M Pred hate, from a M Pred fan's perspective

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: M Pred hate, from a M Pred fan's perspective

Postby Folin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:59 pm

Chameleonette wrote:Also, not to invalidate anyone's personal issues with any part of the community, but I want to remind people that this thread was specifically about the issue of male pred-related hate and the experiences that people have had with that and addressing it as a problem that many have faced and dealt with. Pointing fingers back like 'hey there's an instance where this happened to me in the reverse!' and 'maybe they deserve this because of how they conduct themselves!' will get this nowhere, honestly. It's detracting from the issue that was originally stated and the purpose of this thread. No one is here attacking anyone else's preferences or saying they're 'bad' or 'wrong'. We're trying to conduct a conversation about a problem that has been around for a great deal of time and discussing our experiences with it and raising awareness that this problem exists. This isn't a blame game---it's about addressing that there is an issue here and trying to move forward in a positive direction.

If you want to move to a more positive direction, stifling people's experiences regardless if they go against the echo chamber of "MPred fans have it the hardest" surely isn't the way to do it.
Especially not if the thread title is "Male Pred hate from a M Pred fans perspective", and those other Mpred fans are giving you a different perspective.
Folin
New to the forum

Postby pudgepire » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Chameleonette wrote:Also, not to invalidate anyone's personal issues with any part of the community, but I want to remind people that this thread was specifically about the issue of male pred-related hate and the experiences that people have had with that and addressing it as a problem that many have faced and dealt with. Pointing fingers back like 'hey there's an instance where this happened to me in the reverse!' and 'maybe they deserve this because of how they conduct themselves!' will get this nowhere, honestly. It's detracting from the issue that was originally stated and the purpose of this thread. No one is here attacking anyone else's preferences or saying they're 'bad' or 'wrong'. We're trying to conduct a conversation about a problem that has been around for a great deal of time and discussing our experiences with it and raising awareness that this problem exists. This isn't a blame game---it's about addressing that there is an issue here and trying to move forward in a positive direction.

On that note, I have found that creating niches for people into these less liked/less welcome preferences has helped. I do feel better about being a part of the community now than I did years ago. But I think that in raising this awareness, things can continue to get better. And over time, perhaps more of these lurkers who are afraid to interact or involve themselves will feel like they have a place in the vore community and can and will be appreciated and welcomed without fear of backlash. I'll continue to try to do what I can to make that happen.

How does pointing out that animosity on both sides is making things worse for everyone detract from the issue at hand? It isn't placing blame, really, but toxic ideals on both sides have caused the current state of things and make things bad for a lot of people. Sometimes when you're faced with a lot of people acting a certain way towards you, some self-reflection can help you realise that there's more to it than just "mmm mmm. other side bad. my side good." If you want people to acknowledge and be remorseful for how their actions are hurting you, you (not you specifically, but more of a general and vague "you") need to do the same.

A lot of the people responding about feeling different ways are people that like Mpred that have felt alienated by the way many mpred fans talk about people that like fpred. Like myself. And I know several others who like both who feel the same. These are inter-related things that shouldn't be stifled or silenced.
pudgepire
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 pm

I've mostly skimmed through those 5-6 pages, read some really shitty stuff, sad stuff, etc. and I want to add my two cents although it's probably redundant but I just want to show support for male preds. Telling people what they should get turned on by? Telling artists they didn't get turned on by their art? Like, who cares? Why care? Exposure to stuff you don't like and find gross happens, sure, nobody likes it, but leave out the whole bullying part. Jerks are everywhere, even in niche places.

Homophobia plays a part too in some cases. That term is a bit weird I think, because it seems that it's not that homosexuals are hated, but more that the hater seem afraid of being turned on and proceed to unleash an exaggerated sign of disapproval at the slightest exposure? Either as loud fake gagging or by unleashing a big rant of hate. Or stuff like "you've ruined my day, congrats". But the worst part regardless of the cause is the mindset many, too many people have, where you can never hope to explain anything to them. What they don't like is the black plague. You can't even begin to explain them because the concept is too alien and it feels like inserting a NES cartridge into a xbox.

Not sure I actually added anything, I don't think so. Male pred fans, you're doing nothing wrong, keep going and you are very appreciated.
Kitsouille
???

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:20 pm

I've seen similar things come my way as a writer. I get requests and commissions every now and then for Mm (Male Pred and male prey). I won't do it. Not because of personal bias (I have gay friends), but because it doesn't exactly make me comfortable. I'm a straight male myself, and so I can't exactly... see it. I can't conceptualize a gay relationship in my mind well enough to write it. At the same time, I have my own "Ships" as far as shows go. For example... I ship Applejack and Rainbow Dash from MLP. I ship them HARD. Sail the AppleDash flag ship and sink all the others. I also ship Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I don't ship that one as hard, but I ship it. AppleDash is the Flag Ship, FlutterDash is the supply vessel. I DO NOT, ABSOLUTELY NEVER WILL, ship Flashlight (Twilight and Flash Sentry). That's because of both personal reasons (I ship my OC with Twilight), and artistic reasons (he was DESIGNED to be complimentary to her. Not enough reason). I know there are people out there who ship FlashLight. I'll read their works. I'll look at heir art. If we discuss our ships, I'll argue and fight. It's all matter of preference. Otherwise, topic at hand, I don't do Male on Male fics. Not my thing. I've delved into it a tad, to see if I could do it... and the gay characters tend to wind up either tossed to the wayside, killed off, or turned into side characters while the main characters, usually a straight male or straight female (or lesbian female if the mood strikes me), go on adventures. If you look at my works over on FiMFiction, I do have a couple fics where the characters act COMPLETELY out of character. It's all for the sake of art. If people want to critisize me for that... let 'em. It's art. I'm not hurting anyone physically with it. I'm not saying "Read this or I'll kill your puppy." I'm not shoving it down their throats so they choke on it if they don't read it. If they don't wanna read it, fine. Don't read it. If they read it an then comment "This is shit. This is garbage and you're a horrible human being for writing this." ... WHY THE HELL DID YOU READ IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? Don't read something, decide you're not going to like it, and comment that it's trash. People don't seem to know how that makes writers feel. "Oh, my works trash? Maybe I shouldn't write then." Self esteem is a BIG part of writing.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby pudgepire » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:45 pm

CrimsonFangX666 wrote:I've seen similar things come my way as a writer. I get requests and commissions every now and then for Mm (Male Pred and male prey). I won't do it. Not because of personal bias (I have gay friends), but because it doesn't exactly make me comfortable. I'm a straight male myself, and so I can't exactly... see it. I can't conceptualize a gay relationship in my mind well enough to write it. At the same time, I have my own "Ships" as far as shows go. For example... I ship Applejack and Rainbow Dash from MLP. I ship them HARD. Sail the AppleDash flag ship and sink all the others. I also ship Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash. I don't ship that one as hard, but I ship it. AppleDash is the Flag Ship, FlutterDash is the supply vessel. I DO NOT, ABSOLUTELY NEVER WILL, ship Flashlight (Twilight and Flash Sentry). That's because of both personal reasons (I ship my OC with Twilight), and artistic reasons (he was DESIGNED to be complimentary to her. Not enough reason). I know there are people out there who ship FlashLight. I'll read their works. I'll look at heir art. If we discuss our ships, I'll argue and fight. It's all matter of preference. Otherwise, topic at hand, I don't do Male on Male fics. Not my thing. I've delved into it a tad, to see if I could do it... and the gay characters tend to wind up either tossed to the wayside, killed off, or turned into side characters while the main characters, usually a straight male or straight female (or lesbian female if the mood strikes me), go on adventures. If you look at my works over on FiMFiction, I do have a couple fics where the characters act COMPLETELY out of character. It's all for the sake of art. If people want to critisize me for that... let 'em. It's art. I'm not hurting anyone physically with it. I'm not saying "Read this or I'll kill your puppy." I'm not shoving it down their throats so they choke on it if they don't read it. If they don't wanna read it, fine. Don't read it. If they read it an then comment "This is shit. This is garbage and you're a horrible human being for writing this." ... WHY THE HELL DID YOU READ IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? Don't read something, decide you're not going to like it, and comment that it's trash. People don't seem to know how that makes writers feel. "Oh, my works trash? Maybe I shouldn't write then." Self esteem is a BIG part of writing.

you do realise that not all male pred is m/m and a lot of it is m/f or m/? too.

i don't see how "conceptualising" a homosexual relationship between males is that much harder than conceptualising a homosexual relationship between cartoon horses but... like i don't care if you don't like m/m-- different strokes for different folks and such. but that reasoning is really fucking bizarre and i don't know why you want to come on a post about male preds and talk about f/f and how you ship all of these ponies together.
pudgepire
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaykayeight » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:47 pm

Actually(!) all the guys should be more than happy that this is a real issue! Why? Because it proves that they are quite literally not alone with the fetish. Real girls who are really hetero crave naturally the most obvious vore constellation M/F. Don't hate it! Love it! Id love to provide! I think both sides will benefit a lot with more awareness. And guys! Just try to pull up some blood to your brains again :D Think! For god's sake! Think!

EDIT: Btw. isn't that weird enough? Girls fighting for male preds in the vore community? Turning the whole gender issue upside down? Bless them! This is the second weirdest thing only possible in vore, directly after lesbian girls craving to devour boys :)
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:07 am

jaykayeight wrote:This is the second weirdest thing only possible in vore, directly after lesbian girls craving to devour boys :)

I'm like 80% sure I'm the only person on this website that fits that description. I will accept that weirdest thing you've ever encountered in the vore fandom badge with reluctant dignity, though.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby granblue » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:33 am

Girls advocating for M/f vore is no weirder than guys advocating for F/m vore, jaykayeight. Many people just like bein' prey.
granblue
Participator

Postby JirachiWishes » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:53 am

Holy hell, already past 100 posts.

Also guys, just a quick reminder that we're not here to point fingers at each other. I made this post for the sole purpose to raise awareness of this issue. We're not here to attack F Pred or any of the sort. We're also not here for M/M specifically. We're talking M Pred as a whole!

Reading some of these posts claiming that M Pred is viewed as flipping the whole gender politics on it's head thing... it's an interesting point. Why is F Pred any less damaging of a gender thing than a male pred? I've heard people say that M/F is just such a toxic pairing in vore, but why? Because a man is doing something potentially dangerous to a woman? How is it different from a woman doing the same thing to a man? I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're a male pred being told that your leaning is toxic and you should feel ashamed? Don't listen to them. It's a dumb excuse to shame someone. Gender politics is a strange thing. What makes an M Pred automatically worse than an F Pred? In the end of the day, they're both doing the same action. So just because they're male, it's ten times worse? No, that line of thinking in of itself is toxic. It's these weird standards that honestly tire me out even in the real world. I'm a female, and golly am I sick of gender politics making my preference in vore 'unhealthy' and 'toxic'.
Call me Rime! Lover of male preds and macro/micro, hopeless romantic and daydreamer.
JirachiWishes
Been posting for a bit

Postby jaggedjagd » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:20 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Siorche » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:27 am

JirachiWishes wrote:Holy hell, already past 100 posts.

Also guys, just a quick reminder that we're not here to point fingers at each other. I made this post for the sole purpose to raise awareness of this issue. We're not here to attack F Pred or any of the sort. We're also not here for M/M specifically. We're talking M Pred as a whole!

Reading some of these posts claiming that M Pred is viewed as flipping the whole gender politics on it's head thing... it's an interesting point. Why is F Pred any less damaging of a gender thing than a male pred? I've heard people say that M/F is just such a toxic pairing in vore, but why? Because a man is doing something potentially dangerous to a woman? How is it different from a woman doing the same thing to a man? I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're a male pred being told that your leaning is toxic and you should feel ashamed? Don't listen to them. It's a dumb excuse to shame someone. Gender politics is a strange thing. What makes an M Pred automatically worse than an F Pred? In the end of the day, they're both doing the same action. So just because they're male, it's ten times worse? No, that line of thinking in of itself is toxic. It's these weird standards that honestly tire me out even in the real world. I'm a female, and golly am I sick of gender politics making my preference in vore 'unhealthy' and 'toxic'.

I'm probably a broken record at this point.....but if someone's doing that to you, it's actually not allowed on the site. neither is commentors begging for free art relentlessly or stuff like that. Harassment/belittlement/etc, not okay! If a user is frequently problematic, be sure to report them to one of the global admin. If someone is saying your kink or concept or whatever is 'toxic' somehow to a fake fantasy cannibalism fetish that isn't real then they have serious problems fam. Regardless of what you're a fan of! F/F fans, M/F fans, m/m fans, if someones hating on your stuff and/or being a jerk, feel free to PM a mod.

I'm only a chat moderator, but from what i've read here people have faced abuse there too. If too much time has passed I can't really do anything right now, but if people are regularly abusing you please let me know
Siorche
Worst Final Boss
Worst Final Boss

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:36 am

Artemis wrote:I'm like 80% sure I'm the only person on this website that fits that description. I will accept that weirdest thing you've ever encountered in the vore fandom badge with reluctant dignity, though.

:) I love it! Weird was the wrong word, it's amazing. The vore rainbow has a different color spectrum.

Browsing through the M/F content, often the males depicted are somehow so cute and could pass as girls. Don't get me wrong I love generally cute preds and traps but I guess the "male" male pred content is even less? Trying to think from a person who is into boys, I think the male form just being hinted by a flat chest isn't enough, or? Is this representing the taste or is this somehow a compromise?
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 am

jaykayeight wrote:Browsing through the M/F content, often the males depicted are somehow so cute and could pass as girls. Don't get me wrong I love generally cute preds and traps but I guess the "male" male pred content is even less? Trying to think from a person who is into boys, I think the male form just being hinted by a flat chest isn't enough, or? Is this representing the taste or is this somehow a compromise?

Wait, what?

Taste in male preds, even if you're talking from a strictly female point of view, is extremely varied. Yes, I know a lot of folks who are into femboys, but it's not a 'compromise' to them of anything. It's just what appeals to them and what they are attracted to. And I'm into bishounen, myself ("beautiful boys"), which are a staple in a lot of anime/manga, but pretty clearly male in most cases. And I also know a lot of folks who find appeal in very rugged guys, older guys, muscled men, and huge, bulky guys. It has nothing to do with 'passing as girls' for a lot of the straight gals (though that aspect may very well appeal to some bi ladies who enjoy both). The male form can be attractive to people in different ways, different sizes, different types/species, etc, the same way a female form can. There might be more prominent content of certain types of boys, but as someone deep into the M/F community and who has been there for many years, I can definitely say that female preferences regarding boys/men are very diverse. And there are some who enjoy all of those types, too, or several. It can even depend on the character and personality for some that they find appealing, too. There's really just... so many factors that are dependent on someone's specific tastes. And it also depends on how many of them are content makers, since the ones who make a lot of content are generally going to stand out as making that content seem more prominent.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Dekkard2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:16 am

No fattys or dad bods though right?
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Chameleonette » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:26 am

Dekkard2 wrote:No fattys or dad bods though right?

That's what I meant by big, bulky guys. And yes, there are folks into them, too. And chubby boys. Cute boys, monstrous ones (or even full on monsters) and anything and everything between, from all sorts of anthros to demi-humans, humans, and what have you.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby jaykayeight » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:34 am

Chameleonette wrote:
Wait, what?

Taste in male preds, even if you're talking from a strictly female point of view, is extremely varied. Yes, I know a lot of folks who are into femboys, but it's not a 'compromise' to them of anything. It's just what appeals to them and what they are attracted to. And I'm into bishounen, myself ("beautiful boys"), which are a staple in a lot of anime/manga, but pretty clearly male in most cases. And I also know a lot of folks who find appeal in very rugged guys, older guys, muscled men, and huge, bulky guys. It has nothing to do with 'passing as girls' for a lot of the straight gals (though that aspect may very well appeal to some bi ladies who enjoy both).

Ah ok! I'm glad. I thought male males as preds are swept under the artistic rug so to speak. That would be even worse.
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby JackNoName » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:38 pm

In general, people do think it is easier to draw females than males.
On top of that a lot of people also draw anime, which often by itself has men with more lean bodies than bulky and muscled. If you go through art on deviantart, tumblr, instagram or basically anywhere else, there is a huge majority in female pictures too. I think there are more artists specialized in drawing slim, curvy and elegant bodies than harsh, rugged and toned.

These might also be factors why its more rare to find strong bulky or fat (dad body) preds than femboys and "pretty" boys.
JackNoName
Somewhat familiar

Postby granblue » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:40 pm

I personally happen to think that pudgy men with big potbellies are the absolute best~

I have no idea why you’d assume nobody is into them.

On an side note, guys with facial hair are very underrated...
granblue
Participator

Postby Chofeiyu » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:50 pm

granblue wrote:I personally happen to think that pudgy men with big potbellies are the absolute best~

I have no idea why you’d assume nobody is into them.

On an side note, guys with facial hair are very underrated...

Right?! Ignoring the whole assumption there, I honestly love pudgy men, and a pot belly is just a huge bonus , super underrated. As for facial hair, I totally agree! There's just something super mature and charming about it that I just love! (I'd love to talk more about it in general, but pm's might be a better place then this forum, aha)
Any sense she may have once had has been churned away, much to like the rest of her...
Chofeiyu
New to the forum

Postby Dekkard2 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Chameleonette wrote:

That's what I meant by big, bulky guys. And yes, there are folks into them, too. And chubby boys. Cute boys, monstrous ones (or even full on monsters) and anything and everything between, from all sorts of anthros to demi-humans, humans, and what have you.

Oh ok cool
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion