedjagd » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 pm

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Wow Jag, if it's on comedy central game shows, the awareness of vore, at least, must be approaching full penetration, almost as equal as the awareness of furries. If vore becomes cool, I will have to find something weirder lol. The community-created, non-corporate feel of it and other obscure hobbies has become something I really love.

That said, since even https://www.reddit.com/r/Vore/ posts only have a maximum of 9-10 comments I don't think we're in the commercial exploitation zone yet. A larger market would be needed, and internet penetration has mostly plateau'd at this point. If we aren't commercially exploitable at this size and widespread awareness, we probably won't be generally.
Indighost
---

Postby Ghrelin » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:28 pm

^the more popular your kink gets, the more stuff you have to laugh at :D
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion