Can a tabletop vore rpg actually work?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Can a tabletop vore rpg actually work?

Postby BratBat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:38 am

I've been thinking about this idea for a while and got curious as to how something like this can work. What I'm imagining is like, your average dnd game except it's entirely focused on vore. Characters who get digested are gone for good and vore would possibly be the main part of the combat. But even after brainstorming a lot about this I couldn't really come up with any ideas.

Has anyone here actually done this before? Or know something about the topic?
Borf
BratBat
New to the forum

Re: Can a tabletop vore rpg actually work?

Postby VeryBatty » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:51 am

blog/VeryBatty/devouring__digesting_dd_5e_vore_supplement_b-38950.html

I wrote a whole supplement for it for 5e. give it a looksee!
VeryBatty
New to the forum

Postby BratBat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:09 am

VeryBatty wrote:https://aryion.com/forum/blog/VeryBatty/devouring__digesting_dd_5e_vore_supplement_b-38950.html

I wrote a whole supplement for it for 5e. give it a looksee!

I just gave it a through read on all the rules and the new spells and I MUST say that I'm really impressed! Like, crap this feels like something that has been in the game all along and I just never bought the right book. Really, now I wanna find a GM and a group who wants to give this a try, maybe someday :'^)

Also I'm being totally honest here, those rules are looking pretty good <3
Borf
BratBat
New to the forum

Postby sansuki » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:39 am

The answer is "Yes", because I've been running one for over a year, and playing and GMing in them off and on for quite a bit longer. :gulp: The Vore Roleplay forum has a bunch of them. In addition to what was linked above, there's also a rule supplement for Pathfinder that I and some other people cooked up, as well as a rules-light system built entirely for voregames.
sansuki
---

Postby AcevisElecion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:37 am

Tabletops span quite the wide variety of playstyles both aesthetically and mechanically.

While Games with Dice do make up the majority, there are some games that run with no dice at all. Others don't even have a Game Master of sorts to run them at all even! It's a pretty big world out there to explore!

Needless to say I'm in agreement with VeryBatty and Sansuki. Vore tabletop is plenty possible and exists! We even have a few systems with ingrained or supplementary sexual materials of varying quality. In my mind the biggest question would be not whether it would be possible but whether what themes or facets you hold in higher regard. In this respect, some systems are a lot easier to modify or re tool than others.

You mention DnD for example. Both 5e and PF/3.X are capable of supporting more lethal styles of play. How they accomplish such differs and might be worth looking into to get a better feel for them. Characters gain feats, levels, attribute increases ect...running a game where a pred or prey might conceivably advance past their standards and grow to better challenge their enemies for example lends itself well to this while still retaining the capability of being somewhat lethal as desired.

However what if for example you don't want things to get easier? You don't want your characters to be heroes but adventurers? Not because you're a cruel DM but you're crafting a world where roles are very defined or where every day can be a life and death struggle for either side? The BRP system which powers the likes of Call of Cthulhu and Runequest for example handles these concepts very excellently. Characters don't gain levels, the only experience they gain is through successful use of skills, character stats aren't constantly changing and in most cases rarely do so. Starting off at 10HP will in all likelyhood mean you remain with 10HP for as long as you can. Even the mightiest of Rune Lords can be killed by the meekest of goblins with a good blow. A mouse will not stop being afraid of a cat because they hit level 6. The mouse will ALWAYS be afraid of the cat. If budget is a problem then I suggest the Mongoose Runequest SRD which is freely available online.

Maybe none of the above is the most important though. Perhaps you want cinematic or very fluid moving combat or to create very tense moments in a game. Perhaps you'd like such a game to be easy to explain, with some decent rules for the bare minimum while allowing for more flexible tooling on less clear options. Then maybe take a look at the likes of OpenD6 by the former West End Games which powered their critically acclaimed Star wars and Ghostbusters RPGs.

And of course if all else fails you can take a look at the likes of D.E.V.O.U.R.S or the JRSystem(both of which admittedly don't have been looked like to have been updated for some time). Even if you decide to run a 5e game, or a pathfinder game, looking into and understanding as to how other games might solve problems or present their mechanics is an invaluable resource that should not be shunted if possible. I know this might sound a bit overwhelming but you won't regret it.
AcevisElecion
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lerkur » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:33 pm

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1896V2G ... goFUj/view

Here's a Link to the Pathfinder VSRD Sansuki mentioned. Currently using it with some other players in a game being run in the chat.
Lerkur
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:46 pm

I've already created my own D&D Lite system with a focus on vore! As you can see, there is also homebrew for several popular systems. They can be quite fun!
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Irthos » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 pm

sansuki wrote:The answer is "Yes", because I've been running one for over a year, and playing and GMing in them off and on for quite a bit longer. :gulp: The Vore Roleplay forum has a bunch of them. In addition to what was linked above, there's also a rule supplement for Pathfinder that I and some other people cooked up, as well as a rules-light system built entirely for voregames.

Lerkur wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1896V2GSLy_E-CUkaZk3KvyoqQ2vgoFUj/view

Here's a Link to the Pathfinder VSRD Sansuki mentioned. Currently using it with some other players in a game being run in the chat.

Wow, the system has grown in my absence! I'm glad someone's keeping it properly fed :3

I've actually been tinkering with the original* VSRD since my campaign ended, and it's interesting to see how the two have gone in different directions. It'd be fun to compare notes and maybe syncretize the two sometime!

* Original for Pathfinder, at least. Credit as always to Praexon, the crazy vulap who started everything with his 3.5 VSRD.
Irthos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Carni-vore » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:45 pm

D&D is nice Pathfinder too, but there's also other options. I was looking into Dracones, a sort of Furries in Space Tabletop RPG and figure a vore supplement could work for that. Mutants and masterminds is all about superheroes and the system is rather adaptable that you can LITERALLY make anything, so coming up with a base vore power in that isn't too hard either. The only limit of can a Vore Tabletop RPG not work or not is if you can get enough people together with the same preferences together to run it.
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Postby sansuki » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:25 pm

Irthos wrote:
sansuki wrote:The answer is "Yes", because I've been running one for over a year, and playing and GMing in them off and on for quite a bit longer. :gulp: The Vore Roleplay forum has a bunch of them. In addition to what was linked above, there's also a rule supplement for Pathfinder that I and some other people cooked up, as well as a rules-light system built entirely for voregames.

Lerkur wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1896V2GSLy_E-CUkaZk3KvyoqQ2vgoFUj/view

Wow, the system has grown in my absence! I'm glad someone's keeping it properly fed :3

I've actually been tinkering with the original* VSRD since my campaign ended, and it's interesting to see how the two have gone in different directions. It'd be fun to compare notes and maybe syncretize the two sometime!

* Original for Pathfinder, at least. Credit as always to Praexon, the crazy vulap who started everything with his 3.5 VSRD.

Absolutely! I've strongly advocated individual GMs brewing their own tweaks to the core VSRD for their own games and temperment; I use my blend for mine, others for theirs maybe based on mine or an older one, it's all a common baseline though.

Mutants and masterminds is all about superheroes and the system is rather adaptable that you can LITERALLY make anything, so coming up with a base vore power in that isn't too hard either.

I looooove M&M. Have you ever actually made a vore power? Because I'm sick enough of high fantasy/D&D that if I run another vore game, it's probably either going to be futuristic or modernish superhero/villain style.

I also used simple-d6 as a baseline for a rules-light vore system that's in my profile here: https://rp.aryion.com/profile/Sansuki_game
I know Ziavra used that as a baseline to make a similar system for their own weekly game.
sansuki
---

Postby EmmaV2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Hey, if you're interested in a vore game oneshot, where would you find other people who are also interested?
EmmaV2
Been posting for a bit

Postby AcevisElecion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:55 pm

So what I'm hearing is that what started off as a simple inquiry into the mechanics of RPG's and Vore may yet evolve into an RPG collaboration on site to Gulp down some new systems? =p Because I'd certainly be interested in seeing what could be done and contributing in that regard. :gulp:
AcevisElecion
Somewhat familiar

Postby sansuki » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:06 pm

EmmaV2 wrote:Hey, if you're interested in a vore game oneshot, where would you find other people who are also interested?

For play-by-post stuff, the Vore Roleplay forum. For a chatgame... well, saying "the portal chat" is a bit too trite, but also kind of accurate. There's a loose group of people that mostly know each other that play in those things.
sansuki
---

Postby Jayezox » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:51 am

It really depends on the DM. I remember discussing how crazy things can get on tabletop and the imagination is the limit. Vore can definitely happen since things like magic and large creatures exist.
Jayezox
---

Postby Praexon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Warms my heart to see that games like this are still being run!
Praexon
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion