An interesting Wikipedia article about a very voracious man

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

An interesting Wikipedia article about a very voracious man

Postby Cygni » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 am

The guy's name was Tarrare, a French showman in the late 1700s. He had a literally unending hunger and very "unique" biology. It's a bit grotesque, but medically fascinating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare

Also, a link to the YouTube video I learned about it in, with relevant timestamp.

https://youtu.be/tFsg9lpUrI0?t=518
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: An interesting Wikipedia article about a very voracious

Postby EmmaV2 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:21 am

Oh yeah, I listened to a podcast episode about him.
EmmaV2
Been posting for a bit

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Wow, that`s pretty weird, I`ve never heard of that. Who knew there was a real-life predator out there once?
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:01 pm

A genetic mutation, possibly from inbreeding.

My money is on the appendix actually being attached directly to the rectum in his case. I don't know much on the details of what that does but I can say that the excessive diarrhea would not be uncommon if the appendix were attached to the rectum.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby joyrider1986 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:42 pm

I heard about him before. A very interesting mutation.....nowadays he would just sit in prison because of all those "poor" animals he ate.....
joyrider1986
Somewhat familiar

Postby TransDimetroPolitan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 pm

At least now I have a good name reference for a character if i need one. Sounds like he had a mental metabolism from him always being so hot.
TransDimetroPolitan
New to the forum

Postby Kitsouille » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:04 pm

He's been mentioned a few times on Eka's but people always discover him and make a new thread from time to time ^^
I feel bad for him, he never received any actual treatment for his condition/peculiar-ness.
Kitsouille
???

Postby SarahTheCuteVixen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Whoa. is this for real?
SarahTheCuteVixen
Been posting for a bit

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:49 pm

joyrider1986 wrote:I heard about him before. A very interesting mutation.....nowadays he would just sit in prison because of all those "poor" animals he ate.....

Yeah, he would. Killing animals for pleasure, rather than for nutritional necessity, is considered unethical in most cultures. There are laws in place that dictate how and when animals can be killed, and "eating them alive" is not a valid method of slaughter. Vore might be sexy as a fantasy fetish, but it it were acted out in real life, it would violate serious moral and ethical taboos in most cultures. Killing people is wrong, and killing animals in unnecessarily brutal ways is wrong, at least according to the vast majority of the human species.

I mean, the guy tried to eat other people for God's sake, including possibly eating a child. He was a psychopath and a danger to society. He is luck he wasn't executed for his actions in the time when he was alive. It would certainly have been warranted. You can't go around eating live animals, eating corpses, and attempting to drink people's blood and expect society to tolerate your behavior. Just because we, as vorarephiles, find that behavior arousing, doesn't mean we can ignore it's moral implications.

If someone like that existed now, they would need to be kept under close watch, possibly in a mental health institution. I DO feel bad for him, but the fact is that his condition caused him to do some unconscionable things. Just like many modern serial killers (and child molesters,) his illness doesn't excuse his actions.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:18 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:
joyrider1986 wrote:I heard about him before. A very interesting mutation.....nowadays he would just sit in prison because of all those "poor" animals he ate.....

Yeah, he would. Killing animals for pleasure, rather than for nutritional necessity, is considered unethical in most cultures. There are laws in place that dictate how and when animals can be killed, and "eating them alive" is not a valid method of slaughter. Vore might be sexy as a fantasy fetish, but it it were acted out in real life, it would violate serious moral and ethical taboos in most cultures. Killing people is wrong, and killing animals in unnecessarily brutal ways is wrong, at least according to the vast majority of the human species.

I mean, the guy tried to eat other people for God's sake, including possibly eating a child. He was a psychopath and a danger to society. He is luck he wasn't executed for his actions in the time when he was alive. It would certainly have been warranted. You can't go around eating live animals, eating corpses, and attempting to drink people's blood and expect society to tolerate your behavior. Just because we, as vorarephiles, find that behavior arousing, doesn't mean we can ignore it's moral implications.

If someone like that existed now, they would need to be kept under close watch, possibly in a mental health institution. I DO feel bad for him, but the fact is that his condition caused him to do some unconscionable things. Just like many modern serial killers (and child molesters,) his illness doesn't excuse his actions.

So much this.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:51 pm

I also note that *supposedly* perfectly sane researchers gave him live animals for him to eat. He was apathetic to eating them, but as I've mentioned in my previous post, he never really received any treatment. Not that medicine was exactly advanced during the 18th century, but that is not an excuse for asking someone to kill animals, nor is helping him to give in to his bad urges.
Kitsouille
???

Postby EnderDracolich » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:20 am

Kitsouille wrote:I also note that *supposedly* perfectly sane researchers gave him live animals for him to eat. He was apathetic to eating them, but as I've mentioned in my previous post, he never really received any treatment. Not that medicine was exactly advanced during the 18th century, but that is not an excuse for asking someone to kill animals, nor is helping him to give in to his bad urges.

I agree completely. People can be totally cruel, and that was even more true in the past than today. We are talking about *Revolutionary France* for God's sake; feeding a mentally unwell man live animals is actually quite tame compared to some of the things that happened during that period, both at the hands of the Revolutionaries and the Monarchists. They killed people in creative ways, burned live cats as a sign of protest (seriously), raped noblewomen as a form of "justice," and generally raised all hell.

I still wouldn't trust a man like him running loose in my community today. Sure, he behavior *might* have been a product of his environment, but it could also have been caused by disorder he was suffering from.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 am

Cowrie wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:

So much this.

Hunger is a primal instinct. That actually takes precedence above illness, legal/moral/societal/political BS, and even conscious thoughts.

In the case of this individual, whose hunger was next to impossible to satiate, to allow one to think of him as humanly-relatable is astonishingly absurd. As much as I hate to admit it, the mutation leaves this 'man' as a humanoid vessel, one that has characteristics of a human, but is mutated enough to not be the same as the rest of humanity. Fact is, if one were to subject him to the same laws/morale as other humans, that would be no different than asking a dog, or an ape, or a wild feline to subject themselves to the same, which is ludicrous at best and insane at worst.

"...he ate an infant..."

Accusations, without proof. Read the damned article for fuck sake.

"Anti-cannibalism remark here"

Again, primal instinct. I needn't explain further.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:28 am

First of all, I really wish I didn't know this existed, because that's horrifying. Are we sure he isn't some sort of fan-fiction about a man "blessed" by the Chaos demon Nurgle?

Secondly, I'm sorry, but there's no justification for what he did. Once you start eating live animals and attempting to eat human bodies, that's when I count you as a monster that, at minimum, needs to be isolated and treated for mental illnesses. Or put out of his misery, if there was no sign of being able to help him.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:45 pm

.... Gonna have nightmares now
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Return to General Vore Discussion