Art VS Writing, which media do you prefer to browse?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Art or Writing

I enjoy Art more
48%
I enjoy Writing more
16%
I enjoy both equally
36%
I don't like either...
No votes

Total votes : 58

Art VS Writing, which media do you prefer to browse?

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:10 am

Eka's Portal at its core is a website designed to host vore content. Over the years two major forms of content have arisen, Visual Art, drawings, renders and the such, and Writing if it is interactive or stand-alone pieces. I assume at this point most people would have a preference for which type of media they specifically consume. So today, I'm asking the question of which do you prefer looking at, words or pixels?

I'll answer first to start things off.
Of all things, despite being someone who writes, I actually prefer looking at Art personally. I find a visual much easier to extrapolate upon with my own words to create a scenario or just find enjoyment, while with words I find it much harder to visualise the situation as I read, which again is funny as a writer, but still the case. I also find I don't have much time to just browse around, so I find the smaller time investment into art pieces than the longer time investment of written pieces useful as well. I do enjoy reading still, but I for sure prefer art when just browsing the portal.

Now, I'm interested to hear all of your opinions as well!
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Re: Art VS Writing, which media do you prefer to browse?

Postby Chaos » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 am

I prefer a well written story but I find it easier to find a drawing I enjoy then a a story. I find there are a real lack of good writers that focus on the stuff I really enjoy like micro, cock vore, anal vore and so on.
Donnie: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
-Donnie Darko
Chaos
The 19th Angel

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 am

The problem with browsing written material, is that it is very time consuming. I probably look at 33% to 50% of all the visual art that is uploaded here. With writing I skim at most 5% of stories, and read even fewer all the way through.

I can look at art for a second and close it, and honestly, a lot of the art I look at, I am just looking at because I can't figure out what is going on in the thumbnail. The stories are very different, I usually wont even open a story unless it contains certain tags, or lacks others.

Written works need to be really on point for me to read through them, and there are huge groups of writing that I have no interest in. For example, I have no interest in fan fiction. With a visual piece though, I don't have those same limitations.

All the above being said though, I ultimately would prefer to read a story that caters to my tastes very precisely, but it is the case that the vast majority of stories do not.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nic386 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:36 am

To be quite honest, I dont usually look at vore work unless im trying to get off at the time, and pictures are much easier to consume without much effort. It usually takes an interesting premise to get myself to sit down and read about something when I can look at similar things depicted for me. The stories that accompany pictures sometimes is a separate thing, for some reason I have more patience for those It may be a length or formatting thing.
Nic386
Somewhat familiar

Postby ConcordantOpposition » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 am

I voted "enjoy both equally" because for me art and writing serve different purposes. This fetish is a something of a complicated interest for me. I find art is good for casual enjoyment and erotic content, but writing is better at dealing with the emotional and psychological aspects of vore that interest me. I probably view a lot more art than I read stories, but the best stories I read stick with me a lot longer than any art.
ConcordantOpposition
Been posting for a bit

Postby stearwing » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:09 am

I'm reluctant to call it "art", but pictures are easier to fap to.
Stories have the advantage of giving ideas that your mind animates, of course.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby Mad51 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:01 pm

Chaos wrote:I prefer a well written story but I find it easier to find a drawing I enjoy then a a story. I find there are a real lack of good writers that focus on the stuff I really enjoy like micro, cock vore, anal vore and so on.

Art is definitely easier to consume and more universally enjoyable while finding a story you enjoy is significantly harder - however - if you were to ask what do I prefer a commissioned drawing or a commissioned piece of writing I think writing wins every time since it's tailored to my needs. Even if you were to get one of the best visual artists, a 7.5/10 written commission at 5000 words would still beat it.
Comic art has a far high value though.
Mad51
Participator

Postby CFTS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:16 pm

I like both, however the type of art and stories i like are almost impossible to find. >.>
CFTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Oniric » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:02 pm

I enjoy both, but I find myself more often looking for vore stories than vore pics. While I love vore scenes by themselves, I really like knowing the context behind the situation when I fap to vore, and I can more easily see that in stories (unless it's a comic or the image has a hot description or something). Also, the quality of the art isn't always very good, while writing tends to have the minimum effort bar set a little higher (not a hard rule, but I find that to be the case most often).
Oniric
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragonjerky » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:41 pm

I said both because images have an immediate visceral response while stories can build erotic anticipation. So, as far as getting off, it depends on the mood I'm in. In general, I prefer stories for the dynamic experience they provide. Though, images often serve as a starting point. :3
Check out my gallery!*
*Warning: Check gallery description so you don't view content you don't like!
dragonjerky
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cuddlekins » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 pm

But writing is art, tho.

That said, while I prefer writing, the general low quality of writers here on top of my own picky tastes more often than not leave me disappointed :c
***Cuddlekins Vore Stories (May contain LOLI)
***FF14 GPose Vore Comics
(Mostly macro/micro F/f, some ?/F, some monster girl same-size.)
Cuddlekins
Participator

Postby RediQ » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 pm

It's hard to say, because I enjoy seeing new art pop up as a nice pleasant distraction that, if it's good, can also get me really in the mood for vore stuff. But when I'm in that mood already, I find myself gravitating a lot more towards stories, because they take more time to get through and when it's a writer whose tastes align well with mine, they tend to linger more on my favorite parts of vore.

Though, I also don't tend to "browse" much anymore in the first place. I used to check the new updates sections all the time, but lately I find myself almost entirely sticking to my inbox of messages of new posts from Watched artists and writers, or going to my favorites if I wanna revisit something.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Trollfacegesicht » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:07 am

I prefer stories becuause as some people already mentioned, the context of a vore scene is pretty important for me to enjoy it. That being said, pictures can tell stories as well but most of the time its easier for me to build certain images in my head when I read a story then to come up with a scenario that fit the image.
Trollfacegesicht
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaggedjagd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am

Last edited by jaggedjagd on Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dekkard2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:17 am

jaggedjagd wrote:Comics. The perfect fusion of art & writing.

Yes this
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Speedyblupi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

I find drawing and writing have different "quality curves".
There's much less good writing than there are good drawings, but there's a lot more exceptional writing than there are exceptional drawings.

A story keeps you occupied for longer than a picture, but there are far more pictures on Eka's than there are stories. Often it comes down to what mood I'm in.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Twister88 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:02 pm

I enjoy both on an equal basis. Often time when looking at artwork, i'll create my own story around that piece. When i'm enjoying a well-written story, i can easily visualise the characters and locations in my mind.
Last edited by Twister88 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twister88
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ayashe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:59 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:Comics. The perfect fusion of art & writing.

I like comics, too^^
Ayashe
Somewhat familiar

Postby TimberWolf25 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:54 pm

I find it hard to discover well done writing pieces. Plus I don't always have the time to go into every writing work in my watch list. If it can't catch my attention with its first presentation then I will just pass. They usually don't have the things I'm looking for anyway. I am not looking to insert myself into a scene.

I'm a more visual person. Context usually doesn't matter.
TimberWolf25
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion