Soul absorption discussion

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Soul gem as a landscape or dimension

Poll ended at Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Physical landscape
13%
Mindscape (the succubus' mind)
25%
Mind-Hive (collection of minds)
25%
New dimension
No votes
Parallel Dimension
13%
The succubus afterlife
25%
Other (Please define in discussion)
No votes

Total votes : 8

Soul absorption discussion

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:36 pm

So basically, to cut a long story short, I have a situation in my story's draft, where the succubi on a planet have a nightclub called "Club Miracle" run by a lovely succubus patron called Austina... The succubi resting in the nightclub's environment, suck souls (using other willing volunteers) who comply to the whole process- but I still have yet to determine what a soul is comprised of... Also, this brings the question of whether there should be any long term effects to having soul-absorption, since the volunteers usually drop comatose soon afterwards... Plus if the soul is rendered a tangible object (as in physical) does it mean that it would be used as succubi as a bartering instrument in marketplaces? All the succubi are hermaphrodites.

In my stories, the succubi race is a sub-species, and the main species are unhappy with the idea of soul-absorption as 'a means to an end'. Hence there is this long drawn-out war between the succubi and the other species

Also, what exactly is a soul made of? Is it made of light? Air? Mists of time?
Last edited by sabrina_diamond on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Soul absorption discussion

Postby TETRO » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 pm

sabrina_diamond wrote:Also, this brings the question of whether there should be any long term effects to having soul-absorption, since the volunteers usually drop comatose soon afterwards...
The body of the now soulless person is probably still alive, but its brain is now incapable of conscious thought. You could always use some sort of magic to command the body to do your bidding like a automaton, or since you're working with demons, posses it with some sort of low ranking evil spirit. Another weird thing you could do is make the body become an extension of a succubus, where they have external link to a victim's body, allowing them to control and sense with it remotely. Otherwise, if the body is just left there to sit in a comatose state, it would be just like a normal person stuck in a coma. They'd get bed sores and eventually starve or become dehydrated if not tended to or preserved with some sort of magic or technology.

sabrina_diamond wrote:Plus if the soul is rendered a tangible object (as in physical) does it mean that it would be used as succubi as a bartering instrument in marketplaces?
If you could put them into a form that was stable and solid enough, or reliably contain them in an easy to transport object like a jewel or jar, they could definitely be used for trade. Besides trading them though, what else are they used for? Would you take a soul out of its container and do something with it?

sabrina_diamond wrote:Also, what exactly is a soul made of? Is it made of light? Air? Mists of time?

I would say a soul exists outside of the realm of normal matter, on a plane that overlaps the physical world. To interact with it like a solid object you'd have to pull it out of that plane, or have some magical means of touching things in that plane. In some cultures, a soul looks like the being it comes from, while in others, a soul appears as a tiny flame, orb, or luminous cloud. How it appears in the physical world could always depend on how it's being rendered out of the other plane.

A soul is essentially a consciousness without a physical brain to facilitate it. Perhaps it's an imprint of sorts created by the being onto the fabric of the other plane.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby Cowrie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:34 pm

I have an idea for a mermaid character that involves some soul vore. For her, a soul is composed of magical life energy, and outside of a body looks like a glowing ball of light, has a physical form comparable in solidity to a inflated rubber ball with a silky surface texture and can be stored in a cage, but not bound into an object. Mermaids (well, one species of all-female arctic merfolk--other species don't practice this and are considered just as valid soul-harvesting targets as humans by the species that does) use them for spell components, and sometimes barter with them, but active harvesting is typically considered more practical and enjoyable. Not sure if any of this is relevant to your succubus setting, but I just thought I'd put that out there.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby JustSomePrey » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 pm

sabrina_diamond wrote:So basically, to cut a long story short, I have a situation in my story's draft, where the succubi on a planet have a nightclub called "Club Miracle" run by a lovely succubus patron called Austina... The succubi resting in the nightclub's environment, suck souls (using other willing volunteers) who comply to the whole process- but I still have yet to determine what a soul is comprised of... Also, this brings the question of whether there should be any long term effects to having soul-absorption, since the volunteers usually drop comatose soon afterwards... Plus if the soul is rendered a tangible object (as in physical) does it mean that it would be used as succubi as a bartering instrument in marketplaces? All the succubi are hermaphrodites.

In my stories, the succubi race is a sub-species, and the main species are unhappy with the idea of soul-absorption as 'a means to an end'. Hence there is this long drawn-out war between the succubi and the other species

Also, what exactly is a soul made of? Is it made of light? Air? Mists of time?

So, as for the first and last questions, them being the same ones, I would say the soul could be essentially the astral form of the owner. In this case, perhaps shrunk down to a smaller size. Or they could look like a ever burning flame with the same heat as the owner's body, with the size being determined by the owner's strength of will. You could even go the route of the Soul Eater anime.

As for long term effects, obviously if the body isn't kept sustained it will die, leaving the soul without a body. Effects on the soul itself, would be psychological, perhaps even some amount of physical pain, if they're capable of moving on their own and feeling.

Finally, there is no doubt that the succubi would buy, sell, and trade souls. Some may even have that as their specific profession.
JustSomePrey
Participator

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:46 am

Now, this is where it gets a little complicated, so to speak... I did consider having the soul being made of the core (main) memories of the victims, but that would mean that the short-term effects would include slight memory loss worsening over time. Also, Austina seems to be quite eager to encourage the nightclub to be open well into the late-night as the succubi and incubi are quite active during this time-period.

The succubi in my story are near-immortal due to the soul-absorption, but when they pass away, they don't really go through the whole process of dying. The succubi have a soul-gem embedded in their chest which is where they store a pocket dimension, so when they are hit by the unexpected, their soul retreats into their blue (sapphire-like) soul-gem for recuperation and rest until the danger has passed. The pocket-dimension is unique to each succubus and is highly dependent on their personality and current mood at the time. Hence when the soul-gem is rattling, it means the owner of the soul-gem is annoyed and still active within it. It is highly unknown if other species in the universe share the same traits as succubi and incubi in general, as the soul-gem is a species trait. But some scavenger animals like to eat soul-gems of succubi as a crunchy food source.

I also believe the mindscape is part of the soul as well, any questions so far? The themes of mindscapes are very important in my story's universe.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:09 pm

It`s difficult to say, since the soul is such an intangible thing, and whether or not you are religious or believe in the spiritual soul, we still have an intangible consciousness that makes us who we are. There`s no scientific evidence of souls or consciousness, you can`t surgically remove it or see it on an x-ray. So whatever physical form you think souls or consciousness take is based entirely on imagination.

For example, I wrote a non-vore novel about dark fairy lore, called Fairy Song, where many characters actively engage in soul vore. In the Fairy Song universe, souls are in the form of a small, transparent crystal with a butterfly trapped inside it, like an insect trapped in amber stone. The butterfly itself is said to be the soul of the person, and the crystal is merely a shell. Butterflies are also believed to represent souls in many Chinese and Japanese religions. The butterfly soul crystal is inside the person`s chest, or heart, so it is implied that the fairies who devour souls use some kind of magic to force them into that physical form in order to extract them from the person`s body and swallow them whole, thus giving them more magical power.

Another instance is in a steampunk story I wrote about robots, where human souls can be extracted and put into a physical form through use of a blue crystal called Kleinod. With a soul inside it, Kleinod is a glowing blue gem, and when it is transplanted to an empty shell, such as a robot or a homunculus, the soul of the person inside the gem will return to life, albeit without all of their previous memories. Kleinod can also be swallowed in rare instances in order for one to become a Kleinod-infused human, or an immortal, essentially, since the person`s soul is now separated from their body. This implies that soul vore can be possible, say, if someone swallowed a Kleinod crystal possessing a human`s soul. However, it isn`t known what would happen if they were to do that, because the story Kleinod originated from was a non-vore novel series I wrote.

Since the soul is a tangible object in my own mythologies, they could totally be used in a marketing or bargaining sense as well.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LittleRover » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:42 pm

In my canon, souls are the motivations of a creature. The strength of a soul is how powerful those motivations are which can be drawn upon in different ways or taken as part of a non-permanent soul vore. The soul regains strength over time to restore to its rest strength which depends on what type of soul it is. To take a creature's soul is to take their motivations from them and force them to rely on thoughts and emotions without direction. They can still make decisions and follow a goal but find it difficult to feel pleasure and happiness from achievement or interaction, instead only able to get it from the basest of physical pleasures. If their soul was powerful enough, they may have the imprinted desire to recover their soul (or find a soul to take). The soul itself separated off will have an imprint of the mind and body it belonged to for a time depending on how long that soul was with the body or mind (up to hundreds or thousands of years). The souls here are not a tangible object but something that likes to clings to living things and exist discretely with this transient sense of soul energy or soul strength that can be passed around or converted into other energies.

In your context, if you want there to be something strongly negative, it could be that the taking of soul strips them of motivations which takes so long to recover, they might never recover (so there is good reason to be upset about it). But hope this helps inspire you! ^-^
LittleRover
New to the forum

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:21 pm

For my vore universe, a soul is the life spark. Some truly evil beings have found a way to use souls as a power source. When the souls power is depleted the souls are gone. I am toying with the idea that the souls finally arrive at whatever God is in control of that soul and perhaps if enough sucked dry souls arrive that God might take actions to stop that. Sort of like you worship Zeus and when you die your soul goes to him, he wants strong vibrant souls and if a large amount show up as withered husks he might send some lightning bolts to whomever is doing the sucking. Other Gods or Goddesses might do their own sucking.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:03 am

Spoiler: show
New succubus Charlene was at Austina’s nightclub as usual. She sees an unusual patron come in. The patron looked really sickly, depressed and was complaining about his life in general. Suddenly, another succubus approaches and kissed him. After a few minutes the patron was reanimated and new colour sprung into his cheeks.
“Wow! That was amazing! Thanks for your service, I think I can go back to the frontline now,”
The patron was about to leave but Charlene intervened, “Hang on, what just happened?”

“Oh, that’s just my weekly feed, I just come here regularly for my PTSD therapy,” the Aelith soldier remarks, “After the war, I became a shell of a person, if it weren’t for Austina regularly exorcising my traumatic memories, I wouldn’t be able to function due to my own leader’s strict schedules.”
Charlene looked deeply amazed, shi was really new to the succubus ways and shi asks excitedly, “How does feeding make you feel?”
“Ah, a sense of euphoria, I just feel so motivated to do anything! Even the other angels like me more after a recent feed! I’ll see you in a few weeks since I am a VIP!”
“Are there any side effects?”
“It wears off after a few weeks, I felt blue but I returned and I feel myself again,”

After a few more weeks, Charlene noticed a disturbing trend. The soldier became more stiffened, losing feathers and complaining of aching bones and muscles. But he still returned. Finally, after a few more sessions, the soldier said to Charlene, “Look, I know you’ve been watching me, but I can’t go on like this,”

Austina stood up in alarm, “I won’t give you anymore, you are my valued patron and I can’t lose you!”
The angel looked forlorn, “Then, who will put me out of my misery?!” he asks the other succubi.

Charlene was about to respond, but there was a constant nagging at the back of hir mind...
I need to feed... the instinct repeated, but Charlene shuddered and ignored it at first, but there was a sound like the scraping of a chalkboard in her mind, and suddenly there was a loud scratching as she clawed at the wall to prevent the sound from continuing. The succubi whispered phrases of encouragement as they nodded in approval. There was a sound as Charlene bit upon a piece of metal and chewed on it for comfort

“Dear Charlene, we can end this for you, all you have to do is feed on him...” Panting sounds occurred as Charlene sweated and glanced towards the angel soldier. Kotone looked alarmed and called for help.
“But I can’t do it, he’s my best friend, it’ll ruin him!” Charlene barked as she growled.
“He’s already ruined, his own addiction consumed him, think of it as an act of mercy!” Austina glared.
The room spun around as Charlene tried to control the freshly-installed instincts in vain.

“Yes, you can do it!” cheered Austina as the final straw snapped and Charlene couldn’t think anymore... Her eyes turned wild as she lets out a bestial screech...
The last thing the drunken Angel saw was Charlene leaping across a table with exposed talons, snarling in his face.
“Hey, Charlene, stop kissing me!” He mumbled before he slipped into unconsciousness and stiffens up as they toppled over backwards, drooling heavily. As Charlene feeds on the Angel ravenously, Austina says nothing at first, but then shrugs languidly.
“Anyone want any leftovers?” Austina grins as Kotone’s face was a mixture of horror and amusement... Charlene roars in the background as she feeds on many other patrons until shi passes out due to pure exhaustion.
"Come on Chars, let's go home," Kotone responded as she dragged a snoring Charlene out of the nightclub, who was still mumbling about fresh souls.

Discussion: Thoughts about 'soul-absorption' as a type of therapy for other species? What about when it's for a good cause? Does it work better as an instinct or as an innate psychological drive? Please list your reasons as to why and how so.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Ixtili » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 pm

What is a soul made of? Memories, emotions and a lot of potentially useful energy if you could figure out how to hook it up to a car battery. I mean we are talking about something that in mythology is described as immortal. That's got to be one hell of a power source.

From a vore perspective the soul being contained in the Succubuses mind seems like it'd make the most sense. Unless the succubi are like those fake bag of holding things in DnD where I think they are supposed to be extradimensional mouths that lead to the stomach of a creature but that stomach is essentially an entire extra-dimensional plain of existence. DnD is weird ^^;
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:44 am

When you say that the souls are contained in the succubus' mind(s), that just makes me think that there will be pure chaos at first. I like the analogy of the bag of holding, quite clever! Do you mean that the mind will act as a storage compartment to the souls?

Plus, I still have yet to decide whether the souls would end up in another dimension or a hive-mind at best.
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:18 am

Ixtili wrote:What is a soul made of? Memories, emotions and a lot of potentially useful energy if you could figure out how to hook it up to a car battery. I mean we are talking about something that in mythology is described as immortal. That's got to be one hell of a power source.

From a vore perspective the soul being contained in the Succubuses mind seems like it'd make the most sense. Unless the succubi are like those fake bag of holding things in DnD where I think they are supposed to be extradimensional mouths that lead to the stomach of a creature but that stomach is essentially an entire extra-dimensional plain of existence. DnD is weird ^^;

That would be the cursed item, the bag of devouring, which is actually a bag-like extrusion of an extradimensional creature into the prime material plane.

But yes, D&D is weird. We like it that way. And it's also a very good foundation for settings for vore stories.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Anyway, there is the slight problem as to where the souls go after they're devoured by the succubus, so should I have the souls migrate to a seperate plane of dimension in the succubus, hear their voices in the succubus' mind or shall I make the voices become a hive-mind in a succubus? Which is the easiest option in my story?
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Ixtili » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Well it's a fetish so shouldn't you just go with the option you personally find the most appealing? If you have no preference maybe ask the soul vore crowd what they find most appealing about the concept?
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:21 am

Ixtili wrote:Maybe ask the soul vore crowd what they find most appealing about the concept?

Certainly, I'll do so...
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby Emi » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 am

Yes... this is one of the latest fantasies I've come up with. I like the idea of the God swallowing the soul of a vorarephile who died and deserved to be eaten.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Return to General Vore Discussion