Purpose

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Purpose

Postby CalligraphOwl » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Why do we all like vore? What is the driving force of this fetish?
CalligraphOwl
New to the forum

Re: Purpose

Postby N-Mario » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:36 pm

It's just a fetish. That is all that is to it.

We like what we see. We fantasize it sometimes as being held protective against other things. Some like it as being held prisoner, while the preds fantasize it as the prey being a companion of the sort who would be there to satisfy their needs.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Vore is mother natures answer to the population explosion :) We will end up in one gigantic belly with smaller preds and smaller tummies nested inside. (Like those russian dolls)
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Borealis » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Coz going in a tum, is fun.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby Randomness » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Mine is my absolute adoration and fantasization of death. I see vore as the ultimate manifestation of power one has over another.

But I'm just weird. D:
Randomness
Participator

Postby Twister88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:53 pm

I've asked myself that question many times, and as far as i know there is no clear answer to it. The human brain and human sexuality in general is a very complicated subject so i doubt we will ever find an answer to why certain people have these type of fetishes.
Twister88
Somewhat familiar

Postby fieldmousse » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Randomness wrote:Mine is my absolute adoration and fantasization of death. I see vore as the ultimate manifestation of power one has over another.

But I'm just weird. D:

Your not weird :)
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby TaciturnTiger » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:35 pm

I really don't like to try and explain, nor desire to really explain, one's kinks. Vore for me tends to be a way to get much, much closer to someone (or make them much, much closer to you, as the situation warrants). >:3 There are also few nights where I don't fantasize about vore to some degree, so it also proves to be a sleep aid for me too.
TaciturnTiger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:00 am

Humans have desire and like a plethora of things even if they seem pointless because it makes them happy. Comfort food for example is usually bad for your caloric intake but it's just so tasty you can't resist. Why would vore be any different?
Kitsouille
???

Postby Ghrelin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 am

there is none, especially when you consider that not everyone likes the same things about it.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BIGBIG » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:16 am

In most cases One usually comes around this fetish when in childhood they feel needed, lonely. Not fitting in with the other kids or just really clingy to their mother or father.
You could say that you want to get back in to the womb or the tummy (stomach). The safe place you came from and to be the closest to someone or be wanted. And then later it joins up with other experiences in life and makes all kinds of fetishes join up with it. Even if you indentify as an observer the subconscious drive is the same. When you turn out to be a pred person more then prey, the story is the same though there are some traumas joined with it like being used (mostly sexually)by your parents or other kids,bullies so the drive is much more hatred, to want to get revenge and to dominate. Not entirely sure about this last part though.
So in the end its all a reaction to your environment engraved in your subconscious.
BIGBIG
New to the forum

Postby Doku » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:12 pm

It is a fetish. There is no driving "point" behind that. This is a community devoted to that fetish in fictional form, so the point of the forum is to share art and RP of that sort of thing. That's all. I do not understand the driving need behind attempting to make it more than it is.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby granblue » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I like to think of vore as a symbol of how far humanity has come. Back when we weren't at the top of the food chain, primitive men were constantly terrified by the thought of being devoured... now people jerk off to it.
granblue
Participator

Postby Doku » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

It's not a statement... it's just a bloody fetish. Seriously? We've had necrophilia since ancient Egypt and Bestiality since cave carvings. And ours has been the dominant species since thousands of years ago. It does not mean that a bear can't maul a human or an alligator can't have a human snack under the right circumstances even into the modern era, but this isn't some statement about what's happened to us as a species.

It's. just. a. fetish.

Stop trying to make it into something more than the simple paraphilia that it is.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Predator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:00 pm

bigbig wrote:When you turn out to be a pred person more then prey, the story is the same though there are some traumas joined with it like being used (mostly sexually)by your parents or other kids,bullies so the drive is much more hatred, to want to get revenge and to dominate. Not entirely sure about this last part though.
So in the end its all a reaction to your environment engraved in your subconscious.

I have to say, I find this evaluation bewildering. As a pred, I don't think my desires stem from traumas or hatred at all. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find people who do. I don't think you can often make such a one-to-one connection between environmental factors and fetishes. In my opinion, fetishes just are. Lots of us have had these thoughts/feelings/fascination from our earliest memories, so environment cannot play the only role and perhaps does not even play much of one at all. Like many of us, I spent a long time trying to figure out why I was this way, but I am pretty firm in the conclusion that there is no concrete "why."

To circle back to the OP's question, asking "Why do I like vore?" is, in some ways, kind of like asking, "Why is my favorite food X?", or any similar question about your preferences and what you like and don't like as a normal human being. You can come up with particular things you like about that thing to describe why you like it, but that doesn't mean it has some deeper meaning or a cause you can trace back to and pinpoint. We could talk ourselves to death with Freudian nonsense, evolutionary psychology and our place in the food chain, but in my experience it winds up going in circles very fast and, in the end, doesn't elucidate whatsoever why or toward what end this particular fetish is part of our sexualities.
Predator
Participator

Postby merlovinit » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 pm

The only real answer is that fetishes have no credible scientific explanation at this point in time. I know that's frustrating. But it's a bit like trying to answer the question of why we find some physical traits beautiful and not others. And I'm not talking about obvious things like traits that affect our perception of fertility, like youth, large genitals, or physical fitness. Why do we like certain types of noses, eye colors, or various and oddly specific proportional relationships between body parts?
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Anthro21 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHx6Cisdg
I think this could apply to this question.
Anthro21
Been posting for a bit

Postby CalligraphOwl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:54 am

Anthro21 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDHx6Cisdg
I think this could apply to this question.

That does help explain a lot, thanks.
CalligraphOwl
New to the forum

Postby CalligraphOwl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:55 am

Latroma wrote:It's not a statement... it's just a bloody fetish. Seriously? We've had necrophilia since ancient Egypt and Bestiality since cave carvings. And ours has been the dominant species since thousands of years ago. It does not mean that a bear can't maul a human or an alligator can't have a human snack under the right circumstances even into the modern era, but this isn't some statement about what's happened to us as a species.

It's. just. a. fetish.

Stop trying to make it into something more than the simple paraphilia that it is.

Hey chill out, I was just curious.
CalligraphOwl
New to the forum

Postby Emi » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:33 am

Things like this are hard to explain. This gives us pleasure, cool feelings, this is why it works. Personally me, I can explain what is the purpose. I love and always loved seeing my fav characters (in stories, cartoons, films) being killed. The more I like the person who kills - the more hot the scene is.
Second: I always loved human body fluids, such as: saliva, blood, slime, gastric juices, urine, etc. The more disgusting the fluid is - the hotter the scene is. For example, gastric juice, vomit or urine work much better than blood or tears.
Vore is where both things are crossing: the prey gets destroyed brutally in disgusting internal juices. This is why vore turns me on.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion