Scared by Super Buu from Dragon Ball

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Scared by Super Buu from Dragon Ball

Postby SonicV » Sun May 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Has anyone ever been scared of a vore scene? This may sound strange, but recently I rewatched the scene in Dragon Ball Z where Super Buu invades Kami's place, and turns 18, her daughter, Bulma, and everyone else into chocolate, and....it scared me. Seriously, I was watching the episode(which I hadn't seen in YEARS) like normal, when all of a sudden, my heart began to beat harder and I felt this rush of fear come over me as that scene played out. The screams in particular got to me.

I have no idea what this means. Was I traumatized by that scene as a kid? Or...or what? Has anyone else ever encountered anything like this?
SonicV
New to the forum

Re: Scared by Super Buu from Dragon Ball

Postby Hariken » Sun May 20, 2018 6:21 pm

Yeah, despite liking vore, I'm horrified of it in certain scenarios in media, and thusly avoid them. Buu is one of them, even his fusion stuff where he absorbs people, no thank you.
Hariken
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Sun May 20, 2018 7:27 pm

I find Attack on Titan quite horrifying.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Nobodyman » Sun May 20, 2018 7:52 pm

While Super Buu eating everyone on the lookout was pretty harsh, the scene that really freaked me out was the first time we saw Cell's absorption capabilities when he absorbed that fat rich guy.

And yes, vore, particularly hard vore, can be pretty disturbing for me at times. The Chimera Ant arc from HxH may be the worst I've seen.
Nobodyman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon May 21, 2018 12:42 am

^Yeah, when I first saw that Cell absorption scene as a kid, it scared me so bad I stopped watching the show completely.

As for being disturbed by a scene like that, that's the creator's intention so I guess it worked. I've liked Super Buu as a pred for a long time, but even I still find that scene pretty distressing.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Spilch » Mon May 21, 2018 6:22 am

I was always terrified of the T Rex in that SNES Jurassic Park game (the top-down one where you collect eggs and stuff).
Spilch
Participator

Postby SonicV » Mon May 21, 2018 8:49 am

Tetrahedra wrote:^Yeah, when I first saw that Cell absorption scene as a kid, it scared me so bad I stopped watching the show completely.

As for being disturbed by a scene like that, that's the creator's intention so I guess it worked. I've liked Super Buu as a pred for a long time, but even I still find that scene pretty distressing.

Although, you know what's annoying? The fact that just a few episodes later, we see everyone gossiping and having a nice time in the afterlife. I mean, yeah it's not the first time we've seen that place and it can be assumed they'd be brought back, but that emotional whiplash also takes away some of the drama, don't you think?
SonicV
New to the forum

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 pm

^That's a scene they added to the anime to fill time while waiting for the manga to give them more content to adapt. In fact, the actual scene where Buu turns everyone into chocolate and eats them is anime-original filler, too: in the manga, he just pops out, says he's hungry, and says he's gonna turn everyone into chocolate and eat them. Then it cuts to Goku calling him a dirty murderer and it all happens off-screen.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bowyer2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Both that scene and cell saga scarred me and I can't shake this awful memories in childhood.
Bowyer2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:20 am

I could only read parts of the manga because my elementary school library only had a few random volumes of Dragonball but I thought Chi-chi being turned into an egg and being crushed was way worse than being eaten.
Kitsouille
???

Postby FanficFetishist » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Kitsouille wrote:I could only read parts of the manga because my elementary school library only had a few random volumes of Dragonball but I thought Chi-chi being turned into an egg and being crushed was way worse than being eaten.

I feel like a jerk for saying this, but for me that was more cathartic than scary.
FanficFetishist
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby cranberryknights1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:05 am

I was traumatized by Cell absorbing Android 17 and 18. Made me really hate Cell as a character and I was heartbroken about it for awhile sense I really like those characters especially android 18. I got over it but as a kid it really messed me up. I much rather seeing 18 doing vore than having it done on her.
cranberryknights1
Participator

Postby FemmiK » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 am

I remember as a kid I was introduced to Dragon Ball Z via the episode where Cell absorbed the fat rich guy, utterly freaked me out for weeks. Oddly enough Cell's ended up one of my favorite villains in modern days
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:53 am

Not that scene in particular, but I can relate to childhood trauma from a vore scene. Here's a scene from a children's book read to me in 3rd grade when I was 9 years old. This thread is yet more supporting evidence for my theory that trauma plays some sort of role in developing the fetish.
Jayezox
---

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:35 pm

FanficFetishist wrote:
Kitsouille wrote:I could only read parts of the manga because my elementary school library only had a few random volumes of Dragonball but I thought Chi-chi being turned into an egg and being crushed was way worse than being eaten.

I feel like a jerk for saying this, but for me that was more cathartic than scary.

I don't like Chi-chi either but it's the idea in itself regardless of who is subjected to it. Turns people into food he likes and eat them? That's horrible but logical. Turning someone into food and then wasting them? That's unusually cruel.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Bowyer2 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:56 pm

Tetrahedra wrote:^Yeah, when I first saw that Cell absorption scene as a kid, it scared me so bad I stopped watching the show completely.

SonicV wrote:Has anyone ever been scared of a vore scene? This may sound strange, but recently I rewatched the scene in Dragon Ball Z where Super Buu invades Kami's place, and turns 18, her daughter, Bulma, and everyone else into chocolate, and....it scared me. Seriously, I was watching the episode(which I hadn't seen in YEARS) like normal, when all of a sudden, my heart began to beat harder and I felt this rush of fear come over me as that scene played out. The screams in particular got to me.

I have no idea what this means. Was I traumatized by that scene as a kid? Or...or what? Has anyone else ever encountered anything like this?
SonicV wrote:Has anyone ever been scared of a vore scene? This may sound strange, but recently I rewatched the scene in Dragon Ball Z where Super Buu invades Kami's place, and turns 18, her daughter, Bulma, and everyone else into chocolate, and....it scared me. Seriously, I was watching the episode(which I hadn't seen in YEARS) like normal, when all of a sudden, my heart began to beat harder and I felt this rush of fear come over me as that scene played out. The screams in particular got to me.

Dragon Ball Z android saga really scar me for life when I was a kid. Because of this, I avoid any show that have Male pred eating female characters because not only that I easily get traumatized, but I get this chilling and painful feeling, like a knife stab into my scar mentally. I hate that show with a burning passion. ThoughI'll admit that I'm more comfortable with female version of Cell and Majin Buu.
Bowyer2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion