Evolution of vore in media

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Evolution of vore in media

Postby justinrpg » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Vore in media has changed a lot throughout the years. Starting with the simplest bigger creature swallowing littler creature. Humans soon became prey as well. Now days, vore in media seems like a given. I have seen vore in TV cartoons I never thought would ever include vore. like Uncle Grandpa Season 3 Episode 26 for example. Today, vore in media is a lot different than when I was a kid. I have been into vore all my life, but the stuff I see today is more in depth. I see in stomach scenes, digestion, aware of being digested, and even characters explaining digestion while being digested like the episode I mentioned.

How have you guys seen vore in media change throughout the years? And how do you think vore in media is going to change moving forward?
She frantically searches for her human husband, unaware that he is in her stomach.
justinrpg
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Evolution of vore in media

Postby Komodo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:48 am

Well, the concept of Vore being as ancient as it is... I don't see it going away
in the media modern at the time. It was never really gone, it has just been
present in various intensities. And I am not disagreeing with you that Vore
seems to be more common these days than in the past, but I am not sure it is
related to the theme itself, or the market surrounding it.
The 40 years (if not more) have seen an almost constantly sky-rocketing increase
of Animated Entertainment. Be it for Kids or Adults. Vore going back to the first
ever mythologies, Norse, Greek, Asian, Egyptian and African to name a few, it
does not surprise me that it keep being re-used today after bigger companies
introduced the comical AND horrific possibilities of it in animation. Loony Tunes,
Merry Melodies, Tom and Jerry being the pioneers of the Comical Vore Animation.
Monster movies soon following suit.
This brings me back to my original arguement. The market. To me it is a matter
of what seems more realistic. That the producers of shows relies on Vore more and
more in their work, or that there every year there are MORE cartoons and animated
shows produced in sheer quantity. Many of them rather lazy, borrowing from older
and proven themes instead of producing original content just to meet a deadline.
I know I might be coming across as a downer here, and I am NOT saying that we as
a people (the vore Community in particular) are not benifiting from being exposed
to more vore!
It makes people more open-minded to it because they can think back to how much
of the theme they were/are surrounded by and can relate to there being a larger
Group of people fascinated by it. So it is certainly a good thing. And I do not see the
theme of Vore going away anytime soon.
Ancient. Entertaining. Proven it can be both Comical, Horrific, Educational and even
a gracious- bloodless Death to Villians to NOT make the Hero a murderer. Vore is a
Classic tool of storytelling, and the more stories that pop up, the more said tool will
be relied upon. Expect more Vore!
Komodo
Somewhat familiar

Postby merlovinit » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:21 pm

I don't think vore in media is sexual in nature. There still aren't really references to the fetish in any mainstream media, even as a joke. The best we can hope for is probably an innacurate, fear mongering episode of CSI.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby minakotomoka14 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:59 pm

I always used to see vorish stuff in cartoons when I was a kid, and I haven`t watched cartoons in a long time since then, but now that I`ve gotten back into a few of the newer ones, like Gravity Falls and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, it`s gotten no different, at least not to me. It seems like every cartoon has to have their obligatory vore episode. While they have their own varying degrees of weirdness, it seems to be as consistent as it was when I was young. Seriously, with all the vorish stuff you see in cartoons, you have to wonder if the creators are voraphiles themselves. Same thing goes for macrophilia, it seems like nearly every cartoon since I was young has their obligatory growing/shrinking episode, and it makes me wonder if there`s an unnaturally large concentration of macrophiles in the animation industry.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby granblue » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:01 pm

I don't think there is any vore in media, really. Instances of people getting swallowed whole in media isn't really vore, as it's not associated with the fetish in any way - it's just coincidentally something vorarephiles would enjoy. Even in more adult shows with a lot of fanservice, vorarephiles aren't a big enough fanbase to be catered to. Maybe one day.

minakotomoka14 wrote:Seriously, with all the vorish stuff you see in cartoons, you have to wonder if the creators are voraphiles themselves. Same thing goes for macrophilia, it seems like nearly every cartoon since I was young has their obligatory growing/shrinking episode, and it makes me wonder if there`s an unnaturally large concentration of macrophiles in the animation industry.

I would hope nobody's trying to sneak their fetish into children's media.
granblue
Participator

Postby minakotomoka14 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:34 pm

granblue wrote:I don't think there is any vore in media, really. Instances of people getting swallowed whole in media isn't really vore, as it's not associated with the fetish in any way - it's just coincidentally something vorarephiles would enjoy. Even in more adult shows with a lot of fanservice, vorarephiles aren't a big enough fanbase to be catered to. Maybe one day.

minakotomoka14 wrote:Seriously, with all the vorish stuff you see in cartoons, you have to wonder if the creators are voraphiles themselves. Same thing goes for macrophilia, it seems like nearly every cartoon since I was young has their obligatory growing/shrinking episode, and it makes me wonder if there`s an unnaturally large concentration of macrophiles in the animation industry.

I would hope nobody's trying to sneak their fetish into children's media.

I surely hope not either, that would be screwed up, but you have to wonder sometimes. I mean, I sometimes subliminally end up sneaking hints of my own fetishes into my non-vore novels and writing without even meaning to.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:41 am

I haven't noticed vore occurring more frequently, but I definitely noticed it getting more creative. The most recent example I can think of is the implied full tour in "Land of the Lost."

granblue wrote:I would hope nobody's trying to sneak their fetish into children's media.

It happens more than you think. Rita's "Egyptian Song" from Animaniacs, the rabbit from Space Jam, and even recently so many people comment on Judy Hops' curves in any YouTube comment section involving Zootopia. That's just a few examples of the furry fetish alone.

With vore being a fetish it kind of depends. If the cartoon has an instance once in a blue moon, it's probably more of a gag. If it seems to occur as frequently as the watersports jokes on Rick and Morty, then someone's putting their fetish onto their media. Disney using Scarlet Johanson to voice Kaa using a sexy voice with near vore is a questionable instance.
Jayezox
---

Postby jaykayeight » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:38 am

Jayezox wrote:I haven't noticed vore occurring more frequently, but I definitely noticed it getting more creative. The most recent example I can think of is the implied full tour in "Land of the Lost."

granblue wrote:I would hope nobody's trying to sneak their fetish into children's media.

It happens more than you think. Rita's "Egyptian Song" from Animaniacs, the rabbit from Space Jam, and even recently so many people comment on Judy Hops' curves in any YouTube comment section involving Zootopia. That's just a few examples of the furry fetish alone.

With vore being a fetish it kind of depends. If the cartoon has an instance once in a blue moon, it's probably more of a gag. If it seems to occur as frequently as the watersports jokes on Rick and Morty, then someone's putting their fetish onto their media. Disney using Scarlet Johanson to voice Kaa using a sexy voice with near vore is a questionable instance.

yes, and yet dont forget: alot of folks here got triggered to vore by vorish stuff in (childs) media in the first place. like dragon ball (cells absorbing) or certain hints in other toons or anime. as mentioned maybe there are alot of vore fans in the child media business but think back, even fairytales (being the oldest media) have like a ton on vorish stuff. think about it red riding hood the wolf and the piggies, pinocchio . and this is vore par excellance as the tales often decribe how they would be in the belly and hope for rescue (which is pretty hot) childhood and vore seems to be intertwined, as strange as this may sound.

i guess the guys adding vore in toons are on the same side as we are. maybe not even noticing the vorish undertones like minakotomoka14 mentioned. at the end its all a matter of perception as we are sensitive to vore and others dont even notice it while watching the same.

EDIT: Now that I glimpsed into Zootopia searching for Judy Hopps curves, (*g*) I noticed that they have added a drug lab situation like in breaking bad. this shows me that child media is really changing. and that wet looking ass and teasing ... hmm strange. now vore seems almost innocent in comparison ;)
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby minakotomoka14 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:50 am

Well, if you want an example of fetishes in children`s media, just look at Steven Universe. Giantesses, femdom, and yuri fetishes abound in that show.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 am

Although this does seem somewhat creepy at first, it's kind of nice for children into those same fetishes that will enjoy those particular moments and remember them in the future.
Kitsouille
???

Postby GBBG » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 am

jaykayeight wrote:
Jayezox wrote:I haven't noticed vore occurring more frequently, but I definitely noticed it getting more creative. The most recent example I can think of is the implied full tour in "Land of the Lost."

yes, and yet dont forget: alot of folks here got triggered to vore by vorish stuff in (childs) media in the first place. like dragon ball (cells absorbing) or certain hints in other toons or anime. as mentioned maybe there are alot of vore fans in the child media business but think back, even fairytales (being the oldest media) have like a ton on vorish stuff. think about it red riding hood the wolf and the piggies, pinocchio . and this is vore par excellance as the tales often decribe how they would be in the belly and hope for rescue (which is pretty hot) childhood and vore seems to be intertwined, as strange as this may sound.

i guess the guys adding vore in toons are on the same side as we are. maybe not even noticing the vorish undertones like minakotomoka14 mentioned. at the end its all a matter of perception as we are sensitive to vore and others dont even notice it while watching the same.

EDIT: Now that I glimpsed into Zootopia searching for Judy Hopps curves, (*g*) I noticed that they have added a drug lab situation like in breaking bad. this shows me that child media is really changing. and that wet looking ass and teasing ... hmm strange. now vore seems almost innocent in comparison ;)

It is kind of interesting. There is so much vore in children's media that when I was a kid (before I knew/understood what vore was) I thought it was normal to like it :lol:
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby Jayezox » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 am

I hate to turn this into a political talk, but the people that run this world are extremely messed up. I'm getting more and more certain by the day that vore is a result of mind conditioning. Not saying that vore itself is evil or nobody should enjoy it or anything. I just really feel the need to know the cause of bizarre phenomena like this.
Jayezox
---

Postby minakotomoka14 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Jayezox wrote:I hate to turn this into a political talk, but the people that run this world are extremely messed up. I'm getting more and more certain by the day that vore is a result of mind conditioning. Not saying that vore itself is evil or nobody should enjoy it or anything. I just really feel the need to know the cause of bizarre phenomena like this.

I concur with this statement. Not just on the subject of vore, but just odd sexualization and other things in kids` cartoons. Heck, I`m almost 100% certain I got my macrophilia fetish from all the cartoons I watched when I was younger. Even today, almost every cartoon has their own obligatory giant or shrinking episode, if not more than one. I`m not saying it`s a bad thing, but there has to be some cause of all these weird fetishes coming around, and with the propaganda they put in kids` shows nowadays, it makes things like macro and vore stuff seem tame.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion