Vore in video games

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vore in video games

Postby DragonPrey3200 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Kitsouille wrote:Weren't there dinosaurs too? Or did they only stomped you??

I don't really know. I know there were petal plants that would "eat" Crash by closing around him in the first one, then there was the plants in 2, which were the only vore enemies if I recall, and then Crash 3 had sharks, lions, bandicoot fish, and eels. If you want to imagine it, the pterodactyls that carry Crash away end up eating him(most likely, that's the case.). The Crash series has has a good amount of vore between the first three games, Nitro Kart, and Tag team racing.
When in doubt, conquer Poland.
DragonPrey3200
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FlamingPup » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:12 am

Richter wrote:
Chozo wrote:If Yoshi lays eggs, then doesn't that mean Yoshi is a female and therefore not a "he"? Also, Yoshi has a counterpart named Birdo who spews eggs out of her mouth, so does that imply Birdo sucks her prey in through her backside then? Birdo seems like an opposite anti-Yoshi, so I'd like to think the answer is yes. In Nintendo games almost everything has an evil counterpart, for Mario it is Wario; for Link it is Shadow Link; Luigi has Waluigi; and for Yoshi it seems to be Birdo.

There's also Kirby who is also a vore character.

But seriously, how is this thread so huge and this hasn't been mentioned before? >.>

It has been. Many, many, many times. However you're wrong about both Yoshi and Birdo. Superstar Saga showed Birdo swallow his partner and spit them out encased in an egg. The yoshis are gender neutral. The whole egg thing is just a cutesy and weird gimmick that has become a regular with Nintendo.

Birdo is a female.
FlamingPup
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alesleo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:55 am

FlamingPup wrote:Birdo is a female.

Nope. Birdo is a male who thinks is a female. It was in the manual of Super Mario Bros 2, the game where he originally appeared. Later they sometimes referred to him as a female to protect the poor children from his "evil way of thinking" :roll:
He's not the only case of transgender changed to female for this reason. Poison from Final Fight comes to mind.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chozo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Alesleo wrote:
FlamingPup wrote:Birdo is a female.

Nope. Birdo is a male who thinks is a female. It was in the manual of Super Mario Bros 2, the game where he originally appeared. Later they sometimes referred to him as a female to protect the poor children from his "evil way of thinking" :roll:
He's not the only case of transgender changed to female for this reason. Poison from Final Fight comes to mind.

Well, I have three points to bring up here:

1) Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't considered canon because Mario wakes up at the end and the whole thing is apparently just a dream. Admittedly, that might also mean Birdo doesn't really exist either (within the Mario canon), but whether he/she/it does or not, the fact everything in that game was just a dream calls that into question.

2) Maybe it was just a typo or mistranslation in the manual. It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened. Remember "Bimmy and Jimmy" in Double Dragon? or the "Conglaturations" at the end of Ghostbusters? Typos and errors were very common back in those days, particularly with many games being made in Japan and translators often doing a poor job at converting to English.

3) Regardless of the above, Birdo produces eggs, and that biologically implies that Birdo is a female. I mean, being pink and wearing a bow and believing you're a female is one thing, but when you literally produce eggs then... yeah.

BTW, wasn't there some controversy relatively recently about Samus really being transgendered or something? I didn't follow that so I don't know if there was anything to it, or if people just had their panties in a twist over nothing.
Chozo
Somewhat familiar

Postby dagar » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Actually, over in Japan they kept up with that joke about Birdo being a boy. In the tag team racer, Birdo and Yoshi's team is described as "Yoshi's new girlfriend, or is that boyfriend?" And he's even appeared in another game, being arrested for going into the girl's restroom.
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby killermeow » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Yeah, they straight up have kept it as gender confusion at this point, and have been on both sides even recently- plus your argument on the eggs is bad at best, since Yoshi is usually considered to be a guy and can do the egg thing too. It's a trait of their species, NOT a trait of their gender. It wasn't a typo, it straight up said he was a guy in Japan, and even IF Mario Bros 2 isn't canon, he's still appeared in other games and series that shoots down that argument- like Superstar Saga. Just think of him as a trans woman and move on, there's no point to this.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Alesleo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:13 pm

I know that Super Mario 2 isn't canon, it's basically a bootleg of another game after all. The real Super Mario 2 is Lost Levels.
Birdo always appeared in sports/minigames titles and never in a main entry after Dooky Mario if I'm not mistaken. I guess Super Star Saga is the most canon thing with birdo in it. They Should bring more vilains different than Bowser, like Birdo or Wario.
Also didn't heard about the Samus thing, I hope it's just a rumor.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chozo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:00 am

killermeow wrote:Yoshi is usually considered to be a guy and can do the egg thing too. It's a trait of their species, NOT a trait of their gender.

You have a point. But are they the same species? Yoshi and Birdo both seem to be dinosaurs and are able to produce eggs, but they look different enough that I would question whether they're the same species. If they are the same species then being of different genders could explain why they look so different.

That being said, is it an absolute certainty that Yoshi is a male? Bear with me... what if Yoshi is also a transgender dinosaur that is really a female, but thinks he/she is a male? Maybe BOTH Yoshi and Birdo are transgender, but in opposite ways.
Chozo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nibor » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:25 am

My two cents: I think yoshi is genderless, and just considers himself male. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Solid snake was confused about Yoshi's gender, too; When Otacon told him Yoshi laid eggs, Snake said "then it must be female," to which Otacon replied "No, that's not what he says." Which further confused Snake, since he was now surprized that yoshi can speak.

As for Birdo, Nintendo's kind of retconned the idea, giving Birdo an undoubtedly female voice in the GBA remake of Mario 2. As far as I'm concerned, that means Birdo is now a female.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby FlamingPup » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:15 am

Nibor wrote:My two cents: I think yoshi is genderless, and just considers himself male. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Solid snake was confused about Yoshi's gender, too; When Otacon told him Yoshi laid eggs, Snake said "then it must be female," to which Otacon replied "No, that's not what he says." Which further confused Snake, since he was now surprized that yoshi can speak.

As for Birdo, Nintendo's kind of retconned the idea, giving Birdo an undoubtedly female voice in the GBA remake of Mario 2. As far as I'm concerned, that means Birdo is now a female.

As far as I see it, Yoshi is male, and Birdo is female. They're Boyfriend and Girlfriend in my eyes.
FlamingPup
Somewhat familiar

Postby Matsuda » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:42 pm

FlamingPup wrote:
Nibor wrote:My two cents: I think yoshi is genderless, and just considers himself male. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Solid snake was confused about Yoshi's gender, too; When Otacon told him Yoshi laid eggs, Snake said "then it must be female," to which Otacon replied "No, that's not what he says." Which further confused Snake, since he was now surprized that yoshi can speak.

As far as I see it, Yoshi is male, and Birdo is female. They're Boyfriend and Girlfriend in my eyes.

I feel like this should be a discussion on another forum
Matsuda
Somewhat familiar

Postby Heath2 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:49 am

DrakeX wrote:yup, though i though it worthed mentioning that boss because hes the only enemy that doesnt get transformed into an egg, he enters Yoshi´s belly to stay x3

Talk about being a unique boss.
Heath2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Richter » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Can we please stop talking about the stupid yoshi/birdo gender argument or better yet make a new thread where you guys can continue to be at eachother's throats?
Richter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Deletedn4388stg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:49 pm

I have to agree that the yoshi birdo gender debate is getting this old and wonderful thread off track. I would rather a new thread be opened and the discussion continue than run "Vore in Games" either get flooded with non Vore in game posts (making it difficult to browse for Vore in game related content), or locked
Deletedn4388stg
Participator

Postby dezzykitsune » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Richter wrote:Can we please stop talking about the stupid yoshi/birdo gender argument or better yet make a new thread where you guys can continue to be at eachother's throats?

As much as I do lavish and adore yoshi debates, there's not enough video games nommage happening right now. That should change.
dezzykitsune
Artist

Postby [Dinobonoid] » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Major spoilers for Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Spoiler: show
In an early cutscene, as Zelda approaches Ganon as he swirls around the castle, he lunges at her with a wide-open maw before it cuts to black. A little later on, a character laments the Calamity which "swallowed our princess whole." I figured it was all just symbolic stuff, but Zelda is literally inside Ganon and is talking to you from within him throughout the game. She also weakens him from within during the final boss battle.

Not really anything explicit or overt, but I thought it worth mentioning. Really great game, by the way.
Я питалась лесбиянками
[Dinobonoid]
---

Postby DrachenFyr » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:48 pm

https://youtu.be/nJeTFBL5gW8

I uploaded a playthrough of the vore level from Borderlands 2. Nice and roomy with lots of great sights and sounds...
DrachenFyr
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShuTikal » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:48 am

While playing through the new free games on ps4 i recorded all the vorish things i could find
The game is called tearaway unfolded and i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed the game.
it was really fun to play and has such a good story in my opinion >o<!

https://youtu.be/GQPEdZA0jBc
ShuTikal
Been posting for a bit

Postby DrakeX » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

new gameplay video of Crash nsane trilogy shows the level where the purple carnivore plants that swallow crash whole appear, unfortunally the gameplay is flawless so no eating :c but the plants look very good with the new graphics. looking foward to see how the lions of crash 3 look like
DrakeX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RuffledFerret » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:07 pm

In Breath of the Wild, scattered about the Zora region are stone tablets that recount the people's history. This one in particular (found near Lulu Lake) is quite a good read:

History of the Zora, Addendum 2
Prince Sidon's Great Escape

There once was a giant Octorok in
Hateno Bay, large as a mountain,
which terrorized the village's fishers.

Hearing of their distress, Prince Sidon
went forth to personally eliminate the
offending Octorok.

But this Octorok was a tricky beast.
After the prince dodged one of the
stones it spat, it inhaled him whole.

Such had been the fate of many strong
warriors who went to slay the Octorok.
Not one had come back alive.

Just as it seemed Prince Sidon would be
counted among them, the giant Octorok
twisted in pain.

The tip of a silverscale spear pierced the
Octorok's stomach from within, revealing
itself as the source of the beast's agony.

Incredibly, Prince Sidon had fought his
way out by stabbing his spear over and
over into the monster's stomach.

Unable to bear the pain, the Octorok
coughed up the prince and scrambled
to escape.

Ever since, the fishers of Hateno Bay
have passed down this heroic tale:
The Prince Who Slew the Fell Octorok
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext