Favorite Vore "Archetypes"?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Favorite Vore "Archetypes"?

Postby belchingprincess » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Demanding bossy preds who have servants constantly feeding them. They don't do anything themselves cus they're lazy, unless a servant is slacking off, then the consequence is they become food as well, much to the individuals pleasure of course, they might even slack off on purpose just to get eaten. Could call this one "The Boss."
belchingprincess
Been posting for a bit

Postby xamdnaa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:52 pm

A lot of good ones, but I feel one type is missing:
Revenge pred: This type of pred hunts other preds out of revenge, perhaps a pred ate it's friends or family. it would probably be ruthless and may
either be hunting the one that hurt it and the others are just casualties or it's trying to kill them all.
it may either be caring towards other prey or it's cold towards them too, not wanting them to get in it's way.

Also, all of these just sound awesome :D
Humbug wrote:How about The Mystique?

The type of predator who sort of appears out of nowhere and is hard to read. They're often gentle or playful while remaining aloof. A lot of people make these types of preds giggle as if they know something the prey doesn't know, but that's not a prerequisite. They also often have hypnosis abilities of some sort, but, again, not a strict prerequisite.

An example would be Kaa, or the typical depiction of a kitsune from folklore. Fey creatures are good for this too.

RedBoggle wrote:I've got a few too:

"Cat & Mouse" preds would be a general term for preds that like to toy with their prey, physically or psychologically, because it's fun for them. Their motivations can vary from sociopathy to consensual foreplay to being a willing participant in the requests of their prey, who may be acting the part if that's the case.

Punch-Clock preds would mostly, possibly entirely, prey on others as part of a job. They can love it, hate it or feel apathetic to it, but their predation is how they earn a living. The most likely example would probably be assassins.

Cowrie wrote:This reminds me of another favorite of mine, albeit not one I find myself using very often: "The Mentor", an experienced predator that enjoys taking novice predators under their wing to show them the ropes, or even introduces potential predators to the experience of eating someone for the first time. Personality can be gentle and caring (to other preds, if not necessarily their prey) or more domineering with a tendency to tell novice predators stuff like, "Get on with it, already!" More caring examples often act as much as emotional support as teachers to new preds, comforting them as they struggle to cope with what they've done.

A minor variant of the mentor is "The Instructor", a member of a culture or species where predation is widely accepted who teaches younger predators as their job, or at least part of it, in a more formal educational setting. More likely to work with a group of students, as opposed to the typical mentor that usually focuses their energies on a single pupil. Because of this, they are typically more professional and less familiar in their interactions with novice predators. Also more likely to eat the occasional student, since there are always more, though this depends on the setting.

Chameleonette wrote:I don't see my favorite/preferred type on the list here, so I'll throw it in---

The Possessive Pred/ Single-Target Pred - As the name would imply, they become focused on one prey and go through whatever means they have to in order to get them, utterly consume them, and completely encompass them inside of themselves (whether fatal/digestion or not). Fear-play and betrayal work really well with this type of pred (also being driven by love or even rejection) depending on their relationship (or lack thereof) to the prey. They like to get to know their prey first and are often a lot less gluttonous than hungry preds whose focus tends to be just filling their guts. These preds can often be charming (such as gentlemen) or two-faced, luring their prey or be sneaky/unnerving like stalkers. But they develop an almost obsessive need to have their prey all to themselves and are prone to things like jealousy. They can either be patient and take their time cornering their prey or luring them or be sparked by an absolute need to have their prey at all costs and lose control until they have what they want. They can be anything from strangers to friends, coworkers, lovers, spouses----all sorts of pred/prey dynamics work with this.

stearwing wrote:You seem to have a lot of very, very hungry or very, very sadistic preds - may I introduce an alternate approach:
A predator who fancies himself a scalpel in a world where other preds are clubs - seemingly weak and fragile, but extremely quick and precise, far easier to hide and no less dangerous. Someone whose actions might never be found out and linked to any crimes, giving his victims no names and their loved ones no closure, creating no spectacular police cases, merely padding the disappearance statistics. The stuff of urban legends, not of running for your life from a very concrete threat.

Instructions to reproduce:
Eat very little compared to most of the preds you've listed. Pick your targets carefully. Plan ahead. Make it a clean kill and clean getaway. Dispose of your prey, if you need to, someplace their remains can't be found. Train between hunts, both to get rid of incriminating fat and to stay in shape for maximum efficiency.
Avoid any kind of emotional involvement with your prey, including any desires to "humiliate" or "dominate" them. Try not to steal from your prey, if you can. Hunt for survival, self-empowerment or, at most, the thrill of being able to disappear anyone you wish. Hunt regularly, but not every day. Move around a lot if you can. Avoid patterns, and under no circumstances taunt your victims' relatives, let alone the police.

In short, this kind of predator is a calculating killing machine rather than an impulse-controlled serial murderer. That's not to say, of course, that it cannot enjoy the hunt - but that enjoyment will not affect its behaviour while planning and executing said hunt.
"We humans are like puzzles...Just like the worlds continents..."
xamdnaa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 pm

I'll say that the "Romabtic" and "Lover" preds are my favorites, but I might as well add one.

"Home is where the stomach is."
A pred that, for one reason or another, cannot digest their prey, but won't let said prey leave their digestive tract for any longer than a day. They believe that their prey's world should only consist of their body. Either because of a misguided sense of protection for the prey, love, or just the feeling of power knowing they've turned a person into their own permanent snack.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:41 am

I'd go with the glutton. Sure it cannot describe the entirety of a character but most of preds I think about are motivated by their hunger as if eating was their bread and butter. Eating is a solution. For example, you've entered the lair of a monster? It could scare you off, kill you, keep you captive, or just eat you. The first thing that comes to mind actually. Or if they keep you captive and eat you only a month later, trust me, the pred imagined you in its tummy the very second it saw you.

I quite like gluttons.
Kitsouille
???

Postby Indighost » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:29 am

smog1 wrote:The Milf Pred

A pred who, is swallows her whole family or swallows he
She can be a glutton, a shy woman, kind and gentle, even very dominant but importantly, she is very motherly. Even when said mature pred lady is in a relationship with a younger guy, she will still act like she is HIS mother.

This is my favorite. I love playing as this type of pred, for any gender/species prey.
Indighost
---

Postby xamdnaa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Just thought of another one, but this time for prey:

"Traitor" prey:
A prey that befriends or even falls in love with a pred. It may accept that the pred needs to eat other beings to survive, unless the pred goes after the prey's own kind. It may try to convince other prey that the pred isn't that bad or misunderstood.
It's not necessarily malicious, it may just believe that it may be able to change the pred to atleast lessen it's hunting.

If anyone has a better idea for a name of this type of prey, let me know.
xamdnaa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

xamdnaa wrote:Just thought of another one, but this time for prey:

"Traitor" prey:
A prey that befriends or even falls in love with a pred. It may accept that the pred needs to eat other beings to survive, unless the pred goes after the prey's own kind. It may try to convince other prey that the pred isn't that bad or misunderstood.
It's not necessarily malicious, it may just believe that it may be able to change the pred to atleast lessen it's hunting.

I'd call this "The Collaborator", personally.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

The collaborator archetype

Postby Indighost » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Prey characters that fall in love with, help and enable predators, and betray their own friends to feed them, are super hot!
Indighost
---

Postby xamdnaa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Cowrie wrote:
xamdnaa wrote:Just thought of another one, but this time for prey:

"Traitor" prey:

I'd call this "The Collaborator", personally.

Ah, that sounds much more correct, thank you :)
English isn't my native language and I still have problems with words even in my native language :roll:
xamdnaa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cowrie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 pm

xamdnaa wrote:Ah, that sounds much more correct, thank you :)
English isn't my native language and I still have problems with words even in my native language :roll:

I'm an English major as well as a native speaker, so I'm good at this sort of thing. Also, here's another archetype which, while rare, typifies one of my characters, and I've seen it a few other times: "The Paladin", a predator driven not by hunger or some primal urge to kill, but by their faith or something else like a code of honor. This doesn't mean they don't enjoy eating people, but the enjoyment is secondary to the root cause. Typically only eats prey of a certain type, such as one species or gender, but may be as general as 'all nonbelievers'. Often very kind, or at least protective, to those who aren't on their menu.

And, on another note, "The Vigilante", a predator who needs to eat people, but due to not wanting to harm innocents, seeks criminals so they can satisfy their hunger without guilt. Often sort of angsty, due to inability to get close to people without being tempted to eat them, or even just being sort of conflicted about even eating criminals. Even if not overly angsty, typically keeps their activities secret, either out of shame or fear of persecution. A minor variant is "The Monster Hunter", a predator often some sort of monster hybrid, that specifically targets dangerous monsters as prey.
Last edited by Cowrie on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby Indighost » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Cowrie wrote:"The Paladin", a predator driven not by hunger or some primal urge to kill, but by their faith or something else like a code of honor. This doesn't mean they don't enjoy eating people, but the enjoyment is secondary to the root cause. Typically only eats prey of a certain type, such as one species or gender, but may be as general as 'all nonbelievers'. Often very kind, or at least protective, to those who aren't on their menu.

And, on another note, "The Vigilante", a predator who needs to eat people, but due to not wanting to harm innocents, seeks criminals so they can satisfy their hunger without guilt.

Oh man, I love these! Those are the same methods used by 2 of my favorite characters. Such great reasons to eat!
Indighost
---

Postby xamdnaa » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Cowrie wrote:
xamdnaa wrote:Ah, that sounds much more correct, thank you :)

I'm an English major as well as a native speaker, so I'm good at this sort of thing. Also, here's another archetype which, while rare, typifies one of my characters, and I've seen it a few other times: "The Paladin", a predator driven not by hunger or some primal urge to kill, but by their faith or something else like a code of honor. This doesn't mean they don't enjoy eating people, but the enjoyment is secondary to the root cause. Typically only eats prey of a certain type, such as one species or gender, but may be as general as 'all nonbelievers'. Often very kind, or at least protective, to those who aren't on their menu.

And, on another note, "The Vigilante", a predator who needs to eat people, but due to not wanting to harm innocents, seeks criminals so they can satisfy their hunger without guilt. Often sort of angsty, due to inability to get close to people without being tempted to eat them, or even just being sort of conflicted about even eating criminals. Even if not overly angsty, typically keeps their activities secret, either out of shame or fear of persecution. A minor variant is "The Monster Hunter", a predator often some sort of monster hybrid, that specifically targets dangerous monsters as prey.

Ooohhh, I like both of those :D
xamdnaa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bradleymiddler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Okay, I don't know if something like this has been proposed yet, but let me introduce:

The Implacable Pred/Force Of Nature! You see them coming a mile off, but it doesn't matter. One way or the other, they will use their skills and guile to get closer and closer to you, no matter how you try to hide or run, they always seem to know how to get around any obstacle you put up in their path and always have more endurance than you do. No matter how you try to throw them off, they have some way to get back on your tail time after time. They rarely show up personally, perhaps only for jumpscares. But even if you escape them for a time, you can't get rid of the terrifying reality that they're getting closer and closer second by second. They savor your knowledge of this inevitability and might even drag out their hunt for that purpose, but one way or another, it doesn't matter how you try to flee, you're winding up devoured. Yum!

I've always imagined preds like this having institutional authority or societal approval of some kind, because it really accentuates the delightfully sexy paranoia.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Bradleymiddler wrote:Okay, I don't know if something like this has been proposed yet, but let me introduce:

The Implacable Pred/Force Of Nature! You see them coming a mile off, but it doesn't matter. One way or the other, they will use their skills and guile to get closer and closer to you, no matter how you try to hide or run, they always seem to know how to get around any obstacle you put up in their path and always have more endurance than you do. No matter how you try to throw them off, they have some way to get back on your tail time after time. They rarely show up personally, perhaps only for jumpscares. But even if you escape them for a time, you can't get rid of the terrifying reality that they're getting closer and closer second by second. They savor your knowledge of this inevitability and might even drag out their hunt for that purpose, but one way or another, it doesn't matter how you try to flee, you're winding up devoured. Yum!

I've always imagined preds like this having institutional authority or societal approval of some kind, because it really accentuates the delightfully sexy paranoia.

Take something like this, but let them stay under the radar.
You want a force of nature? Try something that doesn't need to directly reveal that it exists.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Bradleymiddler » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm

stearwing wrote:
Bradleymiddler wrote:Okay, I don't know if something like this has been proposed yet, but let me introduce:

Take something like this, but let them stay under the radar.
You want a force of nature? Try something that doesn't need to directly reveal that it exists.

Well, hey, no need to be pushy about your preferences. And half of this archetype's appeal to me is the sense of continually heightening tension, something you categorically don't get with the kind of pred you described, who just professionally comes out of the darkness and disappears as fast as they came. It's not unlike how thrillers (allegedly...) work, except the feeling is also delightfully erotic.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby stearwing » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:50 am

Bradleymiddler wrote:Well, hey, no need to be pushy about your preferences.

I didn't intend to be.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion