Vore as a Coping Mechanism?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore as a Coping Mechanism?

Postby 2inchlich » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Idk if this is the place to post this but...

Does anyone else use vore (whether it be by producing or viewing any form of media) as a coping mechanism? Like, I deal with ptsd, depression, and anxiety (the latter two are likely caused by the former) and writing or reading about just getting eaten sort of takes a lot of the stress associated with those issues off of me.

I guess it's the giving up of control? I don't have to worry about taxes, rent, or uni if I'm in a giant guy's stomach right? Everything I've had to deal with in my past doesn't matter if I'm being digested (or just trapped inside someone in the case of safe vore). So imagining myself in a situation like that is like taking a huge burden off of my shoulders. Maybe it's just because it's a distraction in general? I'm not sure.

Vore also isn't really a kink for me, it's more of just a hobby, so maybe that has something to do with it. I mean, it is a little bit of a kink, but I enjoy vore outside of sexualized vore as well.

Anyway, thoughts on this? Is anyone else the same or similar?
2inchlich
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore as a Coping Mechanism?

Postby AutumnFerret » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:37 pm

I never thought about it before, but now that you mention it....

I've suffered from severe social anxiety for much of my life, but when I view, read or write about vore it kinda lets me forget about all of that. it lets me forget all of my past mistakes and just focus on the moment. this is especially prevalent in my writing. you wouldn't know it from the way I write but I actually have a... well not really a stutter exactly, but it's more of like a, "i cant quite find the right words to use in any given situation"-itis.... but when i'm writing I feel like I'm actually in control for once. it's a sort of calming feeling. and like you said. it feels nice to realize how little all your problems matter when you're being digested...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
AutumnFerret
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 pm

I remember the same discussion from a few years back here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=39966
Eka
Administrator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Not really, but it's escapism, to an extent. I don't really have anything in my life that I particularly struggle to cope with, but it's still nice to sometimes have a distraction from things going on in the real world.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby EvangelineSkypaw » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 pm

For me, it's therapeutic, for sure. I feel at peace most when I'm fantasizing about safe vore. uwu
I also have despression, most of which stems from loneliness. I have anxiety, too, including social anxiety.

When inside a caring girl's tum, i don't need to worry, because she'll protect me and love me~
Affectionate nomming is so cute~! <3
EvangelineSkypaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:18 pm

I don't have like an actual medical condition but I got a lot of crappy stuff in my life, the biggest being a alcoholic father and being unable to get away, physically that is. Vore lets me get away from it emotionally which has saved me many of times. Something about writing a nice strong man, likely not human entirely, protecting a little girl safe and sound in his belly is so heartwarming and endearing to me, fills me with joy enough to keep from flipping out on dad.

Before anyone panics, I only like vore in a platonic sense, no lewd intent whatsoever.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Jayezox » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 am

I can relate to a lot of posts on here. I'm very meticulous and susceptible to feeling useless whenever I make a mistake or something goes horribly wrong. Couple that with social anxiety and you can see how the next part can be disastrous. I discovered it during my last year in college and that was the perfect time. After I graduated, things went downhill thanks to the bad job market and vore helped me cope with it. I felt completely hopeless and useless which led to a lot of sleepless nights. Life really sucked during that time and I needed a way to escape, but I don't resort to alcohol or drugs to that. Nope, I'd rather find other ways to forget about hardships so I can deal with them more readily and there was vore.

Today is not quite as extreme. It's more of a coping mechanism to deal with living alone, but I am a loner so it's not like I'm depressed like I once was, just a little stir crazy.

I think escaping this world is vore's main purpose, fetish or not. Entering a world where there are caring creatures that you can trust your life with and make them happy at the same time is the best kind of world to live in. Not that this world can't be great like that, but I'm still in the process of learning how to make it that way.

coop500 wrote:I don't have like an actual medical condition but I got a lot of crappy stuff in my life, the biggest being a alcoholic father and being unable to get away, physically that is. Vore lets me get away from it emotionally which has saved me many of times. Something about writing a nice strong man, likely not human entirely, protecting a little girl safe and sound in his belly is so heartwarming and endearing to me, fills me with joy enough to keep from flipping out on dad.

Before anyone panics, I only like vore in a platonic sense, no lewd intent whatsoever.

I just realized something. Vore fantasies could be a reflection of what someone is missing. Having an alcoholic father in real life on one side of the mirror and a protective trustworthy father figure on the other. I'm not a psychologist so I won't put words in your mouth or try to assume what it is, but I definitely think the two are related and not coincidental and I'll leave it at that.

Sorry to pick out your post, but I had to find the outlier here. There are so many of us that are missing a significant other so seeing something similar yet different brings new light into this whole "why does vore exist?" question.
Last edited by Jayezox on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jayezox
---

Postby Merodi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:16 am

I do use it for coping. A big part of my fatal vore stuff is just my trying to cope with being relentlessly bullied, and the prey who get digested and nurture a bigger being are all partially based on my bullies. I guess its a bit of a power fantasy, a large guy just getting rid of those who would or have hurt me, not necessarily for my sake, but simply cause they don't like bullies or abusers or idk and want to get rid of them.
Merodi
Participator

Postby coop500 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:16 am

Jayezox wrote:I just realized something. Vore fantasies could be a reflection of what someone is missing. Having an alcoholic father in real life on one side of the mirror and a protective trustworthy father figure on the other. I'm not a psychologist so I won't put words in your mouth or try to assume what it is, but I definitely think the two are related and not coincidental and I'll leave it at that.

Sorry to pick out your post, but I had to find the outlier here. There are so many of us that are missing a significant other so seeing something similar yet different brings new light into this whole "why does vore exist?" question.

No apology needed, it very likely has a hand in it if not being the main reason for my preference for male predators on the masculine side. Both favorite characters of mine do happen to be fathers or at least father figures/the actor is a dad.
Geralt of Rivia is pretty much the father of Ciri even if not by blood
Lucifer Morningstar's actor, Tom Ellis happens to be a father of 3 daughters.

Granted I prefer for the prey and the predator to be strangers to each other at first, the girl being human or something like that with the predator being something a little more on the scary/infamous side. (Witchers have a bad reputation and well, Lucifer is the Devil soooo ) But the intent is similar, keep the little one safe, warm and hopefully happy/ease her fears of being eaten at first of course.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Dekkard2 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Yeah, I guess it kind of is like a coping mechanism for how crappy life is sometimes. Though when I get home from work I'm usually too exhausted to draw anything so I can't use it as an escape then ^^; . Though I do enjoy looking at other's vore works so I guess it balances out. I guess I tend to like to draw and see giantess vore as a cope for being too chicken sh!t to ask a woman out but I might just be reaching here.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Kitsouille » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Sexual excitation takes the mind off of things, in a way. It's in no way complex or severe for me but it helps me get over stressful days and old depressing days I wish I could stay in bed.
Kitsouille
???

Postby SpiceWeasel » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:58 pm

For me, it's stress relief. I find that it can be a comfort to think about, but it's nice just as far as creating something in general. (Which reminds me, I need to do more of that.)
SpiceWeasel
Participator

Postby Seelane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:35 pm

As any of my other delusions, it helps me forget my problems...(Until I read a thread on Eka about problems and I go in heavy depression again!)^^
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:56 am

I won't go into my own horrible list of mental problems, but I will say that the stupid fluffy safe willing stuff I prefer really does help. Closest you could possibly get to someone without your souls being mixed into each other, which, tbh, I still think should be used more in "wholesome" materials. But that theme of closeness and love isn't exclusive with vore, but is something I search for constantly in other forms of fiction as well. Just... Never really find anything that works quite as well.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion