What do you look for most in roleplay?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What do you seem to look for most when you're planning roleplays?

Male Prey looking for Female Pred
28%
Male Prey looking for Male Pred
9%
Female Prey looking for Female Pred
7%
Female Prey looking for Male Pred
11%
Male Pred looking for Female Prey
11%
Male Pred looking for Male Prey
2%
Female Pred looking for Female Prey
9%
Female Pred looking for Male Prey
9%
Something else entirely
15%

Total votes : 46

What do you look for most in roleplay?

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 am

I'm sure this kind of thread has been done before, but I'll drag up the concept again because, in an interesting discussion with someone, they said that they always seem to find a different set of roleplayers that are more aligned to female prey looking for male preds. I always seem to see an abundance of Male Prey looking for Female Preds in both the Roleplaying discord servers I'm in as well as the official forums, so I'm ultimately interested in what most people are looking for, and ultimately what demand there is in terms of other roleplayers. The poll asks what you are, and what you look for in RP's.

It'd be interesting to see a poll done with a large sample size to see how well the community is actually spread out.
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Re: What do you look for most in roleplay?

Postby coop500 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:34 pm

I usually play the male predator so of course I'm looking for cute female snacks for my hungry Lucifer~ XD (I picked female prey looking for predator.)
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby booleanTrue » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:39 pm

While I myself prefer being prey I know it's nigh-impossible to find female preds for RP that also like the same things I like so I started playing those preds instead. I still only like male prey though.
booleanTrue
Somewhat familiar

Postby Michael Palic » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 am

I don't look for genders, I look for ideas. I'm bi, so the gender of my partner doesn't matter to me. I'm also flexible so the gender of my own character doesn't matter either.
Michael Palic
Somewhat familiar

Postby Indighost » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am

I'm a female predator and I prefer female prey but will eat male prey because as the poll shows they are a cheap and plentiful food.
Indighost
---

Postby Gershwin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:21 am

I tried to go down the "Open to all genders" route but it just didn't work for me. This is a sexual fetish and I just found it super awkward to RP with someone who was also male, regardless of what role they played in the RP.

*shrug* everyone's different, but it frustrated me when male role-players would try to tell me I was "wrong" and needed to be happy with them as pred partners, felt it was pretty disrespectful to me personal feelings and preferences!

In the end a lack of good female RP partners turned me to writing my own stories and posting them here (which has gone down rather well it seems!) - so something positive came out of it :) I may dip my toe into RP again I guess, for the right partner.
Gershwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby slickwick45 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:53 pm

I like being both and gender doesn't matter much to me though most of the time it's a male. Would like to play with more female pred and prey to have some experience. More importantly than anything is some detail and effort. I don't mind a quick scene but detail is great during an rp.
slickwick45
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shirehorse7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 pm

I'm usually just male prey looking for either a male or female predator. I know most don't like prey only, but I have my preferences so only patience is on my side.
Shirehorse7
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jayezox » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 am

Filled in the male prey seeking female pred. However, I wouldn't mind playing something like a four man party where I play a predator and prey that interacts with the other person's predator and prey. The most important thing is their pred is female and no m/m stuff.
Jayezox
---

Postby PlasmaTech225 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:58 am

Oof, did the wrong answer. I meant to put that I am a male pred looking for male prey. Seeing as I'm a niche within a niche, I've come to accept all the nasty comments I get on my preferences and orientation. People here really need to grow up and respect each other.
PlasmaTech225
Participator

Postby metalvixen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:25 am

I chose female prey looking for female pred. But, I'm open minded and love trying new scenarios!
Always looking to RP! PM me!
metalvixen
Somewhat familiar

Postby minakotomoka14 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 am

I picked male pred looking for female prey. I'm almost exclusively female prey for M/F specifically, but since not many people like M/F, it's hard to find male preds who want to roleplay and can roleplay proficiently.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:00 am

Well im both for F/M and M/F. Also, next time could you let us pick more than one choice?
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WankersCramp » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:23 am

A bit of effort... I can't count the amount of times I have written a full fucking paragraph only to get something like "she nods" or "gurgle" as a response.
"You may fascinate a woman by giving her a piece of cheese."
WankersCramp
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am

To all the people asking about why can multiple selections not be made, it was done that way as the interest in the topic was what you look for most. While you may generally look for multiple different varieties, the most interest, even if only by picometers, is my main area of intrigue (that and I have no clue if I can edit the poll without wiping the results.)

WankersCramp wrote:A bit of effort... I can't count the amount of times I have written a full fucking paragraph only to get something like "she nods" or "gurgle" as a response.

At least that's something we can all agree on (Specifically, trying to write the same amount, if you enjoy quick to the point roleplay, power to you)
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Preface:
At the time of writing, the poll indicates that male prey seeking female preds are the largest portion of the population, at just under a third of the total votes. The poll does not currently include options for apathy to pred/prey role, nor for gender.

So the current results are interesting to me, as someone strictly and unrelentingly into F/F, who had thought that F/F would be the top result. I cast my vote as female pred seeking female prey, as though I can be a switch just fine, I tend to design characters who work better as near-solely predators.

Now, I only roleplay on the Space Station 13 servers Citadel and Virgo, where the "looking for this, this, and this, but definitely not this" part is handled by flavor texts attached to characters and all one has to do is find someone whose tastes match one's own and send them a local OOC message asking if they wanna get down. I was never unable to find another F/F roleplayer and I guess I had assumed that all the dude-characters breathing my air were there to fuck, eat, and get eaten by other dudes, because I sure as hell didn't read their flavor texts. I think the gallery, which I peruse far more regularly than I play SS13, also contributed to my assumption; it's been predominantly F/F as far back as I remember (although the others have seen much more representation the past couple years; good for the folks who like them).

Now, as to my personal theories regarding the results? I have two ideas, both of which are probably true to some extent which I do not know. I'll also note that these theories rely on an assumption I can't strictly prove; that heterosexual men are the largest gender/sexuality group actively participating in forum discussions on this site. I have no idea where I might find the actual site demographics to prove or disprove this assumption. I'm very specific in my group designation because this poll doesn't represent those who have no account here or don't make enough use of the forums with their account to notice/participate.

Theory One: A large portion of male roleplayers regardless of sexuality prefer not to or outright refuse to roleplay as women. It may stop there or it may even extend to a refusal to play with anyone who plays as a gender that is not their own. The reason might just be discomfort with the idea, or it might even be a disinterest in roleplaying as anyone but themselves, which inherently... yeah.

Theory Two: A large portion of heterosexual men care far more about the predator's gender than the prey's gender. Reasons why likely depend on what qualities and sub-fetishes a given het man seeks in his roleplay. For instance, one who desires digestion may desire a female pred because then, at the end, all that's left is the favored flesh. Not quite related, I personally have a feeling that there's some correlation between having strict expectations of which fetishes will appear and caring more about either party's gender.

Anyways, this is the kind of thread that interests me, far more than the dime-a-dozen "what if vore was real" or "who would you eat" threads we get so much of. Though might I suggest, since the focus of the poll is so narrow, that you rename the thread to "Who do you look for most in roleplay?"
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion