How do people first get into same-size vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: How do people first get into same-size vore?

Postby Brazzel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 pm

Wow, I just got a blast from the past. I was in high school about ten years ago when somebody from my WoW guild posted a picture from Vorelord in our Teamspeak. A dragon had swallowed a slightly smaller dragon whole and was clutching its stomach. I didn't know anything about vore and, at the time, certainly didn't find anything about the dragon attractive but the concept of it got stuck in my head. It's a sprinkling of a stomach fetish and a sprinkling of a weight fetish and a sprinkling of a femdom fetish and boom, I'm making beer money selling stories about Fire Emblem characters swallowing each-other.
Brazzel
Been posting for a bit

Postby GastricAztec » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Brazzel wrote:Wow, I just got a blast from the past. I was in high school about ten years ago when somebody from my WoW guild posted a picture from Vorelord in our Teamspeak. A dragon had swallowed a slightly smaller dragon whole and was clutching its stomach. I didn't know anything about vore and, at the time, certainly didn't find anything about the dragon attractive but the concept of it got stuck in my head. It's a sprinkling of a stomach fetish and a sprinkling of a weight fetish and a sprinkling of a femdom fetish and boom, I'm making beer money selling stories about Fire Emblem characters swallowing each-other.

That’s interesting, I like hearing about people’s personal experiences regarding giantess and vore.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Brazzel » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:04 am

I think that fetishes, especially odd fetishes, are usually just piecemealed from smaller ones and the smaller ones are just things we obsessed over as kids. There was a pretty funny picture that somebody had posted on a forum where someone had asked them how they got to be so fucked up and their mind flashed back to all the cartoon moments that involve feet, inflation and vore. Something sticks during those formative years and BAM! You're a sexually confused teenager that has to deal with the fact that the light on your ceiling looks vaguely like a titty and that makes you wet for some reason. I can remember the moment when I first NOTICED that something odd was beginning to make me tingle, but I couldn't tell you what the building blocks are.

Like, Vore is a logical fetish for me because I have a thing for stomachs and tight places. I know that the first memory I have with either is A. When I hid under a mattress as a kid and the weight and confined space was oddly comforting and B. Some picture on the internet of a fat lady lying on a dude. At the age of eight, that wasn't a sexual thing, but it wasn't funny like it was supposed to be. It was curious. I wondered what that would feel like then WAPOW, I'm in high school and the only girls I am interested in have to weigh more than I dol. But why? Why did THAT picture pique my curiosity? Was that something ingrained? Did a wire get crossed in my brain?

Tons of psychologists have given answers, but all of those answers amount to pulling at the thread until you find the very beginning, so a lot of their answers are something along the lines of: You were not held enough as a baby --> Developed a need for physicality --> Realized that friends could provide a normal level of physicality, but they were friends and so that couldn't be the right answer so you developed a need for something more intense --> The intensity can only be satiated by something that affects the whole body --> Tony the Tiger, Senpai, Please vore me.
Brazzel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tastymeat » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:23 am

Birichino wrote:
Tastymeat wrote:Of course vore can be real! History has proved this and the obvious of looking online The reason I said I like 'Same size' is because I like it to be realistic. The realisum can still be fantasy. Just because something is realistic it does not mean it has to happen.

The Jeffery IT case, back in the day all those years ago was based on two guys carringing vore out for real. I obviously do not condemn any of this but just for the point, there have been cases of vore 'Same Size' happening in real life. Yes it was canibalism and not full body tour, yes that would be impossible, but was based with two same size humans, one eating the other who had a vore fetish.

The only kinds of vore that can be real are Hard Vore, which I personally feel is just more immediate cannibalism and so doesn't qualify as vore, or interspecies vore, which would include both same-size and size difference, but now we're talking about feral animals. So if you're talking about humans, same-size isn't realistic. You can't argue both that you prefer same-size and that you like it to be realistic unless you're talking about some kind of fish or frogs.

You meant to say you don't condone cannibalism, but there's still more to vore than just eating flesh, or all eating is vore. Besides, is it same-size if the pieces are all small? It seems like an intergral part of same-size is that the victim remains intact and must be eaten all at once.

I can see partly where you are coming from. I would however say that, as vore starts well before the eating stage, then the pred prey can certainly be same size. So this would easily be possible providing chewed up etc.. if same size but eaten whole then obviously not.

Hard vore has its place and is still vore. One does not have to be 'alive' in the pred to count as vore.

So, if we are talking about Soft Vore in humans, yes not possible. But same size human Hard Vore is possible.

Touching on your point - Correct I do not agree as such to canibalism, however, some cultures do still condemn it and perhaps under some survival conditions I would agree with it.
Tastymeat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:46 am

Brazzel wrote:I think that fetishes, especially odd fetishes, are usually just piecemealed from smaller ones and the smaller ones are just things we obsessed over as kids. There was a pretty funny picture that somebody had posted on a forum where someone had asked them how they got to be so fucked up and their mind flashed back to all the cartoon moments that involve feet, inflation and vore. Something sticks during those formative years and BAM! You're a sexually confused teenager that has to deal with the fact that the light on your ceiling looks vaguely like a titty and that makes you wet for some reason. I can remember the moment when I first NOTICED that something odd was beginning to make me tingle, but I couldn't tell you what the building blocks are.

Like, Vore is a logical fetish for me because I have a thing for stomachs and tight places. I know that the first memory I have with either is A. When I hid under a mattress as a kid and the weight and confined space was oddly comforting and B. Some picture on the internet of a fat lady lying on a dude. At the age of eight, that wasn't a sexual thing, but it wasn't funny like it was supposed to be. It was curious. I wondered what that would feel like then WAPOW, I'm in high school and the only girls I am interested in have to weigh more than I dol. But why? Why did THAT picture pique my curiosity? Was that something ingrained? Did a wire get crossed in my brain?

Tons of psychologists have given answers, but all of those answers amount to pulling at the thread until you find the very beginning, so a lot of their answers are something along the lines of: You were not held enough as a baby --> Developed a need for physicality --> Realized that friends could provide a normal level of physicality, but they were friends and so that couldn't be the right answer so you developed a need for something more intense --> The intensity can only be satiated by something that affects the whole body --> Tony the Tiger, Senpai, Please vore me.

That's an interesting theory. I don't want to dismiss it, because it's possible different people have different ways their fetishes came to rise, but I've always felt that they're more rooted in desired emotions, and only tempered with experiences. For example, BDSM seems to be common and popular with powerful men, presumably because the subversion of their usual power situation is an exciting deviation from the norm, and physical restraint or pain is the most obvious way an imbalance of power could present itself.

Vore for me worked in reverse. I started liking the idea of endo, and vore was the means by which it happened, and my interest in vore branched out into a fixation on mouths and bellies (normal midriff, not bulging vore guts). But I like micro/macro, as it makes the inside of the predator more of an "environment" than directly being held by them, so it's possible that your logical assembly theory applies more to specific categories of fetishists, and my branching core theory applies to others.

The psychologist have a decent methodology, at least. Fetishes are presumably grounded in concepts introduced early in life. If they're direct consequences of negative experiences over fixations people just get because brains are very complicated is unclear, though.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Indighost » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:31 pm

I agree with Brazzel. For me and I imagine some others, samesize Vore is a sort of party bowl mix of good fetish content and share-ability rather than a fetish in and of itself.

Main components are domination, belly fetish, stomach ache fetish, and total enclosure fetish.

I actually find same size kind of awkward--in all my roleplays I always do at least 1.5:1 size ratios -- but it is such a wonderful common shared fetish area with friends that it remains very beloved.
Indighost
---

Postby Dos » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:15 pm

Brazzel, I looked at your gallery and I can only find one fire emblem story.
Dos
New to the forum

Postby fixated1 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:32 am

Oh man. I mean, I am exclusively interested in macro/micro vore, but don't try to understand the appeal of same size. I don't need to. You like that thing? Cool.

I don't think anyone here needs to. The answer is always the same anyway regardless of macro/micro or same size or any other vore type. I like it because I like the things that make it up. No one ever knows why they like these things. No one's ever going to be like, "when I was a kid I saw a cartoon of someone getting eaten and that caused neuron 5,076,438 in row H73 of my amygdala to fire and made a connection to neuron 84,739,401 in column V543 in my frontal lobe." The answer is always I don't know. I'm into it because I'm into it.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 am

Reason how depend on what you find in vore attractive.
You could find same-size attractive like the others pointed out as a form of domination and entrapment of the prey.

You can also find it more attractive as the prey impact the pred way more and even more interactions between them can happen.

You could just be into same-size because thats how your brains made, no explanation.

You could also find the appeal in a way as to be more intimate(or romantic) between pred and prey and is like a way more extreme kind of cuddling or sleeping together. It can also give the prey a massage as there almost no spaces...

There are a lot of different reasons that can contradict each others. Also if your main fetish is giantess then it is normal that same-size won't be attractive to you.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:05 am

SamuelOrona wrote: How does someone first get into that? I don’t understand the appeal.

For me, it was an acquired taste. I was actually into non-fatal or uncertainly-fatal willing hard vore, which is very niche. However, when I came to Ekas, there wasn't enough of what I liked to keep me occupied, so I started trying new things. Fatal hard vore turned out to not be right for me, and macro-micro is fine, but for me it lacks the romantic, up close element I like in vore, simply due to size difference making "normal" stuff like cuddling, kissing, sex, etc. rather difficult. So, I just sorta settled into same size soft vore, and I got so used to it that now it's my preferred style.

Don't get me wrong, I still like non-fatal hard stuff, but it's also still incredibly rare, and once I got over the "lol how does that work" factor with same size soft stuff, I find that I can get everything I like out of hard vore with soft vore as well. I don't mind giantess stuff as long as the size difference is reasonably small; no more than double size for the pred. (I'm into female preds due to my own sexual preferences and identity).
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby smiley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:15 pm

For me, basically all my preferences tend to involve themes that lend themselves well to same-size vore.

First and most importantly: I want the preds body to cartoonishly stretch and bulge which is something not really possible with micro/macro.
Micro/macro also tends to create too extreme of a power difference between the pred and prey. While I don't mind a pred beign stronger than (or having some other power over) their prey. The differences in micro/macro tend to be a bit too much for me. However even if we had for example Wonder Woman swallowing a regular human: A scenario which has an extreme power difference comparable to micro/macro stuff. I can still enjoy Wonder Woman's stretching body there.
I do also have a thing for unassuming looking preds (characters which look like they should not be able\are strong enough to eat something their own size). Which is why I do enjoy (micro) preds swallowing much larger prey.
smiley
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:10 pm

I never knew vore was a thing at all until I found Eka's portal. I mostly liked hard vore, and thought I was really weird (still think I am, considering most people here only like soft vore, but whatever). This thread is pretty interesting for me from that perspective.

For me, I like vore to be as realistic as possible, so it will usually be hard, but it can be soft if the predator is big enough (I don't usually like "macro" predators, because of the square-cube law, but large animals are good, and other things can exist in fantasy contexts as long as the rules are consistent).
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:13 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:I was actually into non-fatal or uncertainly-fatal willing hard vore, which is very niche.

Oh, hi! I've finally found someone else who likes that! I like fatal and unwilling as well, but I do love romantic hardvore.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby GastricAztec » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:10 am

Speedyblupi wrote:I never knew vore was a thing at all until I found Eka's portal. I mostly liked hard vore, and thought I was really weird (still think I am, considering most people here only like soft vore, but whatever). This thread is pretty interesting for me from that perspective.

For me, I like vore to be as realistic as possible, so it will usually be hard, but it can be soft if the predator is big enough (I don't usually like "macro" predators, because of the square-cube law, but large animals are good, and other things can exist in fantasy contexts as long as the rules are consistent).

Giant people can exist if anti-gravitons are suspended in a sub-dimensional matrix composing the subatomic particles composing the atoms of their body. That’s the theory I use in my giantess stories. Their mass and size is greater, but their weight is equal to normal size people because of the anti-graviton particles.

They would have to come from a universe that was engineered, beings like that wouldn’t occur naturally.
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby TheDarkStar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:20 pm

anonymousexperiment wrote:The ideal size for me is prey 1/2 or 1/3 the height of the pred. Does that count as micro/macro or same size?

I'm pretty sure that still counts as the latter. I think it's only considered micro/macro if the size difference between prey and pred is really significant, like if a human sized predator eats a prey that's the size of an average hand or smaller.
TheDarkStar
Somewhat familiar

Postby CuriousOne50 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:07 am

I originally got involved in vore through the use of Macro/Micro. Specifically, 'fantasy potions', since in the general RP environments I interact in, they would have made the most sensible methods.

Same size first came about with the involvement of the 'large snake' stereotype.
Eventually, it evolved into the same size that we consider, between humans. I suppose it was a gradual escalation of sorts.
Mainly because of the concept of the larger stomach, the internal struggle (hue) of the characters involved, and eventually, the post-vore Weight Gain that would occur.
Won't lie, the weight gain was one of the major reasons why I came to enjoy same-size. Macro/Micro doesn't have the same outcome so to speak.
CuriousOne50
New to the forum

Postby Peptidase » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:40 pm

I was already into inflation, so when I started seeing pictures of big bellies caused by vore (on top of some childhood fascinations with scenes of characters being eaten implying I was already in to vore and didn't know it), it was a natural transition.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby Reaverbot » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:45 pm

I think it was because I'm mainly interested in digestion, and digestion is much more often done better and more vividly by same size artists and writers in my experience.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby linthia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm

First loved vore with same size endo... then with Karbo into macro/micro digestion, and slowly got into same size digestion because I loved the feeling about how the prey slowly melt and digest and it's visible from the outside.
linthia
Participator

Postby AnotherAnon » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:10 pm

One word.

Snakes.
AnotherAnon
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion