Dangerous Professions in a Vore World?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Dangerous Professions in a Vore World?

Postby dragonjerky » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:34 am

So... I had a random thought today. It was about a possible vore scenario... It would go something like the following:

There exists a world where fantastical creatures exist and people being eaten isn't something that is terribly unheard of. A dragon, having tooth pains, decides to visit a dentist. Suspecting a cavity, the dentist proceeds to investigate. The dragon is quite large, and the only way to get to root of the issue is to enter the mouth. Sure enough, the dentist discovers a cavity. However, the dragon gets hungry mid-visit and decides to take this opportunity to swallow the dentist and make a meal of her.

That got me thinking: What everyday professions would be dangerous if we lived in such a world?

This thread is meant to be fun, so get creative with your answers!
Check out my gallery!*
*Warning: Check gallery description so you don't view content you don't like!
dragonjerky
Somewhat familiar

Re: Dangerous Professions in a Vore World?

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:12 am

Hmmm. Well, if anal vore was a possibility, proctology could be hazardous.

In a sufficiently advanced technology, however, both professions would rely on robotics in dealing with the larger carnivores. In a fantasy setting, magic of various sorts would be brought into play.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tyslan03 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 am

Waiters and waitresses become appetizers. Plumbers, electricians, and other repairmen become food delivery.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby Hereforvore » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:51 am

Any sort of hunter/gatherer role, out in the wild anything can happen, farmers could get caught by the same things that eat their animals, moving into a city, sewer workers and night patrols are perfect for anything lurking in the dark.
And then again, it might be common for dragons or whatnot to attack cities, devouring whoever they can find, so an army would exist to fight them off, usually by getting eaten themselves.
FOR THE EMPEROR!
Hereforvore
Somewhat familiar

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 am

Door to door salesmen and Jehovahs Witnessess would have to get danger pay.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:37 am

Kind of an obvious, video game mindset here, but mercenaries, militia, or anyone that kills/arrests for hire. Predatory monsters or animals and even humans or humanoids are abound in those sort of jobs.
Jayezox
---

Postby Paradox » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 am

I'd say Dentist... "Open wide!".... :lol:
Always think of the demis allowed to live among humans :P Some may have big mouths

Aside that, I believe Tax Collector may be a dangerous profession.
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby Bright » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:15 am

If the waitress disappearing rate isn't too high, I can imagine that the reamining ones would adapt to the situation so that the strongest/most suitable to the environment are the ones left.
Attachments
waitress muscle.png
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby LoneliestWolf » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 am

Food Delivery. Especially for Pizza.
LoneliestWolf
Somewhat familiar

Postby WorkInProgress » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:49 am

LoneliestWolf wrote:Food Delivery. Especially for Pizza.

Damn, beat me to it!
Standby for this WorkInProgress
WorkInProgress
Been posting for a bit

Postby WorkInProgress » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 am

I suppose any profession that requires you to work alone or at night. A high school/college janitor or cleanup crew would probably go missing amongst a bunch of hungry teenagers or even teachers.
Standby for this WorkInProgress
WorkInProgress
Been posting for a bit

Postby MeTheMe » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:32 pm

Bright wrote:If the waitress disappearing rate isn't too high, I can imagine that the reamining ones would adapt to the situation so that the strongest/most suitable to the environment are the ones left.

Ha! I like that comic, that'll keep the turnover rate down!

Let's see, if giant monsters and animals are a threat, anything on the sea could quickly disappear into a sea serpent, or giant shark, fishers, oil rig workers, luxury liners, etc.

Vets, if animals can eat people too, trying not to get eaten by someone's over eager dog, or pet monster even.

Prostitutes and strippers, being alone with anyone that could be a predator is dangerous!
Have a taste of my art if want! https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/MeTheMe

My Seeking RP Thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11807
MeTheMe
Semi-final Boss

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Anything requiring you to be alone, but if vore was a known about issue then as i always say, law enforcement is going to be on the case and when someone goes missing on a job it's not hard to say "oh our electrician hasn't called back yet, call the police and send them to the last repair job. A lot more people would be packing weapons to defend themselves as well. A gun, a knife to cut yourself out or avoid getting ate in the first place, a pipe, a wrench, a strand of leftover 2 inch thick wire under the seat of your company truck to beat someone in the face with as it's basically copper and rubber billy club, etc.

Basically any society where it becomes an issue of people getting devoured is going to adapt to deal with the offenders, or crumble if the problem gets bad enough.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DragonPrey3200 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm

This brings up memories of Human in a Monster World. Some of the jobs you could have in that story as a human was Grocery store item, dentist, test subject, and a couple more. 90% of the human characters you could choose from had a dangerous job, but considering being human in that world is life-threatening enough, even if you were unemployed, there'd still be a high chance of getting eaten. That story had a kinda bleak feeling. Fatal vore is normal and encouraged, humans are considered food(and so humans live in a constant state of fear of being digested). It was a great story, but also not a world I'd like to live in, honestly. Unless I was Kevin. Atleast then, I'd have some devoted protection. Nobody fucks with a 9 foot tall werewolf.
When in doubt, conquer Poland.
DragonPrey3200
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BizzareBlue » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Within my setting it's definitely the jobs that require you to go out during the night or enter someone else's home. Doing either of those doesn't just put you in a dangerous situation it legally permits other people to eat you. Out of all the possible jobs, late night traffic control is probably the single most dangerous thing I can think of for prey. Not only do they have to go out during a time when they can legally be eaten but they are inevitably going to end up annoying some predators. Turnover is pretty high in that job.
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby JustSomePrey » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:23 am

Fast food. The stores would probably sell crew rank employees.
JustSomePrey
Participator

Postby GBBG » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:12 am

Repo man :D
Writing a vore novel. Check out an excerpt over in work to be shared!
GBBG
Participator

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Lazy answer, but anything that requires you to go outside is potentially dangerous.
Kitsouille
???

Postby lalalalas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 pm

Room service and any kind of food delivery tops my list, followed by anything where employees will be alone with a client or their boss. That makes personal trainers, massage therapists, school tutors, and even uber drivers up for grabs!

How about competitive jobs? Coworkers and athletes could gobble up their rivals and I can imagine car salesmen are a hungry bunch!
lalalalas
Been posting for a bit

Postby minakotomoka14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 am

That`s just not a world I`d want to live in.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion