Alternative consequences to digestion

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Alternative consequences to digestion

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:35 am

As a prey, I often find myself facing a conundrum when getting eaten: I don't like the idea of being digested, it's gory and painful and usually implies dying... however I want there to be a permanent or long lasting consequence applied to me, which like digestion becomes more definite the more I stay in my predator's stomach. I assume many preys can relate to this; Dissolving in acid is not something anyone truly wishes to experience, but at the same time there's no fun in being eaten if that does nothing to you at all! This got me thinking about more gentle solutions... consequences that don't kill prey or do gruesome things to them, but still affect them fundamentally to the benefit of the predator.

I put together my own list of alternatives to digestion, which I think would each be interesting to see. If you can think of others, please add them to the pile and let us know!

• Shrinking: A classic favorite of mine. The prey is in fact digested... but instead of it harming their body, the acid causes them to shrink in size. If upon being eaten the prey was the same size as the predator, the pred will later release a micro (at about the size of a mouse compared to a human). The prey can remain shrunken for the rest of their life, or might slowly grow back over time making the process repeatable.
  • Partial digestion: The most obvious and close alternative. The stomach of the predator will still digest prey, but only down to a very low threshold, beyond which it will no longer do any harm. When the prey comes out, they will have only lost their hair and suffered burns across the surface of their body (the equivalent of a bad sunburn), as well as other bearable symptoms (like foggy vision) caused by limited acid damage to various organs.
  • Energy digestion: Another simple alternative to classic digestion is energy digestion (not to be confused with soul digestion). The stomach of the predator does not harm the prey's body, but instead drains them of their energy. The prey only experiences extreme tiredness and blackouts without risk of actual death, while oppositely the predator gains an energy boost and feels more rested. If the setup allows it, the predator may additionally gain boosted magical powers or increased control of reality... meaning that the more prey they swallow and use as energy batteries, the more powerful and godlike they become.
  • Absorption into the stomach walls: A more creepy yet interesting option. As the prey spends time inside the predator's stomach, they are slowly absorbed by the stomach walls and ultimately become amalgamated into them. The prey may either retain their form but remain trapped just behind the walls of the stomach, or simply be reformed into the walls under a special form. The prey is doomed to spend their entire life just sitting there and watching their pred's stomach pulsate in front of them. As an added bonus, they may become the ones moving the stomach walls to help digest the predator's food.
  • Inability to survive outside the stomach: This is possibly my top favorite. As the prey spends time in the stomach of their predator, their body becomes more and more adjusted to the conditions there (breathable gasses, consuming the pred's digested food, other)... as a consequence, they become less and less able to survive in the conditions outside again, and may only be released for a limited if not non-existent amount of time. The prey is therefore forced to return to the stomach of their predator regularly after being regurgitated, or has no choice but to stay inside for the rest of their life as coming out would kill them.
  • Mental and emotional enslavement: This is one of my favorite alternatives. Instead of digesting the prey's body or soul, the predator's stomach breaks down their mind, causing the prey to mindlessly fall in love with their predator and do their every bidding. Once released, the prey is under the full control of the predator who they now worship, and will do anything they're demanded in order to please their pred. This idea especially works if the effect isn't permanent and it takes time to subdue the prey's mind, as the prey must then be eaten periodically to be kept under the predator's control. Additionally the prey may be required to give up control of their mind willingly, knowing that they're never getting out of the stomach unless they submit to it.

So what are your own digestion alternatives, if you can think of anything not on this list? Most importantly, are there any vore writings or visual art using the concept of alternative consequences? Please list any you know of if so!
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Alternative consequences to digestion

Postby TimObberon » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 pm

These are great! Thanks for sharing.
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:11 pm

These are fascinating, to be honest.

Honestly, I'd have to give this some thought, because I'm thoroughly into digestion and rarely play with other options...

Interesting, to say the least, especially Energy Digestion...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby RedBoggle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:30 pm

If we're putting mental and emotional manipulation on the table, I'd like to add a variation to the last method. It's less controlling but the effect is still permanent.
  • Dream Digestion: Instead of digesting the entire mind, the stomach simply digests their dreams (or the neurons in the brain that causes dreams to happen if you want a physical cause). When the prey leave the stomach, they are incapable of dreaming, which would mean they can't enter REM sleep and they will degrade their mental health. If possible, the pred may offer themselves as a bed to entice previous prey who desire the ability to dream once more.
    This could be extended beyond just dreams and become a form on induced insomnia, preventing the prey from sleeping without the tranquilizing gastric fluids of the predator.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby zarpaulus » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:40 pm

I've seen a few with "predscapes", like prey get shunted into a pocket dimension instead of dying.
Or it's an afterlife of the pred's making, not always certain.

And this Jacksomm Trifker guy has a 'verse where predators absorb a bit of fat and nutrients from their prey while they pass through, then release them practically unharmed. https://aryion.com/g4/user/jkssmtrfkr
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:37 pm

I like the idea of "partial digestion" and "inability to survive outside the stomach" combined into one. As in, the prey is digested to the point where being regurgitated and exposed to the outside environment could kill them, but there is some measure (magic, etc.) that prevents them being fully digested.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:15 pm

The six ideas submitted in the start of this thread are some ways to address the issue; this monkey (me) found a seventh way for the fantasy stories he's writing. (See annoying plug in the signature line below. OK, don't see it. See if I care. :P) To wit: the kwurdāin ("waste-form") spell.

It is a contingent spell that starts when the caster is swallowed. It soaks the damage caused by acids and enzymes until it can do so no longer, and uses the energy so absorbed (in part) to transform the subject of the spell into the form of digestive products and byproducts of that creature so as to pass through the creature's digestive tract in relative safety. (This transformation resembles a rapid digestion.)

As the spell gathers energy, a side effect is that it stimulates the nerves of the subject in a pleasing, tingling manner which rises to a prickling as the spell is about to trigger, sending a blast of pleasure through the subject's body as the transformation occurs.

The subject retains a sense of touch as they travel from the stomach through the rest of the predator's alimentary canal so that he or she can tell when they leave it. After the predator leaves, having no further interest in its own dung, the subject can dismiss the spell, resuming their normal form, and escape.

This isn't a foolproof solution. The subject has to arrive in the predator's stomach still alive. Dispelling the magic or dismissing it too soon might result in suffocation for the subject of the spell (although most who use the spell prepare magic to avoid that; stomachs are not known for having fresh air) and painful and eventually fatal bowel blockage for the predator. It also does not take into account how or where a predator might dispose of the subject. Also, the subject of the spell is best advised to get plenty of food and some restorative magic as passage through the predator's bowels still takes something out of him or her. Still, the veldami (wild elf green-witches of the Velnēs, a vast equatorial jungle on the world they call Āen) who first learned it have found it to be useful.

The upshot is that the kwurdāin spell keeps the "fun" parts of being swallowed whole and avoids the most annoying side effects like excruciating pain and death. The predator gets food from it, the prey gets the whole experience without any pain, barring bites while being wolfed down. It also means that I can use the same character as prey in multiple stories. It's a win/win/win situation. SCO-O-ORE! :lol:
Last edited by IvesBentonEaton on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:17 pm

I sometimes do a different take on a soul vore-esque situation where the prey gets swallowed up, but instead of getting digested normally, their souls go into a dormant, never-ending sleep state, trapped within the predator`s body forever, while the prey`s body is either dissolved or vanishes into the aether. Since this is more of a supernatural type of vore situation, I only do it with the Changelings, my special kind of created soul vore predators.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:17 am

IvesBentonEaton wrote:Kwurdāin spell...

That was certainly interesting...

sweetladyamy
---

Postby Hanzo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:36 am

For my character, its not even a consqeunce. A perk really. Even with the soul devouring preds and what not, he'll come back and with traits of the thing that ate his soul and or body.
Hanzo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:13 am

There are three alternative consequences my characters use instead of digestion.

1. "The Lurker in Darkness" uses transformation. Part of his backstory is that he is so far changed from being human, that he has to transform humans into insectoids before he mates with them. He does this by running them through a second, separate "metamorphic" digestive system that exposes them to specialized cells capable of injecting DNA into the victim. IE, "super-sperm" capable of penetrating normal cells instead of just eggs, and inserting insectoid DNA into the host's entire genome, turning them into a human/insect hybrid.

2. Aliasia (a witch) has used Fat digestion. Similar to Energy Digestion, Fat digestion sucks the fat off the victim. Every full tour removes about 4 clothing sizes and adds a cup size to the eaters bosom or an apple bottom jean size to the eaters butt. Several times she has opened a "fat farm" turning fatties into skinnies and increasing her own measurements.

3. Oviposition. Some of the insectoids (see above) are wasp women. As such, they lay eggs in their prey. If they're not pregnant, and they stuff their ovipositor into a female womb, they can suck up the female's eggs, fuse them with their own eggs to form diploid embryos and actually mate with the female. If they are pregnant, they can oviposit their own fertilized eggs directly in a human female's womb to get her pregnant with up to 3 offspring that resemble human babies. If they lay eggs in anyone's asshole, the eggs will not be able to attach to a placenta and will develop into larvae that eat the host (usually paralyzed) from the inside out.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Hanzo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:41 am

Siuddithsi, Well, damn, I wouldnt mind going though Aliasia.
Hanzo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hanzo » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:52 am

MirceaKitsune, I like your ideas. Except for the mind enslavement.
Hanzo
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:54 am

Wow... thanks for all the feedback and ideas everyone!

Indeed, one entry I should have added to the list is transformation, as suggested by Siuddithsi. I'm a fan of species transformation in this case... where you get eaten by your pred as your original self, then come out as a version of yourself under the race of the pred. I actually made another thread about this, which I'd kinda like to see revived as well: I focused on the idea of prey being eaten and digested by a female predator, who then gives birth to a cub who has the same mind and personality as the prey but is one of their own.

Anyway I was curious if any animations or comics or games were made with those concepts in mind. Writings count too... I'm just dyslexic so I don't get to read most of those unfortunately.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 am

sweetladyamy wrote:

Heh. Was that damning with faint praise or praising with faint damns?

You don't have to answer that. I learned long ago that it's OK for people to think I am weird, even the weirdos. :P

I put that sort of detail into it since the particular protagonist I used was based on a Dungeons and Dragons® version 3.5 character I made a few years back, and I tend to go into game master mode when designing new spells. If I come up with a new spell as a player, would I allow it into a game I was running as a game master? So I put thought into the limitations of the spell, what level it should be to reflect how useful it would be to the class, and things like that.

For example, I reasoned that it would protect against a swallow whole attack, which is comparatively rare in the normal course of play in D&D, but so does freedom of movement, a fourth-level bard, cleric, druid, ranger, and Luck domain spell, by allowing the caster to slip free of any grapple, among other things. That spell has a relatively short duration, though (ten minutes per caster level), and the kwurdāin spell should be contingent (that is, permanent until triggered by a specific condition or conditions) followed by at least one day per level of the caster to allow time to be excreted. This would imply that the kwurdāin spell should be higher level than freedom of movement. However, freedom of movement is a touch range spell, which means that it can be cast on others, which makes it more useful. It also makes the target invulnerable to anything that hinders his, her, or its movement, not just grapple attacks: hindering terrain like undergrowth or being underwater, spells like web, hold person, slow and such, etc. Kwurdāin is a personal range spell, which means it only affects the caster, and it only converts acid (or other energy damage) and bludgeoning damage from digestion to non-lethal damage, eventually transmuting the caster to a form that can safely pass through a creature's digestive tract without harming either the predator or the caster. In that form, the caster has no Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, or Charisma score and only a sense of touch. In short, he or she can't do anything after being transmuted but wait to be expelled, then dismiss the spell.

Also, the kwurdāin spell doesn't prevent death by asphyxiation, nor does it deal with the heat within a stomach: a typical stomach gets hotter than body temperature—that's really what the acids are for, to make the temperature ideal for the enzymes to do their work—and there is no way for a swallowed creature to shed that heat. So you need different magic to deal with that. Fortunately, endure elements is a cheap first level spell to deal with the latter, and there are a number of magical ways to get fresh air in D&D. With these limits and a few others, I decided that fourth level was appropriate to the spell and I've gone on way, way, way too long, haven't I? Well, tough. I'm going to post it anyway. You can't stop me. :P
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am

My succubus Olapen uses energy absorption, where the souls of those who consented, gets sent to hir soul-gem, which is a pocket-dimension area for succubi in general. All succubi in my stories have soul-gems embedded inside their chest, that's where souls go... As for what happens to the body, the victims usually end up comatose after a succubi consumes the soul.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:29 am

IvesBentonEaton wrote:
sweetladyamy wrote:

Questions, lengthy D&D details, determination...

More like, I didn't really have much to say. It is easy to be concise when the subject matter is conclusive enough.

I'm a fucking weirdo for liking preds that I'm attracted to outside of vore (t-girl on t-girl vore? Lesbian vore? Femme Lesbian vore? Very niche indeed.)

sweetladyamy
---

Postby Tastymeat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:05 pm

For me, it's all about dying a natural death for my pred. I find it natural and beautiful giving one's life for another. Why change for something so final and normal. All creatures eaten deserve a painful, gross and final digestion in my eyes but that's because I'm sadistic with vote lol
Tastymeat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 32n59Deleted » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:45 am

I'm a big fan of what I call "partial resizing"- where a shrunken prey is able to be deposited into the pred's stomach, but then they immediately grow just large enough that they can never be sent through the intestines to their eventual freedom. Another version of this resizing that I like is the prey gets to go through almost all of the pred's digestive process, but then resizes before they can exit the anus. Trapped, their whole life becomes them being pressed against the pred's anus while their feces flows around them making its exit.
32n59Deleted
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:24 am

A mix of size thieft (shrinking), and energy drain would work with an endo setup for magic users.

Steal the extra mass of the prey and add it as either muscle of fat were needed or desired, and then consume the prey to feed off their energy to strengthen the predators magical abilities.

The number of prey contained within the predator could factor into how magic works, and sustaining the prey becomes a priority so that the need for release, or risk of death is lessoned.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion