Slideshow Player: Web based art slideshow generator

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Slideshow Player: Web based art slideshow generator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:36 am

I decided to also announce this project here since it's highly relevant. The reason why I created it was in fact to provide an easy way for people to create vore art slideshows. Unfortunately the system is not compatible with the Aryion gallery, as Eka hasn't decided to implement a compatible API just yet... if that decision is ever taken by the admins I will gladly add support for it as well, till then there are 3 other supported sites at the moment.

Slideshow Player is a simple tool that runs in your web browser, creating realtime image slideshows using sources from various art sites. Just type in a list of keywords and tweak the parameters, refresh the settings to fetch the image list, then hit play and enjoy your slideshow! The lower panel displays information about each image, such as author data and a link that takes you to the original submission page (when this info is available). The slideshow can be manually navigated as well as paused. You can customize the keywords to be used, whether NSFW art should be enabled, image count, the duration between images, and whether to loop or shuffle the slideshow. Sources currently include e621, Inkbunny, and Derpibooru.

Technical stuff: The core functionality was made possible thanks to certain art sites providing a simple and effective API, which makes image list fetching doable straight from the web browser. The script uses a JSON object generated by a customized URL that calls the site's API, which contains the data of every image matching the given keywords... thanks to JSONP support, this object can then be executed and processed locally. The rest is a matter of embedding images into two elements and using them to achieve the fade effect. The images are not reuploaded in any form, this is done locally by the browser similarly to browsing submissions on their respective websites. The player is also network efficient, pulling each image from the server only as it's about do be displayed... preload time is added to the wait duration so that viewers barely notice any difference while the next image is being loaded.

I started this project in the wake of Youtube's mass persecution against artists, which prompted me to move my videos to DTube and take other actions against censorship. A lot of people who created furry or vore art slideshows had their channels wiped out overnight due to trolls abusively reporting them and triggering YT's broken algorithms. This was in part my way of bringing those slideshows back, in an even better format which gives the viewer realtime control over each slideshow.

The entire project is licensed under the Public Domain license, meaning you can do whatever you please with it. It runs entirely in the browser so no server-side scripting is required: Just open index.html locally or place the bundle on any webserver and enjoy! You can currently use it from Github Pages and of course download its source from Github to fork the project:

https://mirceakitsune.github.io/slideshow_player
https://github.com/MirceaKitsune/slideshow_player
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Slideshow Player: Web based art slideshow generator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:38 pm

I couldn't let the month pass without having something good to show. Last month I announced a new project called Slideshow Player: A fully HTML powered tool which embeds art from sites such as e621 and generates realtime image slideshows. The end result is similar to furry / vore videos you find on Youtube, except it works in realtime by linking original image sources while giving the user full control alongside artist credits displayed in the interface.

Last week I implemented the final core component needed to obtain the desired functionality: Music support. There is now a new controller offering the user music settings, while music plugins use a similar API to generate a song list from sites that provide one. The image and music system are independent from one another, meaning both photos and songs are preloaded separately and can be navigated without getting in each others way... you can even disable images or music entirely and use just one of the two players!

Another major addition is dynamic latency prediction for the image loader. This detects the average duration of loading images, then decreases the recorded lag from the lifetime of the next image. The algorithm gives more accurate durations as it deducts the preload time that's silently added on top of the chosen image duration. For example: Let's say your slideshow is configured to switch images every 20 seconds. The player detects that the first image took 4 seconds to load, then sees that the second image took 8 seconds. The third image will therefore last only 14 seconds (20 - (8 + 4) \ 2) as the player assumes the following image will take 6 seconds to network on your internet connection.

Currently the only music source I could find that provides a JSON compatible API is CCMixter. Note that only a few music keywords will work with it, so if you get 0 songs when loading your settings try a few different words in the search field. If anyone is aware of other music sites that offer a JSONP search API (JSON with a "callback" parameter) please let me know in the comments below so I can add it. And as always, if you enjoy what I do, please consider supporting my work.

Notice: If you've used Slideshow Player before, the latest version may crash halfway through loading the interface. This is caused by an outdated settings object in the cache. Go to your browser's preferences and look for a "manage data" option, then delete all cache and cookies from the github.io source. Refresh the page and the player should start up.

https://mirceakitsune.github.io/slideshow_player
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Return to General Vore Discussion