If a man was shrunken, would animals think he is prey?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: If a man was shrunken, would animals think he is prey?

Postby Seelane » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:16 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:
blergle wrote: As our size is part of their recognition of us, scent and sound wouldn't matter. They are hardwired to eat small animals, and that prey drive is strong enough to even override commands from owners sometimes.

I must disagree. Especially with the part in bold; it simply does not agree with animal behavioral science. Saying that scent and sound aren't relevant is simply false. Scent and sound are major parts of how ALL animals recognize their environment, including other animals.

What keeps (most) predators from eating their own young? How does an animals distinguish between it's prey, predators, and it's own kind? How does a dog or cat recognize it's owner (as opposed to other humans)? Scent. Sound. That's how.

You seem to think that predators eat anything smaller than them, without knowing what it actually is. This is not the case for most predators; primative lifeforms like fish and amphibians do tend to eat anything smaller than them, including members of their own species and occasionally, they even try to eat their own natural predators.

Mammals, however, are much more intelligent than fish or frogs. They don't just randomly try to eat anything smaller than them. They A) Look at it, and avoid bright colors such as those displayed on poisonous animals. b)They smell it, to see if it smells bad, or if it smells like their own species. c)They respond to sounds it makes; a coyote usually won't attack a rattlesnake, because it knows that the sound means it's dangerous.

People often keep small animals and large animals as pets in the same home. If you were right about how animals work, large dogs would ALWAYS eat cats, rodents, birds, reptiles, and even smaller dogs. This does happen OCCASIONALLY, but it's quite rare if the animal has been raised not to attack other pets. It knows it shouldn't eat the cat because it recognizes the smell, sound, and appearance of the cat.

So, in this hypothetical, fantasy scenario where a human was shrunk down to a small size, suggesting that his pets would mindlessly try to eat him based on size alone is utterly ludicrous. It ignores the basic social habits of most mammals; they sniff, they listen, and they recognize other individual animals of different species.

Unless your pet is a frog or a fish, it's not "hardwired" to eat small animals. Even reptiles and birds are more complex than that, although much less so than mammals. Predatory animals have instincts, yes, but those instincts coexist and compete with other behavioral motivations. They aren't just killing machines; if they were, they would probably go extinct as a result of killing all their offspring and attacking dangerous prey (such as rattlesnakes). Not to mention that keeping pets of different species would be *literally impossible* because they would kill one another.

The fact that you can have a Chihuahua, a great dane, and a cat with kittens in the same home without them killing each other should be proof enough that animal behavior is more complex than simply "big things always kill smaller things."

(Also, some animals actually prey on things that are bigger than they are. Ever seen a lioness kill a water buffalo? A python eat a crocodile? Piranhas eat a cow? Size is not the primary or only component of predation.)

A domestic may not eat you, but he will definitely kill you, everything that is smaller than them and move, the cat will play with it by scratching and biting it, which would kill a 7inch human. To prove it, just put your hand in front of a cat and move it really fast while veing lower than him. It will attack your hand.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Eznam wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:

I mean cats constantly murder small animals that they live with. It's a real problem. I don't even doubt for a second a cat would try to kill its owner. Dogs on the other hand, it's completely dependent on the breed and if they get hungry. I'm sure some breeds would have you be "that thing it was eating you tried to pull out of its mouth and it just swallowed faster" after like... a day of being tiny and foodless. And that's a fact, it's recorded that animals only wait a little bit of time before they eat their owner when they get hungry.

Also you're acting like a quarter of this thread *wouldn't* actively try to get gobbled "on accident".

Dogs are too much genetically mutated and altered to try to eat a small human, but depending on the personality, it could accidentally kill you. But the worst pets would be reptiles(many reptiles eat their own babies) and birds, they would go full on genocide on us.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eznam » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm

linkever wrote:Dogs are too much genetically mutated and altered to try to eat a small human, but depending on the personality, it could accidentally kill you. But the worst pets would be reptiles(many reptiles eat their own babies) and birds, they would go full on genocide on us.

That's why the breed matters. Of course a chihuha wouldn't, even if you ignore the fact that you're still bigger than it when you're small. But huskies who are rambuncious andhard to train, they'd do it.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Some animals have very specific diets and aren't going to bother eating something they don't recognize.
But others - yeah, probably. There's a lot of animals out there who'll eat their own young if they get the opportunity, so anything goes.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Eznam wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:

I mean cats constantly murder small animals that they live with. It's a real problem. I don't even doubt for a second a cat would try to kill its owner.

Trying to kill them is different from eating them. They might pounce and attack, but once they actually caught you, they might be put off by the smell because they would recognize it. It also, once again, depends upon the size. If you are like 4 inches tall, yeah, you are probably going to get killed by the cat. If you are like 10 inches tall, on the other hand, it's much less likely.

Eznam wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:

Dogs on the other hand, it's completely dependent on the breed and if they get hungry. I'm sure some breeds would have you be "that thing it was eating you tried to pull out of its mouth and it just swallowed faster" after like... a day of being tiny and foodless. And that's a fact, it's recorded that animals only wait a little bit of time before they eat their owner when they get hungry.

Well, yeah. You are totally right; if they are hungry and food-less, they would eat you. The OP doesn't/didn't make it clear that this is part of the question. I thought we were just talking about how pets would respond if you suddenly shrunk, not how they would act if they were *staring* and you suddenly shrunk.

Eznam wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:
Also you're acting like a quarter of this thread *wouldn't* actively try to get gobbled "on accident".

No, I just don't think it's relevant. This thread is a hypothetical what-if thread about how the animals would act if this scenario occurred, not how the person would react. I mean, I personally am *prey* oriented myself, but the question wasn't about if I would want to be eaten, it's about if the animal would want to eat me.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eznam » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:Trying to kill them is different from eating them. They might pounce and attack, but once they actually caught you, they might be put off by the smell because they would recognize it. It also, once again, depends upon the size. If you are like 4 inches tall, yeah, you are probably going to get killed by the cat. If you are like 10 inches tall, on the other hand, it's much less likely.

Well, yeah. You are totally right; if they are hungry and food-less, they would eat you. The OP doesn't/didn't make it clear that this is part of the question. I thought we were just talking about how pets would respond if you suddenly shrunk, not how they would act if they were *staring* and you suddenly shrunk.

No, I just don't think it's relevant. This thread is a hypothetical what-if thread about how the animals would act if this scenario occurred, not how the person would react. I mean, I personally am *prey* oriented myself, but the question wasn't about if I would want to be eaten, it's about if the animal would want to eat me.

Cats do eat what they catch. Like pretty frequently even. Sometimes they bring it back as a prize. Sometimes they just leave it for dead. If they were to attack you, there's a good chance you'd be a prize, either in the litter box or on the porch, because you got caught in the house. Also I presumed since this is a vore scenario that we're going with a size where you can get gobbled without chewing. So for dogs it's pretty much any size they've got a crazy throat for that stuff. So many owners have a story of something like "And then my dog swallowed the tennis ball whole". Cats is probably mouse sized, so 4 inches.

I didn't mean starving, I meant if they were hungry in the slightest, you'd look like a treat to them. Hell, if they don't process that you're a human because of your size, the scent won't do anything, they eat socks all the time and socks smell like your feet.

What I meant is that the people in this thread wouldn't be taking the precautions not to end up inside their pets, and may even agitate them. Tigers will attack people who turn their backs because it's instinct. I have no doubt your cat would fucking slurp that booty up if you bugged out. I mean you'd get batted around, but if you play dead, you'll get what you hoped for.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dele02b62862 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:43 am

Well many snakes try to eat humans they are bigger then like children and even women if they are larger enough. Plenty of animals prey on humans regardless of size. I'm pretty sure if its like any other prey they can take on an animal would try to eat it. I think this is true for cats to. The only animal I think would not hunt a human is a dog, they already like to make friends with smaller animals like my husky for instance. I knew a husky that would dig up ground squirells then try to get them to play. And if the human was some one they knew and had a smell they could reconize they would no doubt be confused but I doubt they would attack. That comes from my years of working and training dogs though
Dele02b62862
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:14 am

It's not just your scent that an animal would recognize. They would also notice the one thing that could even save you from a bear encounter, body language. If wild animals can be influenced by body language, it's not hard for a pet to identify its owner by body language.
Jayezox
---

Postby SAMGUTHRIEWRITER » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 am

The concept of shrinking..years away but probably some type of reptile
monitor lizards,maybe a boa constrictor and yeah I already did that
same concept in one of my short stories.."A LIZARD'S MEAL" and did
anyone see the movie "DOWN SIZING" and you would think some of
those down sized people would become prey for something, but no!

https://samguthriewriter.deviantart.com
SAMGUTHRIEWRITER
Participator

Postby Nazoc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:54 am

Not particularly. Us humans are rather bony and not terribly "meaty", hence why most animals don't eat us right now. A smaller human is even less meaty...
Nazoc
New to the forum

Postby SAMGUTHRIEWRITER » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:05 am

That is true and we are more boney than most mammals are for our size
but we do have fat on us and some more than normal>To not like chapping
on fat people but this means also chest area as in breasts,vaginal areas,
asses,penis and balls and well us men have man boobs and well some of
us do.Not to get gross and all..but these are facts and not a lot of the
animals kingdom have all of this.

You also have to realize that to other naimals as we are like rich chicken
and taste like rich and sweet meat to them and this is what i have heard
and read.. our big size makes it hard for animals to swallow us but a shrink
of humans,,like i said is a few years away would change that!
SAMGUTHRIEWRITER
Participator

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion