Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Celestia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 am

And there's no cutting up, cooking, chewing, etc.


pass. having no food prep/cooking is a turn off for me. put me down for the resistance if that's the case.
User avatar
Celestia
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:00 am

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby EnderDracolich » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Zuriel303 wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:In that case, no thanks! It sound way to much like slavery. They are less of "predators" and more like "farmers" and the prey are really just "livestock" for them. If they had something more to offer than simple exploitation and conquest, that would be different, but as it stands I see no positive side to letting them take over. All the benefit for them, no benefit for humanity, and humanity loses its sovereignty and free will. Viva la resistance! :evil:


I kinda see what you're saying. But I'm not sure how any sort of predator-prey relationship would be beneficial to the prey personally when the result is still being consumed.


Well, in any situation, the actual "eating people" thing would still be inherently negative. However, I think there are contexts in which aliens could offer benefits which outweigh the negative effects. For example, what if the aliens could cure cancer, end all wars, and provide unlimited free energy? Surely that would save more lives than they would take by preying upon people. It could be a sort of sacrifice or tribute, in exchange for their protection and technology. Granted, I am still at a loss as to why they would want to eat people in the first place; every explanation I come up with is either outright evil (they do it for fun/sexual pleasure) or highly implausible.
EnderDracolich
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Zuriel303 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:22 am

EnderDracolich wrote:Well, in any situation, the actual "eating people" thing would still be inherently negative. However, I think there are contexts in which aliens could offer benefits which outweigh the negative effects. For example, what if the aliens could cure cancer, end all wars, and provide unlimited free energy? Surely that would save more lives than they would take by preying upon people. It could be a sort of sacrifice or tribute, in exchange for their protection and technology. Granted, I am still at a loss as to why they would want to eat people in the first place; every explanation I come up with is either outright evil (they do it for fun/sexual pleasure) or highly implausible.


They would do that anyway, whether they're evil or not. Any sort of lethal human problem like famine, disease, war, genetic disorders, etc. would be a detriment to them. We may treat our livestock like crap but we make sure their population is in tact. Try watching the "To Serve Man" episode of the Twilight Zone. Also, the reason they would want us is as a delicacy. There are plenty of creatures we eat that are rare, in only a few locations, need to go to great economic lengths to obtain, and don't serve an exceptional nutritional benefit. But let's just say we taste too damn good for them to ignore us.
User avatar
Zuriel303
New to the forum
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: American Empire

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Zuriel303 wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:Well, in any situation, the actual "eating people" thing would still be inherently negative. However, I think there are contexts in which aliens could offer benefits which outweigh the negative effects. For example, what if the aliens could cure cancer, end all wars, and provide unlimited free energy? Surely that would save more lives than they would take by preying upon people. It could be a sort of sacrifice or tribute, in exchange for their protection and technology. Granted, I am still at a loss as to why they would want to eat people in the first place; every explanation I come up with is either outright evil (they do it for fun/sexual pleasure) or highly implausible.


They would do that anyway, whether they're evil or not. Any sort of lethal human problem like famine, disease, war, genetic disorders, etc. would be a detriment to them. We may treat our livestock like crap but we make sure their population is in tact. Try watching the "To Serve Man" episode of the Twilight Zone. Also, the reason they would want us is as a delicacy. There are plenty of creatures we eat that are rare, in only a few locations, need to go to great economic lengths to obtain, and don't serve an exceptional nutritional benefit. But let's just say we taste too damn good for them to ignore us.


There aren't many people who eat rare delicacies, in my opinion. However, there is still the question of why you would choose to try to eat the single most dangerous entity you have ever encountered; the threat one sapient species poses to another is an order of magnitude larger than the threat any non-sapient organism, including diseases, poses to a sapient one. There is a reason people fear the creation of true Artificial Intelligence, and why we fear aliens. Surely any sane alien species would either want to be our friends and allies, or to wipe us off the face of the Earth. Maintaining a long term relationship of resentment and exploitation would just lead to revolution; look at how often it happened on our world when we tried in on other humans. Exploitative colonialism is very risky business, something you only do when you REALLY need resources, not something you do for a tasty snack food.

Also, how would they even know how we taste? That would require them to have come here and eaten people before, which is a strange thing to do during first contact. So really, any way you slice it, eating people isn't a very logical or productive pursuit for sapient aliens to undertake. That isn't even getting into the subject of ethics, and any advanced society would need to have ethics to survive, so that includes these hypothetical alien invaders. Trying to ethically justify eating another sapient form of life would be very difficult; IRL many people object to eating animals, simply because they are potentially sentient. Eating a sapient species would be even more contentious and would undoubtedly, eventually, lead to social unrest among the aliens, much as slavery lead to abolitionism in our world.

Finally, I would not be so sure about them solving all of our problems simply because we are livestock. You would be surprised how little care modern industrial farms give to the animals they raise, and how much disease and death occurs in those farms. Why would aliens treat us any differently, if they saw us as food? I guess you could argue that they simply have better farming ethics than we have, but in that case, why go around eating *people* in the first place? I find it dubious at best to think that an alien race that wanted to farm us as some sort of rare delicacy would care enough about us to give us any benefits.
EnderDracolich
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Redatheart » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Only people deserve to eat other people!
User avatar
Redatheart
Participator
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:13 pm
Location: ????

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Kitsouille » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Probably not but I don't mind getting turned on by vore.
GET IN THE FUCKING TITAN SHINJI
User avatar
Kitsouille
---
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:22 pm
Location: Cookie jar

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Sean1M » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:40 am

I play pred and prey in roleplay scenarios but I am fundamentally an observer (though I much prefer the terms orchestrator or puppet master).

Either way these aliens would definitely be an enemy to me.

EDIT:
Redatheart wrote:Only people deserve to eat other people!


Wouldn't anything sapient or higher on the spectrum of intelligence be classifiable as a person? Therefore these aliens would be people and would be eating people.

EDIT 2:
EnderDracolich wrote:Well, in any situation, the actual "eating people" thing would still be inherently negative. However, I think there are contexts in which aliens could offer benefits which outweigh the negative effects. For example, what if the aliens could cure cancer, end all wars, and provide unlimited free energy? Surely that would save more lives than they would take by preying upon people. It could be a sort of sacrifice or tribute, in exchange for their protection and technology. Granted, I am still at a loss as to why they would want to eat people in the first place; every explanation I come up with is either outright evil (they do it for fun/sexual pleasure) or highly implausible.


Evil is a subjective term. And for a race advanced enough to not only reach Earth but also implant thoughts and ideas into the brains of its occupants it wouldn't be implausible that they would see themselves as above us and us ourselves as mere animals. Just as we view chimpanzees or bottlenosed dolphins as mere animals despite evidence to the contrary.

As for why they would eat us. Zuriel303 had it pretty accurate. Our meat would be exotic. Perhaps there could also be religious aspects involved with it too.
User avatar
Sean1M
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:38 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Jayezox » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 am

Sean1M wrote:Evil is a subjective term. And for a race advanced enough to not only reach Earth but also implant thoughts and ideas into the brains of its occupants it wouldn't be implausible that they would see themselves as above us and us ourselves as mere animals. Just as we view chimpanzees or bottlenosed dolphins as mere animals despite evidence to the contrary.

Killing something sapient unless it's for survival is evil, plain and simple. An alien race that has technology to harvest all kinds of food sources, but chooses humans is just wrong.

There are a lot of grey areas of what's good and evil, but there are definitely some black and white areas too and murder is one of them.
User avatar
Jayezox
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:08 pm
Location: United States

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Sean1M » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 am

Jayezox wrote:Killing something sapient unless it's for survival is evil, plain and simple. An alien race that has technology to harvest all kinds of food sources, but chooses humans is just wrong.

There are a lot of grey areas of what's good and evil, but there are definitely some black and white areas too and murder is one of them.


If they view us as animals they wouldn't see it as murder. Just as its not murder to kill a cow for food. It really is very subjective. There are no black and whites. We would see it as evil but they wouldn't. And therefore they wouldn't be evil from there perspective.

The only true moral black and whites lie in the instincts nature programs us with but since they would be a predatory species and a completely different and very much unrelated one from us its not evil from that perspective either.

EDIT: Lets try it from this angle. Would it be evil for a shark to eat a human?
User avatar
Sean1M
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:38 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:00 am

I'd still be into it because the scenario completely ignores that I'm a pred or observer, and I use furry as a way to keep irl separate from the fetish. So I can't really act on it much anyway even if my fantasies were to be a reality.

Also there's not much reason for a hostile alien race to eat us. Brings risk of earthborn infection, though that might be solvable with medicine. If they did want the meat of humans en-masse they would have probably figured out how to grow organs and muscle in the lab efficiently enough to not need many humans at all to kickstart a supply. After that it's more likely slave labor or just abandoned or killed off for resources, depending on what their civilization needs and can actually use.
User avatar
GramzonTheDragon
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Sean1M » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 am

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I'd still be into it because the scenario completely ignores that I'm a pred or observer, and I use furry as a way to keep irl separate from the fetish. So I can't really act on it much anyway even if my fantasies were to be a reality.

Also there's not much reason for a hostile alien race to eat us. Brings risk of earthborn infection, though that might be solvable with medicine. If they did want the meat of humans en-masse they would have probably figured out how to grow organs and muscle in the lab efficiently enough to not need many humans at all to kickstart a supply. After that it's more likely slave labor or just abandoned or killed off for resources, depending on what their civilization needs and can actually use.


True. They would very likely just strip our planet of resources if they had that methodology.

On the subject of diseases though poisons are the more prominent threat. The more distant two species are genetically the less likely they are to catch the other's disease. This varies with bacteria with some being specialised to species while others don't discriminate but our viruses would be completely harmless to them because viruses are completely specialised to one species.

Poisons however depend on what the two species are adapted too. What is harmless to us could be poisonous to them and vice versa. At the same time poisons are much less likely to be unique all space fundamentally shares the same elements and poisons are far simpler than organisms (or pseudo-organisms in the case of viruses).
User avatar
Sean1M
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:38 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby justinrpg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:16 pm

aliens are a vore turn off so no.

unless these "aliens" happened to be actual dragons or Pokémon or something of that nature. then yes
Image
She frantically searches for her human husband, unaware that he is in her stomach.
User avatar
justinrpg
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Inside my own wife's stomach

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Sean1M wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:I'd still be into it because the scenario completely ignores that I'm a pred or observer, and I use furry as a way to keep irl separate from the fetish. So I can't really act on it much anyway even if my fantasies were to be a reality.

Also there's not much reason for a hostile alien race to eat us. Brings risk of earthborn infection, though that might be solvable with medicine. If they did want the meat of humans en-masse they would have probably figured out how to grow organs and muscle in the lab efficiently enough to not need many humans at all to kickstart a supply. After that it's more likely slave labor or just abandoned or killed off for resources, depending on what their civilization needs and can actually use.


True. They would very likely just strip our planet of resources if they had that methodology.

On the subject of diseases though poisons are the more prominent threat. The more distant two species are genetically the less likely they are to catch the other's disease. This varies with bacteria with some being specialised to species while others don't discriminate but our viruses would be completely harmless to them because viruses are completely specialised to one species.

Poisons however depend on what the two species are adapted too. What is harmless to us could be poisonous to them and vice versa. At the same time poisons are much less likely to be unique all space fundamentally shares the same elements and poisons are far simpler than organisms (or pseudo-organisms in the case of viruses).


Indeed, what if the aliens that visit are not close to life as we know it? What if they're not carbon-based lifeforms. I saw it somewhere that an alien species might look at Earth and think of it as completely uninhabitable due to the nature of water being a good solvent and the aliens being based on a different element. i forget the one they kept mentioning, sadly.
User avatar
GramzonTheDragon
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Sean1M wrote:
Jayezox wrote:Killing something sapient unless it's for survival is evil, plain and simple. An alien race that has technology to harvest all kinds of food sources, but chooses humans is just wrong.

There are a lot of grey areas of what's good and evil, but there are definitely some black and white areas too and murder is one of them.


If they view us as animals they wouldn't see it as murder. Just as its not murder to kill a cow for food. It really is very subjective. There are no black and whites. We would see it as evil but they wouldn't. And therefore they wouldn't be evil from there perspective.

The only true moral black and whites lie in the instincts nature programs us with but since they would be a predatory species and a completely different and very much unrelated one from us its not evil from that perspective either.

EDIT: Lets try it from this angle. Would it be evil for a shark to eat a human?


I respectfully disagree with almost everything you said here, and I will try to address all of your statements and debate them constructively:

"It really is very subjective. There are no black and whites."
This is a very good analysis of what some (but not all) proponents of objective morality believe! However, the majority of people in the world still believe that morality is objective. Even with the widespread influence of postmodernism, almost all religious people proscribe to objective morality*, as well as many atheists and atheistic schools of philosophy. Ironically enough, when you make the positive assertion that "It really is very subjective" you are just stating your own personal, *subjective* interpretation of how morality works and what morality is. Your views certainly don't reflect any sort of unanimous conclusion about what is or isn't good or evil; humanity has reached no such conclusion and likely never will.

*Including every denomination of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism, and Buddhism, as well as most Hindus, Pagans, and New Age groups. That is well over half of the world's population, actually closer to 3/4 of the world's population. That doesn't even factor in atheists who accept objective morality.

"Just as its not murder to kill a cow for food."
Once again, this is just your own personal opinion. It isn't like there is consensus among humanity that killing cows is acceptable and morally right. The entire Hindu religion holds cows as sacred and forbids killing them (that is ~15% of the world's population). There are also millions of vegans and vegetarians who oppose killing animals. So, making blanket statements about the morality of killing animals is misleading, since it implies there is consensus when there is none. Also, I find it interesting that you make an argument for *subjective* morality, and say nothing is black or white, and then make an absolute moral statement about how killing cows is *for certain* not considered murder.

"Would it be evil for a shark to eat a human?"
This is not really relevant to his argument. Just as the previous statement (about the cows), while inaccurate, is also not relevant to his argument. Why not? Because the cases you are discussing involve NON-SAPIENT animals, either eating or being eaten by, sapient animals. The comment you are replying to is making the statement that it is objectively wrong for a SAPIENT animal to eat another SAPIENT animal. If you want to make a valid comparison, you would need to use the example of cannibalism.
...

Please note, I am not saying you are WRONG about anything. Morality is not something that there is consensus about; you personally have the right to believe that morality is subjective and based upon evolution. You also have the right to believe that specific actions (like eating a cow) are moral or immoral as you so choose. I am only trying to point out that your statements are merely reflections of your own personal belief, and do not reflect any sort of larger cultural or scientific consensus on morality. Just as you are not demonstrably *wrong* to think morality is subjective, Jayezox is not demonstrably *wrong* to think morality is objective. It is impossible to meaningfully try to prove or disprove what is "good" or "evil" because those are value judgements that cannot be measured or tested scientifically.
EnderDracolich
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Also, a point I forgot to mention in previous posts:

Sapience is not subjective at all, it has a rather concrete definition. Even if these aliens viewed us as inferior, or as lesser beings, (much the same way that white supremacists viewed non-white people in the 19th century, I must point out), they would still have to recognize humans as sapient or be factually incorrect. Whether or not they CARED about that fact is another matter, but we clearly possess "ability of an organism or entity to act with judgment."

We are capable of self-awareness, symbolic thought, tool-making, and behavioral self modification. It would be quite obvious to any alien that visited us that we were capable of using logic and reasoning to solve problems, which sets us apart from all other known terrestrial species.

If they choose to ignore that fact, that is entirely possible. They might not care about it. However, if they fail to notice that fact; if they literally cannot distinguish us as different from other animals, they are probably not smart enough to ever accomplish space travel in the first place, to ever make it to our world.

...

In my personal moral paradigm, which is what I am evaluating this scenario through, there is an objectively immoral act I call "murder." Entities who commit murder are classified as "evil" in my opinion. I see "murder" as occurring when any sapient entity knowingly kills another sentient entity, unless they must do so for self preservation or to protect someone else from an unprovoked attack. Therefore, I do not classify killing for self defense, common defense, law enforcement, or nutrition in survival situations (when no other food is available and faced with starvation) to be acts of murder. I also don't see vampires or other (hypothetical) entities which MUST feed on other sapient creatures as evil, because I see self preservation as being a morally acceptable reason to kill, and they would die without killing their prey. However, any entity which kills for pleasure and not out of necessity is indeed "evil" in my view. Since these hypothetical aliens are not killing for self preservation of any other f these reasons, and since they should be able to recognize humans as sentient, I see them as being "evil" entities.

I hope that clarifies my previous statements and helps you to understand my position. I totally understand that people who have different moral paradigms than myself will have different assessments of this scenario as a result!
EnderDracolich
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Zuriel303 wrote:Alright, so I've been reading through the replies. And it seems I forgot to factor in preds. I guess I just wasn't intending this question for anyone but prey, like myself. As then the question could be a little more difficult. As on one hand, what they want to do to humanity is horrible. But on the other hand, you get to live out your fantasy.

But let's say that in this scenario, preds in the vore community and attraction to any form of vore outside of oral are glitches in their program. But they are humanoid and extremely attractive, or they manipulate your vision so you see them that way. They are an exclusively female asexual species. And there's no cutting up, cooking, chewing, etc. They're like snakes in that they'll swallow you whole.

And no, they are not out to exterminate humanity. Quite the opposite. They want to domesticate us as a steady food source. They view us as a delicacy.


i don't mean to be mean or anything but the majority of this (the part i bolded) is largely a useless extrapolation to what i feel is the core of the question (if your fetish was part of an alien mind control thing how would you react)

everything bolded here is pretty superficial to the question and mostly just changes peoples' answers simply because it's not their vein of the fetish anymore. pardon the pun, but it arbitrarily alienates those who otherwise might be able to provide an informative answer by specifying details that are better left vague so as to include vore-interested folk of all walks

you may notice i didn't bold the "preds are an error" part as unnecessary. it's actually germane to the question and i can see few other ways of revising the initial question so as to be inclusive of pred types, so that part will do for now

i'd be something of an ass (probably still be one) if all i did was make a post to criticize your additions (though it was mostly what encouraged me to make a reply) so now i'm gonna actually answer the question, albeit ignoring the details i felt completely unnecessary (by which i mean, changing almost nothing about the unnecessary details because they actually mostly align with my tastes. i'd only really append more holes they can use, myself)

i'm something of a pred-leaning switch, myself, using my characters as my avatars. i do not consider myself an observer. i don't think observers can actually exist until the means to carry out vore irl becomes possible, in which case i will reclassify myself as one because it's probably not something i'd get into doing irl. so that's the perspective i gots

as with most folk, there's a great disparity between what i'd aspire to do and what i'd probably actually do
i'd aspire to turn the tables on these aliens and make them my own servants, possibly reverse-engineering their biology through some dope-ass sci-fi bullshit to grant myself the ability to consume them and dutifully defend humankind until everyone stops being one sea of dipshits
in actuality, i'd die like the wimp i am. so it goes
User avatar
Slayerhero90
Participator
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:36 am
Blog: View Blog (12)

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby granblue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:42 pm

I've always found that idea fascinating; namely, the idea that beings operating on a higher level of consciousness might see nothing wrong with devouring humans. After all, we humans feel justified slaughtering cattle by the billions because cattle lacks the ability to even comprehend mortality on the level we do. If these aliens were as smart compared to humans as we are compared to cows, how could we even say the alien's aren't completely justified to just do whatever they want to us? That would just be hypocritical.

In such a scenario, I guess the vegans would get the last laugh.
User avatar
granblue
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:39 am

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby Sean1M » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 am

EnderDracolich wrote:*Snip*


OMG I never would have guessed there was someone who is good at making a competent argument here. Thank you so much.

As for the cow thing. Yes this is true. I myself am a vegetarian because I don't like harming animals. Although I'm not against others eating them provided its handled humanely.

As for your statements these are all very good responses. Though one problem with it is its still looking from a human perspective. Our morals exist because they are encoded into us to some extent from a biological perspective because like all apes we are a social, omnivorous gathering species. Even apes with a more herbivorous leaning still share fundamentally the same instincts because these things take a long time to change.


An adaptation like this however would be more inline with a carnivore. And even among social species carnivores and large herbivores are typically far more hostile than omnivores. This alone could change up their base morals. If they were solitary by nature however (which is often the case with asexual species) this could change up their morals completely as solitary species typically don't hold much compassion toward their own kind. Spiders eat their mates, crocodiles eat crocodile children that aren't their own and wild cat species typically hold no moral objection to things like rape and murder. And yes these are all non-sapient examples but its pretty well all we have to go with as the only relatively sapient-ish species we know of that aren't solitary happens to be a bird which has a different mentality yet again. And its still an omnivore.

And true elephants are a candidate and they are herbivores but are quite gentle. But this is caused by a different aspect yet again. When a species becomes more powerful than its threats it no longer needs to be threatening. Its why gorillas are probably the most gentle of the great apes (though even they will still rip you limb from limb if you pose to great a threat).


Another point to note is the standards of sapience. Yes they would consider us sapient if we were of similar intelligence but if they were from a race of far superior intelligence this would be their standard for what is or isn't a person. Tool making and even tool use is rare here but the right environmental circumstances could hypothetically make it commonplace on a planet. And if it is common then the standards for what is and isn't on the level of an animal could be vary different.


But this is all speculation. Hypothetical at best. And the main reason being that we don't even have an example of alien life let alone intelligent alien life. But I do agree with you that at least from our perspective such a race would indeed be evil.
User avatar
Sean1M
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:38 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:08 am

Sean1M wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:*Snip*

An adaptation like this however would be more inline with a carnivore. And even among social species carnivores and large herbivores are typically far more hostile than omnivores. This alone could change up their base morals. If they were solitary by nature however (which is often the case with asexual species) this could change up their morals completely as solitary species typically don't hold much compassion toward their own kind. Spiders eat their mates, crocodiles eat crocodile children that aren't their own and wild cat species typically hold no moral objection to things like rape and murder. And yes these are all non-sapient examples but its pretty well all we have to go with as the only relatively sapient-ish species we know of that aren't solitary happens to be a bird which has a different mentality yet again. And its still an omnivore.

Another point to note is the standards of sapience. Yes they would consider us sapient if we were of similar intelligence but if they were from a race of far superior intelligence this would be their standard for what is or isn't a person. Tool making and even tool use is rare here but the right environmental circumstances could hypothetically make it commonplace on a planet. And if it is common then the standards for what is and isn't on the level of an animal could be vary different.

But this is all speculation. Hypothetical at best. And the main reason being that we don't even have an example of alien life let alone intelligent alien life. But I do agree with you that at least from our perspective such a race would indeed be evil.


Firstly, thanks for the response!

Secondly, I am not sure that an organism that was not social, or even non-omnivorous, could ever develop advanced technology.

There has been some pretty compelling research that link the development of human intelligence with the highly opportunistic diets of our ancestors, allowing more calories to be devoted to though and more body mass to be devoted to brain matter. However, there is certainly no consensus among biologists that this is the case, it is merely one theory that is currently seeing some support.

On the topic of social organisms, I do think that this is necessary. Natural selection is only going to favor the traits that lead to social interaction, in animals that actual interact with one another already. Sure, you could get very *smart* solidarity predators, but they would never be able to work together and develop technologies that are needed for basic hunter-gatherer groups, let alone interstellar travel. If predators did become a civilization on another world, it would have to be social predators like lions, not solitary ones like spiders or crocodiles. Things like symbolic thought, abstract thought, self-awareness, and even tool-making are only normally favored by evolution in social species; the chance of getting ALL the right traits without that pressure is very unlikely.

As for whether or not carnivores would have the same morals as omnivorous organisms, that's really an unanswerable question. We aren't sure exactly where human morals came from to begin with, or what the original moral laws of the earliest cultures were, and we have modified them heavily through social means over the millennia since that time. It is perfectly plausible that, even if predators did have different morals than us initially, they would change them to be more like our own over time, simply because the type of morals we have are the best ones suited for large scale organized society to function. On the other hand, it is possible that they would have similar morals to our own from the very beginning, depending on what, *exactly* causes the development of morals, evolutionary. Assuming, that is, that morals ARE evolutionary rather than *purely* a cultural construct (or a immutable universal constant, as most religions believe).
EnderDracolich
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: Would you still be into vore under this scenario?

Postby DestinedToBeFood » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:54 am

Well if the Aliens are hot or sexually arouse me in some way I'd have no problem with being eaten because that's what vore is to me.
DestinedToBeFood
New to the forum
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:43 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: badgerboy4real, Bitter, Cancer, chuckschaaf, codeme, Conn, gamdann, Obrove, ShadowLurker, theclaw, TheLustyArgonian and 16 guests