Switch Typecasting

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Switch Typecasting

Postby SCREAMINGLOUDLY » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:30 am

I don't know if this is just a me issue, or if it's a greater problem for switches in general, so I'm just gonna come out and say it:

How is it that I always wind up shunted into one role or the other, for the most part?

Each site I go to, I wind up in one role or the other in the vast majority of roleplay requests I get. Here on Eka's, and on dA, I've had the issue with winding up being pred nearly all the time, leaving my more dominant/predatory friends (some of which are also switches) shouldering most of my more submissive/prey-focused needs, and I had the exact opposite problem on a few other sites, being obligate prey most of the time. I try make everyone happy more often than not, but even the roleplaying preds I've reached out to have had issues with leaving early, if we ever start roleplaying at all.

I get that, depending on the site, there's going to be an issue with oversaturation of one or the other . . . but we switches need love from both angles!

Thank you for your time, even if you don't have an answer.
SCREAMINGLOUDLY
Been posting for a bit

Re: Switch Typecasting

Postby JackNoName » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:47 am

There isn't much you can do yourself about the demand of certain types in general, but what I did read was that you try and make everyone else happy more often than not. You could maybe work on that. It sounds a little self centered at first, but you might want to start putting yourself on the foreground and allowing yourself to pick and choose.

You are not obligated to play anything for anyone else but yourself. Remember you're here for YOUR fun, nobody else's.
JackNoName
Somewhat familiar

Postby gullvy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:37 am

Eka's seems to be mostly prey-identifying. I think that's all there is to it.

I personally don't mind, as I only like playing as pred, but I can see it being a problem for all the switch types out there. I've seen a bunch of profiles that specifically state that they don't want to be pred, on top of only having prey sliders. Usually on female profiles.

Which brings me to another thing that I've seen discussions about lately; Eka's is mostly focused on F/m and F/f vore. There are not many male predators, or people who want to be prey to male predators. This overwhelming focus on female predators might lead some people to view any female profile as obviously being a predator, even though there are only prey sliders in the profile.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby DeadStrategicCactus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Switch life is the hardest life, true story.

Dumb lines aside, I know what you mean. It's why a long time ago I only searched for fellow switches as partners. As you can imagine, I didn't find too many other people but the RPs that came from those I could find and partner with were fantastic. So all I can suggest is trying that too.
DeadStrategicCactus
???

Postby copb.phoenix » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Here on Eka's, and on dA, I've had the issue with winding up being pred nearly all the time

Similar to dating sites, there is a bias in communities towards one identification trait or another. On this particular vore site, there are fewer preds than prey, so preds are in demand. If you say you're willing to be a pred, you will get more people requesting you to be pred for them, because there are more people who demand preds.

There is a higher demand for preds than prey - therefore, more people will request you to play pred.
We got words! Words! Words! PANCAKES! (( ad1das ))
copb.phoenix
Somewhat familiar

Postby klonoa723 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 pm

I actually like to be prey more than pred, but for most of my rps, I've acted as the pred most xD
But I like to be dominateeeed <3
Open for commissions: https://aryion.com/g4/view/479460
klonoa723
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alicodus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:53 pm

I will say that I have difficulty finding partners often, as I switch for harder vore typically. I seem to end up being predator more often than I can find someone to allow me to play prey. I find that finding a more cohesive partnership is a better plan than looking for particular roles. I typically write longer narratives and often have difficulty finding people willing to work with my proclivities and style. I'm currently not roleplaying, but when I do get back to it, I plan to contact several people whom I had some fantastic roleplays with, simply because our interests matched up quite well and we had a great relationship, moreso than what roles we were going to play. I'd focus on finding an RP partner who you can build off of and have a good relationship and mesh well with them.

That's my rambling $.02 I suppose.

"You don't want to find out the hard way
How our society treats
The misfits who make mistakes"
- Lard -"I Am Your Clock"
Alicodus
Participator

Postby ShinOhiXIV » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Most people in chat read "switch" as "pred" because there's much more prey types than not. I got lucky because I'm a switch that actually prefers playing the pred role, but any time I feel the prey itch, it's difficult to scratch it. So I know how you feel and I'm sure a lot of people here do.
ShinOhiXIV
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion