Moments you don't like in series that you love...

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

If a story series explores kinks you are uncomfortable with, would you continue reading it?

Yes, and I will still read the unpleasant moments in order to take in the full story.
27%
Yes, though I may skip over the unpleasant moments.
14%
Maybe, it depends on how much I dislike the scenes in question.*
14%
Maybe, it depends on the types of scenes in question.*
3%
Maybe, it depends on how frequently the scenes in question appear.*
14%
*Maybe, it depends on a combination of the three options above.
19%
No, though I may make an exception for series I really enjoy.
8%
No; I cannot read any scenes with which I feel uncomfortable and will discontinue reading a series entirely due to these moments.
3%

Total votes : 37

Moments you don't like in series that you love...

Postby RuffledFerret » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:06 pm

...or however that should be worded.

Basically, imagine/remember a series of stories that you really enjoyed. Chances are there exists a chapter or two that explores kinks that you don't necessarily appreciate or just downright dislike. Would you drop the series entirely or simply choose to ignore those bits?

I'm looking mainly for feedback on story series, not individual stories. Feel free to include personal examples of works with which you've had similar experiences, but please remain civil and do not bash the author behind said works or the preferences of others in general.

(This is my first time working with a poll; I'll try and include as many different options as I can think of.)
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Moments you don't like in series that you love...

Postby todomatsu » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Depends on the specific kink/aspect I dislike, how long it lasts, if it'll come up again later in the story, ect.
todomatsu
Somewhat familiar

Postby Saftkeur » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:59 pm

I chose No, though I may make an exception for series I really enjoy.

For me, the kinks I'm most uncomfortable with tend to be immediate dealbreakers, overarching elements that will ruin a story (and series) for me. Fatality is a big one - and generally affects the story as a whole - while other, smaller things might be same-size (not so much a discomfort as it is a loss of immersion), hard vore / gore, and other such things that again, is usually an indication of the story's theme, so there's little point in continuing with a series I know won't be enjoyable for me.

There's exceptions of course, I think there's always exceptions. I'm very uncomfortable/squeamish with fatality or even implied fatality, but if it's done just right - tactful, in moderation, non-focal characters - sometimes I'll continue a series. (this particular example tends to be rare in vore stories, but it still exists.)

For kinks I'm not particularly interested in myself, it tends to be more of a neutral thing, or else I'd have voted higher up on the list. Maybe there's a foot-focused scene, which I don't really care for, but it's not something I'd outright dislike. I'd like to think that for most people, if a story is enjoyable for them, but contains elements that don't quite tickle their fancy, they wouldn't be so quick to discard it outright; unless what you're into is extremely plentiful, it's difficult to pass up on content that does appeal to you just because it isn't perfect.
Fantasy/Fetish artist, specializing in 3D vore, macro/micro, and tongue fetishes.
Gallery - Patreon
Saftkeur
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Eh, not sure if it's relevant, but I'm quite fond of the various X-Men Evolution vore fanfics by Goldfox and LiamsLostAngel despite the fact that most of it goes against pretty much all of my preferences. I just enjoy it for the character interaction and the fact that fetish stuff or not, it's Evo fanfic of high quality. Though most of the stories aren't really part of a series per se, I figured the fact that many do exist in the same AU and all of them are fanfics of a given show, I figured it might count.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Ghrelin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:44 pm

i picked the maybe coverall; some things are definitely deal breakers even if they only show up once, and some things i can tolerate in small doses if they're not a major plot point.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:56 am

Unless it's illegal to look at I'll skim over what I'm not into. If it shows up all the time though, I'm not the target audience and I will pull the ejection lever. Other than illegal stuff I don't think I've seen anything I can't handle.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:55 am

It really depends. Since full tour is my favorite, I'll use that as an example for favorite.

Who is involved is probably the most important, most particularly the predator. It can be a clean romantic full tour, but if it's M/M, underage, incest, etc I won't bother reading.

If other fetishes are involved, it depends on the three factors mentioned. I do have a higher tolerance for some fetishes more than others so the ones I tolerate can be detailed as long as they don't take the focus away from vore and I'll even read those parts. Foot fetish is a good example of this. Other fetishes like scat I'll skip over and if it gets too heavy to the point where I can't ignore it, I'll turn away.

Some series I get into completely while others, I read the tags and see what there is and pick and choose parts. Without naming names, there are numerous pokemon series where I do the latter and a few short series involving human females where I do the former.
Jayezox
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:01 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby neversurrender21 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 pm

i cant help but skip the cringe....the cringe! AHHHH THE CRINGE
neversurrender21
Heavy user

Postby Emi » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:33 am

Yes, and my answer is simple: there are no such kinks I'm uncomfortable with:) Kinks which don't turn me on are not necessary unpleasant:)
ImageImage
Emi
???

Return to General Vore Discussion