Why do people start liking vore so young?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Did you have any interest in vore before puberty?

Yes
97%
No
3%

Total votes : 223

Re: Why do people start liking vore so young?

Postby RuffledFerret » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Most - if not all - paraphernaliac/fetishistic interest begins at an early age, though it remains merely an odd fascination or interest until puberty sets in.
Much of the scientific research concerning sexual behavior points toward prenatal neurodevelopment as a likely cause for an individual's paraphilia. More behavioral-oriented explanations claim that a paraphilia is "conditioned early in life, during an experience that pairs the paraphilic stimulus with intense sexual arousal." This could be due to some form of trauma or otherwise significant event.

I believe that my own personal "significant event" occurred around the age of four or so. My sisters and I would play hide-and-seek around the house, and one of my favorite places to hide was in the built-in laundry bin in the shelves of my bathroom. It was a small, dark, enclosed area, and I was often settled atop a pile of laundry when I hopped inside. I had a minor fear of going to the bathroom at a young age because, since the room was so compact, the sound of the toilet flushing was something of a condensed roar that filled the room. The noise frightened me, and my hiding place in the laundry bin became a "safe zone" to hide in until the water tank refilled.
So, observing all of the relevant sensations: the sound of the toilet flushing (a loud sound, perhaps a hungry monster or the gurgling of its insides?), the image of water swirling down the drain (the monster's maw being the toilet bowl, and the drain its swallowing throat), my fears (afraid, as a prey would be?), the dark and cramped laundry bin (the monster's stomach), and the soft surroundings of clothes and fabric (its innards), I like to think of these moments in my childhood as "not-so-traumatic" conditioning of an underlying fascination with vore.
And while this all may be a bit far-fetched, there did eventually come a day where my fright weakened, and this little "bathroom ritual" of mine began to yield feelings of...pleasure?
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby illirium » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:05 pm

I remember being into vore from a very young age, and this was definitely before I had any access to the internet, so 'new media' cannot be blamed. :P In fact some of my first exposure was from *very* old media -- think old-timey paintings with certain mythological themes and the like. Movies, cartoons, and books were involved as well, but honestly I feel like they were outlets to an interest that was kind of "already there," rather than the *causes* of my interest in vore. The fact that vore has been with me for practically my entire life makes me think that something deeper is going on than just seeing a single image or cartoon and being fascinated by it. But I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to the exact reason or means by which my interest in vore developed or why it might exist; I don't understand the human mind that well, and honestly I am not sure that *anyone* does. But I just feel like there's more to it than a chance exposure to something vore-like in the media at a young age.

In fact, I remember the opposite being the case -- from a young age, I'd look at relatively innocent content, and create vore-themed fantasies in my head based on it. For example, I had a children's atlas with pictures of animals from all around the world; I remember looking at it and fantasizing about getting eaten by some of those animals, even though there was nothing like that in the atlas at all (it was aimed at young kids, and definitely did not have graphic images of predation or anything like that. They were just plain, innocent pictures of animals -- and I turned them into vore in my head!) Some of the media that I remember fuelling my early exposure to vore was actually not particularly vorish at all in itself; it was my imagination that made it so, rather than the media twisting my imagination...
illirium
Somewhat familiar

Postby fieldmousse » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 pm

Wow, to be honest, I was expecting like 50-75% of people to admit to having vore interests at a young age. This is quite surprising.

RuffledFerret wrote:Most - if not all - paraphernaliac/fetishistic interest begins at an early age, though it remains merely an odd fascination or interest until puberty sets in.
Much of the scientific research concerning sexual behavior points toward prenatal neurodevelopment as a likely cause for an individual's paraphilia. More behavioral-oriented explanations claim that a paraphilia is "conditioned early in life, during an experience that pairs the paraphilic stimulus with intense sexual arousal." This could be due to some form of trauma or otherwise significant event.?

I'm not familiar with any other fetishes that are so common to develop at such a young age, could you maybe enlighten me?
While I think sexual trauma could definitely be a trigger for many, I didn't experience any sort of event.
I wonder if there's anything unique about vore that makes people more prone to developing fetishes rather than something completely absurd and unusual
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby masterofvore1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:52 am

I'm not sure it's because of seeing movies,internet,etc. the connection is likely remembered vividly because the pathways were already there,and it just took that key to excite them.
masterofvore1
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:42 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby avatar300 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:28 am

I’ve been into vore since I was about 5. I’m no psychologist, but I have a bit of a theory about how these scenes in cartoons connect to the whole dominance/submission spectrum (take this with a grain of salt).

I think that the predators in innocent non-sexual cartoon vore scenes often seem to exhibit the behaviors and facial expressions of a sexually dominant person. Like the way a cartoon dragon has that satisfied grin after they swallow someone. So maybe we see that look of ecstasy as kids and begin to associate pleasure with vore. Just a thought.
Check out my superpowered story: "A Powerful Hunger" (same size oral F/M, F/F, AV, toilet slave/scat-feeding)
Been posting for a bit

Postby RuffledFerret » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:12 pm

fieldmousse wrote:
RuffledFerret wrote:Most - if not all - paraphernaliac/fetishistic interest begins at an early age, though it remains merely an odd fascination or interest until puberty sets in.
Much of the scientific research concerning sexual behavior points toward prenatal neurodevelopment as a likely cause for an individual's paraphilia. More behavioral-oriented explanations claim that a paraphilia is "conditioned early in life, during an experience that pairs the paraphilic stimulus with intense sexual arousal." This could be due to some form of trauma or otherwise significant event.?

I'm not familiar with any other fetishes that are so common to develop at such a young age, could you maybe enlighten me?
While I think sexual trauma could definitely be a trigger for many, I didn't experience any sort of event.
I wonder if there's anything unique about vore that makes people more prone to developing fetishes rather than something completely absurd and unusual

I'm saying most all fetishes/paraphilias are more than likely within an affected individual's brain from the moment they're born, and they either "awaken" early on due to a significant event or naturally through puberty and external stimulation. Because all paraphilias, though vastly different in topic, are essentially the same thing biologically, their development surely follows similar patterns as well throughout an individual's development (e.g. a person with a foot fetish may gradually develop more and more specific, obsessive behaviors pertaining to feet throughout their life).

Trauma is certainly not necessary for changes in a person's behavior or brain, but there are cases where such a thing can occur.

And I can't say for certain. While I may be biased to say that vore is one of the more interesting sexual fascinations out there, it is categorized with many other types of behavior that develop similarly.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:34 pm

I think the root of fetishes isn't inherently sexual. Whatever makes vore sexually appealing to someone now might have still been conceptually appealing while they were young. Media wouldn't "give" anyone that fetish, only bolster or awaken it.

For example, in my case, the appeal of vore is probably a sense of security, but I've always liked blankets, even before I really paid attention to TV.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Tastymeat » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 am

I can not remember when Vore started for me but I was about 8-9. Although cartoons/tv shows played a part it kind of started with my best Friends sister.

I remember before being sexually active, she used to say to me 'you see this chip, well this is you!' and she would swallow the chip. we also played Loin's/ Zoo keeper games where I would fall victim in being her dinner.

when I became sexually active I used to masterabate thinking of her and her younger sister eating me and squeezing me out their back sides. Digestions/poo type thoughts followed and then when joining secendary school used to masterabate thinking of being lunch and dinner for the girls in my year and ending up as waste in the school girls toilet.
Tastymeat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:24 am

RuffledFerret wrote:Much of the scientific research concerning sexual behavior points toward prenatal neurodevelopment as a likely cause for an individual's paraphilia. More behavioral-oriented explanations claim that a paraphilia is "conditioned early in life, during an experience that pairs the paraphilic stimulus with intense sexual arousal." This could be due to some form of trauma or otherwise significant event?
<snip>
I'm saying most all fetishes/paraphilias are more than likely within an affected individual's brain from the moment they're born, and they either "awaken" early on due to a significant event or naturally through puberty and external stimulation. Because all paraphilias, though vastly different in topic, are essentially the same thing biologically, their development surely follows similar patterns as well throughout an individual's development (e.g. a person with a foot fetish may gradually develop more and more specific, obsessive behaviors pertaining to feet throughout their life).

Trauma is certainly not necessary for changes in a person's behavior or brain, but there are cases where such a thing can occur.

And I can't say for certain. While I may be biased to say that vore is one of the more interesting sexual fascinations out there, it is categorized with many other types of behavior that develop similarly.

That's interesting. Do you have some sources for that scientific research?
It strikes me that an argument for the pre-natal origins has to somehow account for why it happens in some individuals and not others, and why there is variation in the paraphilia, but still some very strong common themes. Why are foot fetishes so common, for example?

For my own part, I'm much more inclined to believe that these things are post-natal, the result of particular experiential circumstances of young childhood coupled with cultural conditioning. However, I am willing to be convinced otherwise by plausible evidence.

Birichino wrote:I think the root of fetishes isn't inherently sexual. Whatever makes vore sexually appealing to someone now might have still been conceptually appealing while they were young. Media wouldn't "give" anyone that fetish, only bolster or awaken it.

For example, in my case, the appeal of vore is probably a sense of security, but I've always liked blankets, even before I really paid attention to TV.

I am inclined to agree. I think there's a relationship between security and submission. The question, I suppose, for particular individuals, is where did that sense of insecurity come from?

Tastymeat wrote:I can not remember when Vore started for me but I was about 8-9. Although cartoons/tv shows played a part it kind of started with my best Friends sister.

I remember before being sexually active, she used to say to me 'you see this chip, well this is you!' and she would swallow the chip. we also played Loin's/ Zoo keeper games where I would fall victim in being her dinner.

Nice!! It makes you wonder to what degree these things are learned. Did you feel attracted to her before she suggested eating you, or because she suggested eating you? (Understandable if you can't remember.)
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:09 pm

RuffledFerret wrote:I'm saying most all fetishes/paraphilias are more than likely within an affected individual's brain from the moment they're born, and they either "awaken" early on due to a significant event or naturally through puberty and external stimulation. Because all paraphilias, though vastly different in topic, are essentially the same thing biologically, their development surely follows similar patterns as well throughout an individual's development (e.g. a person with a foot fetish may gradually develop more and more specific, obsessive behaviors pertaining to feet throughout their life).

I don'tt think we can ignore the nurture component of paraphilia development, i.e. I do not think people are born with fetishes and that they are awakened at some point. Most of the anecdotal evidence I have heard supports this. For example, it has been said that children who are spanked may grow up to like being spanked sexually. Human sexuality is incredibly plastic, we can mutate and change or sexual feelings through conditioning fairly easily (especially when we are young and undeveloped).
I would agree though that there is probably some biological component that makes certain individuals more likely to pick up a fetish later in their life.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby Marco » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:48 pm

I've been attracted to the idea of being swallowed whole and alive for as long as I can remember - and the earliest age I can remember is around five. I saw several scenes in cartoons, where somebody is literally eaten alive, and is often shown to be still alive, but in the stomach, as you know. I actually thought for a while that that was actually what happened if you got eaten - I even thought that it would be forever, like you would remain trapped in someone's stomach for the rest of your life, and didn't know about digestion, and I didn't even link what happed to food with going to the toilet, so I simply thought that's what being eaten alive was.

I honestly don't remember the circumstance of what made me think about it, but I don't think it even took me that long to realise that I wanted to be in that position, I wanted to be eaten, and forced to spend the rest of my life in someone's stomach (and yes, I did realise it was weird as time went on.) I also had another weird desire, which is harder to explain, but I'll do the best I can.

You know those episodes, or scenes that basically end with something happening to one of the characters - like something happening to them is basically the final joke of whatever the show was? There's various examples, but it could include them getting trapped in someway, and no one helping them, or disappearing in a magic act or whatever. For some reason, I basically wanted to be that character - I'm not even sure where that came from, but it just appealed to me - I remember specifically that I wanted the other characters to be girls, so I was basically the only male character, and I was always the one who was basically the victim of the "joke" at the end. At some point, and combined my desire to be eaten into this - so if I wasn't being eaten by one of the girls, they were still around to make some kind of "it's the end of the episode" style comment (basically a joke or comment about what just happened), or basically just casually get on with things.

Basically, I think there was always some kind of desire to be dominated by the pred, even back then - I just didn't know what it was, and even with the non-vore scenarios, there was usually someone making it happen, or at least not helping me. As weird as it sounds, I think I've always been like that.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:09 pm

avatar300 wrote:I’ve been into vore since I was about 5. I’m no psychologist, but I have a bit of a theory about how these scenes in cartoons connect to the whole dominance/submission spectrum (take this with a grain of salt).

I think that the predators in innocent non-sexual cartoon vore scenes often seem to exhibit the behaviors and facial expressions of a sexually dominant person. Like the way a cartoon dragon has that satisfied grin after they swallow someone. So maybe we see that look of ecstasy as kids and begin to associate pleasure with vore. Just a thought.

One of those things that was under my nose the whole time, but yes this could be a cause and makes perfect sense. It's very apparent in stuff like that Ferngully scene. I really think that vore comes out of a mixture of things that if you get enough of them, vorarephilia will happen. You don't have to be a psychologist to understand how the human mind works. You don't need to be a pHD to understand how anything works for that matter.
Jayezox
---

Postby nineplay » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:39 pm

I remember becoming weirdly fascinated with being eaten when I was five years old. There was probably more to it that's been lost to time, but I still have a distinct memory of seeing a cute classmate's belly in kindergarten and really wanting to be eaten by her for some reason.

In what appears to be a common experience I also greatly enjoyed themes of vore in cartoons and movies, at a very young age; my heart would jump every time a "special" episode would come on. On a related note, I also tended to like tomboy girl characters in media (maybe I thought that they would be the most likely of girls to actually eat me, if possible?). I actually lived next to a girl who basically fit this trope while we were kids and had definitely more than a few fantasies about her.

As I got a little older I realized that this is perhaps more pleasurable than most anything else for a reason. My immediate environment has always played an integral role in how this fetish developed and became augmented with more components; I wasn't really into feet visually or the idea of being stomped on by a giantess or something until I randomly found one girl's larger feet attractive, and I didn't really recognize my burp fetish until the same girl, interestingly enough, started burping regularly in class.

I'm very much into playful, dominating female preds, and in general have been more attracted to women younger than me (within reason of course) with easygoing and energetic personalities, so I wouldn't doubt some crossover between what I've come to enjoy in vorish fantasies and how my brain decides which girls are attractive at a base level as well. I suppose I've always viewed people considerably older and more reserved as fundamentally more responsible, which didn't mesh well with someone willing to tease and eventually swallow and digest me (as I've become an adult myself, that line has blurred). That would explain my massive preference when I was younger to create stories and sequences in my head involving peers that I knew from school, as opposed to seeking out porn online which obviously featured adults (little did I know, conventional live-action content wasn't the only option, long story short, found myself in a deviantART rabbit hole at some point, then here at Eka's, Writing.com, and so forth).

And I guess if you make stuff up long enough, that's one way to end up a creator in communities like this one haha.

But yeah, despite what I've been able to ponder, I'm not really sure why I want to be eaten, including all my auxiliary turn-ons. I've never told girls that I've liked about this because I always think they'd find it incredibly strange lol.
nineplay
New to the forum

Postby RuffledFerret » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Scrumptious wrote:That's interesting. Do you have some sources for that scientific research?
It strikes me that an argument for the pre-natal origins has to somehow account for why it happens in some individuals and not others, and why there is variation in the paraphilia, but still some very strong common themes. Why are foot fetishes so common, for example?

For my own part, I'm much more inclined to believe that these things are post-natal, the result of particular experiential circumstances of young childhood coupled with cultural conditioning. However, I am willing to be convinced otherwise by plausible evidence.

"The causes of paraphilic sexual preferences in people are unclear, although a growing body of research points to a possible prenatal neurodevelopmental correlation. A 2008 study analyzing the sexual fantasies of 200 heterosexual men by using the Wilson Sex Fantasy Questionnaire exam, determined that males with a pronounced degree of fetish interest had a greater number of older brothers, a high 2D:4D digit ratio (which would indicate excessive prenatal estrogen exposure), and an elevated probability of being left-handed, suggesting that disturbed hemispheric brain lateralization may play a role in deviant attractions.[24]

Behavioral explanations propose that paraphilias are conditioned early in life, during an experience that pairs the paraphilic stimulus with intense sexual arousal.[25] Susan Nolen-Hoeksema suggests that, once established, masturbatory fantasies about the stimulus reinforce and broaden the paraphilic arousal.[25]"
-Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia)

24. https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 007-9255-3
25. Abnormal Psychology (6th ed.).

Unfortunately, education is not free, as much as I wish it was. I also wish the summary on Wikipedia went a tad more in-depth with its explanation.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 pm

RuffledFerret wrote:Unfortunately, education is not free

I have access to Springer if anyone wants to borrow the article.
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby RuffledFerret » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:25 pm

fieldmousse wrote:
RuffledFerret wrote:Unfortunately, education is not free

I have access to Springer if anyone wants to borrow the article.

Oh, may I?
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Skittles209 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:40 pm

To directly answer the question. Lack of love, emotional support, or not feeling enough love? Wanting to be held or put to use? My symptoms are a side effect of society, much like a sociopath. Rather than being born this way, I developed it because I grew up feeling like I couldn't do anything significant with my life. To simplify and explain. I felt like I was just basic. Like in any game where there are numerous pawns, disposable pieces that would be traded in for the higher tiers of quality. I felt like one of those trade-in pawns. Not so much useless but whenever I receive praise,I would brush it off the close myself off from the rest. I do not deserve praise, because if I could do it. Anyone could and easily surpass me. It is not my fault that those around me rather snub off their duties because it is 'unbecoming' of them.

Went off topic. For those seeking sexual satisfaction, its a fetish. For those that feel nothing for it, or something more akin to the same feelings associated with ASMR. It's possibly just some sort of psychological adrenaline high deal. That's as far as my knowledge and education goes. So sorry.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby Raiza » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:22 am

I think it's just something you discover you like. Rather than made to like. When I first saw a vore scene when I was five, it interested me. Hell, it may have been the first thing to get a sexual reaction in my life; considering my age. I didn't know what it was until I was 16, and just repressed the feeling anytime a vore scene came on TV. Like me finding an excuse to leave the room, so I could just ignore my reaction.

Now; it would be interesting to read research on the brain and fetishes as a whole. I'm sure more will be needed before any concrete answer could be theorized.
Raiza
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scrumptious » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 am

RuffledFerret wrote:"The causes of paraphilic sexual preferences in people are unclear, although a growing body of research points to a possible prenatal neurodevelopmental correlation. A 2008 study analyzing the sexual fantasies of 200 heterosexual men by using the Wilson Sex Fantasy Questionnaire exam, determined that males with a pronounced degree of fetish interest had a greater number of older brothers, a high 2D:4D digit ratio (which would indicate excessive prenatal estrogen exposure), and an elevated probability of being left-handed, suggesting that disturbed hemispheric brain lateralization may play a role in deviant attractions.[24]

24. https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 007-9255-3

Hm, curious.
Okay, so they're saying that - for men - having older brothers, being left-handed, and having a longer index finger than ring finger (on your right hand) are signs that you are more likely to exhibit paraphilic interests, of which they are naming homosexuality and pedophilia as examples in the literature review - though this research was done among (allegedly) heterosexual men.
While I suppose the correlations mean something, it seems like the direction of the paraphilia (among which, as I understand it, we don't really consider homosexuality anymore) is completely left unexplained.
While obviously individuals vary tremendously, and any exception does not necessarily disprove a tendency, I'd point out that I'm an only child (no older brothers), my ring finger is longer than my index finger on my right hand, and I'm right-handed. I'm not homosexual, though I will confess to having had an attraction to boys when I was young (<10) and still find boyish women very attractive.
The phrase 'excessive prenatal estrogen exposure' sounds to me like a dig suggesting that these men are perhaps 'too girly' because they've had too much estrogen, which has 'disturbed' them. The feminist in me is wondering if this is just some sexist garbage wrapped in scientific language, but I'm going to let the social justice warrior rest for now. Still, if this is the best that the 'nature' side of the debate has to offer, then I'd hardly say that the case is proven.

RuffledFerret wrote:Behavioral explanations propose that paraphilias are conditioned early in life, during an experience that pairs the paraphilic stimulus with intense sexual arousal.[25] Susan Nolen-Hoeksema suggests that, once established, masturbatory fantasies about the stimulus reinforce and broaden the paraphilic arousal.[25]"
-Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia)

25. Abnormal Psychology (6th ed.).

Okay, this says 'early in life' - so, not prenatal.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion