Why Are There More Male Prey Than Male Preds?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Why Are There More Male Prey Than Male Preds?

Postby ParisGreen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 pm

I've seen a few topics asking why Female predators are the most commonly preferred predator on Eka's Portal and in the vore community in general and the answer I've always seen is that it's because straight males make up the majority of the fandom.

I'm not entirely satisfied with this answer because it opens up a new question: why does it seem that submissive males outnumber dominant ones? In both vore and macro I think it's generally understood that submissives greatly outnumber the dominants and most of them are male. However, Mainstream society by and large prefers dominant men, so wouldn't it makes sense for the majority of male vorarephiles to be preds? Why do you think so many males in this fetish are exclusively submissive rather than mostly dominant?

Note: I have realized that the title I chose for the topic doesn’t appropriately convey what I meant to ask and for that reason I have changed it to try to clarify what I meant to ask. The previous title was “Why are Submissive Males the Majority?”. I have also edited the question in paragraph two to more clearly reflect this. I apologize for any confusion that arose from my impercise word choice.
Last edited by ParisGreen on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
ParisGreen
New to the forum

Re: Why are Submissive Males the Majority?

Postby Chozo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:27 pm

It's because submissive men are almost always also incels. It's not that dominant men couldn't be into this. It's just that they are able to form relationships in real life so they don't have a need for a site like this. It reminds me of a sad story about a 35 year old Japanese man I read recently in the news who married a hologram.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/man-35-re ... r-hologram

That's exactly the sort of man that would tend to gravitate to this or similar niche sites like this.

For women it's different because society expects them to be more passive, so men seek them out. So female incels are extremely rare in comparison to male incels. That's the reason why there are so extremely few females on here in comparison to men. Women (submissive or otherwise) are able to form relationships in real life, so they either don't have the time or don't have the need to be on a site like that.

And on a related note, the rate of suicide for males is much higher than for females in the modern world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_di ... in_suicide

It is also true that more males are born than females, and this problem is exaggerated by the fact that people will more likely abort a baby for being female. I've read an anecdotal case once of a woman who had 6 abortions because she wanted a boy. That's 6 females who were denied the right to live.

So there is an imbalanced gender ratio in society in general anyway, where there are more males than females. So its no surprise that would be the case here, because its also the case globally. But it also means a lot of men are doomed to never be in a relationship and either commit suicide or come to sites like this.

Historically, wars were fought by men so the gender imbalance corrected itself "naturally" because more men would die off than women, so things would kinda even themselves out. But we don't really any fight wars anymore, so this no longer is the case. Everyone says they want world peace, but maybe world peace comes at a cost that they don't consider. Maybe a lot of the problems we see in society nowadays is because we have been at peace for too long, and the herd of males have not been "culled" as they naturally should be. The astronomical suicide rate, men marrying holograms, all the mass shootings, terrorism, etc. Alot of that is because of the gender imbalance in society and the fact that a lot of men cannot find a partner.

I think stopping the abortion of female babies is something that would help things out. The irony though, is people see abortion as a pro-female thing and women's rights or whatever, but it disproportionately murders female babies. More people want a male baby than a female one, but they aren't thinking that there may not be a female partner for their son when he grows up. No one is thinking about that. And that's why the world is in the sorry shape it is today.
Chozo
Somewhat familiar

Postby granblue » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:33 pm

It’s not just a vore thing. Most fetish communities I’ve seen tend to have similar demographics.

Gender roles are a lie - they do not actually adhere to reality. Men seem to be just as likely to be submissive as women.
granblue
Participator

Postby Phorcyz19 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:38 pm

If I had to guess, it's that men are expected to be more dominant in real life due to societal expectations of gender, and so many feel a need to escape that pressure.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Ghrelin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 pm

From what I've been able to find when asking similar questions in the past, the answer usually relates to "artificial scarcity", by which there are just fewer women in online spaces--especially sex/kink spaces--and thus, despite women being more likely to prefer sub roles than men overall, more sub men will be present in such a space than dominant women. This falls in line with what I've seen around this and similar sites so far, with there being fewer women actively participating in general and more women who are sub/prey than dom/pred.

And of course there's the fact that being prey or "bottom" doesn't always actually mean being submissive, so it's gonna be different depending on who you ask... but a lot of people in the prey role aren't actually relinquishing control in their fantasies so much as creating the illusion of it. It's a mixed bag, and the numbers are skewed, so I don't think there's any single answer to cover it all.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lesbiandefensesquad » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Vore is inherently the ultimate domination. It's like D/s taken to the furthest possible extreme. So as far as men identifying with prey perspective goes, they are literally entirely at the mercy of the pred, or at least they are once they've been swallowed. That's about as submissive as it gets. Also, there's lots of straight guys who are into femdom, actually. It's a fairly common kink. There's straight guys that find the idea of having the tables turned like that inherently appealing, possibly because it's the reverse of what is typically expected, and therefore refreshing?
lesbiandefensesquad
New to the forum

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm

@OP,

I think that modeling prey focused vorarephiles as submissives is hugely flawed. There is overlap between a D/s kink/fetish and vore, but they are not the same.

@Chozo,

Are you suggesting that this and other fetish communities are primarily populated by people who identify as involuntary celibates? If so, I would have to disagree. There is a high rate of asexuality in this community, but that is not the same thing. You also imply a link between involuntary celibacy and submissiveness in males? Again, I don't think there is evidence of this.

The concept of dominance and submissiveness as a kink or fetish is well outside of behavior in the rest of society, a person who displays dominant properties in day to day life, may be a submissive. And again, I don't think this is directly linked to vore.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thornfist » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:43 pm

I don't seem to fit into any of the pre-conceptions of sub guys on Eka's. I'm a pretty passionate feminist (Used to be a radfem once upon a time, but that's a story for another day), I've been in 3 romantic/sexual relationships (4 if you count my FWB from High School) and I consider myself pretty physically attractive.
Thornfist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dyunglegend » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 pm

Chozo wrote: Incels and stuff

Sounds like a lot of "red pill"/MRA nonsense to me.

Trying to say that all the major problems in the world are caused by guys not being able to have sex/get married does no favors to guys, girls, or anyone in between. It fails to account for a plethora of major unaddressed factors that cause problems in society such as lack of education, tremendous wealth disparities, and how many parts of the world are still trying to catch up to the modern standard of living. It also puts a ridiculous burden on guys and girls (but especially girls) because it is essentially blaming women for not keeping men happy/stable.

I'm a submissive person and I've had several IRL relationships. You can be secure and submissive, and at the end of the day it's security that gets you a partner.
Last edited by Dyunglegend on Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dyunglegend
New to the forum

Postby ItsSongxing » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:44 pm

Chozo (abridged) wrote:Incels and abortion

I think it's a bit much to say that submissive males are the majority simply because they're all incels, considering the connotation that the term has come to carry nowadays. That's quite a generalization to make, and incels would probably be more likely to be preds so they can take out their anger on "The Chads" who always take "Stacy"s from them. As for the abortion tangent...Yeah, it's a tangent and doesn't relate to the question at hand. One that'll probably get the entire topic in a shitstorm about abortion. Please don't, in the future.

That aside, I've noticed that very niche kinks like this tend to be more "femdom" oriented. Obviously, males in general gravitate more to a lewd site like this (not to say ladies don't), so we do mostly see the guys that're into femdom as well. I'd chalk this up to giantesses being a fairly common trope in films; I see masculine giants eating people rarely in media except for when the giants also happen to be a monster, but films like "Dude, Where's My Car?" awakened people to the GTS fetish as a whole, with vore being an extension of that. Thus, before I get too sidetracked: There's a lot of mainstream content that panders to femdom/malesub fantasies by default. Probably something about feminism and female power fantasies, which translated into fetishism when viewed later on - but that's just my theory.

Another factor is the differences in beauty standards between men and women, something not really thought about often in threads like this. Obviously, when you eat something, you digest it and get calories. Digest more calories than you burn, you gain weight. But the beauty standard for men is to be lean, muscular, and with minimal body fat, whereas the contemporary beauty standard for women is to be curvaceous, "thicc" to use the non-technical term. And since it's easy to associate eating with weight gain, it's easier for a straight male to get off to a female eating than a male. There's also the factor same-size bellies being akin to pregnant bellies - see Noisekeeper's gallery, tons of "preg-that-looks-like-vore" and "vore-that-looks-like-preg" there for an extreme example - that contribute to this. TL;DR of this section: Straight males prefer big bellies, butts, and boobs on a girl than they do on a guy. This also may be why traps are becoming more and more popular in the male pred scene: B I G A S S.

Then comes the overall pred/prey dynamic. Obviously, those coming to this fetish tend to be heterosexual, submissive males, which has also led to the stereotype of submissive/prey males being self-inserts in some form or another. I think the main reason for this is that, when one sees that scene that awakens their voracious fetishism, whether it's the horse from Brothers' Grimm, the whale from Spyro, or something like the scenes from "Dude, Where's My Car?" we insert ourselves as the prey because those are the ones we have emotionally bonded with throughout the story. There are no stories outside of the site that I can think of where the hero is the one eating another sentient being. After all, that's a pretty torturous way to kill someone, and so it's not really something people like to see in someone they're trying to consider a hero.

Of course, this is all based on the assumptions of non-furry characters. I'd imagine the furry scene has vastly different reasons, which I'm not fit to talk about.

But TL;DR: Humanoid giantesses seen more as preds in media, association with weight gain fits more with contemporary feminine beauty standards than those of men, and almost no instances in media of the protagonist of a given work being a predator within said official media.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby VelveteenDreams » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:13 am

Believe me, it's not that big a majority. I've actually met and formed good friendships with a decent amount of females here, more than I have males. There's clearly more males here than females, but that's just as simple as guys being a lot more sexually active than females (for the novelty of the argument I'm considering vore a sexual act). It really just comes down to who you're noticing the most I'm afraid.

As for the submissive part, one thing I do notice is that there's a lot of true prey around here, but that's even among female users as well. For that, my explanation is, I don't really believe pure predator users actually exist, or at least not in the sense prey seem to believe. In the number of people I've seen who claim to pure pred, it's a lot less sexual for them; vore is about something far different for them than it is prey. And it's just that a lot less people seem to be affected by that kind of kink than the other.

Seriously though, pulling the 'theyz incelz' explanation makes zero sense. We all know vore is impossible. No one with a vore fetish can get it in real life. There's no such thing as someone who is; through some combination of chutzpah, moxy, and gumption; capable of fulfilling the kink outside of the internet. So a great deal of users are likely folk with active sexual partners, even married folk, cashing in on the single best but sadly most impossible kink in existence.

Personally, I think it's cute! All these prey types who just want some belly snugs, and to maybe become a little butt padding. Except, of course, when it gets annoying...
Last edited by VelveteenDreams on Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Respect Everybody~
VelveteenDreams
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:14 am

Well, men are generally more active online. Women don't tend to talk a whole lot, thanks to a lot of bad experiences a lot of them have in this community. I hate to

Regarding the submissive thing, I'm not really sure. If I had to venture a guess, it's probably tied into a desire for security or domination that's cross-gender, which could come from a number of places. For men, this fandom could be seen in part as a retreat from gender roles that demand strength. Also, a lot of people in this community have problems with playing predator because they see it as being cruel. That just leaves playing prey. Relationships have nothing to do with this, it's what the fetish represents: a chance to be dominated.

So I'd say Submissive Male majority = Environment favoring men + unisex(desire for domination or protection + qualms with playing predator)
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:01 am

@Chozo: Are you alright dude? Some of the things you're saying lead me to suspect you're actually hanging around real incels, unlike the majority of people on this forum as you seemed to suggest was the case. You don't want to do that. Unlike simply being a man, hanging out with those dudes will actually fuck up your ability to hold relationships with other people. You cannot surround yourself with unrestrained mental illness like the kind that's disproportionately common in groups like that for an extended period of time without it having an effect on your own health.

Everything you said lacked nuance, which is a fancy way of saying it doesn't contain the full picture and can be rather misleading as a result. It's the exact type of propaganda those groups use to recruit. They don't give the full picture because they're preying on people who don't know any better, which is, unfortunately, a lot of people because our school systems simply don't prepare us for these topics like, at all. It's not uncommon to see children get inducted into these groups. I could use the same wikipedia source you posted to refute some of the things you're saying, but I'd rather not have that discussion here.

All I can say is get away from that stuff while you can.

Back to the original question, the simple answer is that submissive males are the majority because males are the majority. Somewhat dominant female here. This phenomenon of websites / communities being majority male isn't really exclusive to us, or even sexual websites. It's decently common in gaming communities and internet forums in general.

Something I've noticed is that women tend to congregate in different places. The three patterns I've noticed when it comes to communities that attract more women is 1) Cute boys 2) Games without a community aspect attached and 3) Family Friendly sites

I don't think that first one needs any explaining, but I speculate that 2 and 3 hint at a not-insignificant portion of women who just prefer to opt out of the somewhat harsh and toxic environments the internet sometimes creates. Whether it's because online spaces are often a bit male-centric in terms of who they're catered to or because they don't like the attention they get, I get the impression a good chunk of women would rather just not deal with it and keep to themselves.

For some insight into what I mean when I say online spaces can be a bit male-centric though, there was a thread recently about how unwelcome male predator fans often felt in the community. It is my experience that many male predator fans are women in real life. This is basically a thread full of the women who do come here pointing out how male-centrism can make even them feel ostracized.

I honestly couldn't tell you how to fix this. While I am a woman myself, I'm also gayer than a box of birds and so I have largely benefited from the way things are.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Reaverbot » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:17 am

because i want you to step on my balls m8
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dcvfgb1234 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:30 am

I'm just gonna walk way around that abortion/incel/submissive thing as that's not anything I even remotely want to debate here.

Just want to say that I think a reason that many men prefer female preds is that you primarily see the pred in various artworks. Some pics doesn't even show an internal shot of the prey. Hence you probably want it to be the sex you're attracted to which features most prominently which then leads to primarily female preds.
dcvfgb1234
Been posting for a bit

Postby hibbyjibby » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:33 am

granblue wrote:It’s not just a vore thing. Most fetish communities I’ve seen tend to have similar demographics.

Gender roles are a lie - they do not actually adhere to reality. Men seem to be just as likely to be submissive as women.

Not quite sure how true that is now. Even as infants babies of either gender do tend to show clear, obvious preferences, actions, and roles in how they play and act. Also that incel comment is funny but in like, a sad and pathetic kinda way. 'Incel' is just a catch-all insult these days to not explain a position clearly.

But anyway, besides the point. Why are most men in a fetish like ours submissive? Simple: it's easy. Easier to let someone make the decisions than make them yourself. And I dunno about you but I find most guys these days to be kinda spineless, Ekas being no exception. Men also consume, and produce, far more media like porn, and when you have so many more guys than girls it'll seem like damn near all us guys are submissives.

Another reason is a lot of the time, those in positions of power in their real life like CEO's and world leaders who tend to be men, need a release in their private time and usually are submissive. I know a fair amount of smart, fairly successful guys that're submissives in their private life for this reason. I suppose the opposite is true too; if you have no real power in your daily life, you might be more dominant.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more dominant guys. I find it hard to respect a guy's that're overly emotional, act like doormats, overuse emojis and emoticons instead of just talking like a person, etc. When I see a guy who's dominant (and I like to think I am), to me it's something worth respecting. But I notice I know far fewer 'dominant' men than I know men that're submissive.

Now it's not to say I hate F/M content. Some of the best content I've had a hand in is F/M, so I have no issue with male prey when handled well. Unsurprisingly it pretty much never is cause the prey is the author avatar and he's usually ugly and it's all wish fulfillment. On a slightly related note, male preds I feel could be handled better as I find most to be all kinda the same and a bit 1-dimensional; a fetish object to serve a kink more than to be an actual character.

TLDR: there's a lot of men compared to women because we consume more media, easier being submissive, real life roles may leave them wanting something different, most men are wimps, and dominant men just tend to not draw attention. My two cents atleast.
(●`ε´●) Only have one Waifu, because having more will ruin your life-u (。・`ω´・。)!!
hibbyjibby
Somewhat familiar

Postby blessedwasthechild » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:49 am

someone who used a link to fox news was the first to respond? what bad timing.

Everyone's giving detailed answers, and the real question here is why and how to solve the issue of women feeling unwelcomed and unmotivated to enter kink-circles (and boy do we get a taste for why being apprehensive was warranted). Without that solved, men simply are the majority here and similar spaces. All sorts of reasons why, of course, but... why specifically male prey? Is pretty simple. Most *people* into vore are prey! If the majority is male and the majority is prey, you mix those two statistics together and you get majority male-prey. Why though? Probably something to do with why vore is appealing, and most people who answer "why do you like vore" give answers relating to be inside another living thing, for various reasons.

Something about why vore appeals to most people is conducive to being prey, and if for soooome reason the majority of users here were somehow female, the majority would be female prey. Specifically for a vore site, its the prey-dominant nature that is most significant, I feel, than the gender disparity.

But the gender disparity is definitely a close second. Or maybe we just need a census here. There's no accounting for lurkers after all...
blessedwasthechild
Participator

Postby Noxyoursox » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 am

I think that the comments of women being less sexually active are probably untrue (speaking as someone who has those parts and is very active irl) but they tend to gravitate towards very different outlets. For example erotic fanfiction is written and consumed far more by women than by men. The difference between the two is where the focus is: on the emotional aspects of the characters' relationships, or on the physical aspects of their bodies/actions. I suspect that if you were looking just at the writer's portion of Eka's rather than at the site as a whole, you would probably find a lot more women there.

There is also the common problem of women and femmes being barraged with demands for pics, rp, and other unwanted sexual attention by men who are complete strangers, both in explicitly sexual sites like this one and everywhere online in general. For that matter, many of us face similar problems irl as well. Being openly femme is taken as an invitation to sexualize and make such demands, so many of us hide behind anonymity or a male persona. That would artificially inflate the number of "men" present on the site while reducing the apparent presence of women.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:25 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Chofeiyu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:41 am

blessedwasthechild wrote:someone who used a link to fox news was the first to respond? what bad timing.

Everyone's giving detailed answers, and the real question here is why and how to solve the issue of women feeling unwelcomed and unmotivated to enter kink-circles (and boy do we get a taste for why being apprehensive was warranted). Without that solved, men simply are the majority here and similar spaces. All sorts of reasons why, of course, but... why specifically male prey? Is pretty simple. Most *people* into vore are prey! If the majority is male and the majority is prey, you mix those two statistics together and you get majority male-prey. Why though? Probably something to do with why vore is appealing, and most people who answer "why do you like vore" give answers relating to be inside another living thing, for various reasons.

Something about why vore appeals to most people is conducive to being prey, and if for soooome reason the majority of users here were somehow female, the majority would be female prey. Specifically for a vore site, its the prey-dominant nature that is most significant, I feel, than the gender disparity.

But the gender disparity is definitely a close second. Or maybe we just need a census here. There's no accounting for lurkers after all...

Honestly these are my thoughts exactly. Don't let that take away from the amazing responses Artemis and ItsSomething gave, but this is very much my thoughts on the topic as well, and I've simply been beaten to the metaphorical punch. Simply put, the question you most want the answer to would probably be why is being prey the most enticing role in the community. This isn't at all a gender thing, and more so it being more dominant in males since the community is male heavy. I find comparing real life comparisons and using them directly next to a fetish community, well I can see the thought process, doesn't make sense. Most fetish communities simply don't follow that example. For instance take vore or squashing. These are very female dominant in terms of what people want, where as if you look at the fur community, boys are sort of the top of the food chain, a large portion of the vocal members (Loud minority quiet majority is always something to take into account) are in fact men attracted to other men (I know gay works here, but well I'm trying to be clear, I want to come off as non offensive as I can be, and I'm aware that could offend some people).

I've no issues sharing my own views on it, but as a female I'm not sure how important it would be to your topic specifically, so I'll hold off. I believe it'd be better to look at submissiveness in the community as a whole, but for the sake of fitting the topic, maybe some boys who are comfortable enough would share their reasons for enjoying it ? That being said, again, I very much believe this is not a gender related topic.
Any sense she may have once had has been churned away, much to like the rest of her...
Chofeiyu
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion