Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What's your gender preference of preds?

Female
50%
Male
30%
Neither
1%
Either
19%

Total votes : 149

Re: What's your gender preference of preds (and why)?

Postby Pippit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 am

I go for guys, because I'm gay and that's my deal. Of course, I'm also a really small guy so I already get pretty excited thinking of a big, strong, muscular god letting me worship him. So, micro/macro and m/m is the way to go for me~~ Though I'll take m/f too, because the pred is the most important part for me.
Pippit
New to the forum

Postby Avereth » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 am

Almost all the time my preference is male. The reason being that if I want to imagine myself in the role of that predator, it needs to be the same gender as me.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: The Savannah, resting as a meerkat squirms inside me

Postby jaggedjagd » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:01 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Siuddithsi » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:32 pm

I answered "either" because I'm usually the pred, and as such I prefer female (or whatever the term is now for female based herms or CD or whatever) prey but my character's gender makes no difference.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:36 pm

Seconding the idea that the gender being one of three options is less than valid, but I digress.

A girl, is a girl, is a girl to me, regardless of genitalia, but as far as my preferences for the lady preds, masculine attire is a no-go; dresses, skirts, blouses or tunics, high heels and a pretty face are a definite must. Femininity.

However, that applies to sentient predators, like humanoid predators. As far as non-sentient preds go, such as crocodiles, snakes, whales, and so on, gender means next to nothing because it isn't like the animal is going to try to fuck me or anything.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby Cowrie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:48 pm

For me, the pred has to be female or a feminine-identifying herm. (I also object to the idea of gender only being one of three choices, by the by.)

This is because I identify as predator, to the point that attempts to put me in a prey position make me think violent thoughts. I'm a woman, myself, and I have a hard time identifying with characters that aren't largely feminine.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby EvangelineSkypaw » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Female, for sure. I find female/feminine predators intimidating, and yet at the same time, also slightly comforting in a way? I'm not sure how to describe it.

I'm not fond of male preds; one reason is because of how hypermasculine some of them are physically, another reason is them having a god complex/all-powerful animalistic personality/view kind of thing. And most males just make me uncomfortable, generally speaking.

I tend to view female characters as nurturing and kind, at least in some aspect. Endosoma with them would probably be pretty therapeutic for me. ^.^ I do prefer to know them at least as friends first, though. >w>
Affectionate nomming is so cute~! <3
EvangelineSkypaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:18 pm

I like girls as preds, and guys in the stories should try to defend the shrunken victims, and complain when the women in their lives want to swallow them. I guess that’s a role reversal, but that’s what I like and what I write.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby YoukaiChan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:12 pm

I exclusively like male preds in vore - the obvious reason being that I am a straight woman who identifies as prey, so the idea of male preds is going to appeal to me more.
I do have OTHER reasons why, but they can be categorized more under "Why I dislike female preds" rather than "Why I like male preds", so I see no point in listing them on this thread. ^^;
The Incredible, Edible Catgirl is at your service!(Or...maybe not. D:)
YoukaiChan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: NOT being eaten by a dragon (*coughImeansomewhereinQuebec*)

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 am

sinsnail wrote:I'm also highly interested in why people like preds of a certain gender. I know the easy answer is 'it matches my sexual and/or romantic preferences irl' or 'it matches my gender irl' but that probably doesn't apply to everyone. Especially when there's a lot of complicating factors when it comes to things like traps or preds with no gender (like plants for example).

For me "'it matches my sexual and/or romantic preferences" hits me right on the nose. This is literally the only reason for my sex/gender preference for the pred in Vore. I find Vore to be intimate, romantic, and/or sexual, and males do not appeal to me in such contexts. I am simply not sexually or romantically attracted to males. I extend my preference to non-humanoid preds (sapient ones; I don't really care for non-sapient preds at all). So, even dragons and things like that appeal more to me as preds, when they are female.

I don't care what gender the prey is; probably because I don't have a very strong gender identity/expression in real life. I find either men or women to be equally relatable.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Wolfsage » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:48 am

Female! Female, only female and nothing else.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheDevilKira » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 am

Male, here are the reasons

1. I identify as pred so there's that
2. Guys are typically dominant
3. I'm bi , but I find vaginas gross, and boobs are just fat globs to me
4. Same as someone else said about being bullied by women, more so verbally and sexual harassed so it makes me irate to see them in a pred role to say the least
5. I find men's muscular physiques captivating
6. My heart is in Havana...lol OH NA NA NA
TheDevilKira
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cowrie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm

TheDevilKira wrote:Male, here are the reasons

4. Same as someone else said about being bullied by women, more so verbally and sexual harassed so it makes me irate to see them in a pred role to say the least

While you're perfectly free to enjoy whatever you want, I feel like your reason number 2 is a vast overgeneralization. I'm pretty sure there are just as many women who are doms as men.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Marco » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm

For me it's always female for humans, usually female for anthros, but males are allowed, and either for non-anthro animals (fictional ones included.)

As for why, the easiest one to answer is human females - I am not attracted to men at all, so I have no desire to think about being eaten by one, so it always has to be a woman. Anthro characters are in-between animal and human, but are a little closer to the animal side (I would say personally), so I do find some of them to have an attractive design, at least and/or could see my own fursona being attracted to them (it doesn't matter if they are attracted to him), the same way I like to be attracted to the human females that I imagine eat me, but I have found that some male furs have attractive designs as well, so at some point, I suddenly found that I like the idea of being eaten by them too, despite not being attracted to human males at all. I'm not sure why the gender of animals isn't important to me, but I guess it's because, as they're not humanized in any way from appearance, it doesn't matter if they are what I am attracted to or not, and it's more a case of "liking the look of the pred" rather than "finding the pred attractive".
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheDevilKira » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Cowrie wrote:
TheDevilKira wrote:Male, here are the reasons

While you're perfectly free to enjoy whatever you want, I feel like your reason number 2 is a vast overgeneralization. I'm pretty sure there are just as many women who are doms as men.

If I meant only just sexual yeah they might be around the same number, but overall I would say definitely not. Agree to Disagree.
TheDevilKira
Somewhat familiar

Postby Emi » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Male, just because I'm a heterosexual woman (prey):)
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby immortaltomato » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:58 pm

BelleJar wrote:There's multiple reasons I like female more:
~ I'm occasionally attracted to females (sometimes even more than males)
~ I am female so it's easier to identify
~ Females look better with a round belly (in my personal opinion at least)
~ Boobs

Agree with your last 2 points ;)
I also enjoy herms but, mostly female.
immortaltomato
New to the forum

Postby Seelane » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:02 am

Female pred most of the time with male prey, I also enjoy male pred when im imagining myself as pred(but only when male pred is not buff, fat or hairy and that the prey is completely willing and shrunken).
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lorelei » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:25 am

I like both sexes as preds and it is very dependent on which scenario and what kind of Prey (or more) it contains, so that I decide which gender I would prefer as a predator or which one I like more. In a male pred, there are always humanoid attractive women and girls as Preys. Probably because I am hetero myself and in my Vore scenarios it is also about eroticism and desire. In a female predator, just about any creature or gender can be the prey, where I love especially female prey with lesbian eroticism.
I would also say that female predators dominate and are more common and versatile in comparison to the male hunters in my fantasies. Definitely because I love Femdom and connect the power of devouring with the female sex more than with male sexuality. To my youth and childhood time I only had fantasies of female preds. The long-rejected male pred came just about 5 years ago.
Lorelei
Somewhat familiar

Postby DB1224 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Female for me. And let just say that it started with a mean of self-defence : males are generally represented stronger than female (in our culture and History), so my brain decided that is was a perfect equalizer.
It can also be seen as a kind of irony : the woman can give life through birth and can reclaim it through vore. (I'm not sure that irony is the right terms for this, but I couldn't find another word....)

And lets be honest, boobs are a nice things, and round belly on a woman is sexy.
Legally it's questionable.
Morally it's disgusting.
Personally I love it.
DB1224
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion