Offended by misconceptions about vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Offended by misconceptions about vore?

Postby VampireBunny » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:08 pm

I would find it offensive, however, I can't because a lot of the complaints I hear are just, true...
As much as I love to tell someone whos saying that vore is about people who jerk off to animal snuff videos on youtube and liveleak or can't get off to anything but complete sadistic cruelty, that I'm into it because I find it cute and cuddly, and that I put in effort to stay away from those other things. It's not really possible to really defend the entirety of vore. Because I hear hate like that and it makes me sad because, its true, I am under the same roof as the people that "haters" are talking about...
VampireBunny
Been posting for a bit

Postby blergle » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:38 pm

It doesn't really bother me, I guess because I don't see it turning into a civil rights obstacle. So far legislation seems to be leaving fetishists alone so long as they're law-abiding. I spend 24/7 being upset at people having misconceptions about things that will get me murdered, so I can kind of laugh off the idiots that misread vore. So far.
blergle
---

Postby Scrumptious » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:12 am

VampireBunny has a good point. How do you know if something is a misconception about vore. The vore label encompasses so much that the conception might be true, even if it is about a niche element of the vore community.

To the original question, I try not to bother myself with getting offended with people's misconceptions. For starters, we all have misconceptions, and I have not really encountered people having misconceptions about vore. I only really engage about vore with other people here on this forum. It's not a topic I converse with other people about, and so I don't hear their misconceptions in order to be offended by them.

But can you all share your experiences of witnessing those misconceptions?
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:30 am

Scrumptious wrote:VampireBunny has a good point. How do you know if something is a misconception about vore. The vore label encompasses so much that the conception might be true, even if it is about a niche element of the vore community.

To the original question, I try not to bother myself with getting offended with people's misconceptions. For starters, we all have misconceptions, and I have not really encountered people having misconceptions about vore. I only really engage about vore with other people here on this forum. It's not a topic I converse with other people about, and so I don't hear their misconceptions in order to be offended by them.

But can you all share your experiences of witnessing those misconceptions?

I think the misconceptions addressed are more of an overly generalisation of an other wise extreme niche part of Vore. Take for example that people thinks that vore only refer to having desires to be cannibalized by someone in real life and every people who have it thinks that way. This is the kind of misconception that is referred here. Of course, a small part of the community's are into that and even only that, but that definitely not apply to everybody. However, people with this misconception will them form an opinions of it on everyone they discover are into vore the same way that some people view Musulmans as all extremists or terrorists why 99% are not.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ninjajoeman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:36 am

Im offended by how loud our community is getting. I dont want this to be the furry fandom. Im seeing vore being mentioned left and right. I think it's just a fetish that should remain behind locked doors.

Not an identity.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Verilo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:30 am

It just seems really silly to me (as an adult with bigger things to worry about) to lose your mind over what people think of something you enjoy. It's a perversion of sexuality and that's something that can't be dismissed. If people think it's weird, that's because it is. It really does boggle the mind to see fetishists of any community look at the "normies" and blame them for anything. "They don't like what I like"? Most people don't and that's not their problem.

If you start talking about vore in a place where it doesn't belong, I'd be surprised if you ever got a positive reaction. Don't bring it up and most people won't find out. Don't make yourself out to be something worthy of mention and you'll find yourself away from it.

I'm offended by perverts (myself included) who inflate their hobbies into an entire identity and make ridiculous statements about oppression or overcoming the "normies". There was a meme-worthy picture the My Little Pony fandom threw around for a short while comparing them to the American Civil Rights Movement. "Look how foolish they'll seem in 40 years." they said. No, look how foolish you seem now. You were never slaves and you were never denied equal rights/employment/civility based on your favorite children's cartoon. Fetishists are exactly the same. Nobody is turning the hoses on you for standing up for yourself.

Draw your pictures; write your stories; share your experiences, but don't expect the outside world to respect you based on your perversion. If they look at you and hate you for having curly hair or being left handed or some other silly thing then sure, take offense, but otherwise this isn't a hill anyone will honor you for dying on.
Verilo
Somewhat familiar

Postby TerriblesJeux » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am

It's just tiring and depressing when people hold onto a very simplistic and narrow definition. Same with vore, other fetishes or anything at all.

With vore most seem to either think cannibalism, or if they have heard it, they are thinking furry same-size stuff. Both are vore, definitely. Neither is my thing and neither gives a good picture of the whole thing, so there's lots of ground to cover when discussing this even with well-intentioned people.

I encounter the same problems with sizechange fetish. ("oh so it's all about feet and trampling of cities?")
TerriblesJeux
Been posting for a bit

Postby Borealis » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:52 am

Vore is so varied that it's almost inevitable. Sometimes we as a community have got to throw our arms up, look at some of our content and just shrug and say- yeah, we're pretty weird. I know my vore work is!

It used to bug me when I had the fetish as a fragile 17, 18 year old and was just feeling my way into the internet scene, but now I just mentally laugh it off.

Granted, I have and will continue to talk prospective future partners about the nature of my kinks, and my take on the fetish though, as there are subsets I don't personally want to be lumped in with. But this is more a private matter and a one to one discussion with someone I'd care about.

If some edgy commenter on the internet (who is most likely insecure about their own sexual compass) views me as whatever then I don't really care, frankly.
Voyager of canine interiors...

In my story gallery, macro feral and anthro fun awaits you...
Borealis
---

Postby Doku » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:10 pm

ninjajoeman wrote:Im offended by how loud our community is getting. I dont want this to be the furry fandom. Im seeing vore being mentioned left and right. I think it's just a fetish that should remain behind locked doors.

Not an identity.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly. Some level of shared community aids in producing the desired art, but I am not one who has ever been comfortable with the volume with which some sometimes speak on the topic. It's not a fetish for the broad light of day.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 32n59Deleted » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 am

Nah, for one I understand why it's weird to people on the outside who don't have the fetish. For two, it's just human nature to oversimplify things they don't understand and probably are never gonna get into themselves.
32n59Deleted
Intermediate Vorarephile

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion