TIL StarWars has a canon race of vorish Naga-oids

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

TIL StarWars has a canon race of vorish Naga-oids

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 pm

I just found out about the Thisspiasian race from StarWars. I've been a StarWars fan for years, and somehow missed this race entirely. According to Legends, they actually do unhinge their jaws and eat live prey, a behavior which annoys the rest of the galaxy, and which they take great pleasure in indulging.

Unfortunately, a lot of the fluff is not necessarily still applicable in the current canon, but the race itself still exist, they just haven't been discussed in detail. I doubt that they would change much about them though, since they're basically just snake people, and the fluff fits their appearance well.

They do have one quirk, in that the whole species has hair on their faces, similar to a human with hypertrichosis (such as the famous Fedor Jeftichew). They have four arms, though they often cover the lower arms for cultural reasons. The species has two sexes, but both have facial hair. I personally find that interesting, since it goes against the trope of reptilians being hairless, and makes them more interesting than just generic naga/lamia knockoffs.

Have you guys heard about them before? What are your thoughts? I may have found my new favorite StarWars pred race, although I still quite like the Hutts.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: TIL StarWars has a canon race of vorish Naga-oids

Postby Zephyr42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:58 pm

You mean like Oppo Rancisis? Yeah, I knew about them, though not all of that.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Considering they're a movie-canon race, their background fluff wouldn't be likely to change.
ouphe
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:12 pm

ouphe wrote:Considering they're a movie-canon race, their background fluff wouldn't be likely to change.

Right. That's what I was getting at in the OP. It has no reason to change, it just *hasn't yet been confirmed* in any post-Disney writing. Mainly because nobody has written about them since Disney bought the franchise.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 pm

Zephyr42 wrote:You mean like Oppo Rancisis? Yeah, I knew about them, though not all of that.

Yep, Oppo is Thisspiasian. The wiki has a brief section on their diet:

"A typical Thisspiasian feast included several cages of living animals centered in the middle of the table, culled from species across the galaxy. These animals, still-living, would be dipped in various seasoned dipping sauces and consumed whole."
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Someone made an unofficial, but likely accurate, depiction of a female of the species here:

https://pre00.deviantart.net/e4b5/th/pr ... aernen.jpg

AFAIK, we haven't seen any canon depictions of females, but they have been mentioned. They're basically four armed humanoids from the waist up, so it's pretty safe to assume that, beyond the facial hair, they still have typical female dimorphistic traits. I suppose it's possible that they lack mamaries, but considering that StarWars tends to stick them on everything, even Hutts and Rancors, I'm willing to bet that they have them.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:17 am

I'm sure it's someone's thing, but I'm not into the Geico Caveman.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:29 pm

night22 wrote:I'm sure it's someone's thing, but I'm not into the Geico Caveman.

What, you don't get hot and bothered by the bearded lady when the carnival comes to town?
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby go47 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Chiming in, In the EU, its stated that one of the things that made Hutts dangerous in combat was that in a melee they would just swallow smaller enemies.
go47
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 pm

go47 wrote:Chiming in, In the EU, its stated that one of the things that made Hutts dangerous in combat was that in a melee they would just swallow smaller enemies.

Yep, EU Hutts ate people. It's part of why they were so hated in the galaxy (that, and their criminal empire).
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:26 am

Any thoughts on H'nemthe, Slith, or Princess Nampi's species?
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Fallenfox » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 am

night22 wrote:I'm sure it's someone's thing, but I'm not into the Geico Caveman.

Same. The lore is cool but I can't get past the beards. A bearded Naga looks ridiculous.
Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sevensix » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Apparently there are at least a couple other naga-like species.
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion