How did vore start

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: How did vore start

Postby Jayezox » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:49 am

I should have mentioned that imagination is not fabrication. Imagination can be a powerful tool to see what isn't there. A detective that looks at all the clues can solve a crime if he uses his imagination correctly by reviewing the evidence without witnessing the crime.

I'm still open to the idea that vore could possibly be sacred if only for one shamanic experience I've heard of. However, there is at least a corrupt mirror of it if it is. Between what I've found and heard from a friend there is a corruption of a lot of things sacred. I also like to tread very carefully around a fetish when trying to consider it sacred. A fetish is also a perversion which is by definition a corruption. Also, I've noticed shared patterns between vorarephiles and those with 100% confirmed perversions. Sexual abuse is more abundant than normal and sexual repression is commonplace. Not even half of the population on this site has a significant other. There's definitely something not right with this picture.

I'm not trying to be negative about this, but I'm the kind of person to look at the facts no matter how bleak they may look. It's entirely possible that I overlooked or never heard of something sacred about vore as a fetish. I agree that as a trope it is definitely sacred with no questions asked. As a fetish, however, it seems to be anything but. I want to be wrong and perhaps I am, but from what I've seen vorarephilia as a fetish looks corrupt.
Jayezox
---

Postby Aboriginal » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 am

I have to admit it to myself, I seek the good in vore because I am very attached to it. I've posted hereabout it. I hope I'm not fooling myself, hoping its not something that's meant to be totally overcome, sterilized, and extinguished like one would do to oneself in the Buddhist doctrine of non-attachment.

Edit: Life feeding on life is corrupt, almost everything has to kill to live. Vore, at least for me, seems to be the antithesis to that conundrum. The reasons among people with vorarephilia vary, but I think it's a common thread of compulsion for some aspect of taking in life. The killer becomes the victim on one side of the equation and balances the whole life feeding on life deal. That may not make vore any less corrupt, but it still has a good purpose and is worth having. Its not vore itself but how we deal with it that makes it negative.

But when I think about it, many things have become corrupted in the modern world that weren't originally in such a state, marriage itself being one of them with a high divorce rate and spousal abuse. I think its how society treats us negatively when we are ourselves that corrupts our beliefs and perceptions about ourselves, rather than the corruption coming from within.
On the scale of galaxies and stars to cells and molecules, the Universe constantly eats itself, time and time again through generations of things, ad nausea.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Postby sevensix » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:29 pm

From a recent post elsewhere:
kurisuto wrote:In 1994, the year before I started the big-gulp site, I still wondered if I were the only person in the world turned on by the thought of being swallowed alive. Then, in an online conversation in the old Usenet newsgroups, someone said that his ex-boyfriend was turned on by that same thought. For me, that moment was like the first clear evidence for intelligent life on another planet.

I'm sure there's plenty of history to be dug up through memories and Usenet archives and the like. I hope someone does it before any more people and sites disappear.
sevensix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:12 pm

Anytime since eating is one of most basic concept in life, but perhaps it took some time, like, not until after we started being in the safe zone of survival. But perhaps even before if, as hunter/prey, humans sometime had fantasies of ending it all so they wouldn't have to live hell everyday. I dunno.
Kitsouille
???

Postby eatme1234 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:47 pm

I like to think of fetishes as a web that started from "consensual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation." That then then "mutated" into various other kinks (and sex positions), and those kinks "bred" with one another to form more fetishes, and before you know it, you have a massive assortment of fetishes, which can all probably be traced back to the original sex.

Like Oral vore could be the result of female (or if you prefer, male) domination "breeding" with oral fixation fetish, and with a hint perhaps the entrapment fetish. There are various other factors that could contribute such as:
- Mental Factors (Something gives off good signals in your head when you see something)
- Environmental Factors (Like living in a place where a lot of predators swallow prey)
- Cultural Factors (Like books that involve vore like a lot of Roman stories)
- Personal Factors (Like maybe watching a girl seductively licking a lollipop and wishing that were you, or a childhood experience)
- Fascination (Wondering what it would be like)

And a bunch of other factors I didn't list here. The human mind is really hard to comprehend, and to this day scientists (probably) haven't even discovered 1% of how the mind works, only that it works off electrical impulses.

I leave with a quote from Monika from DDLC (contains spoilers)
Spoiler: show
"This is pretty random, but I always thought spicy food was kinda funny." "Like..."

"Didn't plants evolve to be spicy to prevent them from being eaten?"

"I read somewhere that humans are the only species that actually enjoys

spicy things."

"It's almost like we're making fun of the plants."

"Using their defense mechanism to literally make our food more enjoyable."

"Like, imagine a monster that devours you whole because it enjoys the

sensation of you struggling for your life while being digested."

"Sorry, that was kind of a weird analogy, I guess!"

"Ahaha!"

"It just came into my head."

"I'm not a monster or anything, but you're so cute I could eat you up."

"Ahaha! I'm joking."

"Gosh, I'm amusing myself a little too much, aren't I?"

"Sorry for being weird."
eatme1234
Participator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:07 pm

The reason that humans grew to like spicy food, in part, is that before refrigeration, that was a way of keeping food edible.

It turns out that germs don't like capsaicin and the like, so adding it to food not only covered up any bad taste, it also made it safer (for a given value of "safer") to eat.

Proving once again that humans can outsmart a plant.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:17 pm

The oldest vore related things we know date before writing so... Pretty old.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:10 pm

Aboriginal wrote:...So if there's something to these myths, then maybe there's more to vore than it simply being a compulsion of a glitched mind. It's not something to be gotten rid of or fixed, but, rather, cherished IMO. A lot more can be gotten from embracing rather than resisting the fetish.

Well said. Well said.

Fetish, or devout obsession as translated from my native tongue, is one of those things that while perfectly natural to have, is like anything, something to not fully immerse in, lest one becomes absolutely inept at functioning. It is not corrupt, at least not at the core level which for the discussion is all that matters. To call any devout obsession sacred, is nothing short of subjective in all senses, but for the sake of the topic of discussion, vore as a fetish (by the way, vorarephilia is part of the mortal emotion wheel - covered under Rapture) is not just about the art of consumption, but the art of gratification, and that is sacred on all levels. Life for life discussions are irrelevant when one considers that hard fact that life cycles and recycles, that for the end of one life, another starts anew. Life is not finite, but infinite; when one dies, they will live once more and again and onward until their life energy is cleansed and recycled.

Now, as to where vore got its' start...
You can look to the origins of existence itself, long before mortal life was even thought of. Energy beings consuming other energy beings was always a thing and still is, whether the beings are sentient or not. Not hard for that to translate via the thought faucet from non-mortals absorbing into other non-mortals, to eventually a guy swallowing his transgender girlfriend after a night of frenzied sex leaves him hungry but too weak to stand up. (this was a graphic novel I perused long ago back when I was still into male-involved vore and I wish I knew where I found it because I'd link it here-it's pretty hot)

Corruption, to state briefly, is not a status of the mind, but a status of the conscience; vorarephilia is far deeper rooted than that.

Also, I don't have a significant other because I don't fucking want one; I could get a boyfriend pretty easily if I wanted to (though my heart belongs to the ladies most guys don't give a shit because they think with their dicks - yes the trope has a lot of truth and I have seen it firsthand). Fact is, I don't want a lover now; I want solidarity and that's hard to come by in a place like FUCKING KANSAS. DAMN.

A lot of Wicca voodoo priestesses would place curses of vanishing on their enemies, by swallowing the voodoo dolls. Those people vanished in a swath of powerful digestion. Of course, this was eighty, ninety thousand years ago or better, back when only five or six global languages were spoken and diversity/individuality were existent.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion