Does anyone like or dislike digestion in vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Do you like digestion or do you hate it?

Yes, I like digestion. Or I like it because...
75%
I only allow it if prey can reform, if done to a enemy or if plot related...!
10%
I'm indifferent to this! I don't care, at all!
6%
I REALLY BLOODY HATE DIGESTION! THE BETS ARE OFF!
5%
I have a other opinion I can share!
4%

Total votes : 168

Does anyone like or dislike digestion in vore?

Postby Michele » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:42 am

I don't wanna to be a Bloody Queen AKA a drama queen, one who always whine, but in my opinion and in my eyes, digestion is something that distrubs me and turns me off.

I REALLY hate digestion for me. I can't explain this feeling too clearly, but It's like the predator wants to kill the prey, whereas the prey didn't even do anything., and it's like, I quite don't approve unless the prey did something to the pred, because it's just not so fair! It's NOT SO INNOCENT! The prey DIDN'T even do anything, yet he suffers! Aaaaargh! This is making me a little crazy! I wanna stop reading that just now!!

Sorry...Please forget about the above comment. This... is what happens to me when I see something about digestion, but it can be worse when there is digestion without... warning. I-I... have a mixed opinion, actually... Like, I might allow myself to see digestion if it's doing that to a enemy, or only if the main character can get reformed...

Otherwise...I just stay away. EW. Disgusting, really. I... don't like that at all.

Before you go all 'OOMMMMGGG YOU'RE SO USELESS STOP WHININGG!!!!' I'm not whining. There is actually filters. I just filter away the stories that have fatal digestion to a main character, and they disappear all in one click. Still, some of them somehow manage to slip through while I watch vore related content.

TLDR: I really HATE fatal digestion, expect if the main character/prey can get reformed or if digestion is done to a enemy or if the reason is plot related. All I keep seeing are stories with fatal digestion in the end, and I'm getting tired of that. It feels like every once in a blue moon there is a story without fatal digestion.

...W-What about you? Do you like digestions? Are they a turn off for you?
Last edited by Michele on Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Re: Does anyone like or dislike digestion in vore?

Postby MrGrimlock » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:08 am

In my case, digestion is totally fine, HOWEVER I do have limitations:

First and foremost, absolutely NO DIGESTION if there is a child involved in any way. I've seen people hit me with excuses such as "it makes the pred look powerful" in the case of child prey. "Power" would mean picking on someone bigger and/or stronger than yourself. It's a child, you sick fuck. Stop it.

Second, fatality is only really reserved for who I'd consider to be "lesser" side characters. Basically unimportant, generic NPCs that appear, but still fit the following criteria:
-are 18 or older
-fit a commonplace, generally negative archetype (archtype?) (ex: thugs, bandits, etc.)
-not a specific character in any way, just totally cookie-cuttered
-going back to first reason, do NOT resemble a child in any way (including shota/loli)

Third, I do prefer graphic, more descriptive digestion (but just the actual digestion part) over soft digestion. IMO, it kinda feels nice to actually describe how the prey's coming apart in there instead of being turned into something akin of mashed potatoes. Adds a sense of extreme danger and peril for them.

Fourth, in a roleplaying light, I don't enjoy fatality for the main characters (characters played by myself and my partner) or major side characters (characters who didn't necessarily have to be involved, but do contribute to the plot and are considered important by one or both of us). As stated within my own LFRP post for it (though it just refers to main characters in the description):
-Fatal vore involving our characters (or a character I'd care about): Plain and simply, I have no business killing off your character, nor do you have any killing off mine.
MrGrimlock
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wolfsage » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:16 am

I'm not a fan of it, as it kinda ruins my fantasies. Not that it won't be brought up, but that doesn't mean it's not a thing. People just don't know :D
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MechaSharkZilla » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:21 am

I view the entire thing more as EXTREME CUDDLING than anything else, so digestion sort of squicks me out. I have some stories that conclude that way that I really like, but I have to make my own edits where everyone comes out of the situation fine and dandy. ^^; If there was such a thing as wholesome macro/micro vore, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Generic disclaimer: Being into digestion is perfectly valid, and is probably the majority of vore fetishists. And that's A-Okay.
MechaSharkZilla
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby stearwing » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:51 am

>implying you're a sadist for liking digestion
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby BelleJar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:00 am

I almost went with the second option but then i thought about it and decided that my preference isn't exactly like that since i do allow for permanent digestion of nonvillains in my rps. Also any digestion HAS to be pleasurable to the prey. It's one of my hard rules that can derail a storyline if broken
boop
BelleJar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby puck5 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:28 am

Digestion is one of my favorite things about vore next to the prey being eaten. Knowing that an incredibly hot/beautiful woman has just gotten eaten and soon all of her hotness/beauty will amount to nothing but melting, crap, and ass or tit fat making another woman even hotter is awesome to me. I prefer graphic digestion where the prey is described in detail how their features are slowly melted off their bones and turned into goop but implied digestion is good too.
puck5
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:37 am

I feel it's a little unfair to make the digestion option look so, let's say, rigged. It looks very "If you choose this option you're weird" which is kind of unfair. I personally enjoy digestion, because a huge part of vore that I enjoy these days is the perilous aspect of it. A feeling of fear and inescapability, as a predators body goes along its everyday processes, dehumanizing the prey which feeds into my enjoyment due to the humiliation aspects. I enjoy non-fatal as well, both are good in their respective scenarios, but I ultimately prefer one over the other...
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby SilhouetteofKid » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:46 am

I kinda know how you feel but for the most part. I don't think I hate digestion though, just indifferent.
I do get the same feeling sometimes if the story is very soul-crushing. It happens.
If I'm doing digestion it'll probably be implied. Though I have been meaning to do a digestion sequence.
Not the really graphic ones though. ^^; As far as when I'm looking at art or reading stories, I don't have
any preferences. Digestion or no, it really depends on what I like about it art or story wise. Everything else
is just a bonus to me.
Hell yeah. (⌐■_■)

SilhouetteofKid
Somewhat familiar

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:06 am

I very much like digestion but very much dislike fatal vore. To me, that's just eating. So, as I've endlessly repeated elsewhere, I opt for pleasurable non-fatal digestion that involves a temporary defensive transmutation magic rather than death and reformation or resurrection, and all my non-commission stories and published role-plays use this method.

The world of Āen: making vore a joy since—well, a long time ago. :P
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InsertAGoodNameHere » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 am

Oh right, of course liking digestion makes you a sadist. "Everyone that likes something I don't like is a soulless monster", right?

So fucking classy.
InsertAGoodNameHere
New to the forum

Postby number12321 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:11 am

I feel it's a little unfair to make the digestion option look so, let's say, rigged. It looks very "If you choose this option you're weird" which is kind of unfair.

^^^I Agree^^^

Having leading questions like this on a survey invalidates the survey in my eyes. If you would add a few options for, "I like digestion because...." that would be one thing, but you make it such that digestion can only be selected if the person self identifies as a sadist. I selected this option though I am not a sadist. This was since I wanted to be sure it was clear I like digestion. I honestly don't know if this was intentional or not, but it is important to make your surveys unbaised. For the record I would very much call myself a masochist, I enjoy the humiliation and not so much the pain aspects of digestion. But I enjoy them from the perspective of prey and as such the appeal is not the result of sadism, but masochism.

Honestly I appreciate you for having something that bothers you and trying to remove yourself from it. I might recommend requesting the artist who forget the fatal tags to add them, or add them yourself (Im not an expert in how to add tags). Of course there is no need to tell the creator you find their work disturbing, just request they include fatal and digestion tags when relevant. Personally, I will try harder to label my future works with digestion and fatal to make sure I never expose anyone to something they are politely trying to stay away from.

On the topic at hand, I love digestion in vore. Vore to me is an act of domination for the pred and submission of they prey. Complete digestion just feels like one of the purest forms of those things.

I think it is important to never feel like digestion is more morally acceptable when the prey is a bad guy or something like that. There is one reason digestion is morally acceptable and that is that it is complete fantasy. With that said I can definitely see where making the prey a dick would make the work less upsetting and think that is beyond understandable. But, at the same time I love innocent prey because it just highlights the dominance of the pred, and submission of the prey. Making someone go from stranger to begging to turn into assfat in seconds is something I like in vore. To be clear finding digestion of innocent people as icky is completely alright, but trying to establish something like a moral hierarchy of when digestion is wrong to like or ok to like seems risky for any hierarchy that is not, IRL digestion = bad, non-IRL digestion = fine.
number12321
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:41 am

I don't dislike it, per say. I view vore as supposed to be a highly sexual act. EATING is something else entirely. You're not going to fuck the chicken you made for Christmas Dinner (I would hope...) and you're not going to fuck the pie you're giving to your granny (again, I would hope...) so there's no reason for sex to be involved in FOOD. Unless it's like... spraying whipped cream on your lover's junk and eating it off, THEN you can link vore and sex. When you're going to digest something, it's food and is no longer vore. HOWEVER... there is a caveat. I like vore with digestion if the digestion is either done "off screen" or presumed to have happened off screen. That or it's more... quick and absorb-ee than digestion-ee. Ya'll'll see what I mean when I post this latest MLP short-fic I've started up.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Michele » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:50 am

InsertAGoodNameHere wrote:Oh right, of course liking digestion makes you a sadist. "Everyone that likes something I don't like is a soulless monster", right?

So fucking classy.

Whaat?!

I didn't say that I would call someone a soulless monster if he or she liked digestion. I don't mind if you do like digestion actually.

But the thought of this fetish for me makes it distrubing and maybe a little creepy to me.
Michele
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tyslan03 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:02 am

Obviously not in line with OP's views, but I love digestion. In fact, I find the works boring if a fictional life isn't on the line. The humiliation of being treated as nothing more than food is a major turn-on for me, and part of being food is getting digested.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:17 pm

number12321 wrote:Having leading questions like this on a survey invalidates the survey in my eyes. If you would add a few options for, "I like digestion because...." that would be one thing, but you make it such that digestion can only be selected if the person self identifies as a sadist. I selected this option though I am not a sadist. This was since I wanted to be sure it was clear I like digestion. I honestly don't know if this was intentional or not, but it is important to make your surveys unbiased. For the record I would very much call myself a masochist, I enjoy the humiliation and not so much the pain aspects of digestion. But I enjoy them from the perspective of prey and as such the appeal is not the result of sadism, but masochism.

Definitely falling by the wayside of masochism.

As for me, oh yes, I absolutely love digestion. One of the main reasons why is it finalizes the act of consumption. I say this a lot, but I'll say it once more. What is the stomach/gizzard/other primary digestive organ for? What is its' primary function? Exactly.

I'm definitely prey in all aspects, and enjoy being digested. That said, I'm a firm believer in the following:

"You do you. Be mindful of my likes, I'll do the same for yours."

What that means is that, if you don't like digestion (or anything else), that's fine by me.

Most of my work involves digestion with some sort of reformation/regeneration. My current series is going to do exactly this, with 'magic' pills that change the characteristics of the intended predator and the intended prey. Of course, the lead character, one of my OCs, may or may not be to everyone's tastes, and that's fine too.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby number12321 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Definitely falling by the wayside of masochism.

My apologies, but I don't know if I follow what you are saying.
number12321
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chameleonette » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:39 pm

I love digestion. And fatality. In fact, I pretty much need it in my vore fantasies. And I do not like it when certain preferences are basically shamed because someone doesn't like or agree with them or has a different opinion.

No fantasy or preference is better than another. There is no 'moral ground' to stand on here that makes one thing more acceptable than another.

And furthermore, my preference is also unwilling prey that doesn't deserve it. She hasn't earned it. She's not evil. (Although there's nothing wrong with cases like that, too---it all boils down to what someone likes.) He takes all of her because he desperately wants/desires her. That's my favorite fantasy. It's hot to me. I love the idea of unwilling, willful prey that fights and struggles against him, but is ultimately overpowered. And I love the pred getting enjoyment from her struggles and digestion.

I get a lot of crap for liking male preds and female prey as is, but extra judgement from people who equate it to things like 'rape' and 'murder' with unwilling prey and digestion involved, to try to downplay it and attempt to make you feel wrong or gross or put nasty labels on you for enjoying something that they don't. It's not a nice mindset to have. Avoiding things you don't like is easy and there's really no need to speak out hatefully and judgmentally against things you dislike as though they're somehow less unacceptable than what you like.

And I enjoy this all from the perspective of the prey, by the by. There's nothing to me like a guy who decides he wants his prey completely and wholly to himself, more than anything, and seeks to have her in her entirety by digesting her (and in my case, keeping her as fat or pudge to be admired and treasured upon his form).

But I have no issue with people who don't like digestion or who only like it with reformation, etc. Lots of my friends do (or several enjoy both). It's easy to get along with other people who like different things if you respect that they like them and make it a point not to speak rudely about things they enjoy. Having different preferences doesn't make you bad or disgusting or morally corrupt. Vore is a fantasy---and all vore fantasies stand on the same ground. Just keep avoiding what you dislike, if it really bothers you. There's no need to try to shame it with all these bolded letterings and things.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby N-Mario » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:47 pm

Meh......... I really don't like it. I'd rather just make friends with the pred, get held in the mouth, or in the belly, and just make it as my new home. :)
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby SirSeaSalt » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:39 pm

May as well give my own two cents for this: I personally need to have digestion in vore. It's just something I can't really do without; it's a lot like cake without ice cream or cereal without milk, can you have one without the other? Sure, but it's very boring. To me non fatal vore is just a really watered down version of the fetish, mostly because I don't see the appeal to the "gentle and intimate" side of it. If you wanna do cuddles and cute stuff you can do it outside of the stomach, because last I checked an organ that was meant to process and break down food isn't the safest place in the world to be.

Anyway before I accidentally go on a tangent, I may as well go into a bit of detail for why I love digestion. A big reason why I enjoy it is because of the domination aspect. I explained this to a close friend once before who didn't understand why I had the fetish, and I said something along the lines of this:

"Sure people can put a collar on you, call you their pet, make you do degrading things... but it's nothing compared to destroying an entire life purely for a selfish reason, what is that reason you may ask? You're hungry. Imagine someone's entire life, their thoughts, their hopes and dreams, it means nothing to you as a predator. They're just food; nobody thinks about the burger or steak they eat, so why should a predator be any different? That's what I love about it, it's the ultimate form of domination. To so carelessly scarf down another living, sentient being and destroy what they were and convert it into something useful for yourself is just... amazing. After that they belong to you, and that's way better than what any daddy dom or master can ever achieve."

Justifiably so this may be the reason why people don't like digestion, because it destroys another living being and some people view it as evil or sadistic, but I go back to the point I made about the burger. You really don't think about the food you eat, you don't really care where it came from, what it once was, what it wanted, all you know is that you're hungry and it's food. Predators have the same mindset. To go with what the OP said, that they feel like the predator just wants to "kill" the prey is entirely dishonest and untrue. Does the prey die? Of course, digestion isn't a very safe process to go through. Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure, but from my observations most predators just want to fill their belly, and ordinary food that you and I eat isn't enough.

Now I really don't mind whatever people enjoy in this niche community, I have friends who enjoy non fatal vore, absorption, reformation, etc. I don't have a problem with it, but from my perspective I've come to notice that usually the people who cause the most problems for me are the non fatal crowd. I've periodically had people tell me that I'm "sick" or "wrong" for liking fatal digestion, disposal, and all those other bodily functions that come from eating and processing food. Do I have a problem with it? Not really, but it is rather irritating whenever people try and single me out once in a while. Especially since I tend to go with very graphic and painful digestion, with the painless or even pleasurable kind being a major turn off for me.

Again I'm sorry for singling you out OP, but really that kind of attitude you took during the very beginning didn't make me take this poll very seriously. As some people said above, it just seems so biased. If you had just put something like "I enjoy digestion/I enjoy digestion but only when.../I don't care either way/I don't like it/I have another opinion" as opposed to that clusterfuck of options and then your rant, it would have seem like you actually wanted to know what people thought instead of looking for others to just agree with you. Hopefully I didn't offend anybody, but that's just me.

Also, this is my first post on the forum! Yay! :D I wish it wasn't on such an odd downhill trend, but I felt as if I should go ahead and give my view on this. Hopefully I made sense!
SirSeaSalt
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion