M Pred hate, from a M Pred fan's perspective

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: M Pred hate, from a M Pred fan's perspective

Postby granblue » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Some of it can be summed up to a baffling level of blind homophobia. I've noticed that, in general 'geek' culture, anything that portrays men as attractive - even if it's catering to women - is frequently derided as being 'gay'. These accusations became most prominent with Free!, a shoujo (for girls) anime that got a ton of homophobes super butthurt for some reason.

You heard that right. Apparently, being attracted to men is enough to get you called gay, even if you're a woman. Who knew?

Anyway, myself, I can't support M/f vore enough. Anything that involves cute, hungry, chubby boys is 10/10 to me >.>
granblue
Participator

Postby Chofeiyu » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 pm

So, full disclaimer. I'm very new to the community and have yet to really learn much about it, or even properly contribute to it. A lot of what's being said are things that very much sound real to me and make sense, but nothing that I can say I'm certain of per say, as I've needless to say, have yet to have an encounter like this. That out of my way, here are my thoughts:

First off, I really do sympathise. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little sad to hear that because of my gender I'd be "typecasted" so to speak to fill somebody else's wants, simply because of something as silly as being girl. The way I personally see it, and I'm fully aware that this isn't the only view on the subject, nor is it mandatory to have, is that this is for the most part, a fantasy based fetish, so it makes me sad knowing that something that is unrelated to it, and for all intents and purposes, irrelevant, would be used to force me into a role I'm simply not. (I'm really not trying to dive into anything like "girls being mistreated", I'm just adding this as I can see that might be what it seems like, but it's just focused on us because that's what was brought up, nothing more.). It doesn't pertain to just girls, or even male preds, but as a general common courtesy, don't assume these sorts of things, it's just the polite thing to do.

Moving on to male preds, I'm not sure it matters per say, but for full transparency, I'll share my stance on this, and I guess my thoughts on boys in general. I guess you could say when it comes to liking a person's body, I'm very vain. I don't really care too much for gender per say, but more so on looks. I like cuter softer features, more relaxed, that sort of thing. This has lead me to for the most part, be entirely interested in girls when it comes to real life, as simply but, the vast majority of girls have these general features, where as boys do not (or at least in my area), and instead have stronger more defined features. That being said of course their are boys who fit my completely unfair wants, but the truth is, not many do. Now with that out in the open, that is far from the case online. I've found myself loving male preds here, because with stories, I can leave it all to my imagination when it comes to these things, and with art, most often I find these real world constraints are very much not a factor. If I want to find a boy with what I want, there is very little stopping me to do so, and as such, I very much enjoy male preds, as for lack of a better term, it's something I'm more or less "starved" off, and as such, can't get enough, aha. And that's sort of where I'm coming from in my views on it personally. Bottom line, I love it.

Moving on from that though, I think a big reason this is an issue (please forgive me if this comes out wrong or offends, it really isn't my intent, so if I upset anybody, please know it was not intentional, I just struggle with my wording at times), is because this seems to be a male dominated field. That's not to say that they are the majority of it, just.... the loud majority of it? Not sure how to word it, what I'm trying to say is that either way, it feels like it's a male dominated field, given how much of the field that is vocal, are males (again, there are no facts here, this is just a general feel I have gotten, nothing more then that). So you have a vocal majority who are interested in girls, and there isn't anything wrong with that, but even a minority of this majority is a large chunk of people in general, so when a minority of them with what I'll call poor filters vocalise themselves on something like this, it still stands out, and can be overwhelming. In fact, I'm sure a lot of them don't mean anything by it either. When I hear the example that was given "It'd be better if it were a girl", or things along those lines, it's not so much them stating "Boys are gross!", but more so "I prefer girls". That being said, it still comes off as rude, and can be taken very poorly, but it's important to note the intent behind it. That being said, you then have the nasty bunch of people in general that seem to exist for a lot of niches in these sorts of things simple to bother you for your likes, and well it's unfair, I'm not sure what to do about that. If people want to be rude, I have full faith in the mods and Eka herself taking action, especially when we as a community pitch in via reporting people, or at least trying to tell them maybe you shouldn't do what you're doing sort of thing, just to attempt to resolve things nicely.

But I get it, it can be very discouraging to like something when not only are you the minority, but you have an even larger population of people seemingly bashing you for it. I understand that all too well. I really want to get involved with the male pred scene down the line, as for instance, a lot of the people here seem well mannered, smart, and to top it off, kind and considerate of others. I really want to be a part of this community, and for it to grow in general, in fact I'd like nothing more. I think if most people knew what effect they were having, they wouldn't do it, but I'm sorry to say I'm not sure how to make a message so large and impacting either.

Anyhow, that's just my thoughts on this. I want to stress that none of this was meant to offend, and if it did, I'm very sorry. The points I used were just ones that best resonated with me, and that's really all there was in it, nothing else was intended other then to try and make my thoughts and stance clear and transparent.
Any sense she may have once had has been churned away, much to like the rest of her...
Chofeiyu
New to the forum

Postby merlovinit » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 pm

granblue wrote:Some of it can be summed up to a baffling level of blind homophobia. I've noticed that, in general 'geek' culture, anything that portrays men as attractive - even if it's catering to women - is frequently derided as being 'gay'. These accusations became most prominent with Free!, a shoujo (for girls) anime that got a ton of homophobes super butthurt for some reason.

You heard that right. Apparently, being attracted to men is enough to get you called gay, even if you're a woman. Who knew?

Anyway, myself, I can't support M/f vore enough. Anything that involves cute, hungry, chubby boys is 10/10 to me >.>

There are definitely a lot of "straight" guys who are straight up terrified of seeing sexy men. The extremely butthurt ones are probably fighting their repressed homosexuality.
merlovinit
Participator

Postby Bradleymiddler » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:24 pm

I've never hated male preds to the degree some apparently do, just found it offputting/*really* not to my taste. Sorry to hear that bad stuff happened.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:47 pm

merlovinit wrote:
granblue wrote:Some of it can be summed up to a baffling level of blind homophobia. I've noticed that, in general 'geek' culture, anything that portrays men as attractive - even if it's catering to women - is frequently derided as being 'gay'. These accusations became most prominent with Free!, a shoujo (for girls) anime that got a ton of homophobes super butthurt for some reason.

There are definitely a lot of "straight" guys who are straight up terrified of seeing sexy men. The extremely butthurt ones are probably fighting their repressed homosexuality.

Yet those same guys will get off to giant women slurping on other women.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Liz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:33 am

Greetings and Salutations to people in this topic ^^

I enjoy playing my OC, Liz who is a Female / Herm depending on my mood set with her and also I have played a male version of her. While I don’t like M/M stuff I don’t mind F/M M/F stuff at all to be honest. I know a few players who get harassed by randoms to play predator and it does annoy the crap out of me. In short people on the chatroom can be rude buggers wanting everyone to go towards their own personal tastes only which can be frustrating.

As a hobby / for fun artist – I have had people come after me for not drawing to their tastes or not drawing something they’d prefer and it did annoy me enough to block them.

Also saying someone is homosexual due to they are butt hurt over seeing a sexy male is not very constructive towards the topic. Honestly some male players see 'sexy males' as a turn off just as some people here see female predators as a turn off and that doesn''t make them gay, its just their preferences.

If you get a player who bothers you, wanting you to play a predator when you aren’t into that thing then politely decline and if they insist say you are muting them and if they continue you will contact the mods. I find being direct and saying “No thank you.” Or “I don’t do that.” Does give most people the hint.

As I said before everyone has preferences, some may say Females are Superior and some may say Males are… some might even say Gender Neutral Cottage Cheese Demis are the only Superior predators and they are allowed to have that opinion as long as they don’t force it onto others. Saying your kinks is fine as long as you don’t force other players to RP or draw what you like. If people say something you don’t like I personally just passively ignore them and move on or in worst case mute them.

My two cents on the subject.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Dekkard2 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:42 am

I don't think merlovinit was calling anyone gay for being butt hurt over seeing a dude I think he was referring to the ones that feeling the need to verbally assault people for making m/f m/m art
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:12 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:27 am

MidnightRose wrote:
Scrumptious wrote:Of course I wish that more (of you) lovely ladies identified as pred, but my wishes are not your commands.

??? I'm sorry but, this really isn't something we needed to hear.

My apologies if my words were not well chosen. I was merely identifying as part of the large plurality (if not majority) here - the plurality that also includes the trolls we are calling out: male F/m fans. I'm identifying as an ally against the trolls within my group, signalling that - despite my membership in the group of male F/m fans - I don't think the troll behavior, which comes from a perverse sense of entitlement, is okay. I think the troll behavior needs to stop.

I'm happy that you don't need to hear it - that you don't think that my assertion of alliance with you, despite my vore preferences, is of value. That means that you don't need me, and you can slay the trolls on your own. I'll just be here cheering you on anyway.

On the other hand, if you're just angry at male F/m fans and want to lash out at me as a member of that group, that's fine by me too. I've got thick skin, and won't change my stance against the trolls just because of a little friendly fire. That said, I don't think you're going to do yourself any favors. I do, however, think you'll tend to create more trolls that way when you lash out at people who are more reactionary than I am.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chofeiyu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 am

I think you misunderstand. Their problem was simply with the comment that they quoted, which comes off as simply put, rather creepy. It's not that they don't need to hear what you have to say, or that they're "lashing out", they simply found your comment off putting, which in all fairness, it is.
Any sense she may have once had has been churned away, much to like the rest of her...
Chofeiyu
New to the forum

Postby Shadowslayer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:27 am

JirachiWishes wrote:Hello everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if this blows up in my face, but I'm here to raise awareness.

I am a straight female with a very heavy prey leaning. I never play a pred unless it's with one of my OCs. Of course, people in my position will probably fantasize more about guys. I love my M Preds. Personally, they're the only preds that I ever do anything with. Nothing is wrong with F Preds, because I understand that many people are in different situations, leanings, etc... but here's the issue.

If you're a girl who goes into the chatrooms here, most people automatically assume you're a giantess/a pred. If you write or draw anything with a male pred, people will comment saying they'd like it way more if it was a female pred instead. Let me say this right now, these things are rather disrespectful. In my time here, I've seen M Preds get so much negativity. I've also heard people say that M Preds don't get negativity.

I have female friends who have been harassed to play a pred. I have friends who get passive aggressive comments saying that they wish their works had a female pred instead of a male. People get upset at M Pred people for defending our stances when they're put down in one form or another... but of course we're going to defend ourselves. We're not going to stay quiet about our preferences. We're not going to let people put down what we prefer. That's not what this site is for. This site is for discussing what we like to see and sharing content that involves things we like. So don't expect us to keep our heads down and stay quiet if someone claims that F Preds are superior in every way. I'm tired of the mentality that only female preds truly matter.

I know people are going to claim that this isn't really an issue. People are going to say that I'm manufacturing drama. This is a real issue, though, and I'm not going to let it be swept under the rug any longer. This is not an attack on those who prefer female preds. This is a defense for male preds, and a signal boost that this is an issue that has gone ignored for the most part.

If you have experiences like mine or additions to the topic, discuss them here. The more people who share their experiences, the more people will realize that this is an issue. Please! Keep things civil! No preference bashing or finger-pointing! And thank you for reading this if you got this far.

You know what I hate more though? When people abuse the tagging system or intentionally mistag things to shove male preds down my metaphorical throat.

I don't know about other people, but 99% of my dislike of male preds is that I blacklist "male pred" and still get male preds, I blacklist "M/M" and still get M/M vore.

Same thing goes for M/multiple (and M/MM, M/MMM, etc), shota (pred, prey, in general), and all the other things I've blacklisted in an attempt to avoid it.

When that fails for reasons beyond my understanding, yes I hate male preds.
Shadowslayer
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chofeiyu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:40 am

Shadowslayer wrote:You know what I hate more though? When people abuse the tagging system or intentionally mistag things to shove male preds down my metaphorical throat.

I don't know about other people, but 99% of my dislike of male preds is that I blacklist "male pred" and still get male preds, I blacklist "M/M" and still get M/M vore.

Same thing goes for M/multiple (and M/MM, M/MMM, etc), shota (pred, prey, in general), and all the other things I've blacklisted in an attempt to avoid it.

When that fails for reasons beyond my understanding, yes I hate male preds.

What does what you just said have to do with anything this topic is addressing? What does what you just said add to the conversation?

See, this is the thing. If you have nothing nice to say, please don't say it. You've gone to a topic simply talking about why a M Pred fan thinks about they hate it receives, and simply said "I hate it". Like, why did you feel the need to even say this?
Chofeiyu
New to the forum

Postby Siorche » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:51 am

JirachiWishes wrote:Hello everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if this blows up in my face, but I'm here to raise awareness.

I am a straight female with a very heavy prey leaning. I never play a pred unless it's with one of my OCs. Of course, people in my position will probably fantasize more about guys. I love my M Preds. Personally, they're the only preds that I ever do anything with. Nothing is wrong with F Preds, because I understand that many people are in different situations, leanings, etc... but here's the issue.

If you're a girl who goes into the chatrooms here, most people automatically assume you're a giantess/a pred. If you write or draw anything with a male pred, people will comment saying they'd like it way more if it was a female pred instead. Let me say this right now, these things are rather disrespectful. In my time here, I've seen M Preds get so much negativity. I've also heard people say that M Preds don't get negativity.

I have female friends who have been harassed to play a pred. I have friends who get passive aggressive comments saying that they wish their works had a female pred instead of a male. People get upset at M Pred people for defending our stances when they're put down in one form or another... but of course we're going to defend ourselves. We're not going to stay quiet about our preferences. We're not going to let people put down what we prefer. That's not what this site is for. This site is for discussing what we like to see and sharing content that involves things we like. So don't expect us to keep our heads down and stay quiet if someone claims that F Preds are superior in every way. I'm tired of the mentality that only female preds truly matter.

I know people are going to claim that this isn't really an issue. People are going to say that I'm manufacturing drama. This is a real issue, though, and I'm not going to let it be swept under the rug any longer. This is not an attack on those who prefer female preds. This is a defense for male preds, and a signal boost that this is an issue that has gone ignored for the most part.

If you have experiences like mine or additions to the topic, discuss them here. The more people who share their experiences, the more people will realize that this is an issue. Please! Keep things civil! No preference bashing or finger-pointing! And thank you for reading this if you got this far.

If people are harassing you like this on the chatroom please let a mod know! I'm usually around, and if not just shoot me a PUB.

Harassment in the chatroom is very much not an allowed thing. The main issue we face a lot is that people don't actually report anything and try to sort it out themselves. if you initiate a cease contact with someone they must abide it, but you need to get moderator enforcement. It's usually a nuclear option that isn't liked to be done much, but it's necessary sometimes. And if you believe people are just doing it to harass/troll you then you really need to let a moderator know.

https://aryion.com/content/chat-and-roleplay-faq

If someone is harassing you, please be honest and straightforward. Ask harasser to stop talking to you. Don't get frustrated at someone not "getting the hint."
If someone asks you to stop contacting them, you must stop contacting them immediately. "Ignore" is meant for filtering posts, not a tool you should force someone to use.
Last edited by Siorche on Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siorche
Worst Final Boss
Worst Final Boss

Postby jaggedjagd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:01 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scrumptious » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:26 am

Chofeiyu wrote:I think you misunderstand. Their problem was simply with the comment that they quoted, which comes off as simply put, rather creepy. It's not that they don't need to hear what you have to say, or that they're "lashing out", they simply found your comment off putting, which in all fairness, it is.

Hm, I don't think MidnightRose needs to hear my words. I'm just putting them there anyway, as a sign to the trolls that I'm with not with them.

I think that I can be on the side of those who have been trolled without needing to compromise my preferences. My preferences are for female preds, which my statement underlined. Since this thread is about not having to feel ashamed to state one's preferences, I didn't think that it would be a problem for me to state my preferences especially since I made it explicit that I did not (and should not) expect others to bend to my preferences.

The fact that you/they find my statement off-putting might mean that the reaction to the trolls is be overshooting its mark, however. Of course, given the nastiness of the trolls that's probably to be expected. No skin off my nose; just sayin'.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Siorche » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:33 am

Scrumptious wrote:
Chofeiyu wrote:I think you misunderstand. Their problem was simply with the comment that they quoted, which comes off as simply put, rather creepy. It's not that they don't need to hear what you have to say, or that they're "lashing out", they simply found your comment off putting, which in all fairness, it is.

Hm, I don't think MidnightRose needs to hear my words. I'm just putting them there anyway, as a sign to the trolls that I'm with not with them.

I think that I can be on the side of those who have been trolled without needing to compromise my preferences. My preferences are for female preds, which my statement underlined. Since this thread is about not having to feel ashamed to state one's preferences, I didn't think that it would be a problem for me to state my preferences especially since I made it explicit that I did not (and should not) expect others to bend to my preferences.

The fact that you/they find my statement off-putting might mean that the reaction to the trolls is be overshooting its mark, however. Of course, given the nastiness of the trolls that's probably to be expected. No skin off my nose; just sayin'.

I mean, You did kinda sorta walk into a group talking about how they're over-sexualized and having their preferences denied and then basically went 'b cool if more girls were preds hehe'. I recognize that there were other parts to your statement but it's like, I dunno, walking into a self-help group about being overweight and then going "MAN I ate like 3 muffins and I'm a TOTAL FATASS NOW" right after someone talked about their crying struggle with diabetes.

It's not so much as people are trying to shame you, but you basically just stepped on a social landmine and were kinda needlessly sexual? I don't know how to word it, but it's like tossing in a pickup line randomly among a bunch of supportive words. it doesn't fit and clearly detracts from your statement.
Siorche
Worst Final Boss
Worst Final Boss

Postby Chofeiyu » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:40 am

You're missing the point. You are very much so entitled to your opinions. I haven't told you you aren't but it's clear that's somehow the message you received. That was not intended, and for that I apologise. Simply put, "Of course I wish that more (of you) lovely ladies identified as pred, but my wishes are not your commands." was all that was being spoken about. I agree with the majority of what was said before in fact, there was a lot of sense to it. Again though, simply put, this comment that I've quoted comes off as off putting, that was all. Nobody is trying to say you can't like what you like after all. Nobody is attacking you for any preferences either. That's all.
Chofeiyu
New to the forum

Postby Merodi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 am

I think homophobia, as mentioned, definitely has something to do with it, in addition to entitlement and the inability to understand that others don't have to like what you do.
There's this subset of mostly straight guys in nerd culture/kink fandoms who just... are unable to understand that others might experience kink different from them. They believe that, because they enjoy something, others like it that way too. Why would a woman not enjoy a giantess voring people if they, a straight man, like that? She's straight too after all, isn't she? That way, kind of. They ignore or simply don't know that women, MLM, NB people, or other straight guys like different aspects about it. I feel a little reminded of that one guy who wouldn't understand that women might not want to RP mother/son vore with him because "every woman wants to be a pred", wanting to force women to "stop being prejudiced against his preferences" while also vehemently being against playing anything that wasn't F/M.

In the case of M/F, there's also the misguided attempt to denounce it as sexist, of course. First, by people who think that women in this case don't like being prey, who think that M/F vore is automatically the patriarchy wanting to hurt women, even if drawn by women. Then, of course, it's internalized sexism. On the other side, it's often guys with a kink for "strong" women who also manage to be sexist in some way? You know, those types of guys who fetishize women in a weird degree of calling them "strong godesses" or "better than men" but who, in the end, are more sexist than your run of the mill dude. They sometimes insinuate that it's wrong, because the woman needs to be in power here! The woman can't be overpowered by a man! It's wrong! Women are strong!
That kinda thing.

And of course, there's also backlash against M/M, though in a different way. Of course, homophobia especially applies here, by either gender. Cause apparently two girls doing anything together is "hot" but with guys its "wrong"? Who knows. There's this split between male pred fans too sometimes, of the M/M people being among the people who call M/F-fans sexist and who act entitled, and the M/F ones who'll act haughty and entitled and maybe a little homophobic.
There's also another thing here, people who automatically call M/M vore out to be "fujoshi stuff", but that's happening a little less, due to them usually not being into vore. It might just overlap with the subset of straight nerds I mentioned before, who think that people shipping cartoon/anime/game-characters together are ruining fandoms cause "they're not gay!!"

Note, because some people don't have any reading comprehension: I'm not talking about all straight guys, not all M/F vore fans, not all M/M vore fans.
Merodi
Participator

Postby Someone92 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:31 am

Funny thing is, you guys complain that you are called "misogynistic"for being into M Preds, but have no qualms insulting people who prefer F Preds as "homophobic" or "privileged brats".
Maybe the reason some of you receive so much negative feedback while others, myself included, don't is how you conduct yourself.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Caustic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:55 am

Someone92 wrote:Funny thing is, you guys complain that you are called "misogynistic" for being into M Preds, but have no qualms insulting people who prefer F Preds as "homophobic" or "privileged brats".
Maybe the reason some of you receive so much negative feedback while others, myself included, don't is how you conduct yourself.

Although the comment in this quote is a little stand-offish, please don't let that entirely dismiss the idea of "Conducting yourself neutrally".
You're not going to get much of a discussion and a conversation out of people when you make them feel like they have to defend themselves.
And if you don't want a discussion then it'll just be a circlejerk, and well, nobody really gains anything from that in the long run.

Also, just to talk about the "homophobia" bits, I think you've got it entirely wrong.
I would comfortably say that there are a ton of people identifying as prey. I would even go out on a limb to say there are more preys than preds.
The problem isn't "lol sexy men" or "lol straight white* males" that people call M/Anything gay. It's because the male is the dominant one in the scenario if you inject yourself as prey. Hence "lol gay".
To add to that, if you are still shocked and surprised when they then remove males out of the equation entirely and go with F/F stuff, you might want to take a few steps back and have a hard think.

*Don't know why skin color was injected into this, but w/e
Caustic
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion