Are zombies or other undead necrophilia?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Are zombies or other undead necrophilia?

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:00 pm

So, this is something I have seen mentioned on Eka's and other adult sites when Zombies or other undead beings are mentioned. Quite often, the content will be jokingly, or not-so-jokingly referred to as necrophiliac. However, I can't help but wonder if it really actually is, or if this is just a common misconception.

I have read about necrophiliacs and seen interviews with them, and from what I have read and seen, they generally have very specific interests. Normally a large part of why they are attracted to dead people comes from the lack of response, lack of animation, and lack of power that dead people have. A core part of necrophilia, as I understand it, is the desire to have someone (a corpse) who cannot respond in any way to your advances and to whom you can do whatever you please. The attraction to the actual rotting corpse is secondary, or sometimes even not present at all. It's all about the power dynamic involved, and the lack of human interaction and consent.

So, bearing that in mind, would attraction to the undead really be Necrophiliac? Perhaps in the case of a mindless zombie, but even then it's going to respond in a way which most necrophiliacs would find undesirable (specifically, it's going to try to eat you). In the case of sentient undead beings, I am almost certain that it would not count as necrophilia in the conventional sense. Take, for example, the forsaken from Warcraft, or Rottytops from Shantae, or even Liv from the iZombie comics. These are all characters who have minds, opinions, and free will. They could and would resist sexual assault, and could theoretically consent to or even request sexual encounters (I say theorhetically because I'm not sure if Rottytops is actually over the age of consent; the other examples certainly could consent). They would also interact with you in much the same way as anyone else; they would go about their day, seek out entertainment, groom themselves, dress themselves, and generally act like normal people in many regards. In essence, it would be the same as any other relationship, except that your partner would be *physically* dead and decaying. That normally isn't the aspect of dead people that most necrophiliacs are attracted too, so I don't think it would really be necrophiliac? Most necrophiliacs want an object that they can use whenever they want, not an actual person that has it's own life and desires. They aren't looking for romance and complex relationships in most cases.

I thought I would ask this here since Eka's is a very tolerant and inclusive community that allows most sexual fetishes to be expressed and discusses. Many other forums would ban me for even asking this sort of question, but I figured that here, it might actually provoke thoughtful and respectful discussion.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Are zombies or other undead necrophilia?

Postby Fairin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:11 pm

yes, while i dont speak for the community i'd say the general consensus is yes, vampires liches zombies skeletons fantasy things that are dead would fall under that category in my unprofessional opinion, maybe there's subtle differences in what you mean... in the example " i like vore!" could mean , i like being chewed up and eaten, digested and killed!, or what i actually prefer of the softer variety which doesn't involve me dieing so i can enjoy the fantasy again and again.

maybe your example as you stated.. inanimate dead things vs animated dead things vs sapient undead things.

whatever gets you hard/wet i guess. not like im gonna loose sleep over what you enjoy >:)
Fairin
Somewhat familiar

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 am

I dunno. I think undead are really fun, and have a real soft spot for romances involving them, but only if they're the "preserved at state of death" undead, not the "I have maggots and actively rotting flesh" type. Which is probably cheating, but you get what I mean. And by that definition, and the fact that the concept of even touching a dead body that has been dead for more than like, 15 minutes even a non-sexual way is disgusting to me... I'd hope I'm not classified as a necrophiliac!

Edit: Example of a favorite of mine in the "preserved at death" genre. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankarea:_Undying_Love
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gelus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:14 am

The specific term for undead is Innecrophilia I think. Or Spectrophilia for ghosts.
Gelus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 am

I would compare undead to necrophilia as cooking is to vore. Undead are not dead by definition kind of like how cooking a meal than eating it takes the whole "eaten alive" aspect out of vore and makes it no longer vore. I'm taking Gelus's word for it, but if an undead fetish is innecrophilia, that even gives that topic its own term and further cements it as its own separate thing.

However, necrophilia and an undead are related even if separate kind of like how cooking and vore are.
Jayezox
---

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 am

Jayezox wrote: I'm taking Gelus's word for it, but if an undead fetish is innecrophilia, that even gives that topic its own term and further cements it as its own separate thing.

However, necrophilia and an undead are related even if separate kind of like how cooking and vore are.

I would say I generally agree with this. Certainly related, but hardly the same thing. Should they use the same term? I don't think so myself. That leads to confusion and conflation, which isn't a good thing when dealing with sexual topic generally and especially with touchy ones that some people have strong feelings about.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:56 am

For me, it depends on the type of undead. If they're the Undead yet sentient, such as the zombie guy from iZombie, then no. He still has feelings, he still has emotions. If they're the Undead Hordes, Ala every other zombie movie and game ever, then yes. They are, in fact, dead. They have no feelings, no emotions, their only desire is to eat and expand the horde. They have no drive to reproduce, they have no wish to fall in love, they just want to kill, eat and move on.

In a fic coming soon, though not too soon, two of the characters are reanimated corpses who then turned on their necromancer, ate him, and remained alive and regained their sentience. The male, having been dead for, at least, two hundred years, is a walking, decaying corpse. The heat from the sun is constantly wearing away at his body and he has to feed, regularly, to maintain his form or he'll crumble and fall apart. The female is the deceased body of one of his descendants. She had only been dead for approximately a week, so the only issue she has is rigor-mortise continuously trying to set in and freeze up her body. To combat this, she needs only to feed and the sustenance gained from feeding, whether only on brains or on an entire body, will re-energize her and she can move again.

In both cases, nearly all forms of interaction is possible. They will both be able to eat their victims whole and alive, gaining even more energy during the breaking down process (she feels terrible about it because she was always a kind hearted individual). She will also be able to breast vore, anal vore, and unbirth her victims, though she can't digest them if she unbirths her victims. Breast voring, in this coming fic, will be more along the lines of "guy motorboats boobs, she hugs him to her, he gets absorbed by boobs" than "guy is sucking tit, tit opens into mouth and eats guy". Part of me just doesn't much like that version of breast vore. Unbirth gives her a near constant source of energy, making her almost immortal. ALMOST. She can still die if the spell reanimating the two of them is broken, then they re-die.

Small sneak peak into a later part of the fic... they will get "adopted" by a sorceress who is obsessed with any and all aspects of vore. She'll have cast a spell on herself making her just as immortal as them (if her head is removed, she dies), so she can be a constant source of energy for the both of them, as well as a constant companion. This sorceress tends to over do her own spells at times, exhausting herself and leaving her open to becoming a victim of circumstance. In come her pets and the two "zombies". Pets are five dragons, one of each elemental variety, three "Serpents" (giant snakes), two Boaras (giant boars), and around thirty giant Dire Wolves, all animals easily capable of eating her. Which they will on occasion. None of them ever try to bite her head off, she's their loving master so why ever would they want to, but she will spend quite a bit of time in the belly of one of her pets. Or in the womb, for some of her female pets.

I am considering, towards the end of the fic, the male zombie, who still doesn't have name, sacrifices himself for the female zombie, also un-named, taking a full frontal attack from a "Holy Spell" that removes the "curse" reanimating him, turning him to dust. I'm not sure when, why, or how, but it'll happen. Eventually. I hope. I just have to get around to writing it.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:18 pm

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:For me, it depends on the type of undead. If they're the Undead yet sentient, such as the zombie guy from iZombie, then no. He still has feelings, he still has emotions. If they're the Undead Hordes, Ala every other zombie movie and game ever, then yes. They are, in fact, dead. They have no feelings, no emotions, their only desire is to eat and expand the horde. They have no drive to reproduce, they have no wish to fall in love, they just want to kill, eat and move on.

Yeah, that's how most horror movies portray them. I can think of a few that don't, but the vast majority use mindless zombies.

Sometimes, they aren't mindless, just less intelligent than normal humans. I am Legend is a good example of this; of course, in the book it was based on, they were Vampires rather than zombie, so that might explain why they made them somewhat intelligent in the film. They were more like wild animals than traditional zombies, and they did have self preservation and group preservation instincts, as well as basic emotions.

It seems like fantasy features semi-sapient or full sapient undead a lot more than horror does. The undead in Pillars of Eternity, Warcraft, and The Witcher, and some of the undead beings in the Elder Scrolls and Dungeons and Dragons have various levels of sapience. The Forsaken from WoW in particular are very zombie like; they're rotten, they eat people, and they aren't super strong or fast, but they are also totally sapient and have religion, art, culture, architecture, etc. as well as being monstrous.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:28 pm

I agree that it's not necrophilia, but it is sort of related.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:24 am

honestly i wouldn't even consider "undead" things dead in the first place. they're clearly up and moving around with some kind of goal, even if it's just instinct... but there's a reason we call them undead. so no, i wouldn't count it as necrophilia because the appreciation of animated vs inanimate bodies comes from two totally different places.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Speedyblupi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Jayezox wrote:cooking a meal than eating it takes the whole "eaten alive" aspect out of vore and makes it no longer vore.

The definition of vore doesn't say anything about whether the prey is alive or not, it's just sexual arousal from the idea of eating or being eaten by something. I would still consider that to be vore if it's within a sexual context. On this site there's plenty of hard vore that involves cooking.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby zaccardo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 am

Love has many names.
I know there are very few places that offer similar bonuses. This is great! Just get skybet football betting bonus 2018. I can't live without this!
zaccardo
New to the forum

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Speedyblupi wrote:The definition of vore doesn't say anything about whether the prey is alive or not, it's just sexual arousal from the idea of eating or being eaten by something. I would still consider that to be vore if it's within a sexual context. On this site there's plenty of hard vore that involves cooking.

There is no definition of Vore. Rather, there are many, conflicting definitions of Vore. It's one of those terms that nobody seem to quite agree on.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:39 pm

I consider it so. They've died, they are corpses, regardless whether something is making them run around, so yeah, necrophilia. That's how I got my niece to get away from that Twilight crap, by reminding her vampires are basically corpses so it's necrophilia. The "eww" was very satisfying, but more satisfying was getting her to quit reading that stuff!
blergle
---

Return to General Vore Discussion