Idea to improve the "Seeking partner" forum.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Idea to improve the "Seeking partner" forum.

Postby PipsqueakHiiri62 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:27 am

So, the "Seeking partner" forum is a bit crowded and disorganized right now. Wouldn't it be better, and easier to use, if you could put filters up? For a very broad example, if you're a prey and you're looking for a pred, having a "Seeking prey" subforum filled with the predators posts and not posts from other prey would make sorting through and finding a good rp partner down from sifting through 10+ pages down to 3, and vice versa. But with a filtering method, if you have a kink you enjoy (say, anal vore), being able to filter it down to people who have Anal vore as a vore type they do would once again make finding a suitable partner much easier.

Tl;Dr: Add a filter mechanic to the seeking partner forum.
PipsqueakHiiri62
New to the forum

Re: Idea to improve the "Seeking partner" forum.

Postby coop500 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:21 am

That's probably something easier said than done, these are how the forums are set up, they'd have to like.... re-do the whole site or something, or have the seeking partner part on another site
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby TinyMouse » Fri May 18, 2018 9:03 am

Sounds like a great idea honestly, but like Coop500 said it'll probably have to result in a drastic site change/adjustment.
TinyMouse
New to the forum

Postby coop500 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:24 am

Oh it's a lovely idea to be sure but I can't see it being realistically possible
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Scrumptious » Fri May 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Like coop500 and TinyMouse said, I'm not sure how you would do this on a forum - especially one running the fairly rudimentary software of this one.

I do, however, think it would be a great thing to have an engine that allows you to find people with similar and/or compatible interests. It would be best if it was done through an online engine associated with the site, but not done within the forum, and certainly on a voluntary basis only. It's unfortunate, but because this is sexual in nature, and many people (mostly men) were not raised to have their manners exceed their sex drives. That means that a number of people who were shown to be compatible, would be inundated with attention, which would wind up being unwelcome.

The best alternative, I suppose, is to read the forum closely and pay attention to what people say. Take note of the people who say things that are compatible with your desires, and engage them in discussion through the open forum. Once they take note of you and establish a dialogue, you might politely inquire if they would like to PM. Making people work for it means that they have to put their juices on ice long enough to make an authentic connection with the other person. If they're not willing to do that, then they're probably not worth engaging with anyway.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Fri May 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Scrumptious wrote:Like coop500 and TinyMouse said, I'm not sure how you would do this on a forum - especially one running the fairly rudimentary software of this one.

I do, however, think it would be a great thing to have an engine that allows you to find people with similar and/or compatible interests. It would be best if it was done through an online engine associated with the site, but not done within the forum, and certainly on a voluntary basis only. It's unfortunate, but because this is sexual in nature, and many people (mostly men) were not raised to have their manners exceed their sex drives. That means that a number of people who were shown to be compatible, would be inundated with attention, which would wind up being unwelcome.

I think you just described the chat and roleplay rooms.

While exact filters on the forums would be impossible, splitting the seeking forum into pred, prey, and switch subheadings might actually be feasible. Much like how Second Life got it's own subforum for vore video games, you could have a subforum for just people looking for prey.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri May 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Jaxed wrote:
Scrumptious wrote:Like coop500 and TinyMouse said, I'm not sure how you would do this on a forum - especially one running the fairly rudimentary software of this one.

I think you just described the chat and roleplay rooms.

While exact filters on the forums would be impossible, splitting the seeking forum into pred, prey, and switch subheadings might actually be feasible. Much like how Second Life got it's own subforum for vore video games, you could have a subforum for just people looking for prey.

But aren't the chat and roleplay more-or-less in real time? I haven't made the opportunity to head in there, nor can I say that I really noticed it much. I think I'd be more inclined towards developing asynchronous interaction, given life's demands.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rendezvore » Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Scrumptious wrote:But aren't the chat and roleplay more-or-less in real time? I haven't made the opportunity to head in there, nor can I say that I really noticed it much. I think I'd be more inclined towards developing asynchronous interaction, given life's demands.

Yes and no. If you've never been in the chat, you're only looking at RP options from one angle.

Some people do like using the chat to RP in real time, but many of us just go in there to look at hundreds of character profiles to do exactly what you are asking or just to be entertained by other RP. Don't be afraid, go on in! You may be surprised by what you find. Frankly, I find the Seeking Partner forum to be extremely inefficient and I have never used it. Lots of people are willing to meet up in the chat, talk initially about ideas, and then move the RP to something more feasible to work around daily life, like PMs, Discord, Skype, Telegram.. etc. Just make sure you are up front about that.

Plus, lots of profiles on chat have an additional Fetish List available to compare... with the wonderful Compare button! You just have to dedicate a few hours to setting that up over on http://www.f-list.net

If you need help using the chat, let me know and I'll show ya around.
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri May 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Rendezvore wrote:
Scrumptious wrote:But aren't the chat and roleplay more-or-less in real time? I haven't made the opportunity to head in there, nor can I say that I really noticed it much. I think I'd be more inclined towards developing asynchronous interaction, given life's demands.

Yes and no. If you've never been in the chat, you're only looking at RP options from one angle.

Some people do like using the chat to RP in real time, but many of us just go in there to look at hundreds of character profiles to do exactly what you are asking or just to be entertained by other RP. Don't be afraid, go on in! You may be surprised by what you find. Frankly, I find the Seeking Partner forum to be extremely inefficient and I have never used it. Lots of people are willing to meet up in the chat, talk initially about ideas, and then move the RP to something more feasible to work around daily life, like PMs, Discord, Skype, Telegram.. etc. Just make sure you are up front about that.

Plus, lots of profiles on chat have an additional Fetish List available to compare... with the wonderful Compare button! You just have to dedicate a few hours to setting that up over on http://www.f-list.net

If you need help using the chat, let me know and I'll show ya around.

Thanks for the explanation! Right after posting my previous post, I did look at it very briefly before I ran out of time and had to run off to work. It was indeed much more involved than just a chat. I really liked how you could sign in as different characters, depending on what you're in the mood for at any given time. I began creating a profile, but I need to go back over it. Do most people (to the best of your knowledge) have their 'own' identities as one character, and then other characters depending on RP/mood?

Next time I do find myself with some spare time and vore-urge, I'll certainly check it out further. It seems much more intriguing than I had guessed it would be. If I run into problems/questions, I'll certainly take you up on your offer.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rendezvore » Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 am

Scrumptious wrote:
Rendezvore wrote:
Scrumptious wrote:But aren't the chat and roleplay more-or-less in real time?........

Yes and no. If you've never been in the chat.......

Do most people (to the best of your knowledge) have their 'own' identities as one character, and then other characters depending on RP/mood?

Yeah, a lot like a multiplayer game. Most people will have a "main" identity, which is sometimes, but not always, the same or similar as their forum/gallery name (Mine is still Rendezvore overall) or it might be a character they enjoy playing a lot and end up being associated with (such as my main pred Chorl). They might have a character for OOC chatting or not in the mood (Rendezbubble for that. Don't poke my bubble or I punt you.). A lot of players also have a character dedicated to listing links to all other characters they own, called an "alt list" (Rendezvalt for that). It can get pretty confusing if you're not used to how people interact in the chat and call each other by different names than the name that is displayed.. Hell, after using chat on and off for three years I still have trouble keeping track of who's who! :wink:

And some players choose to be anonymous with their characters, which is a personal choice, but can cause occasional trolling. Doesn't happen a lot, it's just difficult to report harassment by multiple characters as possibly being the same player, so it's definitely an annoyance to watch out for.

On that note, you can have up to three characters online at once by opening three chat clients, but you're not supposed to interact with "yourself" in public rooms, nor use them to harass, as mentioned above, or agree with yourself to put an argument in your favor. Multiple characters is usually meant for leaving the extra characters in other rooms as advertisements, or to play with different partners at the same time, or for private use if a partner agrees. So, for instance I would not have Rendez, Chorl, and Whomping Willow interact with each other in public, but they can still be in the same public room talking with others... that is, if I was capable of managing that many stupid character windows at once. :silly:
Rendezvore
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Sat May 19, 2018 3:32 pm

Rendezvore wrote:Yeah, a lot like a multiplayer game. Most people will have a "main" identity, which is sometimes, but not always, the same or similar as their forum/gallery name (Mine is still Rendezvore overall) or it might be a character they enjoy playing a lot and end up being associated with (such as my main pred Chorl). They might have a character for OOC chatting or not in the mood (Rendezbubble for that. Don't poke my bubble or I punt you.). A lot of players also have a character dedicated to listing links to all other characters they own, called an "alt list" (Rendezvalt for that). It can get pretty confusing if you're not used to how people interact in the chat and call each other by different names than the name that is displayed.. Hell, after using chat on and off for three years I still have trouble keeping track of who's who! :wink:

Okay, I've created a 'character' with my current handle (Scrumptious) and avatar, just so that people can draw the correlation between my chat identity and forum identity. I'll have to think about creating a playing character, and I like the idea of having the OOC character page having links to the playing character (PC?) page and vice versa. On my OOC character I filled out the preferences (to the best of my understanding of the different settings), but I'm not sure how to export them to the visible profile, that I see some people have done.

I also poked around a little bit last night just to see what was going on without being too intrusive. However, it was late even in my PDT time zone (UTC-7), and there was very little activity.

Anyway, sometime when I have the time and it looks like you're there and available for chatter, I'll message you.

But today is not that day. :(
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm

PipsqueakHiiri62 wrote:So, the "Seeking partner" forum is a bit crowded and disorganized right now. Wouldn't it be better, and easier to use, if you could put filters up? For a very broad example, if you're a prey and you're looking for a pred, having a "Seeking prey" subforum filled with the predators posts and not posts from other prey would make sorting through and finding a good rp partner down from sifting through 10+ pages down to 3, and vice versa. But with a filtering method, if you have a kink you enjoy (say, anal vore), being able to filter it down to people who have Anal vore as a vore type they do would once again make finding a suitable partner much easier.

Tl;Dr: Add a filter mechanic to the seeking partner forum.

Generally speaking, if you're looking to ask for any idea to be submitted or a request to rework the site/need a bug to be fixed, etc, then you are better off to contact the administration responsible for editing the HTML and PHP of the website to add such features. Only the administrators can do such, but you should ask Eka and see if she'll accept your request. Ideas and such should be best recommended to the administrators who have full control of the website.

TL:DR: General vore discussion is for vore. Technical stuff is web issues involving the site's code and features (HTML and PHP problems/suggestions, SQL if site uses such as example). As in the FAQ of the site says, if you need a request to be fulfilled on the website or want to submit a idea to the staff, you should contact Eka and her staff via PM or email. You can find the info in the FAQ.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion