Predator/Prey identifications

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Predator/Prey identifications

Postby Randomness » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 pm

Apologies if this has been posted before (my search brought up nothing), but curious as to what other people identify as. Not just strictly 'Are you Predator or Prey' (THAT has been done to death), but what kind of predator or prey you identify as, and what your preferred opposite is. Also, if that shows any aspects of your personality.

For example, I always identify as a deer when I role-play as prey. As a dancer by trade, I like to imagine the gracefulness of the moment, even as I flee from a predator that will surely want nothing more than to have my neck, or to fill their tummy. I can be a bit skittish but playful, so I feel that works into my preferred prey persona.

As for a preferred predator, I adore predators that naturally prey upon deer. Wolves, foxes. However, there is just SOMETHING about nagas that get me. Constriction. Venom. Hypnosis. Unf. Kills me. And my characters, quite literally.

So what about you folks? Curious to see your answers.
Randomness
Participator

Re: Predator/Prey identifications

Postby stearwing » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:10 pm

I prefer to imagine myself as eastern dragon. Sleek, graceful, ostensibly less threatening than their western cousins, but still a large carnivore with corresponding energy requirements. Lacking the raw strength of other dragon species is not a problem, of course, if one prefers ambushing prey - physically by stalking it, socially by lulling it.
As for personality, just as western dragons are stereotypically greedy, cruel, mass-murdering menaces, eastern dragons are stereotypically wise, gentle, and prefer not to reveal themselves. This stereotype suits me fine; I prefer speaking softly and remaining polite to one-liners and gloating.

As for prey, I really do not care about its personality. I'm looking for food, not friends.
Species-wise, I would rather avoid other reptiles and especially other dragons; that aside the only expectations I have of prey are that it fits comfortably (comfortable for me, that is), dies, stays dead and digests completely.
And, I suppose, that it leaves at some point to make room for more.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:32 pm

When I play prey, I identify as a small, aloof young girl, thrown into a terrifying situation (being eaten by a giant) by forces outside of her own control. She is tiny and utterly helpless, subject to the whims of her tormentors, perhaps even taking masochistic pleasure in it if she is abused long enough, and simply learns to accept it as a part of her life.

As for predators, I only have one preference- attractive male giants. Whether they are sadistic, bloodthirsty monsters who take pleasure in torturing their prey, gentle giants who may initially not mean any harm toward their tiny prey, or hungry preds just looking for someone to snack on, male giants, especially those with a bishounen or lady-killer look about them are my ideal predators.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Siuddithsi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 am

I identify as an insect, species depends on mood.

As a praying mantis I hide, waiting for a chance to strike. The prey never knows I'm there, then it's too late.

As a wasp i look around, never still. Wasps twitch their wings as if they were agitated, like cats twitch their tails. They're never still, always looking for prey or threats and they have the same reaction to each: STING THAT M-Fer until it runs or stops moving.

Dragonflies have two modes. 1. Shark/Aliens. Dragonfly young are aquatic carnivores, they crawl through the murky water and use an extendable lower jaw that snaps out almost the larva's length to grab prey in spiked "tongs" like the tongue that comes out of the Xenomorph's mouth. And their gills are in their ass. They can literally speed through the water by sucking water in their ass and squirting it out, so forcefully normal sized dragonfly larvae can squirt water in your face when you catch them. Not that it's vorish, but...damn, jetting around the water by blasting water out your ass just sounds awesomely weird. 2. Flying "dragons". Adult dragonfly have mouths that would give The Predator (from the movies) mouth envy. Rather than the four extra teeth around the Predator's mouth, dragonflies just have layer after layer of teeth. They fly in, overpower their prey and eat it in flight, dropping scraps (like limbs) as they go.

As for prey, I look at vore as an analog/symbol for oral sex. So relatively hairless humanoids shaped like human females are my chosen prey. And the "piece de resistance", the subtle thing that turns prey from another meal to a delicacy, is the scent. The scent of aroused pussy, because the prey is so excited by peril, that instead of running, like prey without a vore fetish, they get excited by the thought that the predator might decide to sex them to orgasm before it eats them. My 2 cents.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:04 pm

i don't normally insert my actual self into my fantasies, though since i "identify" more with the pred role and not strictly observer, i do put some consideration into making my pred characters more relatable or interesting to myself. not like self-inserts, just things (like being male and/or not very feminine in appearance, possibly characteristics like long hair or familiar styles of clothing, nationality, etc) that make it easier to empathize with them. i also prefer preds who seem like they "should" be preds, by being larger than their prey, having carnivorous traits, etc. if i'm making up a character to use in vore material, or using one of my existing characters for it, it'll probably fit at least most of that description.
any character i play will likely be humanoid/anthro in form. i have a strong preference for reptiles (especially alligators and lizards), monsters, wolves/werewolves, and trolls.

i do have a 'sona (the namesake of this account) that i sometimes use in vore art, who is a reptilian monster based on an alligator and monitor lizard in appearance. he doesn't have a "canon" size other than being big, doesn't talk much, and is very nonchalant about the whole vore thing. he basically exists to do whatever i feel like depicting without having to worry about whether it "makes sense", etc.

personality-wise, the type of characters i prefer depicting in vore scenes just depends on my mood. it varies a lot, though for the most part my characters don't suffer crippling regret over their actions even when they feel somewhat bad about them. they can range from eating indiscriminately without remorse to only attacking in self defense, with a lot of possibilities in between. they're usually confident, though the more developed characters will have some insecurities and moral conflicts as most people do. since i come from the southeastern US, my preds are likely to also live in or near that area. they tend not to be classy folks, either. even the richest cigar-smoking boss will be perfectly happy to wallow in swamp mud while he's not at work. i just can't relate to people/characters who come off as "upper crust" or fancy. my preds are usually playful in nature (unless they're meant to be more creepy/spooky), and can be sweet to people they like/care about but aggressive or outright mean to anyone who pushes the wrong buttons. i dunno what that says about me... >.>
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby illirium » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:57 am

Randomness wrote:For example, I always identify as a deer when I role-play as prey. As a dancer by trade, I like to imagine the gracefulness of the moment, even as I flee from a predator that will surely want nothing more than to have my neck, or to fill their tummy. I can be a bit skittish but playful, so I feel that works into my preferred prey persona.

As for a preferred predator, I adore predators that naturally prey upon deer. Wolves, foxes. However, there is just SOMETHING about nagas that get me. Constriction. Venom. Hypnosis. Unf. Kills me. And my characters, quite literally.
I just have to take a moment to agree that deer make awesome prey, and naga make awesome predators... Also, very impressive about being an actual dancer by trade! It does indeed sound like a graceful deer is a very fitting prey persona. :-D

For my part I find I actually enjoy imagining myself as a plain old boring human when it comes to being prey... Perhaps because it allows me to stay closer to my "real" personality, instead of trying to imagine what I would be like if I also had some animal characteristics mixed in (although I can certainly see how the latter could be fun as well). Also I think I just like scenarios and settings where humanity in general is seen as prey by some bigger, more powerful, fantasy- of sci-fi-based predators... with our world being turned upside-down as a result, and my real-life species automatically making me just another tasty morsel on the menu. :gulp:
illirium
Somewhat familiar

Postby AsherTye » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm

The species of prey is only so important to me, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a preference for pigs, bunnies, or humans. Plump and stocky, willing to put up a fight and struggle are usually my preference if I'm playing prey. It takes some of the fun out of it if I have to merely submit to what's going to happen.

The predator needs to be super into It, like completely unable to be dissuaded from his intention. But while he sees me as food, he doesn't mind playing with me, pointing out what a good meal I'll make. Any gentleness is more out of concern to not ruining my physical appeal as a meal, don't bruise the meat as it were. The predator is a planner too, even if it isn't for me specifically. I don't mind the occasional opportunist who might snatch me into a dark alley and devour me without any fanfare, but my preference is the pred or preds to have been thinking about this for a while, setting up someplace he can take his time as they draw out their sadistic pleasures from me, whether it be slowly cooking me alive or tenderly nibbling on appetizers before moving on to the main course.
Remember the importance of eating healthy. Snack on a vegetarian once in a while.
AsherTye
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion