Stumped while writing a story...

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Stumped while writing a story...

Postby delete8234b » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Okay, so I recently wrote a vore story in first person, but I didn't like the way it sounded while I read it. The story was in first person, and for some reason, it didn't feel right. I was thinking about writing a story in third person about me, but that begs the question: would it be weird to write stories about myself in third person? I know that I'd be able to explain what happens afterwards and the way the predators interact once their prey is in their stomach or balls or whatever, but I didn't know if that would be odd. What do you guys and gals think?
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Re: Stumped while writing a story...

Postby gullvy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:04 pm

Depends. Is there a shell story, wherein the character narrates what happened to other characters?

If yes, use first person.

If no, use whatever sounds best to you, first, second or third.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chameleonette » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm

I always write in third person, personally---whether I'm writing other characters or throwing my sona into the scenario. There's nothing wrong with the other approaches, but third person just happens to suit my writing style/comfort level with writing. I've also written reader inserts for a fandom that were written in third person and people really enjoyed them, despite not being written in first or second.

I think the important thing is to write the way you feel comfortable writing. Don't worry about how others may or may not perceive it. If you like to switch things up or don't like how something sounds in one method, try another. If you would prefer to write in one point of view more than another, then write the way that you want.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Oniric » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 am

There's not a right or wrong to do it, IMO. First and third person narration each have their pros and cons, so it depends on the kind of story you want to tell and, like Chameleonette said, what are your strenghts as a writer.

I never write "myself" in the story so I don't know about that, but I alternate between first and third person depending on the story. First person can be more intimate but also more restrictive, although you can achieve a similar effect with third person limited. You can also switch it up in the same story (for example if you prefer first person but then want to write an "epilogue" of sorts in third person).
Oniric
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion