Are my stories too repetitive?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Are my stories too repetitive?

Postby delete8234b » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:12 pm

I want you guys to look through my stories I have currently on my profile, and, be honest- are they repetitive in the way they're written?

https://aryion.com/g4/user/Collier
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Re: Are my stories too repetitive?

Postby Apex » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 pm

What exactly do you mean by "repetitive in the way they're written?" Are you talking about the story structure, the way the various actions are described, or, like, the general feel of them? After a quick look over all of them, the only thing I can say for sure in terms of "repetitiveness" is the casual voice with which you write. I feel that's just kind of a writing style thing, not something that necessarily needs to be fixed.
Apex
Been posting for a bit

Postby delete8234b » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Apex wrote:Are you talking about the story structure, the way the various actions are described, or, like, the general feel of them?

I feel like they're relatively similar: guy gets into a sticky situation, sticky situation results in character struggling to get free, struggling is to no avail, swallowed up and digested. Perhaps I feel like it's repetitive because I keep writing about myself in situations regarding Oral Vore? I love all kinds of vore, just have yet to get into a RP that isn't Oral Vore (except with The Great Devourer).
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Postby Apex » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:39 am

Story structure it is, then.

I understand being worried about basically always writing the same story. A lot of what I write is boy (or girl) meets girl, followed by flirtatious shenanigans, ending with sex and vore. The thing is, that's okay. Almost every story follows the same basic story structure anyway. It begins, a problem is introduced, the characters struggle with the problem, the problem is resolved. It's the kind of thing where I'm not sure I can even help you fix it because I'm not sure it technically needs fixing.

It's a bit of a stretch to call this advice, but here are my thoughts on the subject: First, it seems you might need to find WHY you feel your work is repetitive. Is it the similarity in how events flow? Is it the repeated use of oral vore? I'd say really think about it and see what you come up with. My main recommendation is something like, "If you're always walking the same road from the same beginning to the same end, try walking a different path between the two." It probably sounds silly, but it's the best metaphor I can come up with. However, if you don't mind a bit of reading, I might have some better examples.

Take a look at these two stories: Prom Night Skinny Dip (https://aryion.com/g4/view/430443) and Alone Together (https://aryion.com/g4/view/442536). You might notice they follow much the same story progression. I introduce the characters, present a reason for them to be in private together, they flirt a bit, and then vore/sex happens. BUT, would you consider them repetitive stories? If you do I'll have made a real ass of myself, but I can't imagine someone reading both of these and saying, "Man, I wish this author would write something different once in a while!" There's a difference in the relationship between the respective characters, the situation that brings them together, and the exact way things escalate into a sexual encounter are all different. Same beginning, middle, and end, different roads leading there.

If you're mostly writing based on RPs this could all be total bunk, of course, and what ultimately really matters is the question, "Are you writing what you want to write?" If you always want to write the same thing, there shouldn't be anything stopping you. As long as you enjoy it, write it.
Apex
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion