When a predator eats a prey, how "intimate" is this act?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: When a predator eats a prey, how "intimate" is this act?

Postby Indighost » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am

Latroma wrote:I find the mere notion of being affectionate through vore to be intensely triggering

That's interesting! I have to say that I didn't view any vore to be affectionate until I talked with Miranda, she taught me how it can be very warm and intimate, despite the usage of both in-character and/or out-of-character fatality.

coop500 wrote:Generally it's a protective, comforting act between a powerful predator and a defenseless prey, not sexual in any way, but more of like the urge some people would get to protect and care for something small and cute like a kitten or, yes, a child. Given Adult predator and Child prey is my favorite combo, this blends well with protective, comforting, reassuring and relaxing emotions. Though sometimes the prey is afraid at first, they come to see fairly quickly that they were just tucked away nicely in a gentle, soft and safe belly, while the predator gets to have a full tummy and have the endearing thought of keeping another living little creature safe and tucked away, hidden from the outside world.

That's really sweet! Love the idea. While I usually do fatal, I really should write a story about this theme some time soon.

Jayezox wrote:To me, vore without fatality is an ultimate intimate act. The pred is letting the prey in their most personal space and live to experience it. In fact, the pred wants the prey there and whether the prey knows it or not, he wants to be there. There's more to it than that, but I don't think that's explainable.

I agree very much here! This is how I view romantic vore. The intimate space, plus the submission to the other, to be used up.
Indighost
---

Postby Doku » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:46 am

Indighost wrote:
Latroma wrote:I find the mere notion of being affectionate through vore to be intensely triggering

That's interesting! I have to say that I didn't view any vore to be affectionate until I talked with Miranda, she taught me how it can be very warm and intimate, despite the usage of both in-character and/or out-of-character fatality.

And that's fine for you. I don't judge those who prefer it that way. It simply causes me to freak out and end the scene point blank, so I do not engage players like you as a rule. If something is not inherently 'wrong' about what is happening, and if there's too much of an effort to normalize or soften the content, I am genuinely likely to bolt, and to be freaked out enough not to RP with another person in the future.

But that is me, and my preference. To each their own.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Emi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:03 am

Indighost wrote:I've been thinking about this since I know some predators like to encounter a prey and reduce them to absolutely nothing and move on, completely forgetting them, as a type of callous "usage", while others sometimes speak of eating someone as a type of ultimate monogamous bonding like marriage, and other ways in between.

How do you view this in your preferences and characters?

Absolutely the same way. I dislike scripts where the prey is associated with sexual partner instead of being just a food. Which it actually is.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby pendingdelet02gb269b » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Personally, vore is something I wish to feel comforted with. I know this isn't something fetishy as most of the people on this site prefer, but when you're living alone and there's no one to hold you when you're going through such a hard time, one can't help but want to curl up somewhere warm and soft, whether it would be the mouth or stomach.

If one were to feel very self-destructive, they would be more open to digestion, just letting it all end while at least giving purpose at the end of their life. But for me, I prefer it to be a safe space than someplace I wish to die, because I want to be strong in life while also knowing that there's a place for me when things get harsh.

I also see it as a form of trust falling. You're allowing the predator to store you somewhere you could probably die inside of, but in coming to know that this person would never hurt you, you fall inside of them with the hopes that you may land somewhere soft and welcoming like a bed.

I do have ideals when it comes to digestion, but they're pretty controversial to talk about, so I'd best keep my mouth shout about that part.
pendingdelet02gb269b
New to the forum

Postby ddraytton » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 am

Well I see vore being act of love or domination. When I see vore picture or read a story, I always think that the character will get reformed at some point. In my mind there is no permavore. I do enjoy digestion and post vore too, but I always see the reformation happening in my mind. I personally enjoy always the act of protection and love towards the prey from pred.

I know there has been conflicts about the vore types, but there is no right kinda way to see these things, it's all about opinions and preference in the end.
ddraytton
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:46 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:It's like sex times a billion. Your insides are literally exposed to a stranger. Not to mention with the prey sitting right next to every important organ it could cause serious harm to the pred if it wished. One well aimed liver punch and the pred can kiss its vital funtions goodbye.
Plus I really love a story of pred & prey forming a relationship, whether romantic or just platonic. It's pure fluffy kitsch but I'll be damned if it doesn't emotionally fullfill me on a level nothing else can. So yeah, intimacy definitely plays a big role in my vorish enjoyment.

Yes yes I agree! I find it to be such a close, intimate sharing, trusting with vulnerable parts, especially if the predator is really tough on the outside.
Indighost
---

Postby MidnightRose » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:27 pm

To echo what most others have said, it depends on the characters and scenario in question. Since I really enjoy unwilling prey, a lot of the time I like for it to come off as sexual and rape-y. The pred uses their tongue and hands (but mostly tongue) to violate the prey before swallowing them. Once inside the pred's stomach, the prey is theirs, completely and utterly.
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby luckyp3616 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:58 pm

I like it as a kind of absorption-like thing, where the prey lives on within the pred. Nothing is more intimate than sharing your entire self with someone you love.
luckyp3616
New to the forum

Postby Jayezox » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

I just heard of a pagan courtship ritual where the man strips himself naked in front of a woman to surrender himself and leave himself exposed to her. That tribe found love to be an ultimate form of surrender and that really resonated with what I find so enticing about vore.
Jayezox
---

Postby stearwing » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:58 am

This will probably sound obvious.

Prey is, by definition, food. It might have its own mind, its own emotions and plans and everything, but all of that is going to go away the moment it dies, no matter how it dies.
A predator who feels too much for its prey cannot remain emotionally functional for long. Personally, I think it is plausible to slightly regret the necessity of utterly erasing intelligent life, but also to let the pleasure of digesting and eventually disposing of a large meal suppress that unpleasant thought.
That aside I see no reason to care about prey any more than I care about good food in general. It is good to be there, playing with it is rude, there is no reason to bond with it.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby WorkInProgress » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:21 pm

For me it could be the predator just saying "I need food", or the prey simply wanting to be a part of someone stronger/sexier than them. I like fatal digestion, and I don't like to put intimacy into it, cuz that makes it more sad than sexy.
Standby for this WorkInProgress
WorkInProgress
Been posting for a bit

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 am

My favorite stories are willing and non-fatal, so that should say something already, but I genuinely believe it's the ultimate show of love. Both for the predator, since it's taking the prey to the core of their very being, and for the prey, since they're waiving all control. If such a thing existed, I would gladly read a full length romance novel where, instead of the finale being a proposition or something, it's vore. TBH whenever a pred acts like the prey doesn't matter outside of nutritional value, or is actually cruel, it just makes me sad, and the smuttiness of said story needs to be REALLY good to make up for it.

Also, I completely admit to making personal edits of other people's stories to make them align with this. I have no regrets.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion