Planet Eater scenario

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Planet Eater scenario

Postby sabrina_diamond » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 am

If a giant female human (aka yours truly, for this fun scenario) decided to enlarge herself and swallow planet Earth, what are the possible outcomes of such a scenario on the Earth itself. Or alternately what if it decided to snack on other planets instead of Earth? I was thinking about the villian Galactus from a certain comic-series. To make this clearer, the giantess isn't allowed to consume any other interstellar objects other than planets, so stars, comets and suns are out of the question! :gulp:
*Chomp, slideee, gurgle gurgle* Must have ate something off! *screaming*
sabrina_diamond
???

Re: Planet Eater scenario

Postby Aviannapper » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 am

Aviannapper
Participator

Postby Starcomet » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:00 am

Aviannapper wrote:Something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekJ7Z-A4w4I
=)))

Oh my!
Peace and Blessings to you,

Myron
Starcomet
Somewhat familiar

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:54 pm

sabrina_diamond wrote: outcomes of such a scenario on the Earth itself.

Well, assuming the giantess in question had the structural integrity to withstand doing this without her stomach collapsing, nothing much would happen to the planet itself. If she has stomach acid, it would probably all be pulled toward the earth's surface by gravity, meaning that the world would be covered in an acidic ocean. (Even if she didn't, the *biosphere* would still be fucked, due to lack of sunlight). The actual planet wouldn't be digested. The acid would deteriorate the surface of the planet, but gravity would still hold it together and in a spherical shape, and the deep crust and mantle would still be solid. Basically, the question is, what would happen if you coated the earth in acid, and the answer is that it would be impossible to live on, but would still be a planet because it would still have the same mass and gravity.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:55 am

So let's say in this planet-eating scenario, I (a giantess) grow bigger than the Earth, and gulp the Earth down. What would be the outcomes on the giantess in this scenario?
sabrina_diamond
???

Postby maniacalfork » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:36 am

It's not quite that simple actually. Assuming the giantess is of comparable mass to the earth, you have to consider tidal effects of her gravity on the Earth. Because the force of gravity decreases by distance squared, when she approaches the Earth to eat it, the force of gravity on the Earth is stronger on the near side and weaker on the far side, which has the net effect of tearing the Earth apart. You can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roche_limit
At any rate, even ignoring tidal effects, any force she exerts on the Earth to move it would need be so gargantuan that it would deform huge parts of Earth's surface, which would quickly become molten due to frictional heating. Consider the fact that huge asteroid impacts like the one that killed the dinosaurs don't actually move the Earth in any meaningful way. There would be no way to move the Earth without completely upheaving it's surface.
Obviously real physics don't apply themselves very well to vore, so maybe I'm just being a spoilsport here.

edit: thought I would do some back of the envelope calculations. If you scale up a 1.8m 55kg woman so that her neck is approximately the diameter of Earth (~12700km), then she would be 2.86x10^8 m tall (22.5 times the height of Earth), and 2.2x10^26 kg (about 36x the Earth's mass). So yeah, Earth is gonna have it rough when she approaches it.
maniacalfork
New to the forum

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:18 am

"Assuming the giantess is of comparable mass to the earth" I assumed that she doesn't, because there's no known or theorized material that has the strength to support a humanoid of that size. She would lose structural integrity and collapse under her own gravity. So, I just assumed she was large but not so massive, with a large surface area but rather thin. Of course, in that case, getting close to the earth would tear *her* apart. I just don't see how a humanoid with planet level mass could possibly exist in our universe. The body plan just ins't very scale-able, and even if it were, building any non-spherical object of that size would prove challenging, if not impossible. I mean, look at some of the theoretical mega-structures we've conceptualized, such as Dyson Spheres or Niven Rings, and how many challenges they would pose even if we had enough raw materials and manpower to build them. Gravity doesn't like large, non-spherical objects.

Of course, this IS vore, and it doesn't obey the laws or physics anyway. I suppose we could just say "magic" and handwave the laws of physics. It's a pretty insane notion anyway, so why not make it more insane? IF a person could have more mass than the earth, without dying horribly, then yes, eating the planet would tear it apart.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sabrina_diamond » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:56 am

EnderDracolich wrote:"Assuming the giantess is of comparable mass to the earth" I assumed that she doesn't, because there's no known or theorized material that has the strength to support a humanoid of that size. She would lose structural integrity and collapse under her own gravity. IF a person could have more mass than the earth, without dying horribly, then yes, eating the planet would tear it apart.

Are you calling me pudgy? :D (just joking, there's more to love of me!) :gulp:

A (somewhat) related idea! :lol: Anyway, eating Jupiter would be fairly difficult anyway since it's a gas giant (does that mean that this planet gives you gas?) :lol:
sabrina_diamond
???

Return to General Vore Discussion