Imagining an ecosystem based on permanent vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Imagining an ecosystem based on permanent vore

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Been a while since I've shared any vore ideas, figured I'd go ahead and post one that's been on my mind lately. This would make for an interesting model especially for long term vore fans.

It would be interesting to see a setup in which predators hunt and eat prey out of necessity... however not to digest their body, but for another benefit which the prey can only provide while alive. It can be either something physical, something mental, or some form of energy... only two rules need to be followed: The prey provides something the predator needs or wants badly, and the prey can only provide it as they're alive and relatively unharmed. Predators need to have at least one prey in their stomach at all times to satisfy this requirement... if they don't they're either weakened or unable to survive for long. The prey may either provide the requirement indefinitely, in which case the predator's interest is to keep them forever unless they find a better replacement... or just temporarily, in which case the predator may either digest or release the prey once it can no longer provide.

To explain why I find this idea intriguing: In anything resembling a realistic scenario, preds hunt and eat prey out of personal necessity (eg: for food), few would ever do it just because vore is cool. Even if we're talking soft vore, this almost always implies digestion thus fatal vore. Being a fan of permanent or long term vore, I've been intrigued by imagining alternative ecosystems where endosoma could become a norm for any logical reason. Ones where preds still capture and eat prey because they need to and it's a part of nature, but what they need is something the prey can only provide while being kept alive. In such a world preds have to develop different abilities and compete to get better at different goals: Apart from being experienced in capturing and swallowing prey, they must additionally be prepared to keep them in for long periods of time without killing them, both by having a stomach the prey can't escape but also by convincing the prey that it's better to give in than to fight back... the later being achieved either by threatening the prey and telling them "do this or I'll let my stomach digest / burn / suffocate you", but also by getting the prey to learn to enjoy it and accept their new life. The most successful preds would be the ones that can simultaneously 1: Capture and swallow their prey effectively, 2: Keep them from escaping both through force and by convincing them, 3: Being able to keep the prey alive inside their stomach at all times. Preds would evolve or deliberately find new ways to be charming, new strategies to target the prey that benefits them the most, even comfortable stomachs that make anyone inside not want to leave again. Here are some interesting examples of how I see such a system:

Example 1: Some animal species would develop stomachs that can't function on digesting food alone, but must also absorb energy from the movements of someone inside. Their stomachs would be designed to offer prey the conditions they need to survive for very long periods of time (air, decent temperatures, harmless stomach fluids, etc) while also being inescapable, the pred also knowing to periodically eat food the prey inside needs to survive on. The stomach can further be designed to take away those conditions if the prey isn't producing enough movement periodically, for instance to release actual digestive juices if the prey hasn't rubbed hard enough for some time. Anyone who is eaten and ends up inside knows that if rescue doesn't arrive, they'll only be able to continue living by accepting this new life and rubbing the stomach walls of their predator forever.

Example 2: There is a world where magic exists, and it contains a society where members of an intelligent race fight to be the most powerful. However one can only gain magic energy by eating another person and keeping them in their stomach. The predator may only absorb energy from the prey as long as the prey enjoys being there and falls in love with the predator. Society would eventually be divided into two categories: Those who can charm others and convince them to accept living as their stomach slaves (eg: beautiful females that are hard to resist), and those who cannot rise to that level and may even only survive by accepting to be eaten.

I'd like to know what others think of this idea. In what ways do you see prey being able to provide a realistic benefit to preds while alive, creating predators who's interest is to perma-vore the most useful and obedient preys? How would such a world develop and work? Has anyone done anything interesting with such idea yet, like comics or stories?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Imagining an ecosystem based on permanent vore

Postby Bright » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:52 pm

This one has some good stories about a foodchain where no one gets digested.
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/jkssmtrfkr

Hasn't uploaded anything for the last 8 years though.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Ignoreme79 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 am

this is definately one of the types of vore I LOVE!! I always thought it would be cool to see an ecosystem where predators couldn't get nutrients from the plant life because their digestive systems were not compatible with it, but prey could easily digest and store energy in their bodies. Of course, the predator comes around and can steal those sources of energy from the prey over a few days or even eat plants themselves with a prey inside them to process the food. Though I'd personally prefer letting them out after a few days.

Heck, it could even be members of the same species and the consumption was also part of some mating ritual where the prey offered their stores of energy to the predator and the ones with the most energy got the best mates.

I'm just over here shitting on ALL of Darwin's theories. I'm a Darwinian mad scientist!!
Ignoreme79
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:03 am

Example 2 sounds awesome and I would love world building like that. My vorish thoughts usually involve intimacy and the whole thing being beneficial to both. Prey gets a hiding place from harmful predators, shelter, etc while the pred enjoys the taste and feeds on parts of the prey that are unnecessary like dead skin or extra energy and nutrient reserves. Those are just a few vague examples. Also, both predator and prey can seek someone compatible based on appearance, taste, texture of innards, etc.
Jayezox
---

Postby balanced-guy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 am

I feel like these kind of societies would buckle and crumble rather quickly, if you've got a significant and growing part of the population devouring the rest of the population. There would be just large numbers of people that would get digested for being unable to fulfil their predators needs. For this kind of setting, it might require a willingness to be eaten and provide energy for the predator in question? With succesful predators having numerous mates they can rely on and cycle in and out of their bellies?
balanced-guy
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 pm

balanced-guy wrote:I feel like these kind of societies would buckle and crumble rather quickly, if you've got a significant and growing part of the population devouring the rest of the population. There would be just large numbers of people that would get digested for being unable to fulfil their predators needs. For this kind of setting, it might require a willingness to be eaten and provide energy for the predator in question? With succesful predators having numerous mates they can rely on and cycle in and out of their bellies?

I don't think that would necessarily have to be the case: For one thing, there don't need to be enough preds to consume all the prey out there. If the preds are an intelligent race also, they know when to let prey reproduce so there's plenty of them to go around... it's why humans haven't slaughtered every cow on Earth but make sure enough of them are on the fields at any given time. Lastly there may be exceptions when the prey is let out after months or years, or temporarily allowed outside at the predator's discretion... unless it's truly permanent vore that would further prevent this issue.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:50 am

Just brilliant.
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion