How did vore start

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How did vore start

Postby bronydog » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am

As a voraphile, I want to learn about this history of the fetish. Every ware I look , however, has no information as to its history. Dose anyone have, or know a sight with information as to the history of vore?
bronydog
Been posting for a bit

Re: How did vore start

Postby Aboriginal » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:56 am

I don't know, but I can speculate an educated guess.

Neither I nor anyone can probably be sure of who was the first voraphile. It is such an isolated, rare fetish that the beginning of vore is a personal transformation in each of our lives. Before the internet, it would have been almost impossible for other voraphiles to link up and form a community and for research to be done on it. Vorarephilia has almost certainly been around since before the term was even coined, perhaps even in ancient times where the food we killed was, by the whole populace, revered in awe and deeply appreciated for its sacrifice. No, that itself was not vore, but it could have been an impetus for some.

I also strongly believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a voraphile, speaking of himself as bread and blood to be consumed in a type of symbiotic union between himself, the Bridegroom, and the Church, the wife, in a bond of love (something like "I will dwell in you, and you will dwell in me"). So vore seems to possibly go way back.
On the scale of galaxies and stars to cells and molecules, the Universe constantly eats itself, time and time again through generations of things, ad nausea.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoraciousSincerity » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:37 am

Though I doubt we will ever get a definitive answer without a time machine, my best guess from a psychological standpoint, and taking into account the overall variations of vore and how they are treated that I've seen, is that vore is a sort of über-fetish; a fetish that branches seamlessly into different forms/roles based on those experiencing it: Preds are mostly dominant but can be made submissive and prey vice-versa, endosoma/non-fatal is about closeness between two individuals more than other types, fatal is something of a straightforward domination/submission similar to a primal sex act, and I'm sure there are more I don't know about. I in no way mean that is characteristic of them to the hilt but just from what I've seen those attitudes are more in line with each type more than others.

Why I think that is, is that for vorarephiles of all types, our brains have a certain extra link between the instincts relating to the predator/prey relationship and our overall desires, sexual or not. This makes our other predilections connect that eat-or be-eaten concept with them, and makes us inherently capable of developing an interest.

As to how that relates to when it started, I'd wager since stories of a person being swallowed whole, from ancient heroes being swallowed whole to Jonah with the whale to Little Red Riding Hood, as well as both antagonistic and positive forms of cannibalism (some ancient tribes would eat their enemies/predators to gain their strength or degrade them, and others would consider it an honor to deceased family) have been around for centuries, we may have existed since the beginning of humanity... or at least our evolution could've started along with everything else, i.e. the outright sexual part may have been less explicit since you actually could get eaten back then, but now things have changed so we/what we are has changed with it.

(Shrug) just my personal thoughts on the fetish, and it's similar to what others have thought of too so whatever...
VoraciousSincerity
Been posting for a bit

Postby PrimalJuggernaut » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:41 am

I think we have to focus on the psychology of kink for this. Personally, I am myself both a pred with vore fantasies, and a dominant/sadist with my 'more normal' sexual tendencies. I remember being a kid _obsessed_ with nature, especially wildlife. Even back then, I just wanted to be able to be one for a while. Living in Florida, this often meant birds, fish, frogs, gators and snakes.

I was exposed to a lot of the same American pop culture vore-related stuff from the 90s-00s. Terror Toad was amazing, it was even a frog monster, y'know? Even back then? I wanted to _be_ the monster. When I played with my toys, I'd use bigger monsters from other series to fight/beat/eat the power rangers, even though none of 'em really had mouths that could even move... except the Jurassic Park stuff. So, to some degree, maybe it has to do with something deeply ingrained in my head. Or maybe...

I remember a comic from Frakass, where he says that, while it may sound puerile, he thinks maybe his fascination with cute girls devouring people like horrible monsters would comes from trying to handle the fear of that kinda monster. He replaced the awfulness of a giant monster with something he _very much_ likes, and from there it became something of a fetish?

So in my case, since I have the nightmare I got the first time I watched Jurassic Park (my old _favorite_ movie, now.... well, #2.) seared on my brain... Maybe I took a fear of being eaten by some big nasty, my natural interest in understanding the lives of animals better, and it turned into "I want to be the monster, not the people." I think then it turned sexual because of Serleena in MIB2. If I had to be something in that series, I'd want to be another one of her people or something. "Serleena's Son" or some shit.

'cause then maybe I don't have to get eaten, if I can eat enough, y'know? And in the mean time.... I get to degrade someone down to fat on my ass and shit in their shower. I get to keep them alive as long as I want by swallowing air and guarantee they feel _everything_, if I have to dilute it with antacids a bit... some water.... whatever. Maybe even let 'em out if I get off and feel bad. Probably just fall asleep and forget.

'cause that'd be terrifying if I weren't on the giving end, and there's a real cognitive dissonance here as a coping mechanism. Every single time it shows up in media, it is supposed to be preying on a primal fear.

And I would much rather be a monster than a victim, and that's that? I suppose it is. My favorite prey is a stuffed pred, or something I shouldn't be able to choke down. I actually would love to write out using future tech to become a gene-sculpted predator, go back in time and eat a T-rex, and just create a new timeline for myself or something...

Because it's eat or be eaten, and goddamn am I hungry.
PrimalJuggernaut
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ghrelin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:40 pm

things have been getting eaten since forever. humans have been kinky weirdos since forever. nobody "invented" vore; people's creativity and ability to express it has just increased over time, as has the ability for like-minded people to find each other and share ideas, thus continually creating new ones. and the more similar concepts show up in art and media, the more people who are "into that" are gonna show up. the more those people can connect and share with each other, the more people will find their work/conversations, and so on.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby merlovinit » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 pm

The oldest vore website that I can personally remember is the Big Gulp message board. I remember the website having a lot more features than it does now though, and having a different theme and layout. I think the board may have shut down at one point and been recreated by someone else. I probably first visited that board sometime between 2004 and 2007.

Edit: my favorite artists in the beginning were Salamander and Strega, probably. It was really hard to find m/m vore with humans back then.

Edit 2: The know your meme page actually has some history on it.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/vore

It lists a website that was used in 1997.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby zarpaulus » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Aboriginal wrote:I don't know, but I can speculate an educated guess.

Neither I nor anyone can probably be sure of who was the first voraphile. It is such an isolated, rare fetish that the beginning of vore is a personal transformation in each of our lives. Before the internet, it would have been almost impossible for other voraphiles to link up and form a community and for research to be done on it. Vorarephilia has almost certainly been around since before the term was even coined, perhaps even in ancient times where the food we killed was, by the whole populace, revered in awe and deeply appreciated for its sacrifice. No, that itself was not vore, but it could have been an impetus for some.

I also strongly believe that Jesus of Nazareth was a voraphile, speaking of himself as bread and blood to be consumed in a type of symbiotic union between himself, the Bridegroom, and the Church, the wife, in a bond of love (something like "I will dwell in you, and you will dwell in me"). So vore seems to possibly go way back.

Jonah and the whale.
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Superblah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:03 am

this is a rather interesting thing to say along side your avatar.
Superblah
Participator

Postby Gamera » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:01 am

I remember reading a story about a woman in medieval times that kept swallowing live frogs and vomiting them claiming it was a medical issue. Whether she was just doing it for attention or whatever I wouldn't know but its still a story that made me think.

Doubt she would have been the first vorephile though.
Gamera
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aboriginal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:41 am

Superblah wrote:

this is a rather interesting thing to say along side your avatar.

zarpaulus wrote:

Jonah and the whale.

Thanks for yall's interest :D. A long journey through mythology begins for me after reading Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth." I had no idea early man was so distraught over having to kill and eat to live. Early rituals and stories were done to initiate the young into becoming hunters, becoming strong and disciplined enough to do the necessary evil by becoming not above, but a part of nature itself, which also must kill to live. The Ouroboros is a universal symbol of eternal life / eternal reincarnation of not just humans or animals but maybe of Mother Earth itself through life constantly eating itself and shedding death like a snake sheds skin to rejuvenate itself. Bt eating life, death is avoided through the transmutation of life energy of one organism to another. Predator prey. None is spared from this fate for being consumed by death out of and by life back into life ;). There are deeper mysteries to the ouroboros and the "pyramid" at the center of this version that I've yet to scratch. I'm not sure if the center symbol in my avatar is what I think it is though. It reminds me of the "Eye of God" or "Eye of Providence."

If I understand correctly the "soft vore" myths like Jonah and the Whale symbolize the hero faltering in his/her mission, going to the underworld, which itself symbolizes experiencing death, and then triumphing over it in a threshold experience to overcome the weakness and continue their journey. Vorarephilic? That's probably not what a scholar would say, but I myself have been through some Jonah and the Whale like experiences in dealing with vore and perhaps indeed coming to new thresholds. Who says a soft vore like myth and the message it conveys couldn't somehow be more deeply related :)?
On the scale of galaxies and stars to cells and molecules, the Universe constantly eats itself, time and time again through generations of things, ad nausea.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Postby Superblah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:32 pm

It's pretty obvious what it is.
Superblah
Participator

Postby Aboriginal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Superblah wrote:It's pretty obvious what it is.

Well, yeah, a whale swallowing a man :roll:; ya got me there :lol:... But does they myth itself have anything to say about vore? Can myths teach us something spiritual about vore as though vore were an unnamed thing back when these stories were written? Given that they still apply today then perhaps.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Postby falsim454 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Not to say anything of how old it is, but it's story-centric in Pinocchio. Video games had it as far back as at least Star Tropics.
falsim454
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aboriginal » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:49 pm

I'm going to post a quick reply and say that yes, the story of Jonah and the Whale, and any myth about being in something's stomach, is quite spiritually vorarephilic (read more through Joseph Campbell's excellent book "The Power of Myth").

The interpretation of the mythic theme is that "The belly is the dark place where digestion takes place and new energy is created. The story of Jonah in the whale is an example of a mythic theme that is practically universal, of the hero going into a fish's belly and ultimately coming out again, transformed... "

I'm gonna have to meditate on this for a while so I may post later my opinion.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Postby GastricAztec » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:57 pm

In book ten of “The Odyssey” Homer described a race of giants known as the Laestrygonians, and they devoured the crew and only Odysseus escaped alive. So vore has been around since ancient times!
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Jayezox » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:53 am

As a trope, probably long before any history that wasn't destroyed. Actually, it's probably the same way with vore as a fetish as well. Even without large civilizations spreading myths there had to be someone out there triggered into having the fetish in some way.
Jayezox
---

Postby Scrumptious » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 pm

SamuelOrona wrote:In book ten of “The Odyssey” Homer described a race of giants known as the Laestrygonians, and they devoured the crew and only Odysseus escaped alive. So vore has been around since ancient times!

You think that involved a sexual interest, however?
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GastricAztec » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Scrumptious wrote:
SamuelOrona wrote:In book ten of “The Odyssey” Homer described a race of giants known as the Laestrygonians, and they devoured the crew and only Odysseus escaped alive. So vore has been around since ancient times!

You think that involved a sexual interest, however?

I think for some people it did
Everyone has a plan until they end up in someone’s belly!
GastricAztec
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: In the belly of a colossal cannibalistic co-ed collegian!

Postby Jayezox » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:38 am

Jayezox wrote:As a trope, probably long before any history that wasn't destroyed. Actually, it's probably the same way with vore as a fetish as well. Even without large civilizations spreading myths there had to be someone out there triggered into having the fetish in some way.

I answered when and not how. As a trope, it's like any other part of fantasy and just a byproduct of the human imagination. So vore started as a byproduct of the human imagination by chance long ago. As a fetish, it's a glitch (figuratively speaking) in the human imagination and sexuality becoming merged and corrupted. Again, the first time this started was by chance long ago.
Jayezox
---

Postby Aboriginal » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:03 am

These myths were more-so discovered spiritual truths than invented fabrications of fanciful imagination. Yes, the imagery and poetry are like dreams, but, more than tools for understanding novels, they are about life's lessons and pointers to spiritual truth. Its quite stunning to see vore linked to at least a couple, if not several if my reading proves productive, universal mythological themes of early civilization. So if there's something to these myths, then maybe there's more to vore than it simply being a compulsion of a glitched mind. Its not something to be gotten rid of or fixed, but, rather, cherished IMO. A lot more can be gotten from embracing rather than resisting the fetish.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion