What Pov ahould I make my vore text game?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What Pov ahould I make my vore text game?

Postby Dele02b62862 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:18 pm

So I've been working on a text based game for a while now. And I decided to start over because my code was too messy from when I was learning. So I started from scratch again and so far I'm off to a good start but I've run into a roadblock on a decision I have to make. Any original Incarnation the game was going to be first person view like most text based games. But this was brought into question when I decided to make it after your character gets eaten you have temporary control over the predator. Because you have to assume first person controls the predator and I didn't like that exactly. So now I've changed it so it's third person present tense view of your character and of the Predator after your eating. I still can't decide if I want to do the first one or the second one in terms of perspective. So I'm asking you guys your opinion which one should I do?
Dele02b62862
Somewhat familiar

Re: What Pov ahould I make my vore text game?

Postby Jayezox » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 am

I would stick with the first one. You can still be clever with that point of view and here are a couple of ways to do it while controlling the damage:

1) adding context like the predator just feels like giving the prey options for fun. The predators asks the player, "I can't decide what to do so I'll let you decide. Should I do this or that?"
2) Make it seem like the player is trying to predict the outcome. "You have a bad feeling the predator will do this or that"
3) My favorite. Give the player some choices that will lead to the different outcomes, but makes it obvious how the predator will react. It's hard to give a generic text so I have to give a slightly less generic example. The predator pins you down having total control over you and says, "I noticed you staring at me. Which part of me do you like best?" Of course the answers are various body parts the predator can devour the player with.

I think context like that helps keep the immersion in tact while keeping that sweet point of view.
Jayezox
---

Re: What Pov ahould I make my vore text game?

Postby fieldmousse » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Unless your game uses the I/me pronouns, which I doubt it does, it is not the first person.
Second person perspective, which I assume you are talking about, is when you refer to the reading as "you".

Eg. "you pick up a the brick and examine it"

There are pros/cons to both perspectives. It really depends on what matters more to you for your game.
Third person perspective has more flexibility. It allows for the player to control multiple characters and the game can refer to player(s) using a wide variety of nouns and you can use adjectives/adverbs!
Eg.
"The dog growled at the cat"
"The humongous hound growled at the cat"
But 2nd person can only be:
"You growled at the cat"

I would argue that second person perspective is more immersive for the reader. There has been discussion of reader-centred writing vs writer-centred writing and I think those arguments apply:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=reader+c ... e&ie=UTF-8

I hope these things give you more to think about and help you make the decision of which perspective to use
fieldmousse
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion