Religious/Gender effects on vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Religious/Gender effects on vore

Postby JustSomePrey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:16 am

I'm curious about how religion and/or gender effects your role in vore and whether your preference in vore is fatal or non-fatal. This thread isn't intended to point fingers or to say that one group or type of vore is better than another, this is just simple curiosity, and to allow any of us who are religious and feel they would be ostracized for declaring it to come out and say it. For those of you who aren't religious, also feel free to post whether it has effected your stance on vore as well. So I'll get this ball rolling on its probably very small trip.

I'm a male and like most males, at least according to psychological studies, I have prey tendencies. As a Christian, more precisely a member of the LDS/Mormon church(I would be surprised if I wasn't the only one here), I favor non-fatal vore. I feel this way partially because I was raised in accordance with my religion to value the lives of other people and even though this is all fantasy I just can't help but value the fictional lives as well.

Well, here's hoping there's more posts than just my own.
JustSomePrey
Participator

Re: Religious/Gender effects on vore

Postby coop500 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am

I am not by the book religious, I guess you can call me 'confused' or 'debating' or 'on the fence' but I have noticed when I was looking to commission artists for a certain character from a show, there is actually a decent chunk of religious vore lovers around. I found it interesting but didn't want to pry, though I hope this topic remains civil it'd be cool to see what they say, if they feel comfortable enough to respond.

As for gender, I am female, not gonna get into what 'other people say' about females and whether they 'should' be predator or prey or whatever. All I know is I am solely prey or observer, I often don't like to self insert anyway so observer is more accurate besides for one certain character. I am never a predator or have any wish to be, I just have no interest in vore in that way.

I am non-fatal only, fatal vore tends to make me sad personally, I'm not sure if this has to do with religion or gender or something else entirely, these things can be hard for me to pinpoint, but I do know I mainly enjoy vore in a comforting, protective manner. Keeping the prey safe and secure in a more powerful being's belly, though the 'darkest' I will go is the predator devouring the prey because he's hungry or just wants to have her in his stomach, but doesn't have the heart or desire to hurt her, so she's kept in the belly to keep him full and happy, while she gets to be comfortable and safe inside until he lets her go. A tradeoff if you will. I'm not a very violent person, despite my religion or lack there of, I do value life and much rather see a happy, alive person then a dead one. Even in video games like Skyrim, I go out of my way to avoid killing friendly NPCs, don't find much enjoyment of playing evil, things like that. Not going to villianize the many people that do though or enjoy fatal vore or anything, it just is not for me for whatever reason.

A religion is similair to or is a belief, so I feel it could be based off of some form of religion or belief of mine of not wanting to hurt things or see things hurt unless really needed.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am

what psychological studies?

male, non-religious/atheist, prefer pred role and fatal vore.
fun fact: i was raised as a christian, but my vore preferences have always been the same. i see no correlation between my spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof), my personal sense of morality, and my fantasy kink. i don't see how valuing human life is relevant to religion in this sense; it kind of feels like you're implying that one would not feel this way without religion. i value human life because i am a human (and not a sociopath). that doesn't stop me from enjoying "darker" things as long as i know they're not real. the rest is just based on preference. some things i find upsetting on a personal level, some things are just icky to me, but none of my preferences are a direct result of an unrelated belief system.
and the only link my gender has to my vore preferences, as far as i can tell, is preferring male pred characters in most scenarios because it is easier to "identify" with them. similar to why i don't usually like f/m at all, because those scenarios tend to be designed to put "me" in the prey position--which i have no desire to be.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jswrighting » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 am

Erastus wrote:what psychological studies?

fun fact: i was raised as a christian, but my vore preferences have always been the same. i see no correlation between my spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof), my personal sense of morality, and my fantasy kink. i don't see how valuing human life is relevant to religion in this sense; it kind of feels like you're implying that one would not feel this way without religion. i value human life because i am a human (and not a sociopath). that doesn't stop me from enjoying "darker" things as long as i know they're not real. the rest is just based on preference. some things i find upsetting on a personal level, some things are just icky to me, but none of my preferences are a direct result of an unrelated belief system. [...]

Pretty much this ^

I'm non-religious, and generally I am an empathetic person in real life and online to a degree. Because of this I often do lean to the non-fatal side of things but fatal is just as fine. I also have a thirst for moral justice. An eye for an eye, as the saying goes, so predators should watch out before the prey uprise :lol:
-------------
W O O
-------------
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scratch » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:15 am

I don't believe in heaven and hell but there is something to the idea of prey being sent to either that works for me.

At the same time I think the impact of fatal vore is way different if you have a system in place (talking about in stories mainly) that involves reincarnation -- not reforming but just the idea that a character's life is just one life of many, and they will come back as another person/entity in the future; reforming would be coming back as the same person, which I think disrupts the impact of fatal vore. With reincarnation there's still an ending of the character's manifestation, which to me is part of what drives vore, the covering/engulfment/envelopment/abyss of the character disappearing into the pred, and a rebirth into something new, physically the body becoming food for the predator, and spiritually going on to be reborn into another life. It kind of works nicely and it's probably a matter of culture that reincarnation isn't more popular in vore; western religions favoring afterlives makes most conceptions of death final, no coming back, so most vore is either totally destructive or uses reformation to avoid that finality and the overwhelming feeling of death is dread and fear of total oblivion rather than seeing it as a transformation.

That said I rarely ever see heaven/hell scenarios either. I kind of wonder if most people don't really buy into that, if the demographics are atheistic, or people just tend to believe in ghosts above anything organized religion tells them (therefore the large amount of soul vore, that rarely ever deals with heaven or hell).
Scratch
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

Erastus wrote:what psychological studies?

fun fact: i was raised as a christian, but my vore preferences have always been the same. i see no correlation between my spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof), my personal sense of morality, and my fantasy kink. i don't see how valuing human life is relevant to religion in this sense; it kind of feels like you're implying that one would not feel this way without religion. i value human life because i am a human (and not a sociopath). that doesn't stop me from enjoying "darker" things as long as i know they're not real. the rest is just based on preference. some things i find upsetting on a personal level, some things are just icky to me, but none of my preferences are a direct result of an unrelated belief system.
and the only link my gender has to my vore preferences, as far as i can tell, is preferring male pred characters in most scenarios because it is easier to "identify" with them. similar to why i don't usually like f/m at all, because those scenarios tend to be designed to put "me" in the prey position--which i have no desire to be.

I do agree with this that you can be caring of life and not be religious, or you can believe in right and wrong and not be religious. It's probably different for everyone whether it matters or not to vore prefs.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Chameleonette » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:30 am

I'm female and grew up Catholic. Being 'interested' in vore as a kid (in more of a terrified but still attentive to way), I saw such thoughts as problematic and weird and suppressed them out. I'm no longer actively religious (I stopped going to church at 18, when I could make the decision for myself), but I discovered that this fetish existed well into adulthood and past some points of feeling ashamed, I haven't really looked back since. I freely indulge and make content to my heart's content.

My values as a person have little to nothing to do with what I enjoy in fantasy, however. I'm actually not really interested at all in non-fatal vore (or even cute-ish vore scenes). I like things much darker and more dangerous, with fatality and digestion involved (though not terribly graphic). I love indulging in that more carnal side of vore and adore possessive/obsessive preds as that happens to be what appeals to me.

But I'm an extremely non-violent person IRL and value lives and traits such as compassion and sympathy as much as the next person. And while I'm not actively religious/worshiping, my religious beliefs still stayed much the same. But they don't have any bearing on what I enjoy in a strictly fantasy sense. Hell, the main character I like to toy with as a male pred is actually a two-faced, sadistic demi-human High Priest. Hahaha.

I just don't relate my religious beliefs or personal values to what I enjoy in fetishes/fantasy. They have no bearing or weight on it---for me, at least. Though sometimes I wonder if that strict Catholic upbringing was what attracted me to the darker and more taboo side of fantasies in the first place... who knows, in the end. : )
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby TaurenDevourer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am

As a modern pagan (specifically Wiccan), I find my personal faith, though I'd not quite call it a religion, given pagan 'gods' aren't so much deities as they are natural spirits with flaws ad such, does impact my vore preferences to a degree.

I like to focus on the consumption, digestion, and disposal parts. I couldn't care less who is pred and who is prey, and I'm really not bothered by their motives. But the cycle of life and 'recycling' of the prey is a big thing for me. Once my victim goes down my gullet, or I go down theirs, it's over for whoever's food. They're due to digest - To be fuel for the predator. And when the time comes, return to the earth to continue the circle of life... Even if they're not aware of it. Shit can't think after all.

Then again, I might be crazy, and falsely attributing what I like in vore to my faith, when the connection is more of a coincidence.
TaurenDevourer
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 am

JustSomePrey wrote:I'm a male and like most males, at least according to psychological studies, I have prey tendencies. As a Christian, more precisely a member of the LDS/Mormon church(I would be surprised if I wasn't the only one here), I favor non-fatal vore. I feel this way partially because I was raised in accordance with my religion to value the lives of other people and even though this is all fantasy I just can't help but value the fictional lives as well.

I am Hindu, but I wasn't raised religious. I'd prefer not to share my sex/gender. I am always prey, never pred. I prefer non-fatal Vore in media, such as art or stories, but I sometimes roleplay or fantasize about my own experience being fatal or ambiguous.

I am also a pacifist and vegetarian IRL, as a result of my faith, so there is a good chance it does influence my Vore preferences.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby incubite » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:59 am

Raised in a strict catholic household yet no longer actively religious, generally prefer fatal but occasionally prefer non-fatal depending on the situation. I wouldn't say being raised in such a way affected my tastes in vore specifically, more that it just affected me in general. Growing up in such a way sort of made me super interested in religion thematically and aesthetically so I enjoy seeing those kinds of things in stories and the like, but it really hasn't influenced whether I enjoy fatal vs. non-fatal or anything like that.

With gender it's the same thing--what I enjoy in vore is also kind of just what I enjoy everywhere else. <:Ic
incubite
Somewhat familiar

Postby Miridium » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Ex-Christian here. Gave up my faith completely about 2 years ago and I am way too cynical to have a religion of any kind anymore. Even when I did consider myself Christian my fetish was very much present. I justified it by knowing vore is all just fantasy so really it had no bearing on my preferences. Even my lack of religion has no real effect on my fetish. It's just kind of there.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby minakotomoka14 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:53 pm

I am a Christian girl, and although I am not devoutly religious, my faith does not affect my fetishes in any way. My fantasies are totally separate from my religion. While several biblical themes have made their way into my non-vore work as vague undertones, it has no effect on my macrophilic/vore works. I mainly prefer being prey and enjoy fatal or non-fatal depending on the situation.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EndercreeperMugen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 pm

I'm a male who is not at all religious. Whilst for the longest time I've always been purely prey, I've started coming out into being a pred role as well. However I'm definitely more prey than pred, due to my own preferences rather than going with the general viewpoint that females are pred and males are prey.
EndercreeperMugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby MidnightRose » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Raised Catholic, female. My religion has no influence on my preferences whatsoever. I love fatal vore; honestly, the darker, the better.

I enjoy being submissive so I guess that contributes to why I both identify as and like to see only women as prey.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby Eka » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Based on the discussion I have had over the year. I have mostly denounced the idea that religion has anything to do with fetish tendency. Though with a full scale and controlled, scientific study there might be extra information. However, on an individual level, I would have to say there is no correlation.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Scrumptious » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:52 pm

I agree that there is likely no relationship between religion and this fetish. Also, from the discussions and various polls (all non-scientific, but probably an indicator of something), it seems to me that both men and women have a greater tendency to be prey rather than pred, just as more people are subs than doms - something I think is curious.

For my part, I am very highly educated and have given the question of religion a lot of thought. However, while I do feel that there's something overarching and judging out there, I don't think there actually is. That probably doesn't make sense, but I've come to accept that the conscious and subconscious don't always agree with one another. The conscious attempts (in vain) to impose rationality on one's actions, but the subconscious literally is a mind of its own. I think that this also helps us get to the notion of why most people might have tendencies towards prey/sub, rather than towards pred/dom, even though the latter would seem to be more rational. Our sexual selves emanate from the subconscious realm, not from the rationalized conscious realm of the mind.

Oh, and I'm male (both in terms of sex and gender), just in case you're keeping count.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm female, predator-only, nonreligious with a personal belief system including reincarnation and a chip on my shoulder about organized religion in general and Christianity in particular. I'm pretty much only into fatal vore, with a good deal of flexibility on how graphic it gets. However, that doesn't remotely reflect my actual morality. IRL, I refuse to eat pork, octopus, calamari and several other meats for moral reasons, since I believe those animals are too intelligent to eat. Though, since I only stopped eating pork a couple of years after I became aware of vore, (as in the term and the community, I've had an interest as long as I can remember) I do sometimes wonder if on some level I'm compensating for my fetish.

Considering the fact I have issues with organized religion, it is interesting that one of my main fictional universes centers around a theocracy.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby sweetladyamy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Likely, I'm the twin-tailed sparrow of the room (there is no such avian)...

Not many would believe me, or be able to understand it when I tell them that I am a non-mortal imprisoned inside of a mortal vessel, against my will, even though it is true, but I digress.

Adding to the point above, I have knowledge about this particular thing that most would not and/or would rather ignore (it isn't my life/afterlife, do as you will as long as you don't harm your fellow mortals).
Anyway, not going into great detail, I have no religious affinity and find the whole thing absolutely silly (and in many cases wrong because of the mass corruption it often allows).

For the Pagan/Wicca, I support you more than any other, because the Pagan and Wicca are followings, not religions.

So, there is no effect on my vore preference.

Female born, male imprisoned (means that before my imprisonment, I was indeed female), and all of my preferences, vore related or not, come from me, and not this mortal flesh in any form.

I am prey, for the ladies, and t-girls only. I believe the one principle:
What is the stomach/gizzard/primary digestive organ for?
Digestion is always a must; I don't really get 'safe' vore and never really have, with some exceptions here and there.
As for disposal/absorption, I can go either way, and same with fatal/reformation (or a combination of the two if it is called for).

Actually, my kinky mind (and the fact that I live as a trans gender female for as long as I am falsely imprisoned inside this mortal flesh), is very likely to piss off the religiously brainwashed masses (unfortunately this is a fact of life here), so I avoid these people.

I'd very much love to meet more Pagan, or Wicca people; sounds like my kind of crowd, if elusive...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Jayezox » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:08 am

I was an agnostic a few months ago, but now I'm leaning toward the Sophianic narrative. Without getting into too much detail, I know my vorarephilia was part of something I had to overcome to fix my mind. I had to conquer it and other strange issues I had with my mind and now I use it to my advantage.

Where the speculation (and craziness) comes in is having it may have been partially intended by a third party. I don't think vorarephila itself was intentional, but some sort of mind manipulation was. That mind manipulation is not an effect for me or a few people, it was intended for humanity as a whole.

My speculations have nothing to do with what type of vore I'm into. I just know it's part of an internal struggle, and a pretty integral one at that.
Jayezox
---

Postby blergle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:43 am

Honestly, the only effect my religion has on my vore propensities is to support my belief that fantasy does no harm, and it is action that counts. So I think I enjoy my kink more than someone with more restrictive religious views might. No guilt.
blergle
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion