Why do you RP?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Why do you RP?

Postby soline » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Haven't seen this asked around the forums before/lately and it's recently on my mind. People who RP around here, why do you do it? What do you get out of it?

For me it's always felt a little bit like a collaborative story-writing process. Less of a cyber-sex thing and more two people working on a story they really like in realtime. That's probably a large part why I've always struggled with the concept of one-line roleplays. Inversely I've always gotten the feeling that some people on the chat treat it a bit like a way to get free stories out of people, I've had the occasional rp where I've gotten so little out of the other person it's basically me writing the whole thing. Does anyone do that deliberately? If so, why?
soline
---

Re: Why do you RP?

Postby Chameleonette » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:03 pm

As much as I enjoy writing stories, there's really nothing quite like bouncing character interactions between two entirely different people. There's more of a spontaneous and unexpected nature to RP, whereas with writing stories, I decide how things play and progress solely on my own. I love having it be more of a joint endeavor between two people and writing a story together, instead of writing it all myself. The interactions feel a lot more 'real' in the sense that they're not predicted entirely from either end (even if ideas and kinks for the RP have been discussed beforehand). Plus, I just love developing and engaging two characters with each other and seeing what happens over the course of events. It's always an adventure and I really enjoy that.

I do understand what you mean about having difficult partners at times, though. I tend to be wordy and detail-oriented, so a lot of my RPs get dropped or the other person loses interest (even if they do not tell me so and often just disappear). I think, when playing centered around a fetish like this, what any individual wants (and perhaps at different times) can and will differ. There are people who will do it solely as a way to get off---and I feel those are generally the ones who don't put as much into it, if that is their sole focus. But it depends on the partners. I do love having sensual and sexual things involved and find it fun, but have since shied away from them a lot when it feels like it has to become the focus of the RP or RPs are dropped after such scenes take place.

Likewise, one-liner things just aren't for me. But that's what RP searching and finding partners is for---discovering and interacting with people who may want similar things that you do out of the RP. And sure, everyone has issues and deals with instances of dropped roleplays, people who give very little to the scene or ignore/trample preferences, etc. But I think what most of us genuinely look for in RP is someone who is on similar wavelengths to us and that we can mesh well with in terms of writing styles and what we want out of the roleplays, no matter how complicated or simple that may be. I love more detail-oriented stories with layers and developments and lots of interaction and build-up, personally. From time to time, I can also enjoy things that are on a much smaller scale, too, but generally with serious RP, I seek to share a story with someone and create it together.

And what matters to me the absolute most, is that both people genuinely enjoy the roleplay. I RP first and foremost, to share that mutual enjoyment and mutual fantasy with others.
Last edited by Chameleonette on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby AlienMutantReptilian » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:03 pm

honestly, I'd rather look for someone whose fantasies combine with mine, simply to talk about it with her, and talk about the day-to-day sensations, rather than inventing stories because I think it can be monotonous over time
EAT OR BE EATEN - VORE BLOG https://alienmutantrepitilian1.tumblr.com/
AlienMutantReptilian
New to the forum

Postby Jeschke » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 pm

soline wrote:Haven't seen this asked around the forums before/lately and it's recently on my mind. People who RP around here, why do you do it? What do you get out of it?

I mean, on the surface level I mostly just do it because I'm feeling vorny and want to engage in shenanigans or lewdness with folks.

I don't focus as much on the story part of it, it's just a fun way to explore some ideas or put characters up against each other and have one eat the other and hotness. Then again, if I ever planned any of these roleplays it might be a little more like writing a story, I guess. x3 But my wrists will get aggravated if I do too much, so, I don't do a lot more long-form stuff anymore. (at least, I tell myself that, and then write a ton anyway) I don't imagine I'm as good a writer all the time as to be writing a story with someone else, either. It's just fooling around and vorniness. I guess that's what I'm looking for, some collaborative fun.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby 2inchlich » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:20 pm

It's great for character development, and I love seeing how my and others characters interact and what sort of situations they end up in. It's just like collaborative writing for me, since I don't RP anything super nsfw and don't really find vore inherently sexual. And sometimes I feel angsty and just want to see one of my characters digest someone (or be digested by someone).

I guess it's just a fun past time for me.
2inchlich
Been posting for a bit

Postby Khumi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

I tend to treat RP based around fetishes as a means to well... get off on it. Like... Don't get me wrong... Stories are great, and making stories with topics that you personally enjoy s even better, but a lot of times when I try to RP... My schedule doesn't match with others, and it tends to suck the motivation out of it. I guess I can use a tv show, or even an anime for that matter... Let's say for the fun of it. Two characters are talking, and every time the character is done talking. You pause it for an hour, or even up to a day. You -want- to know how the other would react, or what they would say, but you're left hanging there.

So then you start to do other things, and then... you find yourself more interested in the new thing that you're doing rather than the old one. Or for most people... they find... "Inspiration" somewhere else, so RPs tend to die quickly that way.

Writing a story can be fun on its own right. Crafting a world, and personalities, but a majority of the time. If I'm RPing with someone. I don't need to make such a grandiose world... a basic background, and an introduction of the characters is just fine in my opinion... All, and all. It depends on the person's preference. For me... I just want to have fun. I just don't have the patience to draw out RPs for several days.
Khumi
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 pm

To escape from how much reality sucks.

It also helps that it's the only place vore is okay. But primarily that first bit.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:59 am

Artemis wrote:To escape from how much reality sucks.

It also helps that it's the only place vore is okay. But primarily that first bit.

I like to RP for the same reason!.. Well more "would" RP as I am way too shy, anxious and inexperienced in RP to do it...
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 am

soline wrote:I've had the occasional rp where I've gotten so little out of the other person it's basically me writing the whole thing. Does anyone do that deliberately? If so, why?

To get this out of the way first, I don't try to turn the whole thing into the rp partner writing the whole thing, but I do occasionally write a few short parts or significantly less than my partner. The reason I do this is either because I run out of ideas of what to write when it's my turn or I'm unsure what to do. I have to add that being prey is no excuse for writing less. Sometimes I wrote more in the vore scenes than my partner while I was prey and I don't have a PhD in English or anything like that. If I can contribute to a vore scene as prey so can anyone else.

soline wrote:Haven't seen this asked around the forums before/lately and it's recently on my mind. People who RP around here, why do you do it? What do you get out of it?

I feel a lot of sentiments with what others have already said, particularly the ones that mention it's more unpredictable when two are involved and making it story oriented. Although if it's too story oriented it starts to defeat the purpose of vore. I want to add another reason that wasn't mentioned. It's human on human interaction of some sort which is something I've been sorely lacking since I moved out. Other than weekends I get some of that from work, but it's only positive human interaction about half the time. It's particularly nice to be sharing these thoughts with someone that will totally get it with no repercussion which is something I can do on the Internet, but not real life.
Jayezox
---

Postby minakotomoka14 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:49 pm

To have fun and write sexy, self-indulgent stories with my best friends. I get closer to my friends by roleplaying together. And it also helps me open up to new things, too. For example, I didn't like cock vore or anal vore until I tried it in a roleplay with my best friend.
Prey-leaning switch gal and writer with a passion for M/F vore and a love for being devoured by giant men of all kinds.
minakotomoka14
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:50 pm

It's like you get to write a story AND you get the suspense of not knowing exactly what happens next! AND you get to make friends with lovable people! Super fun.

The only times when it doesn't work is when people don't share your interests. So I can get tons of great vore RP, but when I really want to do some stomach-ache or object-swallowing stuff, I have to write it myself because nobody else is a good match for that.
Indighost
---

Postby GreenEyesDarkHeart » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Because it is sadly the only way I can interact with my beautiful cast of characters or characters I love from tv shows/movies. Plus it cures my vore cravings better than artwork.
GreenEyesDarkHeart
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghrelin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:14 pm

because writing is fun, but collaborating is funner. i don't always know what's gonna happen next, and i get to see how other people's characters respond to mine and vice versa. interactive and creative at the same time, with the added benefit of sharing and connecting with other people. the vore part is just a bonus.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:19 pm

I concur.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:19 am

It's a game I play with friends. I started with playing D&D as an adolescent, and when the internet was invented and I could play through typing, it let me play more often. I RP on the regular and it's rarely fetish RP, that's just something that happens sometimes if it would make the ongoing storyline more fun.
blergle
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:15 am

jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion