Stupid Poll: What do preys think struggling will do exactly?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Stupid Poll: What are preys trying to do when they struggle?

Burst out of the pred's stomach.
7%
Either cause the pred to throw up, or somehow let them out intentionally hoping they won't want them in their stomachs now.
28%
Attract attention so others can see they've been eaten, or show witnesses to the eating that they're still alive so there's time to save them.
16%
They don't know why they're doing it - they've just been eaten! They just know they have to get out somehow, and struggling is all they can think of.
49%

Total votes : 226

Stupid Poll: What do preys think struggling will do exactly?

Postby Marco » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:58 pm

I realise this is a weird thing to be asking, especially as I not only see myself as prey, but also imagine myself doing this, but you know how once unwilling prey have been eaten, you can often see them struggling in the pred's stomach? I know they obviously want to get out, but what exactly are they hoping will happen, if anything?

I've liked the idea of struggling for years, because it is part of being unwilling prey, and I just like it, but this suddenly came to me recently, and I had to ask what your opinions were.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Stupid Poll: What do preys think struggling will do exac

Postby AutumnFerret » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:18 pm

I like being unwilling prey too. and I also love struggling. not really sure why though. I guess because it's better than just sitting quietly and letting myself be digested.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
AutumnFerret
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:18 pm

The goal would be to upset the predator's stomach enough to induce vomiting, or to claw their way out. Typically vore ignores that squirming could indeed cause a really upset stomach, and that swallowing prey like furries who often have claws could result in a fatal stomach bursting.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pippit » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 pm

Hmm, well I typically see it as more of an uncontrolled natural reaction. Instinct, if you will. Same thing happens with prey animals. They squirm until the end. I think it's all about the survival instinct. Though I do like it when prey squirm just to annoy their captor ahaha~
Pippit
New to the forum

Postby Lavendermyst » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Depending on the pred and vore type, they might be giving them pleasure rather than irritation.

Squirming in their ass might be what the pred wants.
Lavendermyst
New to the forum

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Marco wrote: I know they obviously want to get out, but what exactly are they hoping will happen, if anything?

Well, I identify as prey, and I've never really understood the struggling thing. I assume it's an attempt to injure the predator, but I'm not sure why. I guess they might think it will make them puke them up?

Myself, I don't think it makes much sense, because *there's no way you are getting out by force* anything that's large enough and strong enough to swallow you is going to have a think stomach lining, surrounded by ribs, muscle, and skin. Humans don't have fangs, horns, claws, or beaks. There is literally no way, without a weapon or magic, that you are getting out of there before you die from digestion. (Assuming that you aren't going to suffocate first).

Quite frankly, the only way for a prey to escape is if the pred lets them out; they could be forced, or they could do it willingly, but there's no "bursting out" of the pred's stomach. Which brings me to my second issue with struggling;

If you know you can't burst out, maybe you are doing it to make them uncomfortable so they throw you up? That might work, but it also might not. Being violently attacked on the inside of the stomach is quite likely to *kill* the predator rather than annoy them. The stomach isn't designed to handle any kind of damage; you might think you are helping yourself, but a dead predator is the last thing you want. A dead person can't throw you up! A rupture could kill them in a matter of minutes, if you got through the lining of the stomach. You would still be trapped, but you'd be trapped in a dead person. Digestion wouldn't stop either, there would still be acid inside the stomach.

I think a much better option than struggling is trying to reason your way out; appeal to logic (tell them what will happen if they get caught) or appeal or emotion (make them feel bad about eating you). It's not a great plan, but it makes more sense than trying to kill the thing whose stomach you are trapped in... unless it's not sapient. In that case, you're kinda screwed; you can struggle and hope it barfs you up before you accidentally kill it, because that's the only way your're getting out.

EDIT: As for attracting attention; they might work with the physics in some Vore art, but not with real physics. You aren't going to do anything that's visible from the outside, the stomach, ribs, and other tissue would be far to thick. Nobody is going to see hand prints, face prints, etc like in some artwork.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:45 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:The goal would be to upset the predator's stomach enough to induce vomiting, or to claw their way out. Typically vore ignores that squirming could indeed cause a really upset stomach, and that swallowing prey like furries who often have claws could result in a fatal stomach bursting.

Well, yeah, non human prey might actually be able to escape violently. Something with fangs, horns, etc. would pose a credible threat. Of course, they would still be subject to the same danger of dying inside the pred even after they killed it, if they took too long clawing out. Depending on the size difference, it could be a very high risk decision to try something like that.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aboriginal » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 pm

I think struggling is a nice way to stimulate the stomach into wanting more vigorous digestion to kill the prey faster :).
On the scale of galaxies and stars to cells and molecules, the Universe constantly eats itself, time and time again through generations of things, ad nausea.
Aboriginal
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:18 am

I don't do unwilling too often and even then the predator I tend to use happens to be immortal so it doesn't really hurt him. But I imagine it's just a reflex thing, they want out and struggling is all they can do really. At least until the pred calms them down enough to realize they're safe and sound and there's no need to struggle.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Jayezox » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:43 am

It's natural to squirm and wriggle around in a confined space in an effort to get out. When a prey struggles, I always think it's a last ditch effort to squirm their way out.
Jayezox
---

Postby RuffledFerret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:31 am

It's futile, yes, but when faced with their impending demise I think it makes perfect sense to struggle. They're panicking at that point. They don't want to die. It may be useless, but struggling in that sense isn't based on any sort of logic, it comes from a massive amount of fear towards something that is happening and they're not ready for it. A person that slips and falls from a skyscraper doesn't just settle in and accept their fate, they're more than likely screaming and flailing about, hoping that anything will save them before they hit the ground.
RuffledFerret
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:22 pm

I think it's that they're just trying to cause as much damage to the predator as possible, as a sort of revenge/payback.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby furvoreite » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:47 pm

I think it's just a desire to go down fighting, an attempt to keep as much pride as possible. They don't want to show defeat.
furvoreite
New to the forum

Postby The_Prof » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 pm

in a more realistic mindset the stomach REALLY doesn't like things fighting back so if there's too more going on inside it then one can handle (like having too much in it or triggering pain in the area) will cause the brain to demand the contents be expelled for the sake of easing the undue stress. So a stuggling prey could press against the walls to expand the gut enough to trigger the "danger too full" response or cause enough pain for the "danger: this thing I ate is causing a lot of pain" message to the brain and force the pred to regurgitate them.

Granted in vore scenarios the pred seems to have the power to ignore these rules outside of a few artists who seem really fond of bellyaches. So the prey's struggling is just a futile "rage against the gods" really
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby EnderDracolich » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 pm

The_Prof wrote:in a more realistic mindset the stomach REALLY doesn't like things fighting back so if there's too more going on inside it then one can handle (like having too much in it or triggering pain in the area) will cause the brain to demand the contents be expelled for the sake of easing the undue stress. So a stuggling prey could press against the walls to expand the gut enough to trigger the "danger too full" response or cause enough pain for the "danger: this thing I ate is causing a lot of pain" message to the brain and force the pred to regurgitate them.

Granted in vore scenarios the pred seems to have the power to ignore these rules outside of a few artists who seem really fond of bellyaches. So the prey's struggling is just a futile "rage against the gods" really

That REALLY depends. Most animals that eat live prey, such as frogs and pelicans, don't respond that way. It would be counterproductive to do so. It's probably safe to assume that anything that evolved to eat you alive, isn't going to puke you up just for being alive in it's stomach.

Some animals are also totally incapable of regurgitation at all, typically herbivores with complex stomach systems.

A scaled up human might puke you out, but that's not the case for every conceivable predator.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:55 pm

When it's dubcon or willing rather than full-on unwilling, the purpose of struggling isn't to actually get out.

It's to prove to yourself that you can't. Because that's hot.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Eznam » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:52 pm

My answer is try to prevent the muscles from constricting and squishing on them in order to keep "airflow". If you were trying to get out you'd diddle the esophagus' sphincter or the pyloric one. So clearly if you struggle you're just waiting to get turned into pred.
Eznam
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ihumin » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:25 pm

I like to imagine the stomach is constantly trying to settle around them. When they struggle, stretch it out and push it to its limits, they get a bit of slack, and it gets a little bit roomier... but if they stop moving, it starts to settle around their forms, until movement eventually becomes impossible. It makes sense they'd hope to avoid that inevitably for as long as possible.
Ihumin
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seelane » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Where is the option: To give a "personal" massage to the predator?
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 pm

I went with the 'they don't know' option, as it seemed the most appropriate of all the answers given. By and large, I think that a lot of human behavior is more rationalized (given a rationale after the fact) than rational, but that's a different discussion.

I've been thinking about the swallowed state a lot today. Now, I'm more of a willing-prey sort of fellow, so take that on board. I've been thinking about how nice it would feel to be inside the stomach as it churns around me (mechanical digestion). My pred would (I hope) have taken some omeprazole to reduce stomach acid, and allow my to be lovingly hugged into an unconscious state after which I would expire. I might engage in a type of 'hugging back', which might seem like a form of struggling, though it would not be for the purpose of extracting myself. Instead it would be a form of helping the pred have even more pleasure from having me inside of her.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion