Should “gut sluts” be a term for female preds, or male prey?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Should “gut sluts” be a term for female preds, or male prey?

Postby GastricAztec » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:01 pm

I came up with the term gut slut to originally describe miniaturized prey that are about to get swallowed, but it just occurred to me that it could also be a term for a female pred. In your opinion, which does it apply to better, a female pred, or male prey?
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Re: Should “gut sluts” be a term for female preds, or male p

Postby Shadowslayer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm

I usually only see the term used to refer to female prey, though I suppose you could use 'slut' in a gender-neutral setting to refer to either gender (or intergendered characters like futanaris/herms/shemales) if you wanted.

You wouldn't use it to refer to a predator unless the predator was specifically sexually aroused by guts to a sluttish degree, whatever that is for you (which is more of a prey thing).
Shadowslayer
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kitsouille » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 pm

Seems more appropriate to willing preys imo.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Avereth » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:50 pm

I've always assumed it applied to anything that was completely willing to do anything needed to get into a belly.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: The Savannah, resting as a meerkat squirms inside me

Postby Jayezox » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm pretty sure it's for willing prey as well.
Jayezox
---

Postby Humbug » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:05 am

+1 to the "willing prey" definition, with the addendum that it's prey looking to get in as many stomachs as possible.
Humbug
---

Postby Gelus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:18 am

The term gut slut has been around for years, usually used in the connotation of willing prey, sometimes with the implication of them being overly eager but sometimes not [kind of like how sometimes slut is negative, but sometimes it's positive]. Thing is, in your writing or drawing or just thinking universe you can have whatever phrase mean whatever you want it to, as long as you acknowledge that -outside- of that people may have their own definition already.
Gelus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jidane » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:33 am

I wouldn't pin it on a gender.

Sure, usually it's used for females, but personally I feel like it's a gender neutral term since it basically describes a person with a seemingly insatiable desire to do or have something specified and/or a person absolutely desperate to be noticed and get attention (depending where you look for definitions of the word).

That said, I am pretty sure I have heard the specific term of "gut slut" in the community before and it's almost exclusively used for prey, especially (like Gelus already mentioned) the very eager, overly willing kind.
Jidane
Artist

Postby Furanz » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:18 am

I'd say it'd very much a "prey" term.
The use of slut implies either a girl or a feminine guy, basically giving the image of a feminine prey.

I'd see it as more of a general term for people who are food and only food. They are of no use to anyone other than bread and developed to be someones meal.
Furanz
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kooshmeister » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:32 am

"Gut slut" sounds like a general term for any prey, male or female, who wants to be eaten, or at least enjoys the idea.
Dr. Viper Hungers!
Kooshmeister
Participator

Postby Gutswimmer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:41 am

I've definitely heard the term "prey slut" before. Maybe a "gut slut" is a particularly willing prey who has a particular fondness for belly worship?
Gutswimmer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:53 am

I can't say I care for the term either way, but I can definitely say using it to describe female preds would annoy me a lot more than using it to describe prey. Something about verbally degrading the dominant party really takes away from the cheekiness that I assume is its main appeal, leaving it feeling a bit ham-handed.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gadalk » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Artemis wrote:I can't say I care for the term either way, but I can definitely say using it to describe female preds would annoy me a lot more than using it to describe prey. Something about verbally degrading the dominant party really takes away from the cheekiness that I assume is its main appeal, leaving it feeling a bit ham-handed.

100% agree on that. Though I can imagine situations where the pred would not be in control of the situation, I would certainly not consider it the majority of the occurrences.

I also like what Gelus said, because in the end, the only place it's happening is in your own personal universe, the main issue being that you have to share it (or not) with other people.
Gadalk
New to the forum

Postby GastricAztec » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question, I appreciate your input.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby KnightleyPaine » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:47 pm

In practice, I've used it 100% on female prey, though I agree 'slut' doesn't have to be a specific gender.

In terms of which it 'should' be applied though, I don't think this thread is the authority on it, or even has any remote say or impact. It is completely redundant in that decision, which will happen on it's own based on how it ends up trending regardless of what any of us say in here.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 am

In my personal opinion, I think gut slut should refer to either a male or female prey. I can't really describe why, cause I can't put the reasoning to words and make it sound like a legitimate thing, but that's just my opinion. I can't think of the opposite for a pred, but I don't think a pred would be a slut. Maybe it's just me, but to me, a "slut" is someone who wants to be on the receiving end of something. Thought that doesn't really make sense, as male sluts are usually the ones on the giving end. I dunno, maybe someone else can make sense of my jumbled thoughts.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Houyo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:17 am

A gut slut is anybody of any gender who is a slut for guts.
Houyo
???

Postby pendingdelete5vf735 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:08 am

Both ^^because both female and male pray can be little belly sluts :gulp:
pendingdelete5vf735
Been posting for a bit

Postby Borealis » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 pm

Like many here, I always assumed it was ultra-willing "Eat me! Eat me!" prey types, of any gender.

I wouldn't use it in my own work, but it's a fun enough term to describe ultra-willing prey I guess... As a prey, I could certainly give myself the label in a self-depreciating fashion sometimes, depending on the prospective predator of course :)
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Return to General Vore Discussion