Artists nuking their galleries??

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Artists nuking their galleries??

Postby Skeksi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:22 am

Just saw the thread and even though I don't post often it made me want to contribute and share my point of view since I have wanted to nuke my gallery completely before. As a browser of art I do find it upsetting when art I like disappears from the net because I tend to have very niche tastes. It's what made me become a creator in the first place, to add to the rare amount of things I liked and hopefully make others happy as a result. I've never treated it as a profession, at the beginning I was absolute garbage at it (and from some peoples PoV I probably still am), I didn't enjoy it and what I did put out I hoped to get attention from it. Every time I felt like I was doing too poorly however I'd stop posting for a while until a sort of base level of confidence built back up and I'd do it again, skill wise almost from scratch. That went on for years until I started enjoying the making process and felt confident enough to do small commissions. I'd only have the will and creativity to do it in small bursts, so I'd still often go a while without posting to build it back up. All my interests were always emotionally driven so if I felt down or upset I'd stop or throw out art I was working on, it happened a lot. Plus what I made grew much more personal with me in time.

Fast forward to recently, I came close to deleting everything and just going. Circumstances happened and it completely killed my want to be social where I posted, and the only thing that stopped me leaving was I know at least some people like my content. I'd feel bad because I can see it from others perspective, suddenly losing content you like. Even though to me the only real enjoyment I got was the buzz of making what I liked now. Posting, comments, discussion or everything else was just an after effect of making something. I feel a little better about it now, happy to post stuff again but I would genuinely consider removing my stuff online if I ever felt truly repulsed or unwanted. Until then I'll never have the threat of work or life forcing me to take down my content, it can remain up forever and It wouldn't effect me less it was made illegal or something. The times I have taken things down is either by request or I found unsavory which is rare.

Ultimately I think for me and others like me who make personal stuff for enjoyment, things like this happen reactionary or a change in emotion. Some of our art is so personal it can be very difficult to even hit the upload button, and is very easy to look back on and feel that urge to remove. Could be a drawing or a whole gallery. Feelings come up of rejection or failure and you get so self conscious you want to back away entirely. It's not a snow flake thing and I certainly wouldn't want to be treated like one. It just can be more difficult for some to balance the good with the bad on the weighted scale of emotions. I won't blame anyone who suddenly removes their gallery out of the blue, whether they wanted to or had too. It's a terribly hard decision to make, even more when so much heart went into your content. So er, yeah. That's my feelings on the subject.
Skeksi
New to the forum

Postby GastricAztec » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:26 pm

MechaSharkZilla wrote:
SamuelOrona wrote:Writers do this too, there was a writer named MangaFan65 who wrote a shrinking story (without vore) called “When girlscouts attack” and he took down the story at each site he posted the story at. This is one reason people should comment on stories and art that we like, so we don’t lose another contributor.

Oh. Wow. That name is a blast from the past. I'd wondered what happened to that story. Even went hunting with the Wayback Machine and never found a trace of it, so I'd just assumed I'd combined a few other stories I'd read in my mind and was misremembering it.

Someone at Giantesscity found it, it’s posted there under the story requests sub forum, under girlscout story. There is a link to the story.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby go47 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 pm

SamuelOrona wrote:
MechaSharkZilla wrote:
SamuelOrona wrote:Writers do this too, there was a writer named MangaFan65 who wrote a shrinking story (without vore) called “When girlscouts attack” and he took down the story at each site he posted the story at. This is one reason people should comment on stories and art that we like, so we don’t lose another contributor.

Oh. Wow. That name is a blast from the past. I'd wondered what happened to that story. Even went hunting with the Wayback Machine and never found a trace of it, so I'd just assumed I'd combined a few other stories I'd read in my mind and was misremembering it.

Someone at Giantesscity found it, it’s posted there under the story requests sub forum, under girlscout story. There is a link to the story.

Which also segways into the often forgotten fact that when you nuke your accounts on the internet instead of it dieing it usually just means its free to the winds now. Like when Laptop nuked his DA account and someone almost immediately posted %60 of it on a new account. And at that point there is little you can do to curate it at that point.
go47
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:47 am

The sad consequence of a world in which some people care too much about what other people enjoy, while other people care too much about what some people think of what they enjoy.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Darksider110 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:10 am

Brohan just nuked his entire Gallery here and is still posting on patreon (which sucks!) I really liked his art
Darksider110
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:47 am

As an artist, I can understand the desire to burn your work. I don't do it, but stories of this happening go back to masters like Monet and Francis Bacon and Kafka. Sometimes it's because you don't feel something is good enough to represent your legacy. That's a legitimate reason.

But once you put it out in the public the public owns it in one sense. You can't expect it to not be archived and shared. It's an unreasonable expectation. It's just not how the world works.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dcvfgb1234 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 am

Lightness0001 wrote:Yeah, hard agree with jaggedjagd here. While I do like having stuff archived, I believe it's pretty important to have something of a 'right to be forgotten'. If an artist wants to drop off the face of the earth and take their works with them, that's totally in their right.
Indeed. Though for commissions and stuff you have sold things do change and get messy.
I've had artists clear their patrons while using systems where you weren't supposed to be able to download. If we are to get to the bottom of things then that is fraud as you removed a merchandise you had sold. (Though if there's a good explanation and there's good communication from the artist then I might well accept it as if I support somebody on patreon it's because I want to support them and if that ultimately means losing what I previously had then I could accept that, if the reason was good enough.)

MeltyCG wrote:To those saying they save peoples work. That is fine for your own personal stuff but don't repost it. Some artist who are in the industry can be fired over that stuff. If that happens YOU the reposter are responsible for that, and in fact you can and should be sued for that. In the US you are legally liable for damages, damages in that case would be if they had continued their contract with said company. If the contract is an ongoing one you could be looking at hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not to mention further copyright violation charges for each individual picture. You are not free and clear because something is not monetized. Be warned.

Commissions are a can of worms and it's quite likely that those companies actually can't purchase the rights to past commissions and also can't demand them to not be posted online.
dcvfgb1234
Been posting for a bit

Postby Filan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:45 am

MeltyCG wrote:The much stronger likelihood of the copyright mention is a company buys the artists future and previous works. This is very common in the industry. That would include vore art, even if that is not what the company is buying. When people hire artists they generally are not hiring them for their genre of work but rather their quality of work. While vore artists here do vore art most of the talented ones have ventures elsewhere other than this community. It is highly possible that any one of us if persuading careers by the industry are hired their gallery will be gone tomorrow. I know some artist on here that are rather um... how should I say this, famous, in certain circles. Names you might know even from television or comics or anime and the such. This place is full of broad circles.

I do not see how someone could own stuff made in the past simply by contracting an artist for a few current things.

I do know in the world of patents, Some companies try to claim they own the rights to any and all inventions made by employees including ones invented when the employee is at home and off the clock. If you want to work in R&D have to be mindful a bullshit clause like that may be in the contract when being hired. I believe their claim is that the employee is being paid by them and as such company money funded their project, Its really stretching but they have the big lawyers.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby Nornim » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:37 pm

I just save everything I like and honestly, I can see why an artist or writer may do it.

When it comes to sexual stuff, at least in my honest opinion, consumers of such material seem really demanding but not very thankful either asking for free stuff, stuff that caters more to them, or asking for more of that content without a please or thank you. The ungratefulness is something I see now and then but I'm not a contributor and more of a lurker, so this is just what I think could be a cause. I see this behavior from the games part of the forum a lot and that's honestly my favorite type of vore content that gets made, so I try my best to support it with the few dollars I can spare once in awhile.

I just wish people would be more polite and courteous to the people that contribute any sort of content for free on this site, maybe we'd get less nukes.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cowrie » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:43 pm

Kirah wrote:That's why I always save everything nowadays. Tired of artists nuking good work. Stopped following HungrySuccubus because of that, too. They had some really good older art pieces, but they thought it was trash and thus had to be deleted off the face of the Earth.

The mention of HungrySuccubus makes me think of another twist in this issue. A while back, a RP partner of mine commissioned a comic from her that featured my character. I didn't pay a dime for the art, but it still contained my intellectual property (wrongly credited to my RP partner, but beside the point). When it got taken down I was super-upset. I still have a sort-of copy of the comic, all the pages, but they're reduced in size and hard to read.
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Postby merlovinit » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:59 am

I would assume that one reason for artists to nuke their galleries is that they may feel like they haven't properly ensured their own anonymity in the future. If someone feels like there is too obvious a thread linking different personas they have online, they may delete their work to prevent themselves from being outed. I do feel like I've made some mistakes in the past to hide my identity, but I think I've corrected them well enough that I probably have nothing to worry about. It's always in the back of my mind, however.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Darksider110 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 pm

What if I'm in a country where I'm legally allowed to repost other peoples artwork?
Darksider110
New to the forum

Postby merlovinit » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Darksider110 wrote:What if I'm in a country where I'm legally allowed to repost other peoples artwork?

I doubt that you would be allowed to post them on Eka's. The site has it's own rules as well and I dont know which country this website is based in, but it would have to be legal in that country as well.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby jaggedjagd » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:37 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Darksider110 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Does anyone know where I can get pictures of brohans deleted gallery

I really liked his art
Darksider110
New to the forum

Postby ZRex030 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:
zerothx16 wrote:Artist should really ask themselves if putting their stuff out there as public is really something they want to do. They should know what they are getting themselves into before putting something so sensitive up. People here take themselves so damn seriously. This stuff is just for fun... or at least it should be.

That's a pretty high horse you're riding there. You gotta realize that art is something extremely personal for an artist. Especially art that is of sexual nature. Giving the argument "Well they should have known better." does not fly. That can be flipped very easily on you: "Maybe you should be the one smart enough to save the stuff you want beforehand."

zerothx16 wrote:I personally get really annoyed with people deleting their stuff.

Artists don't owe you anything. Unless you yourself payed for a specific piece of art, the creator can do whatever they goddamn please with their art. That's a fact you have to accept and get over it.

zerothx16 wrote:It doesn't matter how important or weird it is, it is important to not erase stuff from history.

What are you even talking about? Shit gets lost and forgotten all the time. Nobody's gonna keep an archive of every single bit of erotica created.

Jagged is right, it's disappointing on our end but it's ultimately the artist's prerogative to do what they want with their art. Stockpile what you like.

I'd also suggest you watch artist blogs to see if they're at risk for a gallery nuke- being wary of vore or being a bit down on themselves is a big risk. Those who do tons of commissions or streams are generally going to be safer.
It' pronounced Zee Rex Oh Three Oh
ZRex030
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion