Disgusted by such an amount you want to leave the fetish?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Did certain content ever made you wanna quit Vore?

Yes - I pondered about it
9%
Yes - I tried to but came back
10%
No - But some things still go way too far in my opinion
31%
No - I simply click things I dislike away
50%

Total votes : 511

Re: Disgusted by such an amount you want to leave the fetish

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Every. Single. Damn. Human. Predator.... It drives me fucking mental the amount of human pred (same size/giant) there is on this site. I am more than unssettled by it and left this site in particular for a good few years. I never truelly left vore, I just left this site and still wonder why I bother with this place considering the gross amount of human pred fetishism there is here. I am a prey preference and if there is 1 thing that I will always be disgusted at in this fetish at it's cannibalism (and only with humans, animal canibalism is fine because I take the place of the prey making it just an animal pred) but if I feel like the situation sits on cannibal territory when I'm prey it makes me feel sick.

I come back and not a damn thing changed, human is still the top pred here, I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy, but I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby randomthefox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:46 pm

I definitely agree that some if not MOST of the people involved in the vore community are jackoffs and the majority of the works they produce are worthy of a dumpster fire, but that just makes me want to have nothing to do with the COMMUNITY, not the "fetish" itself. Like, what does that even mean, how do you "leave" a fetish? It's a fetish. You don't sign up for what turns you on, I didn't CHOOSE to get into vore, and I certainly can't turn around and magically decide that it no longer gives me an erection somehow =P
randomthefox
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Some artwork I've seen is so gratuitously gross I've physically cringed, and some characters are such stupidly overpowered power/god/macro/kaiju fantasies I think lower of the person, especially when they intrude into spaces i frequent and decide to destabilize things with their huge power or girth. Some pred people are so overbearing and inconsiderate of other predators' preferences and some prey are so cringe-worthy and sometimes super op in their own right. Things liek these feed that part of me that wishes I didn't have the fetish, but it isn't going away so I get back on the vore train regardless. Underage preds and prey also seem a bit too popular for what is basically pedophillia in my mind.

SREDISKRAD wrote:Every. Single. Damn. Human. Predator.

This, I have a lot of reasons for hating human/elf/dwarf and most demi preds, but I won't list most of them as I'd ramble a bit. Mostly it avoids the cannibalism thing and keeps some buffer between irl and fantasy that I like having, leaving humans to more socially acceptable fantasies of sci-fi and such. The bigger issue is very few people here tag things with "human pred" for the blacklist to even sort them out, as it's just considered default here. i mostly got an account to have a second sight to look for artists to commission and to track faves of things that do suit my interest here and there

jaggedjagd wrote:Everytime I see another "What if vore was real" thread.

I lose some hope for humanity in these threads, especially when people are like "i'd eat everyone of [insert gender here] i could" who are so consumed by their sexual desires they either have next to no empathy or are blind to whatever they do have.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kurczak48 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:19 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:Every. Single. Damn. Human. Predator.... It drives me fucking mental the amount of human pred (same size/giant) there is on this site. I am more than unssettled by it and left this site in particular for a good few years. I never truelly left vore, I just left this site and still wonder why I bother with this place considering the gross amount of human pred fetishism there is here. I am a prey preference and if there is 1 thing that I will always be disgusted at in this fetish at it's cannibalism (and only with humans, animal canibalism is fine because I take the place of the prey making it just an animal pred) but if I feel like the situation sits on cannibal territory when I'm prey it makes me feel sick.

I come back and not a damn thing changed, human is still the top pred here, I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy, but I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

That's a lot of very offensive words. You should know that the main reason human vore are(luckily) more popular than furry/antropomorphic is because people like you already have one solid site for animal-like vore.
And please don't turn this topic into kink-shaming. This is not a way to go.
Kurczak48
Been posting for a bit

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Kurczak48 wrote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:Every. Single. Damn. Human. Predator.... It drives me fucking mental the amount of human pred (same size/giant) there is on this site. I am more than unssettled by it and left this site in particular for a good few years. I never truelly left vore, I just left this site and still wonder why I bother with this place considering the gross amount of human pred fetishism there is here. I am a prey preference and if there is 1 thing that I will always be disgusted at in this fetish at it's cannibalism (and only with humans, animal canibalism is fine because I take the place of the prey making it just an animal pred) but if I feel like the situation sits on cannibal territory when I'm prey it makes me feel sick.

That's a lot of very offensive words. You should know that the main reason human vore are(luckily) more popular than furry/antropomorphic is because people like you already have one solid site for animal-like vore.
And please don't turn this topic into kink-shaming. This is not a way to go.

I'm not kink shaming, and FurAffinity isn't a place where I can talk to others like I can here. This thread is the only place I will state exactly how I feel because that is the point of this thread. Is human pred wrong? Not if it stays in the fantasy world. I will not condemn or naysay people who prefer human predators and I will not discrimitate against them in favour of other furry/scalie preferences with the only exception being in terms of roleplay.

I do not wish to offend human predator preferences, however, I reserve the right to dislike the preference personally with the level of intensity that I do on the assumption it doesn't affect anyone else and I apologise if you found my post offensive.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby MidnightRose » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:43 pm

I've actually felt this way very recently. I don't have the urge to leave, but there are some things that I just find abhorrent. It sucks because you don't really know how to react or what to say without going overboard, so you just kinda bottle it up and try to ignore it. It's the most you can do, really. And it's especially hard not to judge people when you get this disgusted. :/
MidnightRose
Vampric Homunculus

Postby 6163 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:40 pm

The only time I left vore in disgust was when I first discovered it. The first comic I read was deeply disturbing and yet I couldn't look away. Months after that I came back and read some more, only to leave again. This was back and forth for about a year until I grew comfortable with the concept of vore and I haven't looked back since. I also discovered I didn't really like that artist's take on vore but that was over ten years ago and vore material was pretty scarce.

On the plus side, discovering vore through an artist I don't actually like all that much in retrospect gave me a lot of perspective on the line between comfort and discomfort and just how easy it is to cross. Just changing the attitude of the pred or adding a single element of realism to a story can change it from someone's favorite to completely horrifying. It's a perilous fetish to enjoy and while I'm the type who can filter through and block out anything that doesn't interest me, I can completely understand why some people have this kind of problem. I am very thankful to the artists who put up guro and scat warnings myself.

All of this is an overly long lead in to the one thing that actually does bother me, comments on pictures angry about what they saw. Everyone's favorite is someone else's disgusting and that's especially true of this fetish. I'm not talking about anyone in this thread; talking about these things is literally what this thread was made for and context matters. But to go to a conventionally disturbing website, click on a conventionally disturbing image, get mad that it is the wrong kind of disturbing and leave a comment about it demanding an explanation for why someone would be into the disturbing thing shows a considerable lack of self-awareness.
Been posting for a bit

Postby MeTheMe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:Everytime I see another "What if vore was real" thread.

Yeah, I find those threads annoying, but I can't say they've ever made me want to leave.

As for art, hmm... no, can't say I've seen anything that's made me want to leave, if I don't like it, I can just click away, it's not my job to kink shame or judge, so I just let them do them and I'll head to some other art I am into.

I think the only thing that would make me leave is there was some fundamental problem with the community or the site as a whole, but both have been pretty good! There's always some rough people, but the community for the most part has been good.
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby EnderDracolich » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Paradox wrote:The question is a simple: Did you ever felt disgusted by certain content that it made you reconsider your kink?

No. I don't think it works that way, at least not for me. I like what I like; I don't choose my fetishes, I have no control over what arouses me. When it does change, the change is not something I cause or control, it just happens. There is never any conscious decision making involved in what turns me on, or what turns me off. It simply is the way it is; I didn't come here because I *wanted* to be a Vorarephile.

So, to answer your main question, I have not considered "leaving the fetish." For me, it's not that simple. It's not like leaving a job, an institution, or even a religious group. My fetishes are built into who I am, and I have little control over what I find arousing.

Now, I can and have considered quitting certain fetish *sites* because of the content they host. When I first came to Eka's, I was on the fence about staying here, and if I hadn't figured out how to block certain content, I probably would have left. That said, since I CAN control what content I see on this site, I am unlikely to be leaving any time soon. There would need to be a dramatic change, either in my preferences or in the site itself, for me to consider doing so.

I have, however, left other fetish sites in the past, due to content I found upsetting. I am rather open to most things, but there are a few types of content that I find physically sickening and/or morally wrong. I used to visit other sites, where they hosted content that fell into these categories. I could not avoid this content, and I eventually left, despite the fact that some of the content on those sites appealed to me. So, I can sympathize with your situation. Looking for content that you find enjoyable, arousing, or appealing can be very difficult to do when you have to sift through images that you find upsetting.

I would suggest blocking certain types of content if they bother you. From what I can tell, Eka's has a pretty good content filtering system compared to many other sites. I don't know what your specific turn-off is, but its pretty easy to avoid gore, fatality, digestion, and underage content, which are the major controversial ones. Cock Vore and Anal Vore can also be avoided pretty easily, if those things squick you.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:10 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy, but I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

You don't have to like human preds. No, really! Nobody is trying to force you to like them!

However, you NEED TO -cut- -the- -kink- -shaming-
(and yes, you ARE kink shaming, and no, that's NOT the point of this thread. You see the word "real" up there? That right there, that's the problem!)

...Who gave you the authority to decide what counts as "real vore?" Maybe you should go back to FA, if you have so much disdain for the people on this site. You have no right to tell other people that their fetishes are less valid than your own, nor to tell people what counts as vore and what doesn't. Get off your high horse.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Fallenfox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 pm

6163 wrote:The first comic I read was deeply disturbing and yet I couldn't look away.

Let me guess...

Mamabliss?
Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy, but I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

You don't have to like human preds. No, really! Nobody is trying to force you to like them!

However, you NEED TO -cut- -the- -kink- -shaming-
(and yes, you ARE kink shaming, and no, that's NOT the point of this thread. You see the word "real" up there? That right there, that's the problem!)

...Who gave you the authority to decide what counts as "real vore?" Maybe you should go back to FA, if you have so much disdain for the people on this site. You have no right to tell other people that their fetishes are less valid than your own, nor to tell people what counts as vore and what doesn't. Get off your high horse.

If I was kink shaming I would be offending the people who like human predators directly. I've never said anything against the people who like humand predator vore and will only show disdain to that particular brand of vore.

Kink shaming is to take personal offense at a kink and using it offensively (I should know as I spun into depression because I was into vore and I was kink shamed for being a voraraphile and they were using that to directly offend me.) YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT:
Kink Shaming: the act of mocking or criticizing someone's specific sexual predilections. I have not mocked it or used it as a specific point to offend someone directly, I have only said that I dislike human predators and it disgusted me enough to leave this site for a period of 2-3 years. This is what the thread is asking, so please, stop thinking I'm kink shaming for being disgusted by something and stating it. Yes I did say that about the real vore thing, and yes that does seem to imply that human predators is fake vore, but imho human predators is canibalism and canibalism is more serious than vore as it is something that can really happen. Human predator and vore depicting human predators is vore, it is just something that I find particularly distasteful and I am allowed to.

I have so far yet to say human predator fetishism is wrong, it is not as long as it remains within fantasy - its just difficult to keep it that way when this site constantly has threads about real life people as predators, or preys, or what have you. I'm also allowed to find this as distasteful.

Distaste is not kink shaming and if I was truely kink shaming I would be shaming myself as both me and human pred lovers both share the same major kink...vore.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 pm

I simply click away from stuff I don't like and/or can't stare at although there are things I just wish didn't exist or are just so badly written/drawn or plain wrong that I get ashamed that it is part of one of my fetishes. Hello art that look like it was drawn by kindergarten? Like I'm not sure if actual kids have their own vore galleries online or if it is even possible for an adult to draw that bad. And of course there is the tutorial about cock voring an earthworm :?
Kitsouille
???

Postby Eka » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:49 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy

I am going to go ahead and say that this sounds like kinkshaming to me.

I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

You should just leave. We been through this before. You are not going to improve your attitude. You shouldn't stick around. In fact I think I'm just going to go ahead and boot you if this repeat again.
Eka
Administrator

Postby SilhouetteofKid » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:52 pm

After reading some of the comments, I want to add something else.

I guess at some point I regretted something I read once. Thinking back on it, it was pretty depressing.

I can't remember who drew the comic but it had something to do with a mother and her cub being hunted by a bigger wolf I think.

The mother goes off to fight it and after awhile I guess the bigger wolf finds the cub and breaks some bones before swallowing it whole.

It then revealed that the mother was eaten too and half-digested or torn apart maybe. I was 11 when I read that, I can never forget that story.

It really hit me in the feels, just the sheer hopeless of the situation and the sad ending made me a bit bummed out

(yet somehow didn't make me shed a tear? Kid me must've been hardcore. :lol: ).

It didn't make want to leave the site though, I just kept going and explored more. Although funnily enough, at some point I never came back to Aryion

for years until I decided to make an account and starting drawing vore. I stopped visiting the site out of boredom or lost interest.

It probably doesn't count as "quitting" since well, I was never a part of the community or had an account. It's funny that this one comic didn't somehow

scare me away but just made me explore even more and in the end, I just said: "Meh, I'm kind of bored of this now. Later bruh! 8) "

On an opposite note, I did read a comic about a mom and her son. I don't remember all the details but the mom ends up eating the son at the end.

Plus, it was pretty obvious what happened to the father and the mom's just shrugs saying "Guess I have to move again! LOL".

Not the exact words but still. This one only made feel confused and kinda made me laugh. Like, why? What even just happened? Why'd she eat her

son? How many times has she done this? Has anyone not noticed? I think that was the point where I said to myself: "I don't think I like preds eating their

own family and friends." I don't hate this trope or anything but it kinda rubs me the wrong way...I liked the art though. :D

That's barely half my experience...which basically are really good moments but I think this comment is long enough. There's some stuff that I don't like

about vore but I think it can very fun and sometimes hilariously insane. :lol:
Hell yeah. (⌐■_■)

SilhouetteofKid
Somewhat familiar

Postby Celestia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:01 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:
Kink shaming is to take personal offense at a kink and using it offensively (I should know as I spun into depression because I was into vore and I was kink shamed for being a voraraphile and they were using that to directly offend me.) YOU NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT:
Kink Shaming: the act of mocking or criticizing someone's specific sexual predilections. I have not mocked it or used it as a specific point to offend someone directly, I have only said that I dislike human predators and it disgusted me enough to leave this site for a period of 2-3 years. This is what the thread is asking, so please, stop thinking I'm kink shaming for being disgusted by something and stating it. Yes I did say that about the real vore thing, and yes that does seem to imply that human predators is fake vore, but imho human predators is canibalism and canibalism is more serious than vore as it is something that can really happen. Human predator and vore depicting human predators is vore, it is just something that I find particularly distasteful and I am allowed to.

I have so far yet to say human predator fetishism is wrong, it is not as long as it remains within fantasy - its just difficult to keep it that way when this site constantly has threads about real life people as predators, or preys, or what have you. I'm also allowed to find this as distasteful.

Distaste is not kink shaming and if I was truely kink shaming I would be shaming myself as both me and human pred lovers both share the same major kink...vore.

here's the thing though, you SPECIFICALLY said and I quote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:I come back and not a damn thing changed, human is still the top pred here, I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy, but I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

Implying that vore involving human or human-like preds (humans, elves, orcs, etc.) isn't "real vore" and that vore involving anthro or animal preds is the only kind of "real vore".
THAT IS kink shaming because you're basically saying anyone that enjoys human preds isn't a "TRUE" voraphile into "real vore".
Celestia
Somewhat familiar

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Celestia wrote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:

here's the thing though, you SPECIFICALLY said and I quote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:I come back and not a damn thing changed, human is still the top pred here, I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy, but I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

Implying that vore involving human or human-like preds (humans, elves, orcs, etc.) isn't "real vore" and that vore involving anthro or animal preds is the only kind of "real vore".
THAT IS kink shaming because you're basically saying anyone that enjoys human preds isn't a "TRUE" voraphile into "real vore".
Eka wrote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:I just ignore as much as I can and go to FA if I want some real vore to enjoy

I am going to go ahead and say that this sounds like kinkshaming to me.

I just wonder why I came back, and why I can't leave again..

You should just leave. We been through this before. You are not going to improve your attitude. You shouldn't stick around. In fact I think I'm just going to go ahead and boot you if this repeat again.

I am going to apologise on both accounts for saying "real vore". The damage is done so the best I can do is apologise for this kink shaming. And Eka, I try to be supportive where I can as well, I live and let live to what I dislike and can do unbiased support and critique of stuff I dislike. I have a preference, and don't get me wrong I do love this community. 3 years later I come back, and you know what, I like the people here and don't want to offend anyone.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Eka » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:20 pm

Alright, let's move on.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Trollfacegesicht » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:44 pm

My only concern is when people don't properly tag their content. It happened to me quite a few times, that I read a story, enjoying it so far until suddenly something happened that I absolutely hated, what ruined my experience completely.
This wouldn't happen, if the tags were complete. So just a friendly reminder, please use more tags! Its not only to prevent others from "getting cought" by something they don't like but also to let other people FIND your stuff if thats something they are looking for :)

Other than that, I can't complain. Sure there is some really bad stuff ot there in terms of quallity, but so what? Just move on and maybe leave a comment to tell the creator what exactly you disliked. As somebody mentioned before, I rarely see any negative feedback at all (Again in terms of quality, not preference), how is one supposed to improve if he dosn't know, what's wrong?
Trollfacegesicht
Somewhat familiar

Postby Celestia » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 pm

anyway, back on the topic at hand.
No, there's never been anything that has made me want to completely walk away from vore entirely. there have been things that have irked me and pissed me off over the years, like an overabundance of unaware predator scenarios in my very niche interests (but that's just a personal pet peev of mine, you can like unaware preds it's just a turn off for me personally) or people improperly naming/tagging their shit to make it show up in searches that have nothing related to the subject matter I'm searching for.
like say I type in "Sandwich" in the search bar to find pics of prey being prepared and/or eaten in actual sandwiches but then someone decides to put "sandwich" in the title or description when it has nothing to do with someone getting prepared and/or eaten in a sandwich and the fucking thumbnail is super vague about what's actually happening in the pic! THAT pisses me off to no end and ESPECIALLY if it's a non-vore related pic that's referring to the threesome sex position and it's still tagged "sandwich"!
FUCKING NAME AND TAG YOUR SHIT PROPERLY SO YOU DON'T FUCKING TEASE PEOPLE! There is nothing worse than clicking on a pic or story and thinking you're getting something you wanted to see and then getting something completely unrelated to what you were ACTUALLY looking for that wouldn't have showed up in the search if it had been named or tagged properly.
Celestia
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion