A scenario I wonder if other people have thought about.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A scenario I wonder if other people have thought about.

Postby Ixtili » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:06 am

So this scenario is kind of inspired by the idea of a shadow self.
For those who don't know the concept of the shadow self, is that it's the repressed parts of someone, the parts of themself that they'd rather not acknowledge or that they avoid.
Personally I've always liked the idea of this side coming to the surface as a predator, espeacially towards someone that the person cares about.
I imagine this side as not so much a separate entity from the predator but rather the predator without inhibitions, with all the consequences of what they want put on the back shelf in favour of just claiming what they desire most.
I kinda like this idea paired with a supernatural trigger, so the person is slowly becoming something inhuman or was already inhuman and has been repressing it's true nature for the sake of it's loved ones.

Also the concept that despite all that effort put into protecting someone, the designatd prey in question turns out however reluctantly to have just as much chemistry and be just as attracted to this terrifying monstrous version of their partner as they were the normal one. Essentially the prey is reluctantly attracted to the predator and the predator is unabashedly attracted to the prey.

I think the appeal here comes from the idea that the predator is almost a force of nature that the prey and even the person who becomes the predator is swept up by. Like the persons feelings for their partner become so strong that there's no room left for anything but the monster. The predatory side can still be sapiant or talk but ultimately the person they were has been superceded by their hunger for the other person.

Has anyone else thought about this? Or maybe experienced trace elements of it that maybe match up with my explanation? Or maybe it's just too specific a thing to crop up for other people?
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A scenario I wonder if other people have thought about.

Postby Datstrudel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:00 am

I've thought of this briefly before. I think it's an interesting idea.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sweetladyamy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:46 am

Not something I haven't heard of, though I've never quite used that specific context, I have used similar context.

I've also seen it used in other mediums, though outside of vore scenarios.

For example, there's a dynamic a lot like this in the Yuri RPG, Luxaren Allure, but no one gets eaten in that game.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:26 am

Persona 4.png

And I've seen it used before, but it's pretty rare.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby moonpunch101 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Definitely an interesting idea, especially in a situation where the act in question isn't necessarily fatal, so it becomes something of a recurring thing that happens.
moonpunch101
New to the forum

Postby Speedyblupi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:00 pm

Do you mean a Jekyll and Hyde sort of thing?

If so, yeah, I've seen this a few times. There are a decent number of stories about it on Eka's portal, though they seem to be a lot more common in certain parts of the community than others. It seems reasonably common in MLP and pokémon, which is a lot of what I'm interested in, and also seems more common with more "extreme" things like gore and scat.

Things like werewolf vore are also fairly common, though I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for.
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby Ixtili » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 am

Speedyblupi wrote:Do you mean a Jekyll and Hyde sort of thing?

If so, yeah, I've seen this a few times. There are a decent number of stories about it on Eka's portal, though they seem to be a lot more common in certain parts of the community than others. It seems reasonably common in MLP and pokémon, which is a lot of what I'm interested in, and also seems more common with more "extreme" things like gore and scat.

Things like werewolf vore are also fairly common, though I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for.

Not necessarily, Jekyll and Hyde are generally considered separate personalities I was thinking more a single person with an almost separate and inhuman predatory side that is none the less ultimately still the person. Whereas in Jekyll and Hyde adaptions you often have that concept of two personalities fighting but this predator could never get into that sort of argument because there's no one else to argue with.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zanetti » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:34 pm

I think it's an interesting idea. I think this is exactly https://bestheatgun.com last year. I did check out https://bestwoodworkingrouter.com. It's truly fascinating, imo.
Last edited by zanetti on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you know what my pals doing nowadays? It's all about playing at https://aquariumairpump.com. Money is better than anything. And I know I'm right.
zanetti
New to the forum

Postby Dekkard2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:37 pm

MechaSharkZilla wrote:Persona 4.png

And I've seen it used before, but it's pretty rare.

I was about to say Persona 4 is the closest I've seen to this idea being used.
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Postby Primatalus » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:29 am

Someone has been playing Persona 4.
Primatalus
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ixtili » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:01 pm

DerpCow wrote:Someone has been playing Persona 4.

Never actually played it XD
Although I actually like this theme in stories aswell as vore so maybe I should.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Racklin1899 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:20 pm

I really like the sound of it. The hunger just slowly grows until the predator gives in to that gnawing starvation, and their attraction to their loved one makes them feel like nothing else can sate that hunger.
Racklin1899
New to the forum

Postby Dekkard2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:14 am

Ixtili wrote:
DerpCow wrote:Someone has been playing Persona 4.

Never actually played it XD
Although I actually like this theme in stories aswell as vore so maybe I should.

Yes you should :) it's a great game. Persona 4 and 5 are the best in the series
I am open for commissions
https://aryion.com/g4/userpage.commissi ... d=Dekkard2
PM me if you're interested and we can work something out
Dekkard2
---

Return to General Vore Discussion