"Eaten Forever" = Official term for this scenario?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

"Eaten Forever" = Official term for this scenario?

Postby Marco » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:19 pm

I have dropped this scenario into conversation here a few times before, and have even responded to a topic about it, but I have an unrealistic scenario (even by vore standards) that I like to imagine when I think about vore, in which the prey is literally eaten forever - there is no digestion, no full tour, no being let out, nothing. The prey even stops needing usual things to survive like food, drink, and air - they just spend the rest of their lives in the pred's stomach (the scenario ignores the possibility of the prey or the pred ever dying.) I actually thought as a kid that if you got eaten, it would actually be like this - you'd just be eaten forever, and stay in someone's stomach for the rest of your life (and by extension the pred's but I didn't think of that.)

If such a scenario was to be tagged, would "Eaten Forever" work, or would something else be better? I know that the term PermaVore exists, but that seems to be for the last time you use that character, and with at least my fursona, I want to keep using them (I basically treat it like there is no continuity in my scenarios when I reuse characters - each time they're eaten was the only time they were eaten, and nothing except the scenario you're looking at now exists.)
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: "Eaten Forever" = Official term for this scenario?

Postby Humbug » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:27 pm

I think people call that "permanent endosoma."

Permasoma would be a hilarious name for it, though. Or endoperma.
Humbug
---

Postby randomthefox » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:58 pm

I always called this permavore. For like, literally years. Then people started using permavore to refer to something stupid instead. I still just call it permavore cuz it makes way more sense when being used to describe this.
randomthefox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Speedyblupi » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:23 pm

randomthefox wrote:I always called this permavore. For like, literally years. Then people started using permavore to refer to something stupid instead. I still just call it permavore cuz it makes way more sense when being used to describe this.

How is it stupid? Permavore is when a character is permanently vored. It's analogous to the concept of "permadeath" in video games.

I think it makes far more sense to refer to the specific concept Marco suggested as "permanent endosoma" - this seems to be what other people are calling it.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby granblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:05 pm

For me, "permavore" has always just meaned that the character isn't going to be used in any art or stories or RPs by their creator again, because they're canonically gone.

I tend to call this some variation of "permanent entrapment".
granblue
Participator

Postby coop500 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm

I usually call it perma endo but.... I dunno
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:13 pm

You know what I'm just calling it as follows
Permanent Endosoma
PERSOMA
In all seriousness, I would suggest the term Permanent Endosoma with any contractions you see fit to be the best fitting term for the actions you've described.
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Seelane » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:29 pm

TheVoreEngineer wrote:You know what I'm just calling it as follows
Permanent Endosoma
PERSOMA
In all seriousness, I would suggest the term Permanent Endosoma with any contractions you see fit to be the best fitting term for the actions you've described.

I don't care, im calling it Persoma now!
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Speedyblupi wrote:
randomthefox wrote:I always called this permavore. For like, literally years. Then people started using permavore to refer to something stupid instead. I still just call it permavore cuz it makes way more sense when being used to describe this.

How is it stupid? Permavore is when a character is permanently vored. It's analogous to the concept of "permadeath" in video games.

I think it makes far more sense to refer to the specific concept Marco suggested as "permanent endosoma" - this seems to be what other people are calling it.

That's definitely stupid. The character isn't permanently vored in that case; they're permanently dead. "Permadigested" would fit the bill perfectly, but digestion isn't an integral part of vore, despite the heavy preference for it in the vore community.
To be permanently vored would either be undergoing the process of being eaten permanently, or, as one would think, staying in the stomach (having been vored) permanently.
Being in the stomach is considered endosoma, but the descriptor "permanent" somehow doesn't match with it.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby Marco » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:37 am

Thanks for the replies. Stuff like permasoma has a nice ring to it.

I understand the view from people who feel that the term permavore doesn't fit for what it represents. It does sound like it could be a term for being eaten forever. I get that a word is needed to say that you're not using that character again, though.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seelane » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Marco wrote:Thanks for the replies. Stuff like permasoma has a nice ring to it.

I understand the view from people who feel that the term permavore doesn't fit for what it represents. It does sound like it could be a term for being eaten forever. I get that a word is needed to say that you're not using that character again, though.

Because people don't that perma-death already exist to classify chatacter gone forever.
Seelane
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:20 am

Speedyblupi wrote: It's analogous to the concept of "permadeath" in video games.

I would say it's more than analogous. Not sure why Vore needs it's own version, when permadeath would suffice.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Birichino wrote:That's definitely stupid. The character isn't permanently vored in that case; they're permanently dead. "Permadigested" would fit the bill perfectly, but digestion isn't an integral part of vore, despite the heavy preference for it in the vore community.
To be permanently vored would either be undergoing the process of being eaten permanently, or, as one would think, staying in the stomach (having been vored) permanently.
Being in the stomach is considered endosoma, but the descriptor "permanent" somehow doesn't match with it.

They are vored, and the effects are permanent. I would also consider permanent endosomatophilia a type of permavore, if it applies to the character "canonically" or in all contexts.
Permadeath doesn't mean a character is constantly undergoing the process of death, it means they underwent it once, and the effects are permanent.

I do get the rest of your argument though. Permavore to permadeath is not a perfect analogy, but it is what the majority of people are using the word to mean.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:26 pm

EnderDracolich wrote:
Speedyblupi wrote: It's analogous to the concept of "permadeath" in video games.

I would say it's more than analogous. Not sure why Vore needs it's own version, when permadeath would suffice.

Because sometimes in vore you have situations like sentient fat or genital transformation where the character isn't necessarily dead even though they've been vored and aren't coming back from it.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Birichino » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Speedyblupi wrote:
EnderDracolich wrote:

Because sometimes in vore you have situations like sentient fat or genital transformation where the character isn't necessarily dead even though they've been vored and aren't coming back from it.

But then it'd be better to use the specific term for what happened to them, wouldn't it? And "permadeath" wouldn't be mistaken for something in which they're alive in some way.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby C107galaxytachyon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Hard to say, really. I think your term is a bit disingenuous, though, given how it sounds. "Eaten forever" seems far more akin to that old folk's legend of a snake eating its own tail, or this re-occuring piece from marloweny's HDTF works. https://aryion.com/g4/view/342672 (It's just beyond the halfway point.)
C107galaxytachyon
Somewhat familiar

Postby 24tuccu » Tue May 28, 2019 12:43 pm

As eternal beings would any of you like to be permanently stomached stay the same age with no other needs or pain by the girl giantess of your choice? Hard/soft vore, Im soft vore myself and well up for that litterally. a nice sexy erotic kind of eternal damnation.
24tuccu
New to the forum

Postby Scrumptious » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 am

I've thought of the scenario where the prey's body is consumed and digested as normal, but that the soul (a ghost, if you will) remains captured within the pred's stomach for the rest of the pred's life.

Anyway, from the discussion above, I guess that the community has not settled on any nomenclature for it.
Scrumptious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion